Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
29 minutes ago, twichlove said:

Also, i wanted to ask where the move relearner is since i just evolved my shellder and i need to teach it shell smash.

The move relearner is in the Services District of Olidroll City. Olidroll City is where the 6th and 7th gyms are.

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

Hey where is the day care center? And how many gym badges do I need to access it?

The Day Care center is at the Legend Dairy, which is to the east of Aliora City. Aliora City is where the 4th gym is, but you don't need the 4th badge in order to access Legend Dairy or the daycare.

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, twichlove said:

So far loving the game :)

it's perfect for a fun casual experience, i have a suggestion though.

Can you change the pokemon breeder who has all audino's audinos to only have healing wish? 

They used to only have Healing Wish. I'd like to change them back for training convenience, but at the same time from an in-universe perspective I'm not sure why a trainer would only have a move that faints their Pokemon...maybe I could make them something like the simulations. 

5 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

They used to only have Healing Wish. I'd like to change them back for training convenience, but at the same time from an in-universe perspective I'm not sure why a trainer would only have a move that faints their Pokemon...maybe I could make them something like the simulations. 

(But the audinos also faint instantly to anything ghost.)

Rn i'm at oildroll city but the audino here keep paralyzing with secret power and then finishing off with take down.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, twichlove said:

(But the audinos also faint instantly to anything ghost.)

Rn i'm at oildroll city but the audino here keep paralyzing with secret power and then finishing off with take down.

Reuploaded with the following changes/updates:

-The Pokemon Breeders that use Audino now all use Healing Wish. An NPC was added to Virima City who explains that these are a new type of battle simulations made by Isabelle to help people with training. 

-Forest Opening now has the same music as Forest of Feeling and Aliora Meadow

-Can no longer walk through walls near the entrance of the cave at Classic Park

-Fixed an NPC's speech in Gellene Town who referred to Gellene as a city instead of a town

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I never realized until now that you could choose to start with an Ultra Beast so I'm literally restarting my game ONLY so I can start off with my main 'mon Nihilego. Favorite design ever~ Also holy jeebus the UB sprites are some big in the starter selection area. Are they supposed to be so gigantic, or is that a bug of some kind? Just that they kind of overlap each other to the point of not being able to see them separately that well.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, shinymissingno said:

I never realized until now that you could choose to start with an Ultra Beast so I'm literally restarting my game ONLY so I can start off with my main 'mon Nihilego. Favorite design ever~ Also holy jeebus the UB sprites are some big in the starter selection area. Are they supposed to be so gigantic, or is that a bug of some kind? Just that they kind of overlap each other to the point of not being able to see them separately that well.

The UB overworld sprites are bigger than the rest of the Pokemon OW sprites because they weren't made with fangames in mind (as far as I know). They were made by artists on Deviantart. Personthing used them for his Rejuvenation Follower Pokemon mod, and that's where I got them from. Celesteela and Nihilego were made by Zender1752, and all of the others were made by OldSoulja.

• Global Mods

(typing this from mobile) Currently experiencing computer issues.

I had a notification that my computer was going to restart for an update. I wanted to postpone it at first but decided to do it to get it over with. When it restarted, it said it didn't restart correctly and needed to be repaired.

Things I tried that didn't work:

-restarting again (multiple times)

-turning it off and on again

-system restore to earlier today (it said the restore was successful, but after restarting it was still in the infinite loop of saying it need repairs)

-going to startup settings and choosing the option for it to not try repairing for startup failure. When it tried to do so, the loading circle froze when it was starting back up. I tried 3 times.

-Various command prompt things I read about online. I apparently don't have access to the boot command that could (possibly?) fix this issue for some reason and trying to give myself access also failed

I was able to find the error code, though, and the solutions I found all require resources that I don't have. I can't proceed, so computer people will need to be contacted. 

I hope this can be fixed soon. I'm sad. I wanted to show the singing career in the postgame soon...

I hope I don't lose any data, too. In the worst case scenario I'll have to do many legendary sidequests again, and I'm not looking forward to doing Tapu Bulu's quest again if I have to. That was exhausting. 

I don't think my flash drive would be damaged, but that's what would happen if it is. 

Because I'm sad and bored, here's some info that was going to be part of the post where I showed the singing career: 

-I forgot that the bag only displays up to 99 of an item until I got the 100th marble. But this won't make the end of the quest impossible, because I use a control variable for when the player obtains marbles. Mable's Gothitelle goes off of this variable instead of checking how many marbles are in the player's bag. The marbles aren't related to the singing career, I just thought this should be mentioned. 

-I decided to split the singing career into three different events. The player will be able to become a pop idol like Chelsea and perform during the daytime at DJ Ultra Beats' gym. If you go to DJ Ultra Beats' gym at night, you can watch Noise Pollution perform. And there's a legendary sidequest that involves rapping with the legendary in question. I split them into three events because I have different levels of confidence in doing the styles involved well, with the most confidence in Chelsea's. Mainly, I have songs of Chelsea's planned out, but I don't know enough about metal to have the player perform it.  

(I'm still going to show a screenshot of the singing career, this is just information about the change) 

• Global Mods

Update: The error is apparently caused by Windows being removed from the PC. The update my computer did was apparently infamous for causing that to happen.

The Staples people think they can fix it in 1-3 days. I don't know if I'll still have everything on the computer or not. Even if I don't, with the copy I have on my flash drive, I'll only have to redo the Dialga quest. In my last post I wondered whether my flash drive would be damaged too, but I don't think it would be. 

I'll have to make sure to change the settings for updates so it only does the really important ones. 

• Global Mods

Computer is fixed! And now it's set to only do the crucial updates. 

I don't have anything on it anymore, so it's like starting over with a new computer. But since I have my flash drive, I only need to redo the Dialga quest, which shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. But there are other things I had before on my computer that I need to re-download. I should hopefully get back to working on Spork by tonight.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

BECOME AN IDOL

0UorruQpQ2qMM_yReo7vyA.png

After the post-Champion story, you can become a pop idol like Chelsea. During the daytime in DJ Ultra Beats' gym, you can sing. The first time will be practice with Chelsea in the back of the gym, where you'll repeat back to her words from a song she sings earlier near the final gym battle, and then you'll sing that song on stage. 

3RziFqHUQvWdm0ReLDe3bA.png

After that, Chelsea recommends coming up with songs of your own. Including your cover of Chelsea's song, there are five songs total. For the four that the player makes, you'll have to fill in words the first time, and once you've done all five, you can choose to sing any one and the player will sing them automatically without you having to do anything. 

gKZWlDHCRMa96Tr0l9eWeQ.png

After every performance, more people will come to hear your singing!

pKSdRixyT8OrHtaZ3Zja4Q.png

FTx3icv5SjawfDQD9MN3Ng.png

(the female player's official name is still Sierran, I just asked Nakuto for a save file since the computer issues took away mine. I didn't have any save files stored in my flash drive)

(this is probably obvious but sprites shown for DJ Ultra Beats, Kayla, Blueberry, Agne, and Alumia aren't final; they're temporary until Palletite is able to return)

• Developers

This might have been asked before, but i'm not scrolling through 37 pages to find the answer. The 2nd gym says that the gym leader is "out to lunch." I assumed this meant the cafe, and these were the only special sprites in there. But talking to them does nothing, so is the gym leader somewhere else, or is it bugged?

image.thumb.png.d0e7f9aefd8c87521fc3a5f2f7fe8b80.png

• Global Mods
22 minutes ago, _Vipyr said:

This might have been asked before, but i'm not scrolling through 37 pages to find the answer. The 2nd gym says that the gym leader is "out to lunch." I assumed this meant the cafe, and these were the only special sprites in there. But talking to them does nothing, so is the gym leader somewhere else, or is it bugged?

image.thumb.png.d0e7f9aefd8c87521fc3a5f2f7fe8b80.png

You have to interact with them while being on one of the chairs across from them at the table. 

• Developers
17 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

You have to interact with them while being on one of the chairs across from them at the table. 

Ohh, that explains it. But why wouldn't make it so you just walk up to them and talk? What you did here isn't exactly the best idea, no offense.

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, _Vipyr said:

Ohh, that explains it. But why wouldn't make it so you just walk up to them and talk? What you did here isn't exactly the best idea, no offense.

I think I preferred the player to be across the table in the scene for aesthetic reasons, but I don't remember exactly. You're right that it can be confusing, though. I've seen videos where it takes people a little while to realize that you can only activate the scene if you're across from them. Now that it's been brought up here I'll make a note to change this for the next reupload. 

I also was at that part of the game in early 2016 and didn't know as much about the eventing commands back then. It's possible I didn't know how to make them keep facing across the table until they realize the player is there, or how to make the player move to the table seats if they're interacting from the sides (which would allow me to keep that aesthetic of the scene if I want while not having the confusion that exists currently). 

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following changes and updates:

-the cafe scene with Ashley and Kayla can now be activated by speaking to them and not just by sitting across from them

-added Reborn E17's new attack animations

-can no longer walk through the classroom doors at the Sea Star School

-Farfetch'd in Tinder Forest now give a Stick every time you talk to them instead of just the first time

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Legendary sidequests are all done! Next is the postgame rematches, and then the Battle Frontier. 

Cosmoem -> Solgaleo = Sun Stone

Cosmoem -> Lunala = Moon Stone

Zygarde 10% -> Zygarde 50% = Level 50 and Zygarde 50% -> Zygarde 100% = Level 100

Multiple Cosmog are walking around in the overworld in a specific place like Manaphy and Phione at Celium Park, so you'll be able to get both evolutions. 

Instead of being in the obtainablepokemon notepad file, information on where and how to get legendaries will be in a new notepad file titled "legendarysidequests". Some legendary sidequests are doable after the Champion, for some you need to complete the post-Champion story, and for a few others you need to have visited the Battle Frontier and done an event there following the post-Champion story. Because of that, I have a head start on the Battle Frontier, though I'm saving the bulk of it for after most of the rematches. The Frontier Brains are all characters you've already met, and their Battle Frontier appearances will count as their postgame rematches. 

For rematches, most teams will be the same, with a few exceptions:

-Aretha swaps Gourgeist for Decidueye, since Gina and Aretha would be using the same Grass/Ghost Pokemon otherwise. Decidueye strikes me as a "silent guardian" type, and I think it suits Aretha well since she has a reserved nature. 

-Jim uses the Furfrou from the first battle that was changed for Komala in the second. He still uses the Kangaskhan from the second battle, which Happiny was changed for. So his postgame team is Staraptor, Exploud, Kangaskhan, Stoutland, Furfrou, and Girafarig. 

-Rania's team is the most different, since she's known for having the most Pokemon of anyone in the region. 

When I announced Adventurer Cradily, Dreamer Musharna, and Musical Corsola, I said that some will appear on rematch teams, but I changed my mind about that. I decided to keep those Pokemon within their own sidequest, like the Holiday Pokemon. 

When I get to finishing the Battle Frontier, I do plan on announcing some info about each facility, but I won't give away exactly what they are aside from the Tower and Factory, which I've confirmed before. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following fixes/updates:

-on the marble location list, for the Pokemon Research Institute one, it said to talk to the top right researcher when it should have said middle right. It now says middle right.

-can no longer pass through the bottom of merchandise shelves in Wendy's room in her gym

-In Jim's speech after the gym battle, changed the line about there being someone who can change a Hidden Power type to there being someone who can teach any type of Hidden Power to a Pokemon. 

-In Jim's dialogue after the gym battle, removed this line: "There are people who have been trainers since before you two were alive who haven't put up that kind of fight against me, let alone beat me in one go." This line didn't make sense as Jim wouldn't know the player's date of birth. He didn't even know where the player and Emily were from until he asked later in the game. So I don't imagine Emily gave Jim that kind of information during their battle. 

-In Ashley's post-battle speech, changed this previous line: "You and me could team up 12 vs 6 against her and we'd get destroyed with no effort." to this line: "We could team up 12 vs 6 against her and still lose." The "destroyed with no effort" part seems like an exaggeration. Ashley was holding back in the gym battle (this will be explained in more detail in the lategame, but she tries to be as evenly matched with challengers as possible). At her full strength she may not be as strong as Kayla, but she's still close enough to be a serious challenge*. 

-When the player meets Kayla at the Pokemon Research Institute, the player now tells her that Ashley said hi, as Ashley asked the player to do after the gym battle

*going by in-universe and not by levels, which I see as a game mechanic and not something that physically exists. Going by levels, everyone will be level 100 at the postgame