Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

I found a new bug:

Spoiler

For some reason Electric Type Pokémon are not immune to paralysis when you use Discharge. (I don´t know if same thing happens with other movements such as Thunder Wave, Spark, Thunder Fang, etc.)

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, Sr.F said:

I found a new bug:

Reveal hidden contents

For some reason Electric Type Pokémon are not immune to paralysis when you use Discharge. (I don´t know if same thing happens with other movements such as Thunder Wave, Spark, Thunder Fang, etc.)

It works with other moves too. Electric types can be paralyzed, Grass types can be effected by spore and powder moves, and Toxic's accuracy isn't 100 when used by a Poison type. I'm unfortunately not sure why this happens. The Gen 6 updates for those types are programmed in, but they don't seem to be working. 

Current progress on Delicia's Delicious Dreamland: I'm on chapter 2, out of four chapters total. Chapter 2 will probably take the longest, but I've been making good progress! 

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

Thanks for letting me know that was set to false. I thought it was set to true, so I didn't consider that it could be why those weren't working. 

Reuploaded with the following fixes:

-Electric types can no longer be paralyzed

-Grass types are no longer effected by spore and powder moves

-Toxic now has 100% accuracy when used by a Poison type

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded to fix a bug where sleep-causing moves made an error pop up and wouldn't make the opponent sleep. 

It seems to have been a bug that started happening recently, since the last time I used Sing in battle (when I was finishing the Battle Frontier) it worked then. I don't know what caused it, though o . o 

Progress on Delicia's Delicious Dreamland: It's been almost 2 weeks since I estimated 2-3 weeks, but I'm still on chapter 2. Olidroll is a big city and I kind of underestimated how long populating with NPCs and such would take ^^' The past 5 days have mainly been NPCs and adding text to TVs and trash cans. But I'm almost done with that. Only the Department Store and Recreation District are left, then I can continue with the story. I still think I can complete it by the end of April, though! Once I'm finished populating and eventing in Olidroll, I think progress will go a lot quicker. 

Edit: I'm now finished with populating and eventing Olidroll :D 

• Global Mods

Reuploaded again because I found a game-breaking bug while playtesting Delicia's Delicious Dreamland: Lumiose Galette and Shalour Sable weren't programmed in as items, so buying or obtaining one would cause the game to crash. I do remember this happening when I was developing episode 2 of Spork and bought one of everything from the candy shop, but I was very sure I fixed it when I first found it. 

• Global Mods

Progress update on Delicia's Delicious Dreamland: I've now finished chapter 2! :D 2 more chapters to go. I've had a lot of fun making this game so far. 

Something I meant to mention in an earlier post but forgot is that while normally the Pokemart items you can buy depends on how many badges you have, I've removed that from the Pokemart cashiers' pages for Delicia's Delicious Dreamland so that all Pokemart stock is available. Since this game doesn't involve earning badges and all Pokemon are level 100, a Potion isn't going to be very useful XD 

I've also removed nurses asking if you want your Pokemon healed in order to avoid having Delicia speak in non-food terms, so they'll automatically heal your Pokemon when you speak to them. 

Sometimes I really would like to post screenshots, but I feel like I should save that for when it's complete. So this info is compensation ^^

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Delicia's Delicious Dreamland progress update: I've finished chapter 3! Although it's very late into the month now, I still think I can finish chapter 4 before April ends. It's not a guarantee, but I think it's possible. In terms of chapter length, 2 is the longest, followed by 3, 4, and then 1.

• Global Mods

image.png.177a1e0b66c4e756b7aa46eba0685d6c.png

image.png.dc830bf098438cc22f4fa89ba432bd8b.png

image.png.534b2cf2d0a0c890be7b4124318109df.png

image.png.b441ed1adf405741c2db4fef596fe010.png

Delicia's Delicious Dreamland is now released! I had a really fun time making this, and I hope you enjoy it ^_^ The download link is below the 4.5 download link.

I might have to see a doctor soon due to reoccuring issues the past few days (mainly chest pain), and I apologize in advance if that causes any delays with responses, reuploads (if necessary), etc.  

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Delicia's Delicious Dreamland is now released! I had a really fun time making this, and I hope you enjoy it ^_^ The download link is below the 4.5 download link.

I might have to see a doctor soon due to reoccuring issues the past few days (mainly chest pain), and I apologize in advance if that causes any delays with responses, reuploads (if necessary), etc.  

Don't apologize for that. Take care of yourself 1st and worry about the game later. It's wonderful with everything you've done so far. 😊

• Like 3

• Global Mods

I had meant to include more information in my post, but I was so tired when I made the last one that I only included the most important parts and then went to bed. I woke up close to 3 AM and couldn't get back to sleep, so I spent the next several hours finishing the game.

Bugs: Delicia's Delicious Dreamland uses Spork as a base game, so any bugs that exist in Spork probably exist here too, though many of them won't be encountered. For example, Audino staying in the field after using Healing Wish until the next Pokemon is sent out. There aren't any trainers in Delicia's Delicious Dreamland that use Audino, so you won't run into this. The two I think players are likeliest to experience are:

-Some people are automatically healed when entering a Pokemon Center or place with a healing machine for the first time

-Hyper Potion heals 200 HP in battle and 120 HP outside battle

Battles: Since the player just has Delicia's three Pokemon from the start of Spork, I tried to be careful about which Pokemon the trainers would use (and for the boss battles, which moves they had) so that players wouldn't be at a major disadvantage against anyone. I also have every TM available that Lickitung, Vanillite, and Swirlix can learn at the Department Store along with Felicia acting as a move relearner sometimes before boss battles. Hopefully all of this will make the battles reasonable in terms of matchups ^^

Music: You might notice that the music that plays for Umira in Delicia's Delicious Dreamland is different than it is in Spork. There are actually a few tracks that I thought of replacing because I found something that I liked better that would fit those areas as I've been listening to more Pokemon and other game remixers. In Umira's case, I really like both the original track I used and the one in Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, but I preferred the energy and atmosphere of Psychic Star, which also has the perfect name for an area like Umira. At some point I'll reupload Spork with these track changes, but at the moment there are a few where I have more than one track in mind and am trying to decide between them. 

Health issues: it's gotten better the past two days, but considering I neglected dealing with it right away in order to work on Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, seeing a doctor would still probably be a good idea. 

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork with the following fixes and updates:

-changed Guzzlord's victory theme to the rest of the UBs

-fixed typo in an Olidroll Pokemon Center NPC's speech: "My team are exhausted" -> "My team is exhausted"

-fixed typo in Stryker's dialogue when he gives the Thunder TM: "It's accuracy isn't the best" -> "Its accuracy isn't the best"

-Changed Umira and Mt. Comet's music to this, as I mentioned I was going to do

-Changed Virima City's music to this (and Virima Hotel as well)

-Changed Cianosa City's music to this

-Changed Norall Mountain's music to this (Norall City's music is still GlitchxCity's Christmas Medley 2016 and will stay that way)

I didn't experience any chest pain yesterday! :D I'm feeling a lot better now. 

• Like 3

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, lolokxd said:

How do I get Baneful Bunker in Pokémon Spork since the move relearner doesn't show it being relearnable for me...

Baneful Bunker was removed from Spork because of a game-breaking bug where when it was used, every turn in the battle would be skipped and cause an error message to pop up. 

In the game folder is a notepad file called "gen7movesandabilities" which lists which Gen 7 moves and abilities are in Spork. Ones not on the list are ones I was unable to implement or had to remove due to errors. 

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Baneful Bunker was removed from Spork because of a game-breaking bug where when it was used, every turn in the battle would be skipped and cause an error message to pop up. 

In the game folder is a notepad file called "gen7movesandabilities" which lists which Gen 7 moves and abilities which are in Spork. Ones not on the list are ones I was unable to implement or had to remove due to errors. 

Will they be implemented back in a later time or episode?

Edited by lolokxd

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, lolokxd said:

Will they be implemented back in a later time or episode?

They will be if I can figure out how to implement them, but I have zero coding knowledge so it would most likely require someone to give me instructions or for someone to share the scripts. The ones I was able to implement are mostly ones with already existing effects or ones I was able to find scripts for online.

On 5/3/2018 at 6:55 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The move relearner is in the Services District of Olidroll City. Olidroll is where the 6th and 7th gyms are. 

yKQ6ihu5Qt6OAP1I4z2oMw.png

thanks so much! 

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Delicia's Delicious Dreamland with the following fixes and updates:

-poison no longer does field damage

-fixed a typo in an NPC's speech in a house in the Party District: "whenver" -> whenever

-the vitamin floor of the Department Store now sells PP Max

-fixed typo in Natalie's dad's speech at Tullborn: "I can't think you two enough" -> I can't thank you two enough

-fixed typo during the Lightning Lounge conversation: "if there's anything else you'd like to in Olidroll" -> if there's anything else you'd like to do in Olidroll

-capitalized every use of the word Guardian, since I realized capitalization was inconsistent. Sometimes it was capitalized and sometimes it wasn't

-fixed typo in audience member's dialogue during DJ Ultra Beats' speech at the Friend Ship: "this in invite-only" -> this is invite-only

-fixed door frame tile error on a house in Party City

-fixed typo when parents have to leave for a mission: "all we information we need" -> all the information we need

-Delicia's Pokemon are now healed after the battle with Natalie

• Global Mods

-the Pokemon of the Team Portal agents you can battle after the end are now sent out in Premier Balls

-on the region map, removed the text where to the left of Virima City it said "Safari Zone". That was leftover data from the default Essentials map.

-removed the Mystery Gift Victini event from Pokemarts. This was also leftover Essentials data. 

Played through Spork from the beginning to find and fix as much as I could. Reuploaded with the following fixes and updates:

-removed the Safari Zone text from the region map and the Mystery Gift Victini, like in Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

-poison no longer does field damage

-the Department Store now sells PP Max. I also changed the price of the vitamins back to 4900. When fixing the Lumiose Galette and Shalour Sable bug where they weren't programmed in as items, I copied the items.txt from Delicia's Delicious Dreamland (where I changed the vitamin prices back to 9800 since this is before the evens of Spork where the vitamin operation leads to the prices being halved) to Spork, and didn't realize until recently that doing that changed the vitamin prices

-decided to remove the badge requirements for some Pokemart merchandise like I did for Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, so all of it is available from the beginning now

-removed the tourist NPC trainer from Aliora City that used mushroom Pokemon. I thought it was awkward having that one trainer in the city while none of the other NPCs aside from the rebattleable Audino trainer battled the player.

-the trainers you battle in the Trainer's School marble tournament now move from their seats when you battle them. You're also healed after the last battle in addition to the first two

-you now automatically turn to face up during the scene with Ashley and Kayla in the cafe if you weren't already facing up

-added more rocks to the water right of the Happy Hot Springs to prevent the player from surfing off the map

-After the second battle with Emily, she now just says "Round two goes to you" instead of "Round two goes to you too". The second one implies that the player won the first battle too, but the game goes on whether you win or lose the first battle and wouldn't make sense if the player lost. 

-fixed typo in Gina's TV interview in a house in Gellene Town: "Nosy Nosepass is paraylzed" -> Nosy Nosepass is paralyzed

-In a TV in a house in Cianosa City that explained the beginnings of the Ceolis League, changed the dialogue about the Sea Stars having "no organized competition" at first to having no Pokemon League. Saying that they had no organized competition was incorrect because there are the monthly tournaments. 

-fixed typo with the NPC in Tinder Village who starts the Cyndaquil sidequest: "I haven't seen since yesterday" -> I haven't seen it since yesterday

-fixed typo with an NPC at Premoggin Canyon during Jim's tour: "in case I lost" -> in case I get lost

-fixed typo with the flowers that block Aliora Meadow until after the Wonky Woods events: delibarately -> deliberately

-fixed typo with a trash can in a house in Virima (south of the bridge): restuarant -> restaurant

-fixed typo with an NPC at Inoset Island: exquisuite -> exquisite

-changed Buzzwole, Celesteela, and Xurkitree's victory theme to the rest of the UBs

-fixed typo with an NPC at the Sea Star Society's Pokemart: accomodate -> accommodate

-fixed typo with an NPC at the Sea Star School: particpate -> participate

-when Articuno shows up at Norall Mountain, changed this line "GRUNTS: Run!" to this "AGENTS: Run!", since I changed their trainer class from Portal Grunt to Portal Agent a long time ago.

-after Emily and Delicia's events at the Sea Star Society, there's text saying that they go back to the Meeting Section, but there wasn't this text for Crolea before after the tournament. Now there is. 

plus a lot of other minor changes, for example some NPCs that are either talking to themself or to someone else continue to face wherever they were before instead of turning to face the player, like at the Contest Hall when they're addressing the contestants. 

• Global Mods
Just now, J-Awesome_One said:

Just wondering. Does Episode 4.5 end after beating the Crazy Psychic Type Gym Leader? (I know she has a name but this is easier for me to remember)

There's one more scene just after exiting the gym, and then that's the end of 4.5, yes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

There's one more scene just after exiting the gym, and then that's the end of 4.5, yes.

I was just wondering because I was gonna record more but I didn't get like a thing saying "this is the end of the Episode" etc. But then I checked someone else's playthrough and they got it. But I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

• Global Mods

-fixed bug where if you exited the Underwater Hotel's elevator without choosing a floor, it would always take you to the fourth floor

-added a little more detail to Ryoko's file in the Data Vault-like room at the end of the game 

and reuploaded Spork as well:

-fixed the same bug with the Underwater Hotel elevator, except it was with the first floor instead of the fourth

-added a notepad file for hide and seek locations

I meant to fix the issue with the Underwater Hotel elevator in the last reupload of both games, but that one ended up slipping my mind because I forgot to write it down. (I use notes on my phone to remind myself of what needs to be fixed along with keeping track of what I've already fixed)

Unless a major bug is discovered (like a Pokemon not being able to evolve when it's supposed to, or something that causes the game to crash), this will likely be the last reupload of episode 4.5. I wanted to go through the game from the beginning to make sure everything was as polished as I could possibly make it for when Palletite is able to return, and so that hopefully when it's time for the final episode to be released, I'll have already taken care of most bugs in the lategame content so that it won't need to be reuploaded as much. 

Playing my copy of the game through the content past where the public release goes, most of what I found was typos, but there were also two places that I was able to enter before I should have been able to. I've fixed everything I found, though. 

Since this is probably the last reupload of this episode (unless someone finds a major bug like I mentioned earlier), I don't really have anything else to talk about or show here for now. Thank you for your patience in waiting for the next release, and I hope you're looking forward to it! ^_^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1