Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

At first:

What brilliant game your team created, I appreciate the hard work behind it even with some graphical issues (just talking about things like NPCs standing on desks and not behind like usual) or some spots I can walk on even if I shouldn't.

But whatever.. enough trashtalk ^^

I would like to know if an nature changer is finally included cause I don't rly wanna use external programs to change stuff up

Edited by John Goku
  • Like 2

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, John Goku said:

At first:

What brilliant game your team created, I appreciate the hard work behind it even with some graphical issues (just talking about things like NPCs standing on desks and not behind like usual) or some spots I can walk on even if I shouldn't.

But whatever.. enough trashtalk ^^

I would like to know if an nature changer is finally included cause I don't rly wanna use external programs to change stuff up

Thanks, I'm glad you like the game! And there are issues like that, yeah. Most of the remaining tile passability errors that I'm aware of (like the bridge in Aliora City where you can walk on water, and the random empty tile in Gellene Town that you can't walk through) happen even though the tile passability is set correctly for the tiles, which confuses me. 

A nature changer is going to be in the final reupload; more details can be found in this post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks, I'm glad you like the game! And there are issues like that, yeah. Most of the remaining tile passability errors that I'm aware of (like the bridge in Aliora City where you can walk on water, and the random empty tile in Gellene Town that you can't walk through) happen even though the tile passability is set correctly for the tiles, which confuses me. 

A nature changer is going to be in the final reupload; more details can be found in this post.

Yeah same in Umira where you can swim all around the island if you start from the balloons

Game_2018-09-20_15-42-22.png

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, QueenAriados said:

Hi i just started playing this game and am really enjoying it so far, however I just tried to use teleport to get back to Cianosa and I think it broke the game. I accidentally quicksaved in this abyss - could someone put me somewhere normal inside the city please? Thanks 

Game.rxdata

I got you out of the black space. I noticed some of your Pokemon were paralyzed and at low health, so I healed them at the Pokemon Center too, and saved just outside it. 

Teleport is supposed to take you to the last Pokemon Center you healed at. I'm not sure why it took you to the black space, but maybe for the final reupload I'll remove Teleport from the game so that this doesn't happen to people.

Game.rxdata

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 7:29 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I got you out of the black space. I noticed some of your Pokemon were paralyzed and at low health, so I healed them at the Pokemon Center too, and saved just outside it. 

Teleport is supposed to take you to the last Pokemon Center you healed at. I'm not sure why it took you to the black space, but maybe for the final reupload I'll remove Teleport from the game so that this doesn't happen to people.

Game.rxdata

Amazing thank you so much! Can't wait to play more of this, loving it so far

• Like 1

Thanks for this awesome game, having alot of fun playing it \o/.

Today found a little bug, I'm curious if it will be fixed in the next reupload or something? (The Poipole sprite looking like a Lycanroc)spork_poipole_bug.png.ec44262fdf4b5ebd3138510063a87f24.png

Againnnnn thanks for all the work you have done!!!! ❤️

2 minutes ago, RMPR said:

Today found a little bug, I'm curious if it will be fixed in the next reupload or something? (The Poipole sprite looking like a Lycanroc)spork_poipole_bug.png.ec44262fdf4b5ebd3138510063a87f24.png

This is already known. The new sprites will probably be released for the next reupload.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, RMPR said:

1 minute ago, SilverHelio said:

This is already known. The new sprites will probably be released for the next reupload.

SilverHelio is correct. This is mentioned in the bug reporting thread

image.thumb.png.a6c891bff52fff7959dbf9ce184146fc.png

and thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

SilverHelio is correct. This is mentioned in the bug reporting thread

image.thumb.png.a6c891bff52fff7959dbf9ce184146fc.png

and thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Opsss. I should have looked a little harder before posting. My bad! But thanks alot!!!! Can't wait for it. No rush tho. Take your time and most importantly, try to have fun while putting Pokemon Spork better and better \o/.

I remembered 1 more thing, that i dont see in the bug thread. Burmy dont get sandy cloak on caves and should I think? Had to get to the beach to evolve it. 😛

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, RMPR said:

Opsss. I should have looked a little harder before posting. My bad! But thanks alot!!!! Can't wait for it. No rush tho. Take your time and most importantly, try to have fun while putting Pokemon Spork better and better \o/.

I remembered 1 more thing, that i dont see in the bug thread. Burmy dont get sandy cloak on caves and should I think? Had to get to the beach to evolve it. 😛

I just checked Bulbapedia and you're right, Burmy is supposed to be able to evolve with sandy cloak inside a cave. 

Which cave(s) did you try to evolve it in? When making a cave map, you have to specify that it's a cave environment in the map metadata, and you also have to do so when making the entrance and exit events (which is also what determines whether you can use an Escape Rope in an area). It's possible I forgot to do one or both of those for the cave(s) you were in.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I just checked Bulbapedia and you're right, Burmy is supposed to be able to evolve with sandy cloak inside a cave. 

Which cave(s) did you try to evolve it in? When making a cave map, you have to specify that it's a cave environment in the map metadata, and you also have to do so when making the entrance and exit events (which is also what determines whether you can use an Escape Rope in an area). It's possible I forgot to do one or both of those for the cave(s) you were in.

I just tried in the first 2 before the beach, in Bunnelby Burrows and Cave of Resolve. Not sure if any other not working, but for now I'm only in Olidroll so don't think have acess to any other cave.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, RMPR said:

I just tried in the first 2 before the beach, in Bunnelby Burrows and Cave of Resolve. Not sure if any other not working, but for now I'm only in Olidroll so don't think have acess to any other cave.

Bunnelby Burrows is a mystery dungeon map rather than a cave map, but Cave of Resolve is a cave map and appears to be set up correctly, so that's strange.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Bunnelby Burrows is a mystery dungeon map rather than a cave map, but Cave of Resolve is a cave map and appears to be set up correctly, so that's strange.

In those places she changed to Trash Cloak form, which is normally for buildings, I don't know. Even if is dungeon is closer to a cave than a building in my opinion. Well either way it isn't a game breaking bug, in the beach Burmy change to Sandy Cloak without problems. Thanks for looking up the problem! Very nice to see how active you are!

• Global Mods
39 minutes ago, RMPR said:

In those places she changed to Trash Cloak form, which is normally for buildings, I don't know. Even if is dungeon is closer to a cave than a building in my opinion. Well either way it isn't a game breaking bug, in the beach Burmy change to Sandy Cloak without problems. Thanks for looking up the problem! Very nice to see how active you are!

I try to respond to posts as soon as I can! 

Mystery Dungeon maps work a little differently; what defines them is the tileset (mystery dungeon tilesets are limited to 3 kinds of tiles) and an option in the debug editor to set them as a mystery dungeon. I'm not sure if it's possible to define them as a cave or another terrain on top of that, as I haven't tried before.

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Dryco101 said:

I was wondering, when are contests going to be implemented? 

I've given up on implementing them. There's a contest mod for Essentials but it was made for v14, and I use v16.2. Even in v15 there were posts in the thread on the site where the mod is saying that a few things weren't working and people needed to explain all the code changes and where to put the stuff with the newer Essentials version.

I didn't do my research before deciding that contests were going to be in Spork. I didn't actually read the thread, I just assumed it'd work and didn't really consider the possibility it'd be out of date. Back then I'd just downloaded Essentials and didn't know that scripts changed between versions, instead I figured that new versions just added new features and that everything else that already existed before would be the same.

I should probably remove contests from the features list in the first post. ^^'

• Like 1