Please tell me your favorite thing about yourself

Amethyst

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I care, but I do not care. Yeah... elaborating on that.

I have can view any situation objectively (more "I do" rather than "I can") which generally is for the better... except when there is no objective logic. (crime, etc makes no sense objectively) Additionally, I can view situations from most perspectives, though I can never understand failing to take into account how others perceive your actions.., which usually means I take the path of most acceptance/least resistance (unless my goal is resisted, in which case I am prepared to defend my case)

This leads to a plethora of traits, like being able to listen to just about anything and be able to provide "the correct" response, or knowing exactly what to say

My memory sucks, unless it's video game related. In that case, it is nearly unfailing. Decent tradeoff, since my normal memory still works well enough, imo. No clue how far the video game part goes, since I can occasionally predict the RNG once it has pulled its numbers, but before it displays the results. (Not blind guessing. The results literally randomly are at the forefront of my mind, and then I see them occur) Weirder part is this happens irl more often than I am comfortable with. It'd be great for gambling, but it requires a perfect lack of malleability (eg rolling dice, once the dice hit the surface)

If I don't show it outright, I have a fair amount of awareness of my grammar/spelling and the like, and try to maintain near-proper usage of it. Comes in handy proofreading.

Because the rest of the USA is dumb and can't spell simple words like "metre" or "colour" correctly. Or speak, I guess, since I said "dumb." My bad?

I also don't need sleep that much, considering I get around 2-4 hours daily.

So, uh, I've been sitting here for a while, and I can't think of anything. Now, hear me out before you freak, I'm not breaking rule 1

It's not that I don't have anything I like about myself, it's just that nothing really stands out as my favorite thing. I like a lot of things about myself. I mean, I hate a lot of things too, but I'm over the whole emo phase thing where I don't think there's anything worthwhile about me

I love how kind I can be, how smart I can be, how silly I can be. I love that I'm stubborn, prideful, and that I hate both of those traits getting out of hand. I love my passion for the things I enjoy and I love my tolerance for the pain I endure

I suppose that, in a sense, my favorite thing about me is my humanity. The fact that I am me

I like to think that I'm a forgiving person, it may be some time but I tend not to hold grudges. I always try to ensure that everyone's voice is heard, everyone's outlook should be considered. I have great taste in music (subjective opinion is subjective ;) )

Hope this doesn't come out as rude. I like my ability to remain detached from stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless. I don't show emotion and I think it allows me take everything objectively. This really helps me in life and not something everyone can do easily.

In addition, I'm proud of my ability to hold steadfast to my beliefs. I see a lot of people who tend to change themselves and their opinions to fit better but I feel disgusted by that notion. I will be me. I am the only me. I have my bad sides and I also have my good sides. I'm not changing myself to fit someone else's views. I want people to like me for being myself.

Everything...not allowed? Let's elaborate then (keep in mind that i'm egocentric):

I'm proud of the fact that i'm more intelligent than most people i know irl, that i know several languages and that i've seen and experienced things (with books Internet and travel) that most of them never will (or even want to). I managed to ignore overcome and suppress the many (so many) tries of my family and friends to "convert" me to their way of thinking, choosing my own. Also i'm very stubborn (yes i consider it a good trait).

Uhh I'm usually modest and shy enough to not brag about myself and hardly ever praise myself (apart from the usual joking around with friends of course), let alone tell others what I'm good at, but I'll give it a go.

I like to think that I have an above average intelligence and problem solving skills, which I greatly owe to the environment i was brought up in. I also think that my general social character is a good one, I'm not too rude and I'm quite polite. I think about others (most of the time) before I say something/ do something. This doesn't have to be for majorly insulting things or anything, but even the small stuff, for example when I'm standing out in the public full of strangers, I know well enough to try not to offend anyone or put someone in a discomforting situation (which you'd think should be common knowledge but is, sadly, not). To my character and behaviour, I owe entirely to my parents and sister.

I also like to think I'm 'quick in the mind'. Answers or solutions come quick to me and I'm able to act quickly and make quick decisions. And I'm level headed enough to also make good quick decisions if you know what I mean.

Also, I work well under pressure which is a hell of a good thing judging by how much I procastinate lol.

Well, that's all there is to me!

I'll jump on the smartie bandwagon. For the longest time, my intellect was the only thing I really valued in myself - and, sometimes, I found reason to hate it, too. But school was all but effortless for me, despite going for some degrees many people would find quite daunting. Matters of pure reason (rare though they are) are often trivial for me, and I am very philosophically inclined. And...

...I'll stop there with that, 'cause otherwise, I might start going into the negatives.

Speaking of negatives, let me spin one into a "positive". Dark humor comes easily to me. So easily that I wanted to answer this thread with "I'm mortal."

Damn... I generally hate talking about this kind of stuff because I feel like I'm going to come off the wrong way. It'll probably sound like I have a superiority complex and am super arrogant, but whatever. Here we go.

My favorite thing about myself is my ability as a jack of all trades. Not a jack of all trades in the traditional sense, but better in this case. I excel at pretty much everything I do, and I do even better at the things I'm actually invested in. I'm never really the best, but I'm well above average at most things I do, and I honestly think that if I put my mind to it, I can be better than anyone at anything. Perhaps I've missed the opportunity for some of those things, particularly those like sports, where I would have needed to start at a younger age, but I do believe that I could have been good at any of them, had I wanted to do them (I did play soccer though and ended up as Varsity team captain. Never played after high school, mostly because I lost interest). I honestly have a hard time thinking of anything that I'm bad at. It sounds super arrogant and I hate that, but it's true. I guess people skills might be one of my lowest things, but I have plenty of friends and acquaintances and those skills are also rapidly growing. While there are some things I'm worse at than others, I wouldn't consider myself in the "bad" spectrum at any of them. Of course, if I just start something I'll be bad, but I pick things up rapidly, much faster than anyone I've ever been around. This will also probably sound arrogant, but in high school, I graduated at #1 in my class, taking the valedictorian spot without ever studying for pretty much anything. There were maybe 2-3 tests in high school that I actually put some amount of extra time in for, and it usually wasn't much. The same goes for college right now. It's not to say I'm the smartest person in the world, because as it is for the other things, I'm not the best. I'm well above average, and I feel like I have the potential to be the best. It's rare for me to put effort into most things, but I've always felt like if I do put effort in, I can do better than anyone else. It's probably why I can be so competitive, but this whole paragraph probably boils down to that. My favorite thing about myself if my ability to succeed in nearly all things and always believe I can perform better than others if I really try. Maybe it's not true, maybe it's an illusion or an excuse I've created for myself. But I believe it's true and that's enough for me. Hopefully I don't sound like an arrogant prick. I always try to consider how anything I say will make others feel, which might be a strength and might be a flaw, but it's why I hate writing things like this so much.

Though it's not part of the thread, I think my greatest flaw is directly related to my greatest strength. I consider my greatest flaw my ability to lose interest in things, despite doing well at them. Soccer is a great example, as mentioned above. I was pretty good. Not the best, as per usual, but pretty good. However, I just stopped liking it at some point, which is why I stopped playing. I've done this with a lot of things, and it bothers me. More relevant to some users on this site is RPing. I used to only ever be active in the RP section and I was active in a bunch of RPs, some of them my own. Now I almost never enter the section. I've given up on hosting and I'm only involved in one RP, which has been at a standstill for a while, so I'm not even really active there. Most recently is piano playing. I got pretty good pretty fast. I used to play for at least an hour almost every day, usually more. Now, I almost never feel like playing, and I've lost the muscle memory for almost every song I knew. I don't know if I'm totally done with it, but this happens a lot, which is why I put it at my greatest flaw. It also makes me appreciate the things I truly do enjoy. The things I've stuck with for a long time. Melee is a prominent case, and even Reborn could be said to be a good example. I definitely never expected to be on these forums for close to three years now.

My favourite thing about myself is my smiley and positive personality and my tendency to genuinely care about others if they are having issues and I can be moral support. I love being able to do that and make that impact especially if having a positive and smiley nature leads to others feeling better. :)

I really like how I don't have to study much (only a couple hours for an exam) as long as I go to classes/lectures and pay attention because I retain information well through auditory and visual ways. People are usually jealous about the fact I'm able to do this.

This thread was a great idea Amethyst. You are super creative or else you wouldn't have been able to come up with the greatness of Reborn. ;)

Have a great day/night everyone.

• Support Squad

I'm pretty damn resilient, mentally, physically and emotionally.

I have my ups and downs but overall because I'm ridiculously stubborn I end up pushing past the aftermath of a bad time to carry on doing what I'd always do. This means that in the end I keep circling the positive side of the outlook spectrum. I just haven't found anything that's kept me away for long.

something I always found at least borderline a good quality of my otherwise unhelpful and unneeded presence was my ability to help people when they really got down into the pits emotionally. It always cheered me up even if it was in the slightest to see someone saying "thank you" or "I appreciate that" when I did something... However that makes me sound selfish doesn't it? Well I suppose every rainbow ends somewhere.

• Developers

Alright, I don't wanna come across arrogant or anything but I think the whole point of this topic is talking about what you like and/or are proud of with yourself and getting to be confident WITHOUT seeming arrogant. So I'll join in.

Honestly, there's a lot of things. I'm a pretty smart guy, and a quick learner, and I am lucky enough to have the fields I'm particularly talented in (like many areas of maths) also happen to be the things I love and enjoy, so that's pretty great. I consider myself a hard and reliable worker, as well as ambitious, and those are qualities I've always admired in other people, so it'd be silly to not admire them in myself, too.

My absolute favourite thing about me though? Honestly, it's that I'm a happy guy, which I definitely can't say has always been the case. But over the years I've learnt to really appreciate things and not get angry anywhere near as often as I used to and... Well, I like where my life is, I like where my life seems to be going, and I'm just generally a happy person. And as long as I don't get complacent, I think that's the best character trait I could ever want.

Plus I can grow a goatee that would put any Disney villain to shame, which is my real favourite feature of mine.

• Developers

I think the best thing about myself is my similarity to this dog getting upset at a lemon

pIUeEZL.gif

I've always been pretty good at making people laugh from small chuckles here and there to full on Ame 'o clock. I'm also fairly loyal to those I think are worth it (even if they turn out to not be....), which while a double edged sword is always something I've wanted to be that I've also simultaneously been

oh what a great topic, ame amigo.

im bold. my hustle game is like the level harrisson ford character in the 80's i am so fucking good at talking my way out of things.

an ability that wouldn't be needed as much if i wasnt equally exceptional at babbling myself down every rabbit hole in australia and australia is notorious for having a fucking lot of rabbit holes. point is i've thrown myself, heart, soul and christmas sweaters, into a whole lot of different rabbit holes and some of them had something resembling wonderland? which might be hard to believe cas i never speak much to all you pretty things. aaah this isnt making sense

but anyway, im good at approaching people and give them offers they cant resist, and that's given me sum pretty fab friends. like, they're in the top percentage of friends. super talented, hilarious, genuine people that like, has actual fans, like theyre so marv people that other people just wanna be them and follow them around to give them candy im 100% not making this up. and every now and then i just take one of those blue ikea bags, fill it with dicks, and swing it at said friend's pulchritudinous faces and moments after im like "what the fuck did i do im sorry" and they always always go like "np come sleep on my couch and work on a project with me were makkin music videos" or whatnot, sooo... whatever characteristics i have that makes my friends love and my occasional dickishness me are the traits i value the most.

this is sounding so self-decapitating but i promise that i only talk like this cause i feel weird about letting my unwarrantedly high self-esteem make yall go snowblind with how bright it shines

There's a few things I like about myself!

I'm proud of that I'm capable of making art and music, and making people happy with the things I make. I'm a people pleaser, and I thrive on it when people tell me they like what I made or if they tell me it made them happy. I put a lot of time and effort in most of my work, and hearing people tell me that it looks/sounds good makes me really glad since it motivates me to keep going. I like that hardworking part of myself, especially considering I can be lazy at times too, so whenever I do work hard on something and the effort pays off, I'm really glad that there's a part of me that makes me push myself to keep working. I rarely ever run out of ideas or inspiration, and being able to constantly produce new ideas is something I'm pretty proud of.

this is so well-put and motivating somehow

There's a few things I can appreciate about myself - but nothing stands out as an absolute favorite. In no particular order then.

I am either considerably brave or considerably foolish.

I don't typically associate "brave" as the opposite of "cowardly" even though I probably should. There are things that are certifiably terrifying but my way of dealing with them typically isn't with avoidance. This means that I am able to overcome scenarios that are not only just scary, but also undesirable or that have an adverse affect on myself personally. I think taking on trials head on qualifies as bravery, and there are quite a few trials I can learn to be proud of as of late. ... In other words, I'm probably a huge chicken who has a knack for running INTO trouble as opposed to AWAY from it.

I am capable of sacrifice.

One of the things modern humanity seems to struggle with is compromise - and while I am one who is quite steadfast in personal opinion and a strong defender of self and others, I am able to set myself aside in order to work towards completion of a task. It's not easy all the time, admittedly - but when it works out, I generally feel better about it afterwards.

I am able to separate myself from a situation to view it from the perspective of someone else.

Another thing people struggle with today is understanding the issues others face. I have both a gift and a work history that supports working on behalf of other people, and it's allowed me to see the benefits and problems of a particular situation another person with a different stance or opinion or whatever would have as opposed to always referring to my own vantage point.

I am consistent.

Right or wrong, I pride myself on being ever steady. If I fall in love with someone, that someone resultingly owns my heart (for better or worse.) If I believe in something, there's a solid chance I'm believing it until proven otherwise. If I'm committed - I am so for the long haul.

I make myself laugh. Often.

Humor is something I can sometimes strike gold on. I wouldn't call myself a comic, but I do have a degree of wit, snark, and the ability to tell a few jokes. My friends sometimes refer to me as a "clown" as well - and a good laugh is never a bad thing.

I often overthink things, and that sometimes causes deeper experiences with hobbies and conversations with other people.

A double-edged sword of traits if you will - but one of my favorite things to do is theorize over various things. This has made a game like Pokemon super entertaining because it allows me to write my own story, as well as see if I came close to some of the deeper details of the games themselves.

I believe "loyalty" wold be the word to describe it. Let me explan (since I'm not a natural English speaker and perhaps there's a better word): there are a few people I really value, but I would do anything for them. I would help and defend them whatever the situation is, even if it harms me. I would always be there if they need me and never say something bad about them on their backs (unless I have told them directly before). It's... some kind of overly-attachment to people I love... which I think is not entirely bad...

The worst thing... I expect my friends to be like that too. And apparently, nobody is like that -.-