Version 8 Status Thread

Jan

So you didnt notice the volcanion during that part of the story, or you didnt play that far yet?

i have finished v7. i am known among my friends for my lack of observation, so i might have missed it. or forgotten it. damn.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, take as much time to make the game as possible.

I am not surprised to see impatient individuals upset though, especially those younger and more impressionable within the current games market.

From my perspective, perhaps there is a better way to address this testing period as something other than calling it a "beta" especially after "Alpha?"
Its a bit of a tease for these individuals, especially since you aren't allowing them to have any chance of testing it themselves.

Perhaps something like "Polishing" to come after the developing stage would be more benign?
Idk, people will always be aggressively impatient I suppose, which is really really unfair for some one doing this for passion and no profits whatsoever.

Just something to consider. It may solve some of these types of issues before they develop!

Or actually create an application for people to sign up for. Even if you take 0 of them ever, these individuals will at least feel somewhat involved by the process.

the tests are only to find the faults that will kill the game calm yourselves im pretty excited for the release guide time 4 me :3

i have to agree, i would rather wait for a game that i can play

than one full of bugs that would kill the game

i have to agree, i would rather wait for a game that i can play

than one full of bugs that would kill the game

A game that is delayed is usually better than a game that is not and that is released with lots of faults.

i have finished v7. i am known among my friends for my lack of observation, so i might have missed it. or forgotten it. damn.

IIRC, Aelita remarks that she never knew Carotos was a volcano, and the hints during the Carotos storyline implies that that mountain was a regular mountain until Xen ultimately turned it into their volcano-slash-base with Volcanion's power.

Looking forward to this Jan! :D I am new here sorry if I don't know what I am doing lol

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see you're excited for version 8 :D

Damn Janiel, back at it again with the status thread~.

This is going to be an interesting version because this update isn't a very long one (In fact it's one of the shorter ones.). Thus, I think it's a perfect time to do the last of the remodeled maps and be done with it. We can all move on and enjoy new content for the rest of the game's duration. Hooray!!!

That being said, whether or not this takes as long as Version 7 will be up to how ambitious I become with these final map remodels, and you'll be happy to know that due to the positive feedback from Version 7, I went on a mapping rampage and already mapped almost every single area needed to be remodeled (With the exception of one area, but there were many many many maps). So thank you all for giving me the motivation to keep on making content for you all!

Jan was filled with determination!

Prior updates (100%)

#################### | Field Updates (100%)

#################### | Event Updates (100%)

#################### | Graphic Updates (100%)

#################### | Map Remodeling (100%)

#################### | Misc Updates (100%)

#################### | Scripting Updates (100%)

New content (100%)

#################### | Mapping (100%)

#################### | New Field Effects (100%)

#################### | Eventing (100%)

#################### | Sidequests (100%)

#################### | Story (100%)

Total Completion:

#################### | (100%) (Last point to 100 will be distributed when Alpha testing is complete.)

Alpha Test

#################### | (100%)

Beta Test

#################### | (50%)

First off, only 9 of the 20 # are yellow when it should be 10 of them

Secondly

post-47633-0-53902400-1467939211_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Anti-Fern

jan, if you are going to add gen 7 mons when they come out, can you please give venam a salandit so her melting steel with poison in front of goldenleaf could make sense

it would actually make more sense if Game Freak itself made Acid and Corrosive moves super effective to steel.

when is the beta finish (sry my english is not the best because im fron german)

Well should be finished by next weekend but putting a date can lead to disappointment so a more accurately answer should be before the month end.

Best part is that I still haven't leveled my Pokemon.

Much less EV trained. Help.

EDIT: Anyone remember the level cap at the end of V7?

Edited by Klemeltios