Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

• Veterans

No it's not? Dugtrio with wig is an actual official reveal. Assuming you soft reset enough times to get the NPC to appear, you can see it without any datamining. If I had spoiled myself by looking at the datamine, I would have already known for a fact wether or not it's Alolan Dugtrio.

My bad. Haven't seen the fucker yet...

The best part of the demo was the music and graphics to me. Everything is really nice looking and has a great fell! Team Skull were funny to and I liked the events in it, even if short.

And don't forget, the first timed event is today! You get free stuff from the guy outside the Pokemon Center.

The camera angle while in the city really sucked in the demo. You have to be standing right up against something in order to see what it is you're running by. And you can't use the dpad or c-nub to change the camera angle, so all you really get is a wide, top down shot of the street and not much else.

The music wasn't bad but there wasn't anything in it that really struck me as amazing.

The demo was also really short, and it's annoying that you couldn't really catch any pokemon except during the catching contest, which got old fast because you can't buy items at all and you have to turn the pokemon in anyways. That catching contest was pretty much a major waste of time.

Aside from the datamining, there was very little that came out of the demo. Like that Ash greninja is a greninja with battlebond as an ability. It would be nice if all the starters could be retrofitted with battlebond forms, but w/e. There's so much about this new gen coming out that just makes me hate game freak more and more.

Have you people already created your likely team in your mind? Or atleast chosen some team members?

I'm absolutely going to use Pyukumuku, Morelull and Type: Null. Still contemplating on my starter, Salandit, Jangmo-o and Bounsweet/Fomantis. Argh, I've already found my favourite Grass, Fire and Water Pokés, so it's kind of hard to choose a starter. Perhaps I'll just play through as a Grass semitype trainer and pick Rowlet. Three Grass types + three others. It's either six Pokés with different types or a semitype for me, maybe it's a form of perfectionism I've got when designing an ingame character...

Pyukumuku and Morelull are easily my favourite designs from the new gen. Can't wait to play this, just bought a 3DS (and Pokémon X) in a whim. I've not bought a Pokémon game in almost ten years, so it's like a whole new feeling for me again.

Edited by Chilibunny

So a magazine revealed... this... thing.

alolanpersian.jpg

I was already not a fan of Alolan Meowth (it's just Meowth with a different color and facial expression), but this is even worse. It's like they were originally gonna make Alolan Persian the same way but then were like "EH NOT STUPID ENOUGH" and photoshopped Meowth's head onto it. Wtf.

Remember back when Alolan forms were a cool thing that people wanted to see more of? Now we have "Dugtrio with wig" and... THIS.

• Veterans

So a magazine revealed... this... thing.

alolanpersian.jpg

I was already not a fan of Alolan Meowth (it's just Meowth with a different color and facial expression), but this is even worse. It's like they were originally gonna make Alolan Persian the same way but then were like "EH NOT STUPID ENOUGH" and photoshopped Meowth's head onto it. Wtf.

Remember back when Alolan forms were a cool thing that people wanted to see more of? Now we have "Dugtrio with wig" and... THIS.

Alolan Dugtrio actually has a really neat design origin.

See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele%27s_hair ?

Well that's basically what is on it's head. The dirt around it's body is darker and resembles the terrain we saw around the volcano in Alola. It actually makes sense. It also looks goofy. Best of both worlds and Better than Dugtrio in every way.

Alolan Persian has a similar explanation but it's design is just stupid. Can't justify it at all.

Pele demands a sacrifice for stealing her wigs.

Someone at game freak needed to take a step and realize that what sounds like a neat reference on paper turned out incredibly stupid in execution. A-dugtrio is just bad.

I was hoping for a good blue persian analog in A-Puersian, but they just gave it a fat head. That looks nothing like this:

Blue-persian-cat-1-.jpg

They took an idea with potential and made garbage out of it.

• Veterans

Pele demands a sacrifice for stealing her wigs.

Someone at game freak needed to take a step and realize that what sounds like a neat reference on paper turned out incredibly stupid in execution. A-dugtrio is just bad.

I was hoping for a good blue persian analog in A-Puersian, but they just gave it a fat head. That looks nothing like this:

Blue-persian-cat-1-.jpg

They took an idea with potential and made garbage out of it.

Do you want that sacrifice in Pikachu or Eevee format?

A-Dugtrio is an interesting design but not the best one possible. Then again, it's 3 whack-a-moles....

A-Persian's just bad. Like, I can't even....

Do you want that sacrifice in Pikachu or Eevee format?

A-Dugtrio is an interesting design but not the best one possible. Then again, it's 3 whack-a-moles....

A-Persian's just bad. Like, I can't even....

Pele and I demand that all pikachus must be scourged and cleansed from the land so that game freak may likewise be rid of designers clearly out to sabotage pokemon.

• Global Mods

Posting these here since I'm not sure if the spoiler lock for statuses and threads also applies to things that've been revealed for months (the post says all, so I wanted to be safe).

Melemele Island is a stage in Smash: Meleemelee Island

Melemele Island is on the Internet: Memememe Island

So, do the Pokemon you catch in the demo just not evolve? Because I managed to get a Pikipek to level up and I'm rather suspicious that the Route 1 bird is still in its first stage despite being level freaking 35.

How'd you do that? You don't get EXP in the catching contest and there's no pokeballs outside of that as far as I know.

How'd you do that? You don't get EXP in the catching contest and there's no pokeballs outside of that as far as I know.

You actually can gain experience if you use the Pokémon caught during the challenge. You are just unable to level up Greninja

During the capture challenge, I somehow ended up running into and catching five Pikachu in a row even though I hadn't had any appear before today. Anyways, I found out that unlike mega stones, you can set the same z crystal to multiple Pokémon at once. In this case, I managed to give all five of my pikachu the Electrium Z. Not that doing this ultimately matters since you can only use one per battle anyways.

Another thing to note is that Z-moves do not have any priority and will not activate a move's secondary effect. I used Gigavolt Havoc but an opposing Pikachu outsped me. I used it paired with Nuzzle against a rockruff, and paralysis did not activate

Edited by Lucky1998
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods

This settles it. Mimikyu will be my 6th slot which was undecided before.

also demo-related stuff, not sure if we're supposed to put in spoilers?

It seems like there are more events than just the ones mentioned to happen in a certain number of days. Yesterday I found Lillie.