Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

BTW I'm watching Nappy's video about Tapu Koko news and I just realized I never mentioned my theory.

So here it is:

Tapu Koko is a guardian deity of the beginning island and since there are 4 natural islands, I'm thinking this will be the first appearance of a quadra set of legendaries instead of a trio if each island has a deity/guardian present.

That would be so amazing and at least something new happening since we never have had a quadra set before. :) I'm excited for Tapu Koko and what lore and other pokemon are related to it (hopefully more legends)

Let me know if you think my theory is a possibility in your opinion. I appreciate any comments about it. :D

• Global Mods

That would be so amazing and at least something new happening since we never have had a quadra set before. :) I'm excited for Tapu Koko and what lore and other pokemon are related to it (hopefully more legends)

There's Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigigigigigas. And also Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo.

• Upvote 1

There's Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigigigigigas. And also Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo.

i'll give you the justice quadra but not the regis since they were not revealed same gen.

Also regigigas is more of a master of them because you need the three of them to get him. I'm thinking quadra like 4 separate but connected individuals like the unova quadra. :)

Everyone theorizes that the new trio of this region would probably have terrain-inducing abilities at the time being.

I am so excited to know how they would look like.

(probably nearly identical to Tapu Koko but Green and Pink respectively)

Here's to hoping I don't get ninjae'd for this, but I happen to have a theory of my own.

So here's the situation... People have been going around, saying that Drampa might actually be the long-deserved evolution of Dunsparce. I've been analyzing the two Pokemon, and it seems that more and more, I find the chance of an evolution chain for Dunsparce being very likely for Sun and Moon.

First of all, take a look at their appearances.

250px-206Dunsparce.png250px-Jijiron.png

They both have the same color scheme. They're both yellow, white, and green. They are also both serpentine and supposed to be based on dragons (Drampa is literally one, even). Their eyes both don't have pupils either (Well, Dunsparce's only have horizontal slits). However, what makes them similar even more is their wing structure. Look at the tiny wings that Dunsparce has, and then look at the big, majestic wings on Drampa. They almost look like the same, similar structure.

Second, their names. Dunsparce and Drampa have almost the same similar name system as other Pokemon. Kinda like Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, or Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, etc. They both start with the letter D, and also have a "pa" part in their names. But let's take a look at their name origins.

Dunsparce is based on the mythical Tsuchinoko, a serpentine cryptid of Japan. Similar to Bigfoot or the Chupacabra, sightings and reports appear in Japanese media; however, hard evidence is always lacking. Tsuchinoko are 30 cm to 80 cm long, with a large head and poisonous fangs. Its body is thicker than its head and tail. The noises it makes resemble squeaks, chirps and snores. Unlike real snakes, which slither from side to side, a Tsuchinoko wiggles ahead in a straight line. The Tsuchinoko curls its body to leap through the air. Moreover, the fact that Dunsparce, a snake-like creature, has wings also brings to mind the motif of the Feathered Serpent, a prominent deity or supernatural being in many Mesoamerican religions. In addition, Dunsparce shares some traits with bumblebees, including their stripes, tiny wings, stinger-like tail, and the fact that they burrow into the ground. This may be a visual pun inspired by the name "bachi hebi" (literally "bee snake"), which the Tsuchinoko is also known by.

However, while we do not know very much about Drampa, it is said that it may be based on the Chinese Dragon. Two very different dragons, yes, but when we get more details, this part will be much easier to analyze the two.

Third, their typings. People have noted that Dunsparce would likely become a Normal/Dragon type. Now that there IS a Normal/Dragon type that looks similar to it, that possibility has expanded exponentially.

Finally, let's take a look at the ANIME. For quite some time now, an evasive Dunsparce always escapes Ash's reach. What if, this is only one Dunsparce, and not two different ones? What if in the Alola region, Ash finds it again, and this time, actually catches it? Or better yet, what if it evolves into Drampa and actually fights Ash, rather than running away? These are all just possible scenarios, but IF Drampa is Dunsparce's evolution, then that would give a good reason for Ash to continue onward to the Alola region (Even though he really doesn't need to). And if Ash DID catch this Dunsparce, he would actually probably evolve it into Drampa. With Ash slightly becoming more of a badass each and every day, I would think Dunsparce/Drampa would make an excellent addition to Ash's team for the Sun and Moon series.

However, if Drampa is Dunsparce's evolution, then Drampa wouldn't really be a candidate for Psuedo Legendary, but it would make a nice Noivern-like equivalent for 7th gen. Hell, we may actually get the Luvdisc-Alomola treatment again, but with Eevee evolving into Sylveon in 6th gen? We have been overdue several past gen evolutions (I'm looking at you, Jynx and Luvdisc!).

SPEAKING of Luvdisc... What if Gamefreak actually decides to answer our prayers by making a pathway evolution, much like Snorunt and Kirlia? (Then again, since both Alomola and Bruxish look feminine, I wouldn't count on that. If they did, I'd be surprised.)

250px-370Luvdisc.png250px-594Alomomola.png250px-Hagigishiri.png

Looking closely, you can see the heart-shape fin at the end of Bruxish. Anyways, just take a look at those five (We're still talking about Dunsparce and Drampa, don't worry), and tell me what you think. Who knows, maybe Gamefreak might be nice and actually connect Luvdisc and Alomola at least, but who's to say for sure?

Everyone theorizes that the new trio of this region would probably have terrain-inducing abilities at the time being.

I am so excited to know how they would look like.

(probably nearly identical to Tapu Koko but Green and Pink respectively)

So far we have only electric, misty, and grassy terrains right? I kinda hope we get more terrains. Like an icy one. Either that or gamefreak fixes the atrocity that is the hail weather affect. (Literally all it does is give blizzard 100% accuracy. There isn't even an ice move damage buff...)

Dunspace could totally be the pre-evo to Drampa. It's about time that they added new evos and pre-evos in. That was supposed to be LAST generation. Hey, maybe we'll get a dragon eevee, finally.

Hail gives an increase to freeze percentage too I think. Or maybe it doesn't.

Also I disagree about the dunsparce/drampa connection. The similarities are superficial at most and it they're not even as apparent as the supporters of that theory are making them to be. Not to mention drampa loses all of dunsparce's major design themes save for the wings, which aren't even all that similar.

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't be the first time an evolution is completely different from the previous forms. Looking at Dragonite, you wouldn't think it's Dratini's evolution. Only the "Dra" for dragon in their name is similar. Now I wait for the French name of Drampa. If there's a similarity with Insolourdo (Dunsparce's French name) it could confirm this theory

If you go to the en-us site of pokemon S&M, the 7 new mons leaked yesterday are officially there now, so you can read their descriptions (some are very cool, imo), the abilities they have, and their species name and such. Also, nekkoala and iwanko are there now as well, with their official western names. All the new abilities' effects and official western names have also been uploaded.

All I'll say is, if charjabug ends up as a decent eviolite user, with THAT ability, it might be interesting in doubles. Like, REALLY interesting. So much in fact that Vikavolt's description directly hints at this possibility in battle.

PS: Also, by now, we know 18 pokémon of gen 7. Out of these, 9 have what currently are signature abilities, which I'd say surpases what is normal in terms of giving signature abilities from previous gens. I mean gen 6 had flabebe, aegislash, aromatisse, slurpuff, but they're really going overboard in gen 7. Basically half of everything known thus far has a new ability, which is crazy. I like them all tho, they are pretty creative abilities and some of them have been long-awaited by fans, but I wonder how many signature abilities and moves we'll end up with when this gen is fully released.

EDIT: further thoughts and other info I just read in the spoiler. The masquerain person, that iirc was disappointed if you could not play as zygarde dog alone without being a form change into perfect zygarde, you'd maybe like to read this.

Ok so, first of all, Zygarde's whole gimmick is that the 10% form (dog) and 50% form (classic zyg) have access to two different abilities now: the regular one, aura break, and a second one, called power construct (which, yes, is the "swarm change" ability that we've seen in trailers of gameplay previously).

So, when a 10% or 50% zygarde has the power construct ability and its HP drops below half, it automatically tuns into perfect form, which basically implies that if you are damaged to get just about 50% of your HP down, you're GETTING STRONGER AND RECOVERING UP TO 75% OF YOUR HEALTH. That's insane, but cool. Broken maybe? who knows. It IS 4 times weak to ice, but...dunno, will have to wait and see.

The whole point is, as far as the info is presented in the S&M page, a zygarde with aura break WON'T turn into perfect form against its will, so unless I'm wrong, this means you can actually play as just the dog if you want, as long as you have the ability aura break and not power construct.

Oh, and naturally deducted from this, perfect form zygarde is only available with the power construct ability, which is an interesting limitation, I must say. But this is not the most important thing about perfect zygarde. That would be its signature move, core enforcer. You know what this shit does, according to S&M site? it deals damage AND erases the target's ability. So just in case you survive a dragon type STAB attack, you're getting a gastro acid as well, no biggie. THAT'S INSANE. Fortunately, according to the way the sentence is written, this move can only erase the target's ability if perfect zygarde is slower. And if the target survives the hit, that is.

So, to wrap it up, I'm happy you can play as any zygarde form on its own without forcefully getting perfect form when hit by an attack, and each form has their own signature moves and different stats, yet to be revealed. I like this. Dunno to which degree, or if I'll come to hate it in competitive or not, but I like it for now.

Spoiler for Komala (Nekkoala):

Ok so, Komala's description says its ability comatose (what a sorry name tho, it makes me uneasy for some reason) keeps it at a perpetual drowsing state. If I'm not mistaken, drowsing is what you get the turn a foe hits you with yawn, so does that mean Komala is not always asleep but just perpetually with the drowsy banner on it? meaning it cannot get confused? infatuated? this is a goddamn good ability.

Spoiler for Charjabug:

Despite the final form, Vikavolt, has levitate (which is cool. No hazards!), charjabug is interesting on its own right. It has the ability battery, and this insane motherfucker of an ability does something I still find incredibly OP. It raises the damage of special attacks of allies in battle. I'm not the most versed competitively but this is INSANE. Say you got a max speed magic guard alakazam with life orb, and an eviolite charjabug whose battery ability gives alakazam's special attack a 50% boost to special moves or so. I really do hope you brought your sucker punch bisharp or your talonflame, because otherwise you're just not surviving this alakazam. Not only that, but with the new pokemon bruxish and its ability, if it affects all pokemon on the field, triple battles with this strategy might become almost unstoppable.

And finally, for Drampa:

The frenzy ability is known as berserk in the west. It raises special attack by 1 stage when below 50% HP. You don't even need to be damaged to a red range HP, just switch into rocks against a mon that can't touch you (a support ghost type, for example), and depending on how massive drampa's base SpA is, and how fast it can become via dragon dance or the likes, it can be a potential sweeper, with a unique type combo to boot.

Not the best looking mon imo, but really interesting lore.

So. I think they all look really good except for the fish. (yeah popular opinion bite me) I honestly don't think that Drampa is gonna be Dunsparce evo. I can kinda see the resemblance, but I don't think it's enough. It would be cool, and I'm all for it, but I don't think it'll turn out that way. Feel free to point me out if it does, though.

I like how on the German site the Pokemon are not selectable but you have to klick on Magearna (or on of the first 3 others) and then klick through thie "slideshow"...

sooo...

German names and stuff... ugh...

Zygardes Power Construct is called: "Scharwandel"

(Schar = a word for Swarm, wandel = change -> Swarm Change - hey look a direct translation from jap.)

Bruxish is called: "Knirfisch"

'Knir' from 'knirschen' = to crunch [the move 'Crunch' is 'Knirscher' respektiveley^^] and Fisch ... is fish... so it is called "Crunfish" [Cruncher-fish]

it's "Dazzle" ability is called "Buntkörper"

Bunt = multicolored; Körper = Body -----> Dazzle = multicolored Body??? wut? ugh translators, why you do this?

Cutiefly is called "Wommel" (it sounds sooooo cute^^)

it is mostlikely derived from Wolle = Wool; and "Hummel" = Bumble bee

so it is a Wooly BumbleBee :D

Drampa is called "Sen-Long"

WOOOOOO!!! This is actually cool!!

Sen from Senior and Long from the japanese Dragon ... and is is almost SHEN-Long :P

his Berserk ability is called "Wutausbruch" = fit of rage ... ok, it's fitting.

Togedemaru is... Togedemaru

Tapu Koko is called "Kapu-Riki"

Riki i can see from "Kikeriki" which is german "coockadoodeldoo" (or whatever... you know the morning call of a Cock... *sigh*) - since it is based on one (hell it's shield is an Egg-Shell)

it's ability is "Elektro-Erzeuger" which mean Electric Maker ... sooo no big suprise here...

aaaaaaaand... I cannot access Grubbits evolutions because the site is dumb... (Grubbit is called "Mabula" by the way)

you know the morning call of a Cock...

This is also known as Morning Sudowoodo.

That's good and all, but what people wish to know are the starter's types.

Also, would you kindly put any stat reveals or deductions inside spoilers? It's ruining the fun.

Vikavolt aka the Bug/Electric got Levitate as an ability and i'm loving the design! It already has a place on my team.

Also Pikipeck (is that his name?) the bird thingy seems like it could evolve into something cool and i think it also gets Skill Link

Knowing how fast and powerful it's gonna be, Vikavolt might not have great defensive stats in order to compensate for having fast speed and Levitate. However, Vikavolt MIGHT actually be on my team regardless, because it's still pretty cool.

But what's DEFINITELY gonna be on my team is DRAMPA. Like Yungoos is to Trump, Drampa is to Snoop Doggy Dogg. Not to mention, 420 is lit with Litten, man.

First we gonna get Lit with LITTEN, then we gonna Trump with YUNGOOS, then we gonna pimp like Snoop with DRAMPA. Hell, I already half of my team MADE.

• Developers

really hating bruxish. Its name is based off of bruxism a condition where the jaw can violently grind teeth together at night something ive had to deal with thank goodness for mouthgaurds.

So we got a new pokemon with a new typing and a new OP ability? Today was a good day...

I think its design is kinda... idk

The idea is great, it's cool to see another lizard pokémon.

The fire/poison combination is a long-awaited type matchup, finally Ken did it.

Looks like Corrosion allows you to poison all Pokémon types (?)

Anyway, I'm hoping to see its evolutions.

Edited by Jade

Oh my fucking arceus the new pokemon man. I kinda like its desing, but its GODDAMN ABILITY? have you seen that shit? spoiler for those who haven't:

So, this new lizard-like pokemon called sabandit (salamander and bandit I assume?) is a fire/poison type. All good. But its friggin ability man. Corrosion (or at least that's its spanish name) allows it to poison pokemon OF ANY TYPE. In the trailer it shows being able to put toxic on a zubat. So ferrothorn is not safe now, scizor is not safe now, frigging amoonguss is not safe now.

I gotta love how even the relatively most normal sun and moon pokemon are already tearing the meta apart with all these new crazy abilities.

EDIT: tfw you putting a spoiler is automatically made pointless by the guy above you xD

• Global Mods

I wonder if Salad's ability can poison Pokemon with Immunity? What about Comatose? I'm assuming it can't bypass abilities since Komala got hit with a fire move, but you never know. Mainly wondering because it can supposedly poison ALL Pokemon. Cool ability either way.

Oh my fucking arceus the new pokemon man. I kinda like its desing, but its GODDAMN ABILITY? have you seen that shit? spoiler for those who haven't:

So, this new lizard-like pokemon called sabandit (salamander and bandit I assume?) is a fire/poison type. All good. But its friggin ability man. Corrosion (or at least that's its spanish name) allows it to poison pokemon OF ANY TYPE. In the trailer it shows being able to put toxic on a zubat. So ferrothorn is not safe now, scizor is not safe now, frigging amoonguss is not safe now.

I gotta love how even the relatively most normal sun and moon pokemon are already tearing the meta apart with all these new crazy abilities.

Salandit, not Sabandit.