If you wish to slay a dragon...

Amethyst

• Global Mods

I wish I started playing this game a long time ago instead starting about a week ago. I feel like Ive missed out and am missing out onmany awesome things cause im still in te beginning.

I'd say it's better to start later because each version adds new elements to the game. Back in the beginning, Reborn didn't have field effects, for example. IIRC, those were added around episode 10.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! Another 'Serperior takes at least 3 Pokemon down on his own' gym.

multiscale dragonite or dragonite's say hi

in before saphira actually has more than one dragonite with multiscale on her team

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

"By the way, most people can probably assume where this Field is likely to show up, but interestingly enough, it'll actually be used in two upcoming gyms. Now, why would that be?"

I hope that all you people saying Hardy and Saphira are right because my first thought was "NONONONO PLEASE AME DON'T KILL SAPHIRA AFTER WE FIGHT HER!!!"

• 3 months later...

I don't even want to imagine what will happen if Saphiras Pokemon use Draco Meteor on this field. It'll mostly be a one hit kill. And I already thought that Ciels Altaria was overpowered...

I don't even want to imagine what will happen if Saphiras Pokemon use Draco Meteor on this field. It'll mostly be a one hit kill. And I already thought that Ciels Altaria was overpowered...

Against that Altaria my Crobat with Cross Poison was really helpful, but Draco Meteor on THAT field ... gives me nightmares already ^^

I have that strange feeling that I should train up one or two fairy types to survive this... :huh:

Or do the same as in every tough battle: rely on my almighty Ampharos! ;)

• Upvote 1

Against that Altaria my Crobat with Cross Poison was really helpful, but Draco Meteor on THAT field ... gives me nightmares already ^^

I have that strange feeling that I should train up one or two fairy types to survive this... :huh:

Or do the same as in every tough battle: rely on my almighty Ampharos! ;)

I used the time between Episode 15 and 16 to do just that and prepare a couple of strong Pokemon of every type, so I would always have the advantage and Im still worried about this upcoming fight. The problem is, that there aren't that many strong fairy-types yet. At least if you don't consider legendaries, which will only be added post-game in Reborn. I can only think of Sylveon and Gardevoir to stand a chance against Saphiras team, but except for that, there arent many candidates. Especially since her Dragonite probably won't have any type weakness at all, thanks to the item it is expected to carry. This is going to be tough. It already took me like a dozen tries to beat Ciel. In case of Saphira, I will probably have to spend a week without sleep to beat her.

I used the time between Episode 15 and 16 to do just that and prepare a couple of strong Pokemon of every type, so I would always have the advantage and Im still worried about this upcoming fight. The problem is, that there aren't that many strong fairy-types yet. At least if you don't consider legendaries, which will only be added post-game in Reborn. I can only think of Sylveon and Gardevoir to stand a chance against Saphiras team, but except for that, there arent many candidates. Especially since her Dragonite probably won't have any type weakness at all, thanks to the item it is expected to carry. This is going to be tough. It already took me like a dozen tries to beat Ciel. In case of Saphira, I will probably have to spend a week without sleep to beat her.

That is a great idea. I should do that too. These two are really good options but I would prefer Gardevoir because of Speed and Sp.Atk and possible Mega (which will likely be post-game) ^^

Oh really, a Dragonite with no expected weaknesses? That would be so typical for Ame.

Ciel was also hard for me, thanks to her I learned to love Acrobatics :D

For that fight I would say, let the resetting begin :D

• 2 months later...

I thought hardy was the rock gym? Why would he benefit from such a field? I 

anyways, I'm gonna use this, no matter the leader:

- one watertype to use surf twice (Actually thinking cloyster)

- floatzel with an ice gem and surf (should KO a few sort of dragons like duo type dragon flyings )

- prankster meowstic or klefki with reflect / light screen set-up

- Moxie garyados with 2 times dragon dance ( or bulk up blaziken), I think it should survive and able to sweep.

- Golurk

- noivern or togekiss

Edit: Also, it is used in the next 2 upcoming gyms, however! why would it be exclusive that we only fight gymleaders in those gyms?

Edited by dotahkin01

2 hours ago, dotahkin01 said:

This field nerfes Water and Ice moves, the latter being relevant because a lot of Rock types have a secondary type that makes them weak to Ice. Besides, the power of Smack Down is increased and would remain so even if one turned the field into regular Cave. So Hardy would benefit from it, although not to the same extent as Saphira.

Both Amaria and Titania would suffer from this field so if it's going to be used by 2 gym leaders, it's most definitely Saphira and Hardy.

14 minutes ago, Alistair said:

This field nerfes Water and Ice moves, the latter being relevant because a lot of Rock types have a secondary type that makes them weak to Ice. Besides, the power of Smack Down is increased and would remain so even if one turned the field into regular Cave. So Hardy would benefit from it, although not to the same extent as Saphira.

Both Amaria and Titania would suffer from this field so if it's going to be used by 2 gym leaders, it's most definitely Saphira and Hardy.

But it leaves a lot of options open regarding some STAB moves Rock is weak against and the secundairy typing (Ground, Water, Steel, flying) doesn't negate all these STAB moves / even amplifies some. Specifically grass, Steel, Ground and fighting. Steel and grass mons might have some problems with fire based attacks on that field and ground moves in regular.

I just feel like there are a lot of options to fight hardy with the given mons and making him less hard.

3 hours ago, dotahkin01 said:

Tyrantrum is a thing, a lot of rock types learn dragon claw, Tyranitar learns dragon dance, magcargo is a thing, smackdown boosted,  water weakness covered, common ice weaknes covered,...

• 8 months later...

Very late comment but just saying a few things:-

1) This field is meant for Dragonite. There's no other explanation. Multiscale means no weakness?! How in the world is thing even supposed to be defeated?!

2) Why this magma armor protection so much?

3) I know you only included mega kick as a buff because you use a Hitmonlee. Otherwise there is absolutely no logic in mega kick being buffed for no reason

Pay Day increases by x2? Well, that'll be great for my Persian. Aside from that, Noivern should be a pretty good choice, with Dragon Pulse and, should it end up being turned into a cave during the battle, Boomburst. And with m Torterra having Nature Power, THAT'S gonna be fun. Looking forward to this :) 

On 9/19/2017 at 11:41 AM, Zander said:

1) This field is meant for Dragonite. There's no other explanation. Multiscale means no weakness?! How in the world is thing even supposed to be defeated?!

3) I know you only included mega kick as a buff because you use a Hitmonlee. Otherwise there is absolutely no logic in mega kick being buffed for no reason

The Mega Kick Buff is a reference to Chie Satonaka from the popular JRPG, Persona 4 (Golden).

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, Zander said:

Others have said mega kick was a reference to something. I'm gonna add on to this with the movie name "Bruce Lee: Birth of the Dragon" catch the keyword? Dragon. Hitmonlee being Bruce Lee based...

Magma armor, dragons typically live in volcanos. Magma spews out of volcanos.

Dragonite, literally has dragon in the name. And a pokemon doesn't need to have a weakness to be defeated easily.

BythewayIlovethisgame.

• Like 1