If you wish to slay a dragon...

Amethyst

Honestly, I got scared reading this. Mega Rayquaza Dragonite is going to crush souls. As for two gym leaders... maybe Saphira dies? I've been expecting her to for a while. Nobody gets to be that badass without dying at some point.

Edited by BigShotJoe
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't weaken fairy moves (unless Multiscale is involved)

Taken out by Surf

Can't be brought back once taken out by Surf

Lol sorry Saphira, you're gonna get wrecked by my 6th gen mono team.

Also, the Marvel Scale thing means you won't do too well on my main file either.

• Multiscale additionally annulls user's Dragon type's weaknesses at all times
Sigh... looks like that Dragonite is going to be a pain to defeat

I have a feeling it wont be AS much as a pain, it sounds like only its dragon type part has weaknesses removed mean ice wont be 4x but 2x effective, assumingly anything that hits it super effective by targeting its flying type part will work

• Administrators

Doesn't weaken fairy moves (unless Multiscale is involved)

Taken out by Surf

Can't be brought back once taken out by Surf

Lol sorry Saphira, you're gonna get wrecked by my 6th gen mono team.

Also, the Marvel Scale thing means you won't do too well on my main file either.

Yeah I guess the existence of counterplay is a shame, huh.

Anyway, bring it on; I was once a dragon-slaying knight in shining armor, you know.

• Developers

I have a feeling it wont be AS much as a pain, it sounds like only its dragon type part has weaknesses removed mean ice wont be 4x but 2x effective, assumingly anything that hits it super effective by targeting its flying type part will work

Seems it, but because the field halves ice damage as well, it will functionally make that neutral. Leaving Dragonite only weak to rock, really. And while you're surfing to get rid of the field, it will probably Dragon Dance and then you're in for a whole world of hurt... :P

Does this mean if, theoretically, your Dragon Type Pokemon gets hit with Dragon Ascent, it would take x8 damage? I hope Saphira doesn't use Dragon Ascent. RIP Dragagle. :c

Dragon Ascent is actually not even Dragon-type- it's Flying-type.

...I also kind of doubt Saphira will be using Mega Raycray, but, who knows?

I can't decide if my favourite thing about this field is Multiscale making Dragonite even harder to break through, or Pay Day's 2x boost. (Yes, I do appreciate the former even though I know I won't like facing it at all. I really like Dragonite okay leave me alone)

And, though Saphira getting this field is a given I'm not sure what the second Gym that does is... my money is on Hardy atm, especially if he runs Smack Down (since Rock/Fire Smack Down and all), but I don't know...

The field itself may be intimidating, but could be useful. What worries me more is that we have no clue of the other 5 pokemon Saphira might use. Let's not forget, Ame introduced Mega Evolution in Gym Battles in the last episode, by granting to Ciel's Altaria the ability to mega evolve. My true fear is, if Dragonite is the badass we all expect, what happens if we also meet a Mega Salamence or a Mega Garchomp?

We could be rematching Randomus with his new Lugia (Multiscale), or Shade with Giritina, if you want to begin thinking of legends :P

Doubles fighting Sapphira and Heather, though... that'd be fun.

Edited by Cobalt996

• Developers

The field itself may be intimidating, but could be useful. What worries me more is that we have no clue of the other 5 pokemon Saphira might use. Let's not forget, Ame introduced Mega Evolution in Gym Battles in the last episode, by granting to Ciel's Altaria the ability to mega evolve. My true fear is, if Dragonite is the badass we all expect, what happens if we also meet a Mega Salamence or a Mega Garchomp?

I would probably bank on M.Sceptile, MegaZard X, or Amphabulous for Sapphira's Mega. Just because it seems pretty reasonable that Heather would get Mega Salamence & Solaris will probably have another battle where his 'Chomp goes Mega. And while None of those mons START Dragon type, Ciel's ace wasn't even flying after it went Mega, and then there's the Noel Clefable thing... Basically the rules SEEM flexible enough to allow it. And all three of them offer type combinations that Sapphira would otherwise not have available to her. Megazard particularly would be teriffying with the field boosting both of it's STABs AND DD.

And here I was thinking ame would be cruel by having saphira reuse charlotte's super-heated field so as to have dragons fighting on a fire field...this just blows everything out of the water in terms of power and expectation.

Still, there's quite a few nice strategies to circumvent the difficulty of this field, and I will probably like the battle anyway because going up against saphira will take a lot of strategy, probably even more than that required for charlotte, to win.

Nature power seems like the easiest path to victory for this field though, so I hope saphira has several fast dragons on her team to deal with that issue.(or alternatively, we see mega-altaria rear its head again). Might have to reconsider benching sceptile now I know of this field.

Finding a pokemon with mold breaker would also be quite useful for her dragonite as well.

Edited by sound of silence

i just had a thought...imagine this: Gym is a Castle, you fight the opponent at end on this field and after much hard work win then they tell you "Sorry but the Gym Leader is in another castle" so you have to fight this field a second time

• Upvote 2