If you wish to slay a dragon...

Amethyst

Ah, way to go, Ame! You brought us another nightmarish field. And here I was thinking Charlotte was the worst.

In all seriousness, though, I really expected something like this for Saphira to be able to curbstomp us with, but the fact that this field appears in more than one gym/location is what is vexing. I dread that we might have to fight Lin on this field, after she is presumably finished with demolishing everything else.

Also, I agree that mega Charizard X sounds fitting, as it gets enormous boosts to both STAB moves and to its main boosting move. Or, y'know, there could just end up another Noel-ish case where Saphira pulls out a Mega Charizard Y and combines this field with Sun and eradicates all our carefully planned teams.

• Administrators

Ah, way to go, Ame! You brought us another nightmarish field. And here I was thinking Charlotte was the worst.

In all seriousness, though, I really expected something like this for Saphira to be able to curbstomp us with, but the fact that this field appears in more than one gym/location is what is vexing. I dread that we might have to fight Lin on this field, after she is presumably finished with demolishing everything else.

Also, I agree that mega Charizard X sounds fitting, as it gets enormous boosts to both STAB moves and to its main boosting move. Or, y'know, there could just end up another Noel-ish case where Saphira pulls out a Mega Charizard Y and combines this field with Sun and eradicates all our carefully planned teams.

Walrein is going to be doing serious work this battle. two surfs, than some ice spamming...assuming he can even last that long.

And yeah, Zard X definitely seems like he'd be sapphira's mega of choice. I think it fits her.

I wonder if mold breaker still ignores multiscale on this field? Dragonite will be hard to beat. Given the boost to fire type attacks Zard X seems like a good choice for Saphira.

Not possible given that Charizard isn't a Dragon-type initially. I can't actually think of a mega pokemon that would suit her like Altaria did Ciel.

EDIT: actually mega salamence is terrifying. that could work.

• Veterans

Not possible given that Charizard isn't a Dragon-type initially. I can't actually think of a mega pokemon that would suit her like Altaria did Ciel.

EDIT: actually mega salamence is terrifying. that could work.

Except mega mence is heather's territory....I think?

• Administrators

Except mega mence is heather's territory....I think?

... that is fair enough and you're probably right. I guess if it's forced, she's pretty much stuck with Garchomp then.

EDIT: BUT THIS ISN'T THE PLACE FOR THAT BACK TO THE REBORN CITY TOPICS WITH YE

O, Here we go ( only read first page of Replys) YAll for got about heather and Blake, didnt yall.

IF they had a gym, Oh wait, heather is a leader, But anyway, This would be the gym for them.

food for thought. used in the next two upcoming gyms, Saphria and

Heather? or blake?

O, Here we go ( only read first page of Replys) YAll for got about heather and Blake, didnt yall.

IF they had a gym, Oh wait, heather is a leader, But anyway, This would be the gym for them.

food for thought. used in the next two upcoming gyms, Saphria and

Heather? or blake?

Heather is an E4 Member and Blake is an ex-Leader, so neither would count toward the Gym Leaders who get this Field.

Actually, Charlotte wasn't that hard. I had Reuniclus use Trick Room, and after that it was easy mode for Golem, Gigalith and Aggron.

I guess we'll see soon enough how this field turns out! maybe we could bring in some electricity to help us?
And, if everything else fails, I guess I'll just use the Inverse Field!

Y'know, now that I think about it, I'm rather disappointed Terra doesn't get this field, as the ground type could be really good losing 2 of its 3 weaknesses while having boosted fire attacks to fry grass types.

A much more challenging battle could be had against her with a suitably designed team, as opposed to the glitch field...I guess its a pity that something couldn't invalidate her badge...

While Terra would benefit most from this field, Sapphira is the mother of dragons in dis gaem.

Naturally every field is used once in every gym, so not both gym battles will be with is. The way I believe this will continue is that we are going to battle Hardy, something occurs, the gym gets destroyed and we have to battle some Meteor grunts or one of our plentiful adversaries. Then we can go back to fighting Hardy in a cave. This of course means that we'll have to fight Sapphira first, and it also means we're going off topic.

Dragonite is going to be hell, as mentioned by others, but the mega cannot possibly be a non-dragon type, so no Zard, no Sceptile, no super sayan. We do not really have many dragons and since everyone has already noticed Fairy does not get demoted, why not another M-Altaria?

The field is hard, and you should feel... nevermind.

I feel like blizzard should transform this field into a cave if glaciate does that

Given that this field will probably be used for any major dragon trainers, it would nerf the field significantly to make blizzard change the field.

Glaciate is rare enough that it isn't a huge problem, but if blizzard changed the field, almost any ice type at a high level could make a field that killed dragons.

I agree that it is possible to have multiple leaders using the same mega Pokemon, but I think it will not be so for two reasons, viz. mega stones seem to be incredibly rare in this game, with very few available and very few people able to use them. This makes it likely that they are unique. Also, repeating megas seems a tad unoriginal, and that is certainly improbable. Besides, if a repeat were to be made, I'd sooner see Saphira with a Mega Salamence or Mega Garchomp, despite those being generally accepted to be Heather's and Solaris's respective aces.

I still think it likely that Saphira will use a Mega Charizard if she uses a mega at all, since the boost to both forms' offensive capabilities is enormous, perhaps too enormous for Saphira to pass up. And it is known that Leaders may be a little...flexible in their teambuilds, since Noel uses a mon that's not even a normal type, while Ciel's ace is not a flying type in its Mega evolved state. Why should it be absurd for Saphira to use a fire-breathing draconic monster, especially one which can certainly be a 'true dragon' in one of its forms? Nor does it seem very in-character for Saphira to use a fluffy peacock or a cuddly sheep-giraffe as her monster of mass destruction. Then again, she uses Derpynite, so it might be possible. Heck, we may even see a Mega Dragonite, who knows?