We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

Welcome to the forum! ;-) For the future questions like this belong to the On the Hunt directory. As for EV training there is a guide here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18129 I understand you're somewhere at the beginning, probably before the first or second gym? EV training right away sounds a bit too early to me. For the first few leaders you just need to catch five other mons to have a full team and level them up a bit. Don't try to push through the game with less than 6 mons like most of the other games allow you - Reborn is not meant to work like that. In fact most people train more than 6 pokemon so that they could switch the team a bit for every gym battle.

I guess then Pokémon Reborn isn't meant for me, when i play a pokémon game i decide my team from the beginning, i only train 6 pokémon and train them well to be ready for the challenges ahead, wasting time on leveling random pokémons just to have 6 in my party isn't fun for me

anyway thank you for your reply

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

When will Gen 7 pokemon be incorporated into Reborn?

And also...

Will the level caps rise above level 100?

Since these questions have arisen before and have been answered by ame you can take my word

1. If Gen 7 introduced it will be no sooner then the very last release so 19 or maybe even a 19.5 update if there is one of those so you got a while and just so you know episodes have no announced release attached to them so dont't ask that question those 2 together are asked alot :)

2. It was brought up before that Ame does not wish to exceed the level 100 cap if she can help it.

I guess then Pokémon Reborn isn't meant for me, when i play a pokémon game i decide my team from the beginning, i only train 6 pokémon and train them well to be ready for the challenges ahead, wasting time on leveling random pokémons just to have 6 in my party isn't fun for me

It's still very possible, my first playthrough I only used set 6 Pokemon I had in my party. Just requires some luck/heavy strategy.

Haha, her voice sounds somewhat funny in some vids tho... now seriously this is kind of off topic but she plays one of my favourite games of all time. Okami is a masterpiece. Awesome visuals, great music, story. It's a pity Clover Studios died.

One of my favorite parts is A Tale of Two Budew.

*playing a Platinum Nuzlocke*

"I really don't want to catch a Budew here. But thankfully the wild encounters here are doubles, so unless I run into two Budew I should be fine."

*runs into two Budew*

"Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME"

"I really don't want to catch a Budew here. But thankfully the wild encounters here are doubles, so unless I run into two Budew I should be fine."

*runs into two Budew*

"Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME"

I have to agree with that, hahaha. Pokémon that evolve through friendship are a real nightmare, especially when you need them to evolve soon in order to learn a good move, add to that the fact that Budew is rather crappy + nuzlocke. That was sad man, but hella funny.

I have to agree with that, hahaha. Pokémon that evolve through friendship are a real nightmare, especially when you need them to evolve soon in order to learn a good move, add to that the fact that Budew is rather crappy + nuzlocke. That was sad man, but hella funny.

The follow-up was just as funny.

Ame: "Noooooooooooo...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Game: "Nooooooooo was sent to the PC."

• Developers

Reborn was meant to not have the usual powerful pokemon available from the beginning - instead you need to give a chance to mons you wouldn't usually consider. However you can try the Request-A-Mon thread. Usually it's meant for mono/dual-type runs but the policy is not really strict so they might help you if you ask nicely.

How big do you think your fandom will grow by the end of development?

Honestly, Reborn is way more fun and entertaining than the mainstream games, its possible downsides being the lower graphics quality, maturity of content and low exhibition (i.e. not many people know it).

I think if you can publicise big enough, then you probably can match even some of the big 'official' games, since the Pokemon fandom is huge.

• Administrators

Related to the forbidden traits question, since that got me curious: hypothetically, if a Gym Leader had a legendary, would they be allowed to use it in battle or would that be against the rules?

Also is Blast Powder edible?

• In the online league it was forbidden. However, (particularly given legendaries are not currently commonplace in Reborn) I could imagine it being allowed as part of a special challenge.
  • Anything is edible if you care little enough.

If we gave our Pokemon a "Rare Candy" what would happen?

• c74af89b81e94d5ab220f13a45b02da3.png

Ame, I wonder what u think about this insane Pokémon go hype? :D And also, have u play it too? How u like it?

• I'm really glad it's a thing, and I think it's promising for what it could become. But I think it also has a high chance of wearing off with its own novelty if it doesn't get adequate updates or support. Currently it's lacking a lot for me to be able to consider it a good game.
    • Also... stability is a thing. With so many players I get it, but I haven't been able to play at all at any time of the day for the past couple weeks due to it crashing or refusing connection.

ever thought of tweaking male kirlia's sprite? ;p

something like this

kirlia_by_mrrandell-d36ykh5.png

• Absolutely not. Male Kirlia are beautiful just as they are and they don't need you telling them otherwise.

Can we have more than one registered item?Bicycle and the item finder are always needed..so can we?

• It isn't currently a priority or goal, but in a worst case scenario someone could mod it in if it never happens. If that mod appears to be stable, we could maybe take into the main download too.

so is there a way to ev train my starter, i choosed charmander and i defenitly want to keep it in my party

• EV reducing berries are available fairly early on, so you can train as you go to an extent. Also, new items will be available in E16 to help EV training.

In the future, can we expect the player to quit being on the receiving end/ Being responsible for actually accomplishing something major? The reason why I ask this is because after a certain point in the game, I feel the character is incapable of reacting to certain events and some of their actions lose meaning and fail to make a difference because of this. The instance that first comes to mind, is the whole situation with Blake. After all that stuff of denying him the ring he just goes and take it by force, and the PC just stands inertly, doing nothing to prevent it. If the character was a child, that would be understandable but since that's not the case, we could expect the character to push him or in the case of girls, the famous kick in the nuts, then Blake could just run off spouting "You'll never find Heather" or firing any other crappy villainous line.

• From whence stems such rock solid knowledge of minerals?
  • What inspired the decision to name the places in reborn after crystals?
  • Is real life Amethyst a brawny, manly miner, who happens to enjoy pokemon and roleplaying as a lady in the web?
  • Why there are so many here who are fascinated by Amethyst's basement, to the point of wanting to live there? What kind of wonders rest in that place?
  • Although many players would probably be 10/10 fine with giving Blake a swift kick in the balls, it would be supremely out of place for a non-speaking protagonist to do something like that. Kuro has talked about this in the past, but an action like that in itself carries a lot of personality, which is extremely jarring for those players who enjoy imposing their own personality onto the player. Although I understand it's also frustrating in a sense to be so passive, there's a middle line to be toed.
  • tbh I just pulled up a list of crystal names and picked out the ones that sounded like they could be made into good place names.
  • I really like crystals. I always have (after all, I'm kinda named after one.) So when I was thinking of what the region's naming theme would be, it was an obvious choice. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't been used in the main series yet. ...Though it's gonna be seriously awkward now if it ever does.
  • My real identity is actually John Cena. Of course, you didn't see that coming.
  • I'm-- sorry, people are fascinated with what now?? No, stay out of my basement. That's reserved for... people closer to me. You know?

When will Gen 7 pokemon be incorporated into Reborn?

And also...

Will the level caps rise above level 100?

• Smeargle's more or less right. Probably final episode, level cap probably won't raise until post-game if at all.

How big do you think your fandom will grow by the end of development?

I think if you can publicise big enough, then you probably can match even some of the big 'official' games, since the Pokemon fandom is huge.

• It's kind of hard for me to measure it, especially since there are a lot of fans who don't follow me anywhere or aren't on the site. I really have no solid idea of how widespread it is or isn't, but it's already far eclipsed my expectations (considering it was originally a project strictly for members of this community).
    • Publicity is sort of a double-edged sword with fangames though. If they get too big, then it gives Nintendo more of a reason to fly in and make everyone sad.
    • Even aside from that consideration, I am not really the type to advertise. I never have been. I post the game on three sites (here, PokeCommunity, and MP (a small community of about 20 active people)) and that's it. I would much rather spend the time I could be advertising, working on finishing and improving the game instead. If it's good enough then people will tell each other about it. This is what I believed from the start, and I'd say it's proven itself, frankly, way more true than I'd ever imagined.

How did you come up with the idea to create a pokemon game with more "realistic" environment ? :D Like... polluted cities, people suiciding, not everything is fair.

I found out about this game 1 week ago thanks to a 9gagger and i couldn't stop playing it , cause it is (in my opinion) original and has an interesting story.

• My real identity is actually John Cena. Of course, you didn't see that coming.

You can't see her, her time is now

(This is where someone makes a shitty MS Paint edit of Ame's face on John Cena's shoulders)

Will there eventually be a buyable/renewable source of PP restoring items (i.e. Ethers, Elixirs, Leppa Berries etc.), or will the very few hidden ones be all we'll have access to?

It seems like you've only just touched on the ridiculousness of gen 1. Will you be doing more with that field?

Personally I hope not, outside of perhaps a Battle Maison style postgame area. That field in particular was nightmarish on my runthrough, and I am NOT eager to see it again. Then again, Terra is still there so I would place my bets on "yes we'll see it again."

Personally I hope not, outside of perhaps a Battle Maison style postgame area. That field in particular was nightmarish on my runthrough, and I am NOT eager to see it again. Then again, Terra is still there so I would place my bets on "yes we'll see it again."

I'm also hoping it'd be a postgame thing. When I think of broken gen 1 mechanics I think of partial trapping moves (wrap, fire spin, etc), pokemon up to lvl 255, glitch moves, and the merge glitch. It'd be interesting to build a team to combat a superboss using some or all of these gen 1 "features".

I'm surprised trapping moves aren't part of the glitch field. Sure, Terra's (Wide lens) Garchomp having sand tomb would be completely unfair but a slower pokemon using it would be feasible.

Q:Is there a Pokemon you simply forgot to add in the game at some point and remembered to add it in a much later episode same question for any features or tms?

Q:Do you yourself ever casually play through the Reborn?

Q:How many meme per square feet are placed in reborn?

Q:Is there some hidden Easter Egg event or Pokemon you added into the game that as of now has not been found by the community?

Q:Is there a Pokemon you simply forgot to add in the game at some point and remembered to add it in a much later episode same question for any features or tms?

Q:Do you yourself ever casually play through the Reborn?

Q:How many meme per square feet are placed in reborn?

Q:Is there some hidden Easter Egg event or Pokemon you added into the game that as of now has not been found by the community?

1. Dunno but feel like more Pokemon were replaced for balancing than forgotten.

2. Only when a new episode comes out so like...I played a year and a half ago

3. Assuming each tile is one square foot, .005 approximately. It's a complicated math problem that would take me 3 days to calculate.

4. See Dratini tile, Togepi Egg quiz, Hardcore's hidden event tile, and what would've been the Beldum Event.

First of all, my first forum post, woo. In any case, I've got a few questions for the esteemed team and... others of import.

• That Absol. The one that I everyone wants really badly. Was that kind of an afterthought that you added to the calamity-related events, or was that something you had planned from the get-go?
  • The name Reborn in general... why'd ya go with that? For the region and such I mean.
  • This one is just a random 4 AM thought, but eh. That guy that's in the neighboring cell when you're imprisoned by Meteor that releases you with Klefki even when you've been caught three hundred times..... Could that be Taka in disguise? I mean Klefki was his lead in his optional battle, and it would fit with his bad-guy-but-not-really personality... Like I said, just a thought.

Since it's already coded in Ametrine mountain in a place you can access from Reborn city with a HM you get after going in Agate, I guess it should be available in E16. We're already lvl 80, I guess some new pseudo legendaries can be released now

How long did you think it'd take for this thread to die?

Going in to E16, how long did you initially think it'd take? Not a question of how it's doing, so not a banned question

Is there a Pokemon you really want to make available, but can't, due to Ame reasons?

When Florinia says before battle that the expected outcome is failure, does she mean for the player or herself? I was always confused about this.

I think she expects the player's failure. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that at the end of the battle she says that the outcome was unexpected or something like that...

Also I'm quite sure that she says that player lacks skill

Edited by pyrromanis