We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

And to not lose time i have another question: how many months (years for some) have you spent on the development of the game? How much time you spend every day?

I started actual work on the development team on the 28th of September and we were doing training stuff for a couple of days before. I guess that means I've been there for a little over 3 months. The amount of time I spend on it a day fluctuates wildly depending on what other stuff I have to do and how difficult the animations are. On the day I made fire blast for example of was working for around 3 hours. So it can go anywhere from around 30 mins to hours.

My question is about the future: what do you think you'll be doing 5 years from now?

In a dungeon making move animations

I would be in 2nd year university probably doing a bachelor of arts focusing on history and politics areas.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Uh, non-Pokemon games were specified, weren't they?

Shit, you're right. Reading is tech.

(Or maybe I saw that part and thought they only meant non-official Pokémon games? I dunno, I don't even remember)

• Administrators

What is your end goal that you hope to achieve when you finish Reborn and what will happen to the community once the project is finished? Will the site change to sponsor both Reborn and your new project?

Yes, it will. We're already starting to shift to more of a general gaming focus as a site (though probably we'll always still heavily rooted in Pokemon obvs)

Do consider what kind of tactical application this may have :)

huh??

My question is about the future: what do you think you'll be doing 5 years from now?

No question about it, I'll be in the thick of Starlight by then. ^^

yeaaaah that's gonna take forever too. #worth

QUESTIONS!

Would you consider forming your own game development studio, Ame?

What led you to create the Yureyu company in Reborn? (How thorough was the design process, where did you get the name from, did you get the idea from someone else, etc.)

The music in this game is absolutely incredible (I listen to it on itunes as a fall asleep XD)
How did you get Glitch City to make it? Are they people you know in real life?

Ame didn't get GlitchxCity to make anything. She makes the songs of her own volition, then Ame hears them and decides to use some of them in the game.

This actually leads into another question, though. Ame, do you plan to collaborate with GlitchxCity (or another musician) to create original themes for the final Meteor battle, Elite Four, and Champion? The most important battles in the game deserve their own unique songs, yeah?

QUESTIONS!

What led you to create the Yureyu company in Reborn? (How thorough was the design process, where did you get the name from, did you get the idea from someone else, etc.)

Ame didn't get GlitchxCity to make anything. She makes the songs of her own volition, then Ame hears them and decides to use some of them in the game.

This actually leads into another question, though. Ame, do you plan to collaborate with GlitchxCity (or another musician) to create original themes for the final Meteor battle, Elite Four, and Champion? The most important battles in the game deserve their own unique songs, yeah?

The last part is actually a question I was going to ask, so seconded there.

As for a question of my own, what was the inspiration for Team Meteor? We know the Gym Leaders are based off the original Reborn League, but what of the Antagonists of our story?

• Administrators

When Reborn (or your part of work on it) is finished will you take a (well deserved) vacation? If yes for how long?

Absolutely not. I'll be working on Starlight ASAP.

The music in this game is absolutely incredible (I listen to it on itunes as a fall asleep XD)

How did you get Glitch City to make it? Are they people you know in real life?

Like Foamy said, she makes it anyway. She just gave us permission to use it.

I'd consider it at least, but I don't know how practical that would be. I think it'd be fun, aside from business/payroll/legality stuff which I have no stomach for.

Frankly, I don't remember at all. I think it was something to do with +Infinitas in the first place? But, I really couldn't tell ya.

I already commissioned a couple things from her a while back. ^~^

As for a question of my own, what was the inspiration for Team Meteor? We know the Gym Leaders are based off the original Reborn League, but what of the Antagonists of our story?

Team Meteor came about from +Infinitas, a comic based on Reborn drawn by Will. The comic also inspired occasional roleplays on our server which Will (with others' help) would host, playing Team Meteor, and then community members would fight them in narrated+simulated scenarios/battles. Ice also made some of the characters that became part of the game.

Here's a super random question for Ame :

Who's that reccurring lady in your forum avatars? Always been curious if she is from some anime or something :ph34r: because her design looks lovely (and reminisces danganronpa somehow)

• Administrators

This one is going to Ame :

What were the most despairing moments for you in Dangaronpa?

basically all of my favorite characters.....

DR1 chapter 2 death

DR2 chapter 3 execution

DR2 chapter 5 execution mrgrgrrrrrrrrrr..

DRAE beast monokuma death q~q

(i havent finished DRAE though because the end of chapter 3 was all kinds of yuck)

Here's a super random question for Ame :

Who's that reccurring lady in your forum avatars? Always been curious if she is from some anime or something :ph34r: because her design looks lovely (and reminisces danganronpa somehow)

You are correct! It's Ryouko Otonashi, the protagonist of DR0. It doesn't have an official translation and the fan one is kinda hard to stitch together (at least when I read it) but it's passable. Ryouko is my spirit animal. She's the Ultimate Amnesiac, a title I seem to be earning more and more by the day.

Is there a part of the game that you wanted to implement but were not able to due to difficulty/time/other motive?

All the time. There's a lot of compromise involved. Easy example, outfit system. Yeah, it would be super cool and awesome and wow but Essential's handler for it is incomplete and I would have to redo all the protagonists + make a bunch of clothes + fix Essentials for it to work with all graphics and I'm really just not about that life. It's not important enough for me to take an additional X months to do that thoroughly enough that it would be good. And it probably still wouldn't be as good as I'd like.

I'll be holding back on a lot of post-game stuff for various reasons. Not that it won't be there, just kind of, less, than it originally was in my head.

As for a part of the story, I don't actually think anything's been cut... not that I remember. But some parts of the story have taken different forms due to limitations. For instance, riding giant Steelix. How cool would it be to see what it looks like to ride through the tunnels and bust through the base with it? Rad af. I'm not spriting that. It's not worth it. Nonetheless, you've all got the idea of the sort of stuff that went down with that thing anyway.

Will every TM and Move Tutor be available before the Elite Four?

What about the Mega Ring? Since gym leaders now have Megas, I'd say it'd be fair if we could get to use at least a few of them. I think I read somewhere that it's probably post-game content, but I'm not sure.

Will we have to fight level 100+ Pokémon (E4 and Champion battles, especially rematches)?

• Administrators

As the head of the up-coming Revolution, I reached out to the community for gym leaders and evil team admins. Did the Reborn team do this, or were their gym leaders conceptualized by the team themselves?

I-- thought it was pretty clear by now that it was all based on the league, sans some meteor characters. The leaders of the league were themselves largely based on their actors + some changes to appearance, name and other embellishments of personality.

Not sure if this has been asked, but what goes into deciding what Pokemon get axed or moved in the game?

Ika's link is better answer, but tl;dr if a pokemon is sort of like a 'must pick up' for its point in the game I'm likely to move it back, or if it doesn't get much attention then I'll try to find some way to make it potentially relevant (moving it earlier to make it more usable, making a trade for it, or some event so that it's at least memorable, etc.) That's very in-general though. Sometimes things get axed for other reasons.

Like I'll be moving Absol back in E16, not because it's too strong, but because I have a neat idea for it.

Why Reborn will have 19 episodes and not for example 15 or 20? When and why that number was decided?

18 badges + an episode because badges were missed

Would be 20 but one episode will have 2 badges.

Will every TM and Move Tutor be available before the Elite Four?

What about the Mega Ring? Since gym leaders now have Megas, I'd say it'd be fair if we could get to use at least a few of them. I think I read somewhere that it's probably post-game content, but I'm not sure.

Will we have to fight level 100+ Pokémon (E4 and Champion battles, especially rematches)?

No promises to any of it.