Spoilered just in case, something in there for Ika as well.

Well... something super. SUPER SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER bad is going to happen next episode. Like Suuuuuuuuuper bad. Maaaaaaaaaaan, it was set up alright too.

Though... I feel like Jaune and Pyrrha's conversation felt... really rushed... like something about it made the emotional impact not hit correctly for me. Like... it felt like the pace was off or that it wasn't really genuine feeling. Something made it totally fall flat on it's face for me. It just felt so knee jerky and all over the place in such a short span of time, from them having a nice little moment all the way to the exact opposite by the end of the short conversation they had and it jsut felt... weird to me.

As for Penny, I wouldn't say she's doomed right off the bat, because well... Ruby is going to try and do something. As you pointed out Ika, she has super speed. And as was very noticeably pointed out, she doesn't have Crescent Rose with her. SO she doesn't really have the choce to fight Mercury. ((She reaches back for it but finds it not there... which I honestly find super weird for a character who got in a shit load of trouble having dropped it before, but I'm not going to be over critical there.)) But Ruby's going to try and do, something. What she's going to do not sure of yet, but she' going to do something.

Also... why did her seeing Emerald prompt her to go back wherever she did? Like... that was kinda weird... I know she knew something was up but why exactly that place... I feel like they didn't explain something very well or just expected us to follow along with it cause plot... but I dunno.

However, we know they are trying to get another big reaction out of the crowd like in the fight with Merc versus Yang. If the fight goes on... Pyrrha's going to really mess up Penny in ways probably none of us know how bad it could end up but... pretty sure we know that fight will not go well. ((and this makes a lot of sense in the scheme of things... makes Mercury figuring out that Pyrrha's powers were Polarity based back in S2 come back in a really scary nail-biting way that I totally didn't expect happening.))

Also... they are teasing the bloody hell out of Velvet's ability to the point I just don't care anymore... like... this shit is just dumb at this point. Either tell us or don't geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Get on with it already my lord.

If Rwby's good at anything it's making me want the next daaaaaang episode. Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive it noooooooooooooooooooooow.

Also,

First. I want Ren's apron so badly.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! I'm so glad somebody else noticed that it cracked me up sooooo much XD.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

Also... why did her seeing Emerald prompt her to go back wherever she did? Like... that was kinda weird... I know she knew something was up but why exactly that place... I feel like they didn't explain something very well or just expected us to follow along with it cause plot... but I dunno.

Ruby mentioned that Mercury and co. were supposed to be in Haven to get Mercury to be with his family when talking to JNPR, so they weren't supposed to be at the Vytal festival arena at that time, hence why she thought it was completely out of place that Emerald was at the arena. That's probably why she went backstage to see if she could find anyone else, and, well, that's how she encountered Mercury of course

so it is explained, just that it might be a bit vague.

Ruby mentioned that Mercury and co. were supposed to be in Haven to get Mercury to be with his family when talking to JNPR, so they weren't supposed to be at the Vytal festival arena at that time, hence why she thought it was completely out of place that Emerald was at the arena. That's probably why she went backstage to see if she could find anyone else, and, well, that's how she encountered Mercury of course

so it is explained, just that it might be a bit vague.

I knew that, but her immeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeditaly finding him was what felt really out of place. Like that she choose to go there and bam he was right there felt too... convenient.

Why are we writing in spoilers? The whole thread is spoilers, feels kind of redundant.

SO.

Holy shit. Where do I start...

Well, I certainly thought that Yang would get punished besides being disqualified. I'm glad though. But why would Blake even doubt about Yang? Sure, Adam might have been more aggresive and all, but Blake knows Yang wouldn't do that. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like it.

Ayyy JNPR shenanigans. I liked how Nora and Ren tried to prepare Pyrrha for her (possible at that time) upcoming fight.

Qrow continues to deliver. It surprised me that he (kind of) revealed Raven's situation so soon, I wonder if Yang will continue her search actively now that she knows, or will calm down for a while.

I loved Jaune & Pyrrha's moment. It felt to me that Jaune has really grown as a character, and shows Pyrrha, "The Invincible Girl", in a... pityful situation. Favorite scene of the episode. It also doesn't help that I'm a huge Arkos shipper and the ship came thru. :]

Ha! It would be really funny if Velvet's secret weapon box thingy was her camera, nice contrast with all those big, cumbersome swords and firearms. Now, if it really is her weapon, what does it do? It captures the soul of those who Velvet took a picture? We'll never know...Also, pretty convenient that she knew about Mercury and told Ruby about it. Oh well, roll with it.

And finally, the last scene. I also wondered at first why would Ruby go to the backstage after seeing Emerald? And WHY was Mercury there if he was supposed to lay low like Cinder said? Didn't made a lot of sense but whatever, hopefully Ruby learnt from her mistakes and would not try to might Merc without Crescent Rose. AND PENNY vs PYRRHA, OH SHIT. This will not end well.

Favorite episode so far, so pumped for next week.

Why are we writing in spoilers? The whole thread is spoilers, feels kind of redundant.

Cause we really should be for like the first day it comes out since people might not have gotten a chance yet. It's mostly just for being nice. Up until this point it was more or less between or catching up with the current episode.

that was one of the better non combat episodes

Ayyy JNPR shenanigans. I liked how Nora and Ren tried to prepare Pyrrha for her (possible at that time) upcoming fight.

i really didnt like that part but i loved the apron so it was worth the cringe for me

I loved Jaune & Pyrrha's moment. It felt to me that Jaune has really grown as a character, and shows Pyrrha, "The Invincible Girl", in a... pityful situation. Favorite scene of the episode. It also doesn't help that I'm a huge Arkos shipper and the ship came thru. :]

that was also the most obvious ship in the series

to the point where i being the anti-shipper i am saw it coming

But seriously. That's a terrible hiding place. Dammit, Merc.

mercury you had one job

• Developers

That moment when merc walked out in front of Ruby was so badass, the music in that final scene gave me goosebumps and the Rooster Teeth disclaimer warning against younger audiences pretty much suggests something bads gonna happen next episode.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Holy fucking shit.

Episode 9. Watch it first, cringe, get excited, then come back here. Cause boy, there is alot, ALOT to think about here.

Okay, okay, o fucking k. Holy shit. things went down. Pyrrha PKO'd (or is it Robot Knock Out? Idk.) penny. Poor, poor penny. Well, i cannt say that this was unprecedented, the demise of penny was expected to say the least. Ruby vs. Mercury was nothing, all they did was literally go around the arena in a cat and mouse chase, when merc just decided to hack the controls, so that our favorite VA (search: sarcasm) Jessica Nigri Cinder tells the whole world about shit we knew since season two. This was a good episode. Tells us alot about what Cinder and her crew were planning, and it sure did bring fear to the people of vale. Now what im guessing for the next couple of episodes is a repeat of season two, where tl;dr kids go fight monsters. again. But this time, its gonna be even more interesting and we get to see what happens to pyrrha. Will she go for the guardian thingy, or will she not? I am excited as all hell right now.

Meh. I imagined worse happening...

Until you get an actual end of the world to happen on screen, you can't dank me into fear.

Heh. Could've gone worse for Penny, honestly. As long as her head is intact, she can return.

Seriously, anyone who has read Negima should realize that a gynoid can take more abuse than that.

IGXpgnM.png

BCmuvYO.png

That being said, I guess Merc really needed to only hide for a short period of time. Once the match started, he was pretty much free to move since the outcome was decided so long as nobody noticed Emerald and went for her.

But, Pyrrha…really? You didn't notice the swords suddenly multiplying? I'm pretty sure that nobody in this verse can actually do that.

Even weirder is the fact that Pyrrha's little EMP didn't have any effect on Penny herself. Just her weaponry...

Well, whatever.

Things are falling apart at the seams as the climax of the season fast approaches. Pyrrha's probably broken at this point. Blake and Adam are definitely going to meet. That's all I can say for certain…Oh, and Cinder will likely fall at the end of this season.

Edited by Hiss13

i did not expect so much to happen that episode as the trailer only hinted at the penny and phyrra fight

also im not doing spoiler tags because one since this thread started we have said this is for people who watch RWBY so they should know what happens already and two...i dont know how to spoiler tag

i liked the homage to dead fantasy with how penny fights seriously to anyone who hasn't seen montys other works when you get a chance watch his dead fantasy and a few of the red vs blue fights and pay attention to similarity's between them

i still cant figure out why mercury was there he really shouldnt have been anywhere on the arena

i saw penny getting exposed as a robot and that causing tension between ironwood and the others but i didnt think she would be destroyed that much

ever since the end of volume 2 ive been waiting for neo to brake roman out and i finally got my wish when i was watching i saw "blue 2 come in" neos in there isnt she...yep (grin) shes gonna free roman isnt she...yep (bigger grin)

looks like we might be seeing the goliaths in battle soon but how did the white fang get grimm on a ship

i really hope we see a big battle next episode

Ok.

Did I expect a Pyrrha v. Penny fight. Yes.

Did I expect somehow, someway Penny would be exposed as an aura yielding robot? Yes.

But in that type of manner? HELL NO.

Queen of Edginess Cinder's plan now needs some type of backstory because now everything is about go chaotic and there won't be any base for all it. I guess we'll find out later.

As for Mercury, I guess he needed to be at the stadium to hack all the communications for Cinder's edge speech. Emerald had to focus on Pyrrha and Neo broke out Torchwick. I guess he had no choice.

and also my 2 cents on chapter 8: JAUNE DID NOTHING WRONG

• Veterans

am i the only one that didnt get sad at all from that episode

like i know pennys death is tragic but...shes a fictional character why do so many people get choked up over people who arnt real

it's fun to imagine to stand in a character's shoes! indulging yourself in good stories can get you swept away in the world of the story and it's really fun to just... let go of the real world for a bit sometimes

but that also means you'll get to experience the suffering aka cry about fictional characters n shit if something bad happens to your fav and blehhh

i mean not everyone likes to do that but. i for one do and some others as well so that's probably why people got upset

My feelings stem from empathy for Ruby having to witness one of your best friends shredding your other best friend into pieces, i wouldn't imagine how devastated i will be if this thing were to happen to me. At least for me, it's about how relatable i am with the characters even if it is fictional.

• 2 weeks later...

Vol. 3 Ch. 10 Summary

• Blake and Weiss are at the Fairgrounds, where people are fleeing from the hordes of Grimm.
  • Yang is at Beacon, where the White Fang are letting Grimm into the school.
  • Blake and Weiss decide to go back to Beacon to assist Yang.
  • Pyrrha, still traumatized by Penny's death, is attacked by the Nevermore that was trying to break through the barrier (and did) last episode .
  • Ruby stops it by stabbing it with one of Penny's swords. The Nevermore tries to attack again, but is pinned to the ground by a barrage of rocket lockers.
  • JNPR, SSSN, CFVY, ABRN, and FNKI grab their weapons and defeat the Nevermore.
  • Ruby doesn't hold Pyrrha responsible for Penny.
  • A group of Griffon Grimm try to attack the group, but are stopped by Professor Port and Doctor Oobleck.
  • The group leaves and meets Ironwood, who tells them they can either defend their kingdom or save themselves. They unanimously choose to stay.
  • Ironwood leaves on a ship to take back the skies from Roman.
  • Roman infects the Atlesian androids through a scroll handed to him by Neo. The androids turn on Qrow and Glynda as well as Weiss and Blake.
  • The androids oppose Ironwood while he's in the ship, causing it to crash.
  • Ruby sees this and uses a Rocket Locker to fly to Roman's ship.
  • Later, Blake sees Adam, and is horrified as he greets her.
  • From a close by rooftop, Cinder and Emerald observe the chaos, while Mercury films it. Interestingly, Emerald seems a little upset.
  • Ozpin leaves his office, but the ground begins to tremble.
  • A massive Grimm Dragon rises from a mountain and heads toward Vale, while bleeding smaller Grimm.
  • Pyrrha leaves the battleground with Ozpin, closely followed by Jaune, and observed by Cinder.

Points of Interest:

• Weiss seems to trust Blake now, as she asks Blake for advice on what to do next.
  • Voice acting was on point, especially Ruby, Pyrrha, Jaune, and Ironwood.
  • I think that Velvet's picture of Ruby with her scythe may serve as some sort of inspiration for the people later on.
  • Ironwood's gloved hand seems to be robotic, or at least incredibly strong, shown by his victory over the Alpha Beowolf.
  • His gun seems to have two triggers?
  • "Hello, my darling" makes me think that Adam and Blake had a super possessive relationship before.
  • Emerald showing signs of switching sides.

Things I want to happen:

• VELVET USING HER BOX TO FIGHT PLZ ROOSTER TEETH.