• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have so many things to say about v3 e11, but instead of writing an absurdly long post I'll just say 5 things.

Adam, you're being a f*cking creep. Stop it.

Velvet, you're a God and I love you.

Ozpin, please don't die god damn it.

Jaune, ...why couldn't you just stand guard like Ozpin f*cking told you to do. I mean I know you were worried about your waifu, but now everyone's f*cked man.

Rooster Teeth, COME ON FIRST PENNY NOW TORCHWICK. WHY ARE YOU GUYS KILLING OFF ALL MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS.

ok on the torchwick thing it was a pretty underwhelming death to im pretty sure he will be back

i really hope he will be back he was the perfect counter for cinders personality he made the villains interesting

or maybe it will turn neo into a vengeful killer bent on revenge for team RWBY

im not sure how likely that is as nether roman and neo were planned to be long going characters

roman stayed in the series because so many fans liked him and neo was added just because they needed an assistant for torchwick (she was actually biased off of a roman cosplay a friend of montys made)

if he is dead i just want to see how neo reacts

but i really hope hes still alive RWBY needs him

Ok so I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole episode, something that hasn't happened in a while. I wasn't ready for this, so much happened.

I'll start with how Roman and Neo handled Ruby so well, she couldn't do anything to them at all. Here I thought Ruby vs Neo was a fair battle, more than Yang vs Neo at least. If it weren't for Neo's sword-umbrella and the Grimm, she wouldn't have made it out of it (except, you know... plot armor). Also, I'm a little surprised the offed Torchwick that easy, I wonder if we saw tha last of him... Oh well! Moving on...!

Man, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT when I May Fall was rocking in the background and Velvet payed homaje to the trailers (her weapon lived up to the hype in my opinion), and Weiss stood up and summoned an arm of her knight. Completely amazing. Shed some tears tbh.

QROW'S SCYTHE HYPE BOIS. And Ironwood's more metal than I expected, interesting. Overall Ironwood has been a lot better than I imagined tbh.

Now, that scene. Damn, Adam truly is fucked up. What he kept saying to Blake was downright creepy, and looks like he's really ruthless. He stabbed Blake, Skywalker-ed Yang like nothing and to top it off tried to behead Blake (I skipped a beat there, honestly). He's a much better villian in my eyes now, despite all the edginess. Can't wait to see how this situation ends.

And Cinder got everything according to keikaku. I was pretty scared for Pyrrha that whole scene tho. Goddammit Jaune, you had ONE job! It's a bit sad she killed Laura Bailey- I mean Amber so soon... Guess she wasn't relevant anymore. Since the power tranfer was interrupted midway, people are wondering if Pyrrha did got some of the maiden's power, that would be interesting. And Cinder vs Ozpin hype! Finally! But I hope Ozpin doesn't get the Yamamoto/Dumbledore treatment...

This was an amazing episode. Can't wait for next week as always, but there's extra hype for the finale. Here's hoping they don't rush the ending like Volume 2.

Ok so I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole episode, something that hasn't happened in a while. I wasn't ready for this, so much happened.

i am the only one that wasnt on there seat this episode

i feel like RWBY peeked last ep in terms of excitement and this ep while amazing in its own regard didnt pass ep 10 for me in terms of amping me up

Now, that scene. Damn, Adam truly is fucked up. What he kept saying to Blake was downright creepy, and looks like he's really ruthless. He stabbed Blake, Skywalker-ed Yang like nothing and to top it off tried to behead Blake (I skipped a beat there, honestly). He's a much better villian in my eyes now, despite all the edginess. Can't wait to see how this situation ends.

i honestly dont like where they are going with adam

before i saw him as a friend and mentor for blake who went astray but i didnt see romance at all between them

but with how he was talking to blake he got a friend of mine who was a big adam fan to feel creeped out to the point where he questions if he still likes adam or not

anyone else have thoughts on adam?

And Cinder got everything according to keikaku.

ok ive heard keikaku a few times on the internet but i dont know what it is

could someone explain

Here's hoping they don't rush the ending like Volume 2.

well volume 2 and 3 were supposed to be one volume so im guessing this one will have a much cleaner ending

i am the only one that wasnt on there seat this episode

i feel like RWBY peeked last ep in terms of excitement and this ep while amazing in its own regard didnt pass ep 10 for me in terms of amping me up.

For some reason I don't think episode 11 was supposed to amp us up for the volume finally. It's supposed to shock us and leave off on so many things, that even though we may not like what we see, we feel that we HAVE to see what come next.

At least that's what I think RT's intention was.

I'M SO FUCKING UPSET

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS.

MONSTERS. EVERYONE.

THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ANY OF THIS.

if you don't want any kind of hint DO NOT click the spoiler.

1. Greek Mythos.

2. Track 4

no one deserves this my precious children why....

Edited by Stealth

The screams are so loud

but all I can hear are my salty tears hitting the cold ground. It's only now that I realize life is pointless the entropy is unavoidable and the universe is filled with callous and casual destruction

Edited by Stealth

i want volume 4 nooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww

the only crime roosterteeth committed is building up to such a huge cliff hanger I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

im not going to spoil anything but my final thoughts on volume 3 as a whole are: i was a little disappointed with some of the fight scenes as they were kind of lack luster compared to volume 1 and 2s and the fights are what i enjoy most about this show but the fights that were good more then made up for it

the story has gotten a lot better and more interesting which is a big plus that i hope continues

the music as always is the close 2nd best thing about RWBY i cant wait till the soundtrack comes out

i cant wait till everyone else sees that ending so we can all talk about it

and i will feed on all of your sadness and tears

• Support Squad

Ok, I just went through the whole of volume 3.

Ok so I can pick out two moments in the whole series that I can understand people flipping tits over, Penny and Pyrrha's deaths. Personally I wasn't really attached to these two characters. Penny was eccentric and nice, yes, but at at the same time I didn't really think there was much about her character to connect to.

Pyrrha on the other hand I did like more but I couldn't bring myself to care about to such a degree that everyone else seems to. She comes very, very close to being a mary sue in volume one and two with a few key scenes preventing that from happening. Volume 3 and the challenges she faced were a nice deconstruction of this sueish representation that I did find compelling but ultimately never made me care about her to where her death devastated me like it seems to have done to so many others. Again, she was nice and the romance with Jeane was cute but it wasn't enough for me to connect to.

So, that's the character based part of my thoughts. Overall story thoughts. The world of remnant continues to expand in this volume, we see more of the world and other nations through the international nature of the tournament. We see the military movements of Atlus and the Badass James Ironwood unfortunately bumbling about. Soldiers aren't meant for peaceful times, cut him some slack. We also learn about the myth of the four maidens which I really enjoyed personally. The biggest thing I got out of this though wasn't the existence of the maidens. It's the wizard. A part of me think it's Ozpin, if you look at those hexagonal things he used in battle briefly it seems they have no elemental alignment like the forms dust typically manifests as that I can remember. Kinda like Pennys lasers. Could be a wizards magic. It'd also explain why he really is at the head of everything. The donor role in the story, standing beside others like Gandalf and Dumbledore Of course another art of me thinks that's hooey cuz it has no evidence and only theatically fits which is a no no.

Now for the other part of why people watch this series. The action and the music. Throughout the quality ramps up slowly over the series, becoming more awesome and compelling as time goes on, which is nice. Velvet's moment especially stood out to me as brilliantly choreographed. So it's mostly good. Mostly. My biggest gripe lies with the ending of the volume. Naturally the situation isn't perfect and the conflict is ongoing with the Grimm but the fact that they showed us just snippets of Ozpin and Cinder as well as entirely skipping Ruby putting the Grimm dragon on ice, apparently literally, was infuriating to me. It's left me with action blueballs, As soon as the Grimm invasion starts, hell even before, the audience is put into a position where they can't do anything but watch as things go to hell. The privileged positioning of the audience who knows everything that is happening is now working against them to enrapture their morbid curiosity and compel them to root for the heroes despite what they know. It leaves you wanting for the heroes to not just mount a defence but launch the counter-attack. Tension is built up slowly and very well and then... nothing. Pyrrahs death is understandably the most climactic part of the volume but in focusing on this they neglect the situation on the whole, hoping a violent outburs and transition will suffice as the viewer reels from Pyrrah's death. Which really leaves me feeling put out.

Still, very good and whilst the show still shows some amateurish aspects, I don;t mean that in a spiteful way, such as voice acting, which they are actively remedying by bringing on pros such as Vic Mcnogna, it shines in choreography of the action and the way the show as a whole is written from lore to the characters to the interactions they have.

All the feels...... But yea was a good cliffhanger to depart on

Its kinda sad to see the team split apart due to injuries/taken back by family and because of a death. But hey at least they formed another rag tag team to find the answers they're looking for.

Edited by Caradius

Just finished watching the finale, just....why, why did things have to go so wrong? ;_;

The cliffhanger at the end was pretty good.

And now, the wait for volume 4 begins........do time machines exist? I would love to jump to the future