RWBY thread?

2f61717c8d.jpg

Well, it's the most natural place for me to start here.

A bit late for the Vol 3 Finale discussion here, but looks like Arkos got a new ship name. Titanic. And I think RT took the heart-pierced-by-an-arrow logo of Valentine's Day a bit too seriously.

Edited by Astrapolis

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RWBY thread?

2f61717c8d.jpg

Well, it's the most natural place for me to start here.

A bit late for the Vol 3 Finale discussion here, but looks like Arkos got a new ship name. Titanic. And I think RT took the heart-pierced-by-an-arrow logo of Valentine's Day a bit too seriously.

As soon as Pyrrha kissed Jaune, I thought, "Yep. She's gonna die." Her VA confirmed it on Twitter too.

I mean, the ship did sail. Just a hit a big fucking iceberg in the way.

Oh well. Who do you suppose gets the next canonized ship? My bets are on Ren and Nora, though I can see Bumblebee in the future. Really, all fine with me, as long as they don't do Ruby and Jaune (Lancaster, iirc). Or White Rose, for that matter.

Jesus Christ, is shipping strong in this fandom.

I strangely feel like Torchwick could potentially come back looking like some sort of two-face kind of person with a couple burns from being on the ship after getting eaten.

roosterteeth has all but confirmed that he is dead

meaning hes dead but they can still bring him back if its convenient

Oh well. Who do you suppose gets the next canonized ship? My bets are on Ren and Nora, though I can see Bumblebee in the future. Really, all fine with me, as long as they don't do Ruby and Jaune (Lancaster, iirc). Or White Rose, for that matter.

Jesus Christ, is shipping strong in this fandom.

dont remind me our fandom is stupid with the shipping

i really hope bumblebee never becomes canon

blake already has something going with sun and most of the bumblebee ship bait only came about because of the fandom

as for white rose... i feel like people who ship these two have never seen girl best friends before because thats clearly what ruby and weiss are

ren and nora are the only two i could actually see in a real relationship

nora has shown real life signs of liking ren since they were introduced "We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not 'together-together'... Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?" she brings up the idea of them being a couple and immediately shoots it down to cover her tracks which is something girls do in real life

my guess is ren knows nora likes him but cant commit to a relationship right now because of something from his past and he doesnt want to hurt noras feelings so until hes ready hes just letting her carry on in her nora way

well those are my least negitive shipping thoughts anyone have any rebuttal on any of them

my normal debate buddy hukuna fulmine hasnt been around lately and im going through withdrawal

Edited by dragoniteborntacoz

• Veterans

roosterteeth has all but confirmed that he is dead

meaning hes dead but they can still bring him back if its convenient

He's dead. He's absolutely 100% dead, this was confirmed by one of the people of the team during a RT stream. Torchwick was never supposed to be a main antagonist but rather a side character, but his voice actor did his job so well and people really liked him, so they kept adding more of Roman to the story. However, his death in V3E11 is finite, so he's forever gone. Sorry buddy :V

He's dead. He's absolutely 100% dead, this was confirmed by one of the people of the team during a RT stream. Torchwick was never supposed to be a main antagonist but rather a side character, but his voice actor did his job so well and people really liked him, so they kept adding more of Roman to the story. However, his death in V3E11 is finite, so he's forever gone. Sorry buddy :V

yeah thats what i heard but i also heard that they never out right said he was dead just used terms like "gone" and stuff like that

i didnt watch the stream so i was going of what i saw other people say

its sad and i really wish he had a better death worthy of the only truly sad thing that happened volume 3 (penny? pyrrha? righty? who are they?) but now that i see kind of where volume 4 is going it makes sense to take him out

he was a city crook and if we are going to be seeing ruby and JNR traveling by foot outside of the kingdoms roman would be out of his element

i just hope neo makes a return bent on revenge

Edited by dragoniteborntacoz

yeah thats what i heard but i also heard that they never out right said he was dead just used terms like "gone" and stuff like that

i didnt watch the stream so i was going of what i saw other people say

its sad and i really wish he had a better death worthy of the only truly sad thing that happened volume 3 (penny? pyrrha? righty? who are they?) but now that i see kind of where volume 4 is going it makes sense to take him out

he was a city crook and if we are going to be seeing ruby and JNR traveling by foot outside of the kingdoms roman would be out of his element

i just hope neo makes a return bent on revenge

I hope you aren't trying to imply nobody cared about Penny or Pyrrha. And like I said, Torchwick went out well considering he wasn't meant to be a big time villain. Besides, bringing back dead characters is a dumb thing and takes away their meaning and impact. Imagine if Pyrrha just came back, they could just go "oh but they can be brought back because pyrrha did x and y" every time a character dies.

I hope you aren't trying to imply nobody cared about Penny or Pyrrha. And like I said, Torchwick went out well considering he wasn't meant to be a big time villain. Besides, bringing back dead characters is a dumb thing and takes away their meaning and impact. Imagine if Pyrrha just came back, they could just go "oh but they can be brought back because pyrrha did x and y" every time a character dies.

your new here so ill explain what i was implying

i dont get attached to fictional characters so i didnt find any of there deaths sad not even torchwicks

but roman was the only of the 3 that i cared about so i was joking about not knowing who penny and pyrrha are (and then adding in yangs right arm cuz i though that joke deserved a hand)

it was a joke some of the others who have seen my reactions to there deaths would understand

also i agree with the bringing back dead characters thing

unless it was planned from the start in a really good way (i have seen it done before) it does just get annoying and i wasnt saying that i want them to bring him back just that they could with the way he died (the grimm exploded quickly after eating him)