• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

Not gonna lie i really hoped that nyan cat ripoff was going to get punched extremely hard in the face.

anywho.....

So who thinks that was fake pyrrha at the end.

That's either emerald, neo or the actual pyrrha, but we don't know until next week sadly :c

I'd still consider the possibility, yeah

well looks like im the odd one out here with my opinions

OK. OK. OKOKOK.

new episode. tl;dr couldn't run 720p b/c shitty computer, but hey cool trumpet dude and chill terra chic. also the battle theme. dayum.

anyways, another battle with robot girl and new accomplice. nice.(even though robot chick did all the fighting lmao)

was a pretty decent episode, best part was the killer music not gonna lie.

i thought this episode was better then ep 2 but not by much

the music was ok and i liked the flynt cole reference (for anyone who doesnt know thats a joke from achievement hunter) but i didnt like his character or weapon

same with his partner

they dont really fit with the rest of the people in this world and the cliche of "they will be professional oh wait they are huge goof balls" is WAY too overused

the fight was kind of meh but that might be because it came after episode fours fight which was epic (ive watched that battle like 50 times at this point)

"She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you."

"Oh, so Weiss."

"Precisely."

that was the only part of the episode i really liked

and that foreshadowing at the end... Cinder... you better leave Penny alone girl...

i think im the only one who isnt worried about penny

im more curious as to what cinders planing... i mean she could use penny to make the rest of the tournament even easier for merc or em (whichevers going to the singles fights im hoping for mercury)

but i feel like she has more planned for penny

Not gonna lie i really hoped that nyan cat ripoff was going to get punched extremely hard in the face.

anywho.....

So who thinks that was fake pyrrha at the end.

i dont care who it is im just happy team JNPR is going to finally be part of the main plot

they have just been annoying up till this point with there plot B

well thats all i have to say im going to go watch episode 4 for the 51st time

Man, I chuckled so hard when Ruby asked Penny if her teammate knew about her "Beep boop does not compute" thing. Absolute gold right there.

Speaking of Penny, it's pretty much confirmed now that Cinder will do something to her and/or take control over her. It was a popular theory anyways.

Highlight of the RWBY vs FNKY fight was the music (gotta love that I Burn) and Weiss' 'sacrifice', it really shows you how much she has grown as a character.

And finally, Pyrrha. That was certainly ominous, why would she smile like that? Maybe, as some of you said, it's not really her...

You guys have to take into account that just before that scene, Emerald was with Mercury and Cinder, who was plotting something about Penny.

Still, we have yet to see Neo in Beacon.

Not entirely true, Neo does make a bit of a cameo in the first fight with Merc, Em, and Cinder. Her hair was dyed though.

Cinder Fall is only saved by one thing, her voice actress is Jessica Nigri

Not entirely true, Neo does make a bit of a cameo in the first fight with Merc, Em, and Cinder. Her hair was dyed though.

lol, I don't agree. The voice acting for her is really cringe-worthy to me. Like, she's trying way too hard to sound evil. Like in the script I'm almost certain all of her lines end with three tildes and a cat face XD. It feels way to me that she's trying way to hard to come off as that cool customer evil lady, but it doesn't work for me lol. But that's me personally. Nothing wrong with people liking the character I'm sure some think she's awesome XD. It just don't work for me lol. But that's my opinion. and as we all know, all opinions are shitty XD.

I know, I meant outside of that battle. We haven't seen her in the crowd, or in her team's room. Makes you wonder where is she while everything is happening.

lol, I don't agree. The voice acting for her is really cringe-worthy to me. Like, she's trying way too hard to sound evil. Like in the script I'm almost certain all of her lines end with three tildes and a cat face XD. It feels way to me that she's trying way to hard to come off as that cool customer evil lady, but it doesn't work for me lol. But that's me personally. Nothing wrong with people liking the character I'm sure some think she's awesome XD. It just don't work for me lol. But that's my opinion. and as we all know, all opinions are shitty XD.

yeah i hate cinders voice acting

i thought she was getting better at it in volume 3s first few episodes but it went back to bad in episode 5

the only thing i like about her is her fighting and the fact that her name starts with a C because...

Cinder

Mercury

Emerald

Neo

they are team CMEN

Next sneak peek is up!

Yang vs Merc hype! this fight has been teased since Vol. 2, so I'm ready.

Honestly, I doubt that Yang wins, at least legitimately. Maybe Merc surrenders or something.

Also, goddammit Ozpin, 2cryptic4me.

so... yang vs merc.

i like it. two melee fighters going head to head. now roosterteeth, don't pull a coco for this match pretty please? i know these matches are staged for the bad guys to win, but still... this is a freaking main character ;A;

also, that cryptic message from ozpin. it is pretty much confirmed at this point that pyrrha is gonna be in the middle of all of this. from merc 'fighting' her and figuring out her semblance to ozpin -probably- making her their 'guardian' she is probably gonna have to make some important decision sooner or later.

this season is getting pretty hype guys! im excited to what roosterteeth pulls next :D

((Word of warning, I've probably massively butchered the spelling of some of the names... oops? Thing is, if you know who I mean that's all that matters XD.))

Remember, Ozpin already he can't PICK the guardian. They just appear. So even if he thinks it's her, and he tells her, he could be completely wrong. And, knowing as much about writing as I do, even if he thinks it's her it's not her. It's too easy. She's easily the perfect warrior character, the one who's obviously the one someone would think is a guardian. Imo... makes it a bit too on the nose. That they are intentionally doing this to put a focus on her even if she isn't. After all, it's a pretty big growth moment. She's used to always be the one in the limelight important etc etc... however, finding out that you weren't for once would be pretty big. I just think that while she and the rest of JNPR are going to brought more into the plot probably as a result, that doesn't that she is the Guardian for sure. I think it'll be main or sub main cast whoever this "guardian" ends up being in reality. I personally have the feeling it might be Jaune since Pyhrra in particular noticed his aura was stupidly powerful even though he's got 0 idea what his semblance is. I personally just have that feeling. Could be deeeeeeeead wrong. I mean... the "guardian" could just all be a fad and end up as the "we were all the Guardian in the end" bull honky that some shows of this genre are want to do. We really don't don't much to go on for now. I'd like to see how the rest of this Season unfolds, but we've got a lot of loose ends hanging out.

((EDIT, scratch that one part. I watched back the last episode jsut to make sure there's no Gender-lock thing due to how the series is set up... however Ozpin strictly mentions that "Maidens" just appear in reference to the Guardians when Qrow's talking to him at the end of episode 5. I'm going to assume this means they are always female. However given we know so little about the whole thing... and it's seems there's two names for it for... some reason, who knows. I'm sure we'll learn more in the next episode.))

Like, we still don't know what the hell Cinder's plan is... like... really... we've got no clue what they are doing ((other than the surface level stuff that we know they are up to something)) or why they are doing it. Qrow name dropped an Autumn who we don't know and that the Infiltrator is responsible for her condition, something we know nothing about. ((we can can guess that the infiltrator is one Cinder, Merc, or Em... but we don't know that for sure... there could be others form whatever this mystery thing is within Beacon as well.)) There's also this line "I've been out there and seen the things she's made, and let me tell you, they are fear." Who is this she? By the end of that conversation in Episode three we don't know either of those points. We're still missing a bit of the story. It's super hard to piece together alot of stuff when we're missing pieces still, we're not entirely sure what's going on yet. I'm sure we'll find out in time... but how long will that be?

Nothing is really all that confirmed since... we've seen like very little. It's actually kinda a garbage hype thing since it mostly is like "These thing you knew would probably happen are happening!!!" Though with this series they barely need to build hype as it is, it's popular as all hell and people are looking forward to the next episode without needed them to rebuild that. So, they really just need it to be a "Hey, New Episode is soon!" reminder really. So, I think we're seeing jsut what they want us t see to get people to be like oh these things are going to be said this episode!!!!, but we can't only take that as this means this. There's a lot of stuff floating around long term already that haven't been answered since really... the beginning of the series. There's something big at play here...but what? That's the question.

now roosterteeth, don't pull a coco for this match pretty please?

am i the only one who wasnt bothered at all by those two getting there butts kicked? i know that they are strong fighters but i think this just show how much stronger and skilled the bad guys are

not to mention that with mercurys fighting style once he gets close to you any long range weapons are useless

i think that was a very believable fight

and isnt that what team CFVY is for in this series? they are to compare the more important teams strangths so we can get an idea as to where everybody is

Though with this series they barely need to build hype as it is

they could do without some of the extra hype like the "next time on RWBY"

as soon as i saw the trailer for ep 5 i lost most of my hype because of how lame it looked

OH MY GAWD. WAT.

So may I say "F*ck Miles and Kerry!!"? This has to be one of the worst/best cliffhangers in RWBY, because we won't get a new episode 'til next year...

Okay! First up, Pyrrha and the Maidens. It was nice, more than I expected, actually. Saw a comment about something that cought my eye.. Remember that in Vol. 1 Blake was reading a book about man with 2 souls fight for control of his body? Probably not, but could be foreshadowing.

Yang vs Merc. It was kinda dissappointing tbh. Can't really tell if Merc lost on purpose, but I believe he did, only for Cinder's plan. Speaking of which...

Yang's leg-breaking "issue". We know it's rigged, but how? An illusion? By who? Neo? Emerald? Camera angle? Dust joints everyone smoked? Who knows! But why Yang though? Cinder knew she was onto them? Too many questions!

Yang's leg-breaking "issue". We know it's rigged, but how? An illusion? By who? Neo? Emerald?

I'm personally betting on Neo. Pretty sure she was the one that cast the illusion during Em and Merc's fight with Coco and Yatsu. Most likely Neo placed an illusion on Yang to make her think she was being attacked, when in reality nothing happened. That's why the cameras show her just hitting Mercury. Also, another note. Ironwood said he thinks he knows how to transfer Aura, so I'm wondering, whose Aura did he take to give to Penny?

So may I say "F*ck Miles and Kerry!!"? This has to be one of the worst/best cliffhangers in RWBY, because we won't get a new episode 'til next year...

they have been doing that in RvB for a while not to this extent but still

Yang vs Merc. It was kinda dissappointing

not the best fight but waaaaaaayyyyyy better then the previous episodes

But why Yang though? Cinder knew she was onto them?

my guess is she was the easiest for mercury to "lose" to

with her semblance could get mercury down to no aura once she took enough damage

Most likely Neo placed an illusion on Yang to make her think she was being attacked

my thought is she placed an illusion on everyone else

i mean it looked like yang just walked up and punched mercury where in reality yang was walking away from him

also want to point out some things i noticed

mercurys cyclone of bullets hitting yang was a great reference to dead fantasy

the season team RT has brought up wasnt biased on names like everyone thought... clever

we may soon get to see Goliaths fight if that strike does what i think it will (bring the grimm to the festival)

and im going to predict that raven will make an appearance again soon

my thought is she placed an illusion on everyone else

i mean it looked like yang just walked up and punched mercury where in reality yang was walking away from him

But, that's why her putting an Illusion on everyone else makes zero sense.

1. It probably be a lot harder to do that to an entire arena of people AND THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT IS WATCHING THE LIVE BROADCAST ((not yelling just emphasis... cause uh... that's a lot of damn people XD.)), than just a single person, Yang. Remember they showed the scene in Episode one of people all over the world watching... I don't anyone is so powerful their semblance can effect that many people.

2. Cameras don't lie, the footage definitely couldn't be doctored that quickly even if Cinder knew about it beforehand... and she also left the arena ((since she obviously knew what was about to happen she had no need to watch.)), therefore she wouldn't see exactly when it happened and be able to do it all that quickly, unless she's like so good she could do that in a couple seconds and I highly highly doubt that. Basically if the illusion was on everyone else, the camera would reveal what really happened because it's a machine and you can't affect a machine with an illusion, machines only ever record exactly what they see because they don't have minds and can't be influenced. Illusions are tricks on the mind and how it perceives things by messing with their sensory organs ((things that effect sight, taste, hearing, etc...)) which.. a cmaera being a piece of techonolgy, does not have. Therefore the Illusion had to be directly used on Yang otherwise the footage would show that what had occurred was a lie and she was just defending herself.

Also... while it could be Neo's... it can also be Em's semblance too. I mean... she's been present every time we've seen it be used ((she runs up to Mercury after Yang breaks his leg.)) and Neo didn't appear in that episode at all, or in fight with Coco... and... guy with hard name to spell. Like she straight up wasn't in those episodes, she wasn't even shown in the stands with Cinder either time. TO me it more heavily implied to be Em's ability. The timing just seems to need to be her in the Coco and Hard to spell guy's fight, like it happens really close to when Mercury takes him out after they intentionally split them up. The Scoreboard also displays the Aura Levels so pretty sure Em could see it even from the arena. I dunno, it just seems more like they are implying that that power belongs to Em since she is present every time it's used. But, that's just me.

But, that's why her putting an Illusion on everyone else makes zero sense.

1. It probably be a lot harder to do that to an entire arena of people AND THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT IS WATCHING THE LIVE BROADCAST ((not yelling just emphasis... cause uh... that's a lot of damn people XD.)), than just a single person, Yang. Remember they showed the scene in Episode one of people all over the world watching... I don't anyone is so powerful their semblance can effect that many people.

2. Cameras don't lie, the footage definitely couldn't be doctored that quickly even if Cinder knew about it beforehand... and she also left the arena ((since she obviously knew what was about to happen she had no need to watch.)), therefore she wouldn't see exactly when it happened and be able to do it all that quickly, unless she's like so good she could do that in a couple seconds and I highly highly doubt that. Basically if the illusion was on everyone else, the camera would reveal what really happened because it's a machine and you can't affect a machine with an illusion, machines only ever record exactly what they see because they don't have minds and can't be influenced. Illusions are tricks on the mind and how it perceives things by messing with their sensory organs ((things that effect sight, taste, hearing, etc...)) which.. a cmaera being a piece of techonolgy, does not have. Therefore the Illusion had to be directly used on Yang otherwise the footage would show that what had occurred was a lie and she was just defending herself.

Also... while it could be Neo's... it can also be Em's semblance too. I mean... she's been present every time we've seen it be used ((she runs up to Mercury after Yang breaks his leg.)) and Neo didn't appear in that episode at all, or in fight with Coco... and... guy with hard name to spell. Like she straight up wasn't in those episodes, she wasn't even shown in the stands with Cinder either time. TO me it more heavily implied to be Em's ability. The timing just seems to need to be her in the Coco and Hard to spell guy's fight, like it happens really close to when Mercury takes him out after they intentionally split them up. The Scoreboard also displays the Aura Levels so pretty sure Em could see it even from the arena. I dunno, it just seems more like they are implying that that power belongs to Em since she is present every time it's used. But, that's just me.

your assuming neos illusions work on a persons mind

ever since i saw her in action ive thought she was manipulating light to cast illusions

like when we first saw her help roman escape we say yang shatter the illusion like something was there. so a screen of light with the image of neo and roman perhaps

it would also explain her eyes because if she was altering peoples minds to create illusions she would have to be doing that constantly while shes disguised to anyone around her that might see her eyes

but with my theory she could easly change the color of her eyes by changing what light her irises reflect

so what i think happened is neo put a projection of yang just punching mercury that everyone else saw including the cameras

however thats just my theory i could be wrong but i cant believe that mercury attacking yang was an illusion that just doesnt make sense

yang was walking away from him so he had to have jumped at her to get hit

your assuming neos illusions work on a persons mind

ever since i saw her in action ive thought she was manipulating light to cast illusions

like when we first saw her help roman escape we say yang shatter the illusion like something was there. so a screen of light with the image of neo and roman perhaps

it would also explain her eyes because if she was altering peoples minds to create illusions she would have to be doing that constantly while shes disguised to anyone around her that might see her eyes

but with my theory she could easly change the color of her eyes by changing what light her irises reflect

so what i think happened is neo put a projection of yang just punching mercury that everyone else saw including the cameras

however thats just my theory i could be wrong but i cant believe that mercury attacking yang was an illusion that just doesnt make sense

yang was walking away from him so he had to have jumped at her to get hit

Except for the fact we know Yang knows she intentionally hit him, just she thought she was doing it out of self defense. She clearly shows confusion, but not the "Wait I did what?" kind of it, she knew exactly what she did. She eve starts sayin "yea, you got what you deserved... or something along those lines." before she grasps the situation meaning she intentionally did it, it can't be a trick that way cause it wouldn't make sense, she'd hit the illusion and it shatter...

Also how does light talk? I can understand that in that fight Mercury was still in earshot, so he could've said it, however, in the fight with Coco and guy's name I don't feel like looking up to spell, Coco was nowhere near him when the image of him showed up. It has to be an illusion that effects senses for that too work. Light can't talk to you since a reflection doesn't make sound. Then again who knows the rules on that I suppose?

Your also assuming it's Neo who doing it, who we have no evidence of being at the scene. Why would it be the ability of someone we've never seen anywhere near the area while it's happening? That makes zero sense to me. She's not be been present at all anytime it's happened. Why would that lead to being her ability? it makes for more sense it's Em doing it since we know she's been there in both incidences. We know she was physically there. If it was Neo's power... wouldn't they show her somewhere at some point? As I said Earlier, she's not even shown in the stands with Cinder in the first or second fight. To me it seems like stretch to connect her at all to the happenings as a result.