i like the world of remnants because its a great way to show the world to the viewers without trying to integrate it into the story where it may not fit well

some stories that need to explain the differences between there world and ours and it can really be a pace breaker

i also really like in depth worlds and lore

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it's an unfornate situation that in a series it's not really the place to explain it in the story unless it's integral to the plot to be as such. However, a sorta side series ((like Remnants.)) that explains those things are freaking awesome. I kinda wish they were longer if I'm to be honest cause I love lore etc... and worldbuilding. ((considering I've written a world like setting)) so they are some of my favourite things from the series to be honest. But I'm that guy who likes the Simahardashelltospell more than the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit... cause well I'm weird XD>

Both of you express the reasons why I like it, more so than the plot the premise is what makes me enjoy a story so a series like World of Remnant is amazing awesome. But

each episode kind of is pointless and doesn't shed much light on anything.

The episode on Grimm was literally a repeat of things we got told in the week beforehand's episode

The episode on the Vytal Festival, the only piece of new information was that the arena itself was an airship but that would have been figured out really quickly the next week when you would get to see that the arena is an airship

and this latest one on Huntsmen only shed a little light on how Atlas attempted to make their students more militarised than the other schools but this is an assumption most people had already come to and easily could have been explained in the main series.

World of Remnant is a great concept but horrible execution and if you back and watch them you notice that they don't really tell you anything new.

to be fair the festival WoR was meant to hype up volume 3

also not everyone can put two and two together like i didnt see the hole special ops huntsman in the last episode

however yeah the volume 2 WoRs were pretty obvious but as roosterteeth is a group that tends to make episodes as the season starts small series like this give the animators a bit more time and at least give us something to look at

Didn't the WoR Dust episode aired before we knew Cinder had "sewed" dust in her clothing? I can't quite remember...

I feel like WoR exists for two reasons:

1) Explain basic lore and/or Remnant's mechanics

2) Foreshadow future events to happen in the series.

I personally like them, but I wish they would be longer, at least 5 minutes... I remember that in volume 2 we had to wait over 2 weeks for a 1 minute and 30 seconds of WoR. That was truly awful.

Yes and no, since CInder did appear before that was a thing, however it was sorta hard to tell that was happening before Dance Dance Infiltration. Now looking back at Episode 1 it's a bit more obvious than it first seemed however.

Also while yes we could gather that Atlas's was a bit more Militaristic, we didn't know that the other Nations frowned upon it because Huntsmen are supposed to be free to choose who they align with while they pressure them into joining the Special Ops. That might not sound like a lot, but that being confirmed is... pretty important. Since it's a point of contention that can possibly be pushed in the coming days. It also makes Ironwood make a heck of a lot more sense ((and of course he's the reason people assumed Atlas was more militaristic since he's the big show boaty "my firepower will deter anything" guy.)) and why him being allowed in the inner circle in the first place was a big risk, let alone that it is now. ((since it's been pointed at that it is by Qrow who hasn't really known about anything that happened recently other than stuff he heard off hand or not liking Ironwood in general... which it seems he doesn't like the guy period XD.)) It kinda confirms though that's there's quite a bit of contention with Atlas already by the other kingdoms and that Ozpin letting Ironwood into the Inner Circle was a lot more bold of a move than it first seemed.

That's despite how shifty Ironwood looks and how everyone already thinks he's in League with the bad guys. Personally I think he's just the dumb meathead who just cant's see his own faults and thinks he's always right. He means well, but thinks force and show of power is the most important thing, and that they are the only real avenue.

But yea, they don't give you a buttload of extra stuff but it's stuff that explains what's going on or explains stuff without outright coming out at you and explaining it in straight dialog which is always clumsy and awkward, least imo. Expositional stuff is always just... eh... in the dialog cause it feels forced and out of place. It's why those characters that have no idea about the world they are in exist. So that there's a logical reason for someone who should know about their own world explaining something to somebody else. That's kinda what WoR gets rid of them ever needing cause nobody had to explain why the Arena existed in the episode we first saw it, we knew it existed and where it came from already cause they told us in another series and they didn't waste time doing it in the episode. It's the same here since no one has to explain it in text and it's now confirmed. We know for a 100% fact that Atlas is militaristic to the point the other Kingdoms etc... aren't too fond of it. And no one had to straight up say it in the dialog. It expands in a way that gives us a lot in a short burst and gives the main series the comfort of being able to go forth in the plot and assume people will now what they are talking about so they don't spend time going over stuff. The Grimm one I'll admit was pretty ill-timed since we learned most of that already and it didn't add much, however imo the others hit when they were due to. They explained a bit without giving away a bunch and used it as a tool to explain stuff without taking time out in an episode and confirming something about the world. ((which having something be 100% a sure thing is much better than oh I could see that was a thing cause they hinted at it. You'd still not actually know that way however 100% and could find out later you were... kinda wrong which changes how you'd look at things.))

If the series was longer however, I have a feeling it just wouldn't be watched. Lore stuff is typically not well received by the public since they can't be bothered most times, so if it was a nice fleshed out and long episode we might not see quite as many dip in. However, maybe with how crazy about the series the fanbase is they would here, I dunno XD.

• Veterans

RT actually released the Coming Up Next on RWBY early!

What do you guys think? CFVY is getting worfed, but damn, Emmy got a lot creepier.

yoOOOOOO coco better be okay though

if something happens to her i'll be extremely sad

on youtube you see everyone is sooooooooo worried coco is going to die

im pretty sure that would disqualify emerald and mercury

also judging by how easly she tore through the nevermore she has a lot of aura so shes going to be fine just knocked out of the match

also shes not real so if something did happen to her it still wouldnt matter (i am a waifu hater come at me)

yoOOOOOO coco better be okay though

if something happens to her i'll be extremely sad

YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH MY WAIFU!!!

on youtube you see everyone is sooooooooo worried coco is going to die

im pretty sure that would disqualify emerald and mercury

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Emerald and Mercury's plan does not involve killing Coco and/or Yatsuhashi, since that would compromise their cover at Beacon and therefore, Cinder's scheme.

Personally, I think CFVY just got a terrible match up with Emerald and Mercury (maybe that's why Cinder choose them). Coco being a slowed down by her massive gatling gun and Yatsu being so big in general against 2 pretty fast fighters.

also shes not real so if something did happen to her it still wouldnt matter (i am a waifu hater come at me)

I'll take the bait. So? People don't like when the characters they love die or get injured, it's only natural. Also, we know you don't like that kind of stuff, but you don't have to bring it or try to instigate an argument everytime you see stuff like this, it's hardly the place.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Emerald and Mercury's plan does not involve killing Coco and/or Yatsuhashi, since that would compromise their cover at Beacon and therefore, Cinder's scheme.

Personally, I think CFVY just got a terrible match up with Emerald and Mercury (maybe that's why Cinder choose them). Coco being a slowed down by her massive gatling gun and Yatsu being so big in general against 2 pretty fast fighters.

Considering we've yet to see death in the series that's not a Grimm I don't think we'll see any humans characters kick the bucket anytime soon if at all. ((least not that I remember.)) Not saying it could never happen, but now? Probably not... I just don't think outside of Grimm this will be that sort of series.

There's nothing wrong with holding a dislike of something((I'm not a huge fan of the Waifu thing either or am I a fan of shipping.)), however, let's drop the "come at me Bro" attitude about things. You can discuss something without resorting to that, and even if others are conversing as such about something you don't like, just leave them be. It doesn't harm you and you can just not address that part of something if you don't like it. There's plenty of shipping stuff being talked about in here, but I'm not just going to be like "Eeeeeeew, shipping is stupid." I highly detest it, however I take the road of just not responding to it. It doesn't harm me if people have their ships, nor does it effect my enjoyment of the show. I don't see the point of getting up up and arms over somebody else doing something. Just because they do it doesn't me you're required to, and just because you don't do it, doesn't mean they are required to stop.

In short, Nothing wrong with not liking it. But I'm not having these "Come at me!" things going on. People can have their own opinion just as much as you, your own. Opinions cannot be right they can only exist. Therefore let's not be instigating. Let's keep it civil folks, this is a place to discuss a series that we have a mutual liking in, discuss it. This is the place for that particular discussion, not others.

Considering we've yet to see death in the series that's not a Grimm I don't think we'll see any humans characters kick the bucket anytime soon if at all. ((least not that I remember.)) Not saying it could never happen, but now? Probably not... I just don't think outside of Grimm this will be that sort of series.

There's been death in the series tho.

Tuckson from the bookstore at the beginning of Volume 2 and multiple Faunus in the tunnels at the end of the same volume.

While minor deaths, it opens the possibility of characters REALLY dying. Of course, I still don't think someone from the main teams will die, at least not yet.

Edited by RasenShot

I'll take the bait. So? People don't like when the characters they love die or get injured, it's only natural. Also, we know you don't like that kind of stuff, but you don't have to bring it or try to instigate an argument everytime you see stuff like this, it's hardly the place.

yeah sorry about that im used to talking on youtube comments where hate and war is in abundance and im still getting used to this forum where people are descent

ill try to shift gears when im here from now on

now to get back on the topic of RWBY

what do you all think of volume three so far and the changes that have been made with monty oum gone

so far im ok with the slight change in animation in fact i love the mouth movement

i think they are going a bit too heavy with the anime humor now and i really hated episode 2

but over all im liking what im seeing

yeah sorry about that im used to talking on youtube comments where hate and war is in abundance and im still getting used to this forum where people are descent

ill try to shift gears when im here from now on

now to get back on the topic of RWBY

what do you all think of volume three so far and the changes that have been made with monty oum gone

so far im ok with the slight change in animation in fact i love the mouth movement

i think they are going a bit too heavy with the anime humor now and i really hated episode 2

but over all im liking what im seeing

On the first point yea, Youtube Comments are the pits lol. We're not exactly like that so no need to think we'll get hostile on you man lol. Don't do it to us and we'll not do it to you lol

ANd I've liked every episode but two... Two's pacing is just super off and I don't know why. The fights felt a bit too... jokey and not like actual fights. The humour was good, but the animation and the fight scenes were just... not very great. Like it felt slow as a result and I really didn't care for that episode. ((and was dreading the rest of the Season might go that way.)) Episode 3 really made it up in spades though and I think that fight was the best fight scene in the series thus far.

Hey, did anyone noticed how Weiss summon could be the Knight from the White trailer or something similar? We also got info on hereditary Semblances. Some are, while others don't.

And is Yang that stupid to not ask her uncle about the woman in team STRQ that's so similar to the one that saved her? That's what annoyed me the most in this episode.

Merc was savage tho, it also looks like Em's semblance is shape-shifting.

I imagine there was some trickery in that fight that we just won't understand for a bit. What they did dunno XD. But they knew who their opponents were ahead of time. They had carefully laid plans.

Merc's alright, I think he's the only one of those guys I like right now. Neo we've not seen enough of for me, Cinder is annoying((think I've explained why I don't like her.)) and Em... I'm still not sure how to feel about. I kinda actually want to see her do some fighting. We've only really seen her finish off people so far or have it cut away from the fight ((like we didn't see what happened with Tukson in the Opener of Season 2, we just know he's probably mincemeat.))

Also, yea the thing about Yang not asking is... strange, but as dictated by the plot it's apparently not time for that yet. We'll learn in time I suppose.

ANd on Weiss's summoning... possibly. The sword might have been a hint at that however... we still don't know what that whole sequence actually was. In fact... we don't really know what the others were about entirely either. We do know that they are all before the main story ((as Blake is with Adam still and we know she leaves the White Fang for some reason pertaining to him. Also that Yang's is mentioned as happening due to the way Junior reacts to her when she shows up at the club again.)) Therefore, I think it's safe to assume whatever is going on in that scene... already happened. Perhaps we'll find out more later. There's a lot of like loose ends in this series right now. Is that bad? Probably not since it gives us stuff to look forward to being divulged. We do know that some Semblances are passed down while others are unique. That's good to know. ((and by how Winter mentioned it, it's more unlikely for the Hereditary version, least I got that impression fro the way she talked about it.))

Can;t wait for the next Episode though... I have a feeling something big's going to happen in some fashion. Not really sure what... I just got that tingly feeling in my gut XD.

OK. OK. OKOKOK.

new episode. tl;dr couldn't run 720p b/c shitty computer, but hey cool trumpet dude and chill terra chic. also the battle theme. dayum.

anyways, another battle with robot girl and new accomplice. nice.(even though robot chick did all the fighting lmao)

was a pretty decent episode, best part was the killer music not gonna lie.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that was some jazzy jazz. Dem trumpets were tight. Dat Brass. That Trumpet Player was one cooooooool cat. His teammate was obnoxious though.

((and that foreshadowing at the end... Cinder... you better leave Penny alone girl... you don't know what beehive/another things that should be left alone, you're pokin' darlin'.))

Oh hey I didn't even know this was a thread :o. Has to be one of the only animated series I keep track of and the new season has been great, most notably Qrow's appearance <33

Qrow's easily me favourite. He's damn well written and has a great voice actor that really brings him to life. He's the perfect Jerk with a Heart of Gold.Cracks wise, but is actually likable, and a little charming XD. I love 'im. Can't wait til we see how badass he really is since he was definitely holding back in that fight with Winter. I know, and you all know it XD.

Nyan Cat and Louis Armstrong on the same team. Nice. Also, did yall see that smirk on Pyrrha's face at the end? Something's up.

But this is the overall golden moment from this episode:

"She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you."

"Oh, so Weiss."

"Precisely."

XD

Nyan Cat and Louis Armstrong on the same team. Nice. Also, did yall see that smirk on Pyrrha's face at the end? Something's up.

But this is the overall golden moment from this episode:

"She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you."

"Oh, so Weiss."

"Precisely."

XD

Basically me during the whole episode:

"I bet Yang is gonna go super saiyan"

"Oh hey nice moves Weiss"

"She just went super saiyan"