Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

- They will only see the team as it is registered with us. You don't have to make your complete status screen known to us, just the Pokémon and movesets.

- Whichever format they choose to battle in, is completely up to them. They can either adapt to the current situation, or stand by their favored battle format and use that all the time. It's really all up to their preference/mood.

Will challengers be informed of the format before said battle and be given the opportunity to shift EVs/Items or is there no policy on that as well?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, the move is "Hidden Power". The type depends on the IVs. We can change those freely, so you should register just the name of the move "Hidden Power".

While I do agree that it should be like this, I just assumed that when they said all moves have to be the same, that included even the typing of the Hidden Power. Apparently, the Gym Leaders are not to be suprised by any of the moves that you use.

Quick question: Can we change ivs and gender between battles like abilities, evs and items?

With the ivs we can change the HP type giving different coverage each time to a pokemon (or play some mind games with minimum or max speed)

Also if someone for a reason wants to use attract/captivate/cute charm etc. if he uses the same gender gym leaders will always know what gender they pokemons have to be.

- You can change IV's however you like, but once you set a Hidden Power, it cannot be changed.

- Who even uses Attract/Captivate/Cute Charm when there's a dozen of things that counter them to hell and back? I can see it being a valid "strategy", but I can also see it not being used. Just being reasonable here, if you want to opt for that strategy, go for it. Gym leaders can change genders whenever they feel like it, as can you, as challenger. The only thing you register with us, are your team members & movesets. We don't need to know anything regarding EV's, IV's, genders, happiness or whatever.

Will challengers be informed of the format before said battle and be given the opportunity to shift EVs/Items or is there no policy on that as well?

The format for the leader you challenge will be made known before you battle them.

Regarding the Hidden Power thing:

Don't forget we're playing on Showdown, meaning that you can choose whatever type of Hidden Power you'd like to use, while keeping any and all IV you want, regardless of the amount of total IV's your Pokémon has. I wouldn't worry about being able to change IV's, as you're free to do so, but once you choose a Hidden Power type, it stays that way, even if you change your IV's accordingly. It's up to you to make sure your Hidden Power doesn't change when we register your team.

I'm either confused/out of the loop, but is there a triple battle option on Showdown? I heard Dashie mention something about Triples...

Triple battles is a little confusing, but it's on there. And oh yeah there will be triple battles which are kind of something a bit different than double battles. You will see all 3 types of battles so it's best to get a general idea of them.

Newsflash! Redemption League leaders swapped?!

"This is Grapevine Gallade, reporting to you live from the Redemption League HQ with shocking news! It turns out that during some sort of tryout qualification, two of the Redemption League's leaders were forced to forfeit their position to a differently ranked leader. This is outsta- Hold on, I think that- Yes, it is! That's Elliot! Let's see if we can inch closer to get a potential interview right here and now, folks!"

G.Gallade: "Elliot, Elliot! Grapevine Gallade for the Reborn Reader, mind if I get a quick interview with you regarding the current situation?!"

Elliot: "Oh, uh.. Yeah, sure thing.."

G.Gallade: "So, what's this I've heard? You're swapping positions?! With who and why? Tell the viewers and readers every single juicy detail you've got!"

Elliot: "I, uh.. The League hosts were so impressed with my battling, that they've decided to put me up to the second bracket.. In exchange for Nicholas.. That's really all I can say, unfortunately."

G.Gallade: "Wait, wait, what?! Nicholas is being dropped to the first bracket? I would've imagined an Electric-type leader had potential to hold himself in battles with ease, with Electric-types being so shockingly versatile.. Alright, is there anything you want to say to your growing fan-base?"

Elliot: "Fan.. base..? Um. I have no idea what to actually say, so.. Hope to see you all soon..?"

My word, what exciting news.. I don't really think Nicholas will be up for an interview- I just saw him walk off staring at the ground and his Magnezone trying to clear the way for him to get to his car- Yeah, I won't bother Nicholas for an interview right now.

I wonder who else will be swapped out. Someone from the top six? Wait is that- Rainbow-colored mane.. Lightning bolt mark- That has to be her! The Redemption League host herself! I can't miss this opportunity now, can I?!

G.Gallade: "Miss Dash! Miss Dash, over here! Grapevine Gallade reporting for the Reborn Reader, do you have time for a few questions?"

Dashie: "..If you insist, but can we make this quick? I have an enormous amount of things to do in preparation for the Redemption League."

G.Gallade: "This won't take long at all! I've just had a word with Elliot regarding his swap with Nicholas, what brought forth the ultimate decision to do this?"

Dashie: "Simply said, we might've overestimated Nick's potential to place him in the second bracket, and after additional testing, we decided to swap around Elliot, who has shown a ton of battle potential- and Nicholas around. This doesn't mean Nicholas will remain in the first bracket forever, it all depends on how well he picks back up on his vibe to shock his opponents into defeat. Time will tell. Next question, please."

G.Gallade: "My, you definitely are the busy one indeed.. So apparently two other leaders are being swapped, mind telling the viewers and readers who they are?"

Dashie: "Unfortunately, this is true. We have found out that Helen might pose a bit too much of a challenge early on, so we decided to swap her around for one of the third bracket's leaders, Venus. Ve- Venus! Come say hello."

p5tw2Cj.png

Venus: Well, what do we have here- I usually don't really give out an interview to anyone who isn't a human reporter, especially if they're not cute- But you're quite the cutie. Tell me, do you have a Trainer? Oh wait, silly me. I kinda don't like your.. Type. Too bad."

G.Gallade: "Er-hem. And who might you be, miss?"

Venus: "You can call me Venus, hon. I was originally in the third bracket, but woe is me, I was swapped to the second bracket for loud-mouth over there. It's alright, though. This gives me a chance to let my Pokémon go wild earlier than expected."

G.Gallade: "Is that so? You don't like my type and your Pokémon can go.. Wild.. Noted down, thanks! One more question for you miss Dash; When do you expect to be ready to take challengers? This month? Next month? I'm sure our viewers and readers are anxious to know when they get to challenge the League!"

Dashie: "As of right now, we're currently undergoing extreme training sessions and as such, I cannot clearly state when we're 100% ready to take challengers just yet. If I had to give this a reasonable guess, I'd have to say we should be ready within the next 4 weeks at most, depending on whether situations change or not. If that is all, I should really be going back to my office, I only really came out to catch a breather from the work I've been swamped in these past 48 hours."

G.Gallade: "Not to worry, thanks for the interview and good luck with all the stuff behind the scenes!"

Dashie: "You're welcome."

Well, that was quite the good haul for me, snagged a few interviews and got to know a thing or two.. I wonder if I'll get more juicy information out of the leaders as I find them hanging out casually or not..

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out for the day.

I wonder who else will be swapped out. Someone from the top six? Wait is that- Rainbow-colored mane.. Lightning bolt mark- That has to be her! The Redemption League host herself! I can't miss this opportunity now, can I?!

G.Gallade: "Miss Dash! Miss Dash, over here! Grapevine Gallade reporting for the Reborn Reader, do you have time for a few questions?"

...wut

Anyway, thank you thank you THANK YOU for swapping Helen out! Wonder what type Venus is and what her Ace is, though.

*Gives insightful yet ludicrous theory of some sort of other that is all for nothing as we will all find out who the leaders and what their types are in time*

Oh, wait.

My team is garbage.

Oh, wait.

That's because My team making skills are garbage.

Oh, wait.

It's okay, because my battling skills are also garbage.

Oh, wait.

Does that make me garbador?

But the better you are, the more success you'll have and the more success you have, the more fun will be the experience.. And if the scanner shows that you have a power level of under -9000 like me, there's not much space for fun to be had x.x at least if you're a gym leader and you lost all your battles (you would probably be replaced..) you would have fun with the whole role playing thing.

Hold on a sec, I'm being negative about something that's a free optional service.

*switches off hype dampers*