Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

Future Redemption League challengers, I bring you some exciting news.

The first bracket's leaders will introduce themselves shortly and make their respective types known for you to be mentally prepared for what they might have in store for you.

Each leader has a certain "ace" Pokémon, which is guaranteed to be on their team (hint hint wink wink), meaning that the other 5 members of their team will be unknown to you.

However, considering the fact that each leader has a set type they work with, you might be able to make wild guesses as to what might or might not be used on each leader's team.

Without further ado, presenting to you all;

-- Svczncn.pngOlivia, holder of the Blossom Badge 7cqZv6I.png - Grass-type Leader --

Olivia: "So uh. Hi. I'm Olivia and I'm in the first bracket for the Redemption League. -sigh- My stupid little twin brother is also part of this league and he always gets all the glory. I'll show him that Grass-types aren't easy to deal with."

Olivia: "I'll be waiting for you, challenger. Don't underestimate me!"

-- FayBcbB.png Elliot, holder of the Harmony Badge q4vw97s.png - Normal-type Leader --

Elliot: "Uh.. Hello- (Why did I do this again..? Ambipom, help me out here will ya?) My name's Elliot and I- Guess I'm also in the first bracket. I mean, I'm not all that into violence and stuff.. I'd rather not battle at all, and enjoy myself a nice cup of tea and a good book instead of this barbaric battling."

Ambipom: -shakes its head and pulls Elliot's scarf- "Ambii.."

Elliot: "Right, right. I came here to prove to myself that I'm able to withstand some sort of violence and hope I don't pass out from the intensity.. I guess I'll be seeing you soon, challenger! (Did I do it right?)"

(Dashie: "You did just fine, Elliot. Don't worry too much.")

-- jgCQkQX.pngAriel, holder of the Regal Badge vI78Ebi.png - Fairy-type Leader --

Ariel: "Who's this? Another person out for a challenge? That's rich. Listen up here, princess. You won't get my badge without a tussle. So if you want it so badly, you'd better be prepared to get knocked from here to the moon and back. I'm not going down without a fight."

(Dashie: "Jesus christ Ariel, relax-")

Ariel: "Don't tell ME to RELAX, PRINCESS. I make my own rules and you're definitely not the boss of me."

Dashie: "Actually- Technically.. I am-"

Ariel: "No, you're not. Now back off and let me do my thing. HEY. CHALLENGER. Don't you dare mock me, my Sylveon takes on chumps like you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ta-ta, princess."

Okay- Well that went smooth.

So there you have 'em folks, the first three Redemption League leaders. Better get ready for a fight- These leaders don't mess around. -sighs-

On that note, I'd say we're at.. Probably 70% completion when it comes to spriting overall? 60? I have no clue, we have 4 amazing spriters (Baz/Nova/Azery/Shia) on our team doing their thing and I gotta say, these sprites are absolutely marvelous. Kudos to our spriters!

Keep an eye out for teasers and possible reveals for the second bracket when we're completely finished. And hey, I/we've revealed 3 types now, which leaves 15 more to guess!

Who do you think will be in the second bracket?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

Incoming leaks:

Bird in second Bracket, Fire in Second Bracket, Steel in second bracket all 3 allowed to use legends and megas due to new powers given. Deal with it :P

Nope nothing at all :] You should watch out for Elliot though, test's have shown that his team is VERY potent. I think I've seen him use a choice band Slaking at some point.....

We hope to get the takeoff for the league in the next week or two (probably two). Before then, we plan to release the Second Bracket of leaders publicly. The rest of the Brackets will be released the following week as the challengers advance.

Expect the next announcement soon~ :]

Is that an educated guess?

Just based off of whos in the 1st bracket, and rock typing isnt the best in the world, so I know it wont be in bracket 5 or 6 where the Megas are. So at most I'm expecting rock to be in bracket 2 or 3. But who knows for sure, things will probably be different

Edited by Milotic

There is a lack of color, but that's the reason I like it. For some reason, it gives me Link's Awakening vibes. They definitely don't resemble GF style of spriting so I hope you weren't aiming for that when creating them, but they all seem pretty consistent in the style you're using which is a good thing. There's also a lack of detail in the sprites, but it just seems to work. They look pretty nice and it's kind of refreshing seeing something that's not GF styled spriting (such is how Reborn league used pre-made sprites to adjust).

Oh! I forgot to ask something. Are the pokemon seen next to their sprites (I think they're their aces) going to be the same color as they are in battles? Or is it just going to be the normal shiny or normal colored Pokemon. Kind of like how the Pokemon match their perspective trainer (another nice touch).

Can you change the sprites on showdown? x.x

(Actually, hadn't considered this, Will this be taking place on showdown? I don't remember if that was said or if I just took that for granted)

Edited by Juuzou

Oh! I forgot to ask something. Are the pokemon seen next to their sprites (I think they're their aces) going to be the same color as they are in battles? Or is it just going to be the normal shiny or normal colored Pokemon. Kind of like how the Pokemon match their perspective trainer (another nice touch).

Just sprite exclusive I think sadly

That would be a cool touch, but I don't think we can do that, considering Pokemon battle sprites aren't editable in Showdown, unlike the trainer sprites for users, which can be edited. I really wish we could edit said Pokemon sprites though. :c

I think I like Elliot the most out of these three. He uses an Ambipom and wears a scarf, what's not to like? Although that Slaking could be bothersome...

Question: Each Gym Leader has an Ace, correct? If they use different teams, they're still using that Ace Pokemon, right? Just curious.

I think I like Elliot the most out of these three. He uses an Ambipom and wears a scarf, what's not to like? Although that Slaking could be bothersome...

Question: Each Gym Leader has an Ace, correct? If they use different teams, they're still using that Ace Pokemon, right? Just curious.

To be exact, yes. They would always have their ace on their team

Elliot sat on his couch, staring at the little piece of paper in front of him that could change his entire life.

"I dunno what to do, Slaking," he said aloud to the large ape sleeping across the room. Upon hearing its name, it opened one of its eyes slowly. After a short pause, it scratched itself and yawned back to sleep.

Elliot stood and began pacing the room. "On one hand, this could finally be a chance to prove myself something worthwhile, ya know?" Slaking opened its eye again, upset its sleep was disturbed. "It's a lotta responsibility being a leader, and they trust me with that..."

Elliot's composure sunk. "On the other hand, I'm responsible for bringing senseless harm onto my own Pokemon, as well as the Pokemon of countless other trai-" Elliot was cut off by a loud yawn as his Slaking rolled over to try to drown out the noise, snapping him out of it.

Elliot smiled, shaking off his conflicted feelings, picking up the piece of paper. "Thanks, Slaking." The ape gave Elliot a curt thumbs-up over its back as Elliot walked out the door.

Ladies, gentlemen and those of unspecified gender,

Down at the Redemption League HQ, we work day and night (literally because timezones are a thing), to make sure things are top-notch and up to date.

As such, I'm proud to present to you all, our final gift (for now), when it comes to revealing bracket leaders! Now you may think this is harsh, but I will explain what the idea behind all this is soon!

..These three next leaders were actually nice enough to ask me whether they should introduce themselves or to just remain hidden and us just not saying anything- But we agreed and said that it would be fair to our challengers to give them a little bit more information beforehand.

Presenting the leaders for bracket 2 in the Redemption League!

-- VcyxsmV.pngHelen, holder of the Tugtupite BadgeEPZZWjn.png - Rock-type Leader --

Helen: "YO WASSUP. The name's Helen and I'm gon' rock your body SO hard, MOUNTAINS WILL INSTANTLY CRUMBLE. VOLCANOES WILL ERUPT."

Dashie: "........."

Helen: "Sup boss? Did I scare ya? DID I? HUH?"

Dashie: "No- You merely harmed my hearing a little with your-"

Helen: "OKAY SWEET. CYA LATER BOSS-PONY."

-- Sa4RG7E.pngHaley, holder of the Tundra BadgeAZBDRRw.png - Ice-type Leader --

Haley: "Hiya, I'm Haley. I could hear my loud-mouthed sister all the way down the hall. She get a bit too excited again, huh?"

Dashie: "Just a tiiiiny bit."

Haley: "She never learns. I wish she would shut up sometimes. Give me some peace 'n quiet, y'know. Doubt that'll ever happen unless she falls on her head or something."

Haley: "Future challenger, I hope you're ready to be chilled to the bone. My Aurorus and I don't appreciate inexperienced battlers."

-- bnGL6IT.pngNicholas, holder of the Current Badge6qhWAVe.png - Electric-type Leader --

Nicholas: "Heyo, the name's Nicholas, but you can call me Nick as well. I'm pretty much helping these lads, lasses and no clue how you refer to those without gender in that way- By doing pretty much exactly what I'm here for."

Nicholas: "My buddy Magnezone here has been with me through everything I've been through so far. Not that I really get around and do things outside, I'm more the indoor-type. The less people I deal with, the better."

Dashie: "I sorta hope you realize that this position will involve people walking in and out-"

Nicholas: "...As long as they don't touch my equipment, I won't have to sic one of my zap-happy Electric Pokémon on them."

Folks, these three leaders are the ones you will be facing once you've obtained at least two badges.

With regards to what I've mentioned earlier by saying this is the last reveal (for now) that we're making, is that we want to keep things a surprise for everyone.

As such, we have decided to work out a system, which will make you rely on your fellow forumers and battlers for some extra information.

If you want us to reveal more, you will have to earn badges. You want to know who's in bracket 3? Get 5 badges and we'll make it known for everyone to see. That's all you're getting from us.

Some may or may not like the fact we're leaving you guys in the dark, but we've pretty much revealed 6 leaders already, which leaves 12 types spread across the next 4 brackets.

We hope to see you (very) soon, we're.. I dare say 80% ready as of today? Yeah, around 80% ready.

Until then!