Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah nice, I was right about rock being in Bracket 2. Sprites look awesome btw. Also I approve of not revealing any more gym leaders, provides a nice suprise and we won't be able to counter the leaders Ace pokemon.

Edited by Milotic

I really want to take on the league cause I really love the challenge it provides.

But I hesitate for only one thing: since our pokemon AND their moves are set, how we can perform in both singles and doubles/triples?

Since the leaders choose the format their teams are ready for what the chose. But we can't make a team that can perform good enough in both singles and doubles.

So how about we register 2 teams with the same pokemons but with different movesets for each style?

For example in the singles team a Marowak has Bonemerang and Stone Edge but in the doubles team it has Eartquake and Rock Slide.

I think it should be consider something like this cause trying to make a pokemon work for both singles and doubles is almost impossible

I really want to take on the league cause I really love the challenge it provides.

But I hesitate for only one thing: since our pokemon AND their moves are set, how we can perform in both singles and doubles/triples?

Since the leaders choose the format their teams are ready for what the chose. But we can't make a team that can perform good enough in both singles and doubles.

So how about we register 2 teams with the same pokemons but with different movesets for each style?

For example in the singles team a Marowak has Bonemerang and Stone Edge but in the doubles team it has Eartquake and Rock Slide.

I think it should be consider something like this cause trying to make a pokemon work for both singles and doubles is almost impossible

We understand the concern, but making a team that functions in multiple formats is exactly how people cleared the old Reborn League. It's tricky, but very, very possible.

We understand the concern, but making a team that functions in multiple formats is exactly how people cleared the old Reborn League. It's tricky, but very, very possible.

I know it is possible, but since the old reborn league the mechanics have changed quite a bit and many more options have become viable for doubles. New moves Wide Guard, Heal Pulse etc. are really good moves but only for doubles. So if I need to have one of these for a double battle it becomes a uselles moveslot in singles. Also stalling mons while they are good in singles, in doubles they are less effective due to how fast the format is.

If we don't know what format we are going to play and have a to build a team for everything, so gym leaders should do! They already have the upper hand + secondary teams, it would be better if the format was chosen randomly before the challenge somehow.

The attendant sat in his desk chair on the main floor to the League's headquarters. One of the most recent request responses had recently been accepted, and another was still pending. The third one was-

*clack clack clack*

The attendant looked up and was surprised to see a wine-red haired Ariel glaring down upon him.

"What. Is. This?" Ariel demanded, slamming down one of the company's letters on the desk. The attendant knew exactly what that was, and could feel sweat beading on his forehead. "I was declined?! I demand an explanation!" Oh, boy, the attendant thought...

"W-well, uh... my boos is out r-right now and-"

"Out? Where?" Ariel's eyes squinted in frustration.

"I-I dunno, I was never told."

"What kind of lousy boss doesn't tell... Look, just give me spot I deserve and we all leave happy, got it, princess?" The attendant swallowed.

"I-I don't think I can-" he was cut off by Ariel pulling him out of his chair by his collar.

"You can't what! You can't WHAT, princess?!" Ariel shouted, lifting the attendant off the ground at this point. The attendant was too afraid to wonder how this was possible.

"I-I..." he swallowed. "I'll s-see what I c-can do."

Seemingly content with his answer, Ariel let the man fall back into his chair. "I'm sure you will. See ya later, princess." With another *clack clack* of boots, Ariel disappeared out the door, leaving the poor attendant to rethink his choice of careers.

Edited by Bazaro

Haley: "Future challenger, I hope you're ready to be chilled to the bone. My Aurorus and I don't appreciate inexperienced battlers."

*Stands up*

*Goes to the door*

*Opens the door*

*Steps outside the door*

*Closes the door gently*

*5 Seconds of silence*

*Runs away crying*

I know you secretly want us all to suffer and cry. :P

I thought our delicious tears were the very reason for this league's existence?

What else are the gym leaders going to drink? Water? Don't be a fool.

We've been found out! Abort Mission drink challengers tears...

In all seriousness, our aim is to make this league a major challenge so we expect some people to not be able to complete it. However we do want people to have fun with the league and not get too down if they lose or if they are going to get down they must provide us with delicious tears...

Always remember the most important thing is to have fun! There's no point in having a league if it only leads to frustration and rage, right?

And besides, I'm pretty sure the leaders won't be that rough (cough cough)

Always remember the most important thing is to have fun! There's no point in having a league if it only leads to frustration and rage, right?

And besides, I'm pretty sure the leaders won't be that rough (cough cough)

Lies, all Lies. You got Ame's approval by signing a contract that says you have to make everyone want to quit

Is there an interview or backstory of any of those characters?

Interviews happen as we actually snag them with the leaders who are willing enough to give us a short interview. The backstory on how they were introduced to the League is a whole different approach that's also being covered.