Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teehee. How about a quick teaser to see what we have in store for you?

Presenting the first bracket's Leaders (not in specific order)!

Meet our first three Redemption League Leaders!

Elliot - A pacifist who doesn't really enjoy violence in the slightest and does his best in his normal, everyday life to avoid conflicts as much as possible.

Ariel - A young person, descendant of the holy king and heir to the kingdom's throne. Xe also has quite the feisty attitude and will not hesitate to yell with sharp tones of sarcasm.

Olivia - ???'s twin sister and quite agitated by her position in not only their family, but also her position in the League.

Dashie: "I'm sorry for that, Olivia- But your battling style is just.. So unorthodox. We all have to start somewhere, right?"

Olivia: "Sure, but why does my 30-second-younger-good-for-nothing brother get to have-"

Dashie: "That's enough, Olivia. No need to spill the beans for the challengers. Just- Be prepared for whatever they send out and do whatever you can to be an obstacle in the challenger's path. That's your duty as a Gym Leader."

Olivia: "Ugh, fine. But I'm far from done."

Er-hem. Like I was saying..

These are the first three Redemption League Leaders. I will not specify what type they run juuuuuust yet. I'll leave that up to speculation and imagination.

Oh- For those interested, we're still working on sprites and not every single sprite is finished just yet. For this bracket, we only have Ariel's sprite done, so here xe is;

irGG9XX.png

Elliot - A pacifist who doesn't really enjoy violence in the slightest and does his best in his normal, everyday life to avoid conflicts as much as possible.
Ariel - A young person, descendant of the holy king and heir to the kingdom's throne. Xe also has quite the feisty attitude and will not hesitate to yell with sharp tones of sarcasm.
Olivia - ???'s twin sister and quite agitated by her position in not only their family, but also her position in the League.

hype and speculation time

Elliot is a pacifist, so maybe Fairy or Normal? I can't really see a name pun going on until I actually know what type he is.

Ariel is a descendant to the holy king, which sounds either Dragon or Fairy. Then again, xe could be Water, cuz of The Little Mermaid.

Olivia is described as agitated, so... Fire? Fighting? idk

This is indeed true. When the time comes, maybe a week before we start, we will have sign-ups out and running. So just keep getting hyped until then guys. I promise we won't make you wait forever.

Olivia stood unmoving, staring vacantly out the same second floor window that she has since she was a little girl. She always loved this window, because from this point she could see her family's entire garden, and all of the different Pokemon that had made their homes there. Many of the Pokemon there she herself had rescued and cared for in the garden.

A Spearow flew into the garden, hoping to find something small and edible. It perched itself on a large flower with 2 enormous pink petals, green shoots sprouting all around the petals. Olivia couldn't help but smile as she waited for what was to come next. She could see every muscle in the Carnivine's jaws poising to chomp down on the unsuspecting Spearow, even from the window. Most would have a difficult time seeing such precise movements even from only feet away. The Carnivine's teeth snapped upright and-

*SLAM*

The door behind her slammed open. "Livi, I'm off to the league. They had to call me in again," she heard her brother say. As soon as it heard the slamming door, the Spearow took off, leaving the Carnivine's jaws to swipe harmlessly through the air. Without its meal, thanks to her brother's intrusion.

"Okay," Olivia mumbled, not even moving to face him. She was too busy glaring out the window at the Spearow who had hopped only a few steps away to peck at some fallen Pecha Berries.

"You okay Livi?"

"I'm fine," she responded curtly, clearing intending to end the conversation as soon as possible.

"Alright then, if you say so." He left the door open behind him as he left. Always so inconsiderate...

Birds, how she hated the things. Always free to fly away from their problems while the earth below was rooted in place. It wasn't fair.

"Oh, Livi?" she heard her brother call from downstairs. "There's a letter for you."

With a short huff, she came downstairs and snatched the letter from her brother's hand. He was smiling as she took it. She always hated it when he smiled.

As she read the letter, her rage slowly shifted to elation as she found out she had qualified to be a leader at the League, just like her brother! Finally, a chance to prove herself better than her brother!

"What's it say?" he asked, trying to read the letter over her shoulder. She turned to face him with a grin that hid more malice than she let her brother see...

UXuTkE0.png

Edited by Bazaro

Do not worry Bibs, Normal cannot function without a mega (and imo needs Meloetta), so it's probably higher up. Normally you'll see types without legendaries (like Poison) or without the need for a mega (like Water, Ground and Dark) in the first places, especially if you want to make this hard.

At the same time you have one-dimentional types like Electric, which may be in the first spots as well, since they can't make use of legends either.

Even with Electivire they still have a long way to go. However, I stay a bit skeptical since M-Ampharos is a thing that would benefit the electrics and is a shame not to be in the team.

Grass is going to be way too easy to start with, being deprived of megas (yes even with Cradily, Ludicolo, Roserade and Ferrothorn), so they'd probably want to buff it up to the positions where you can use a mega (M-Venu or M-Sceptile are very good options) as things like Celebi and Shaymin aren't allowed.

For the same reasons with Normal I would exclude Fire, Ice, Fighting, Bug, Fairy, and Rock

I do not think they would go so far as to remove Dragon's potential early on (aka M-Altaria), so my guesses are:

Elliot -- Bird

Ariel -- Water

Olivia -- Ground

edit: Right now I am very curious about the pokemon the Psychic leader will use.

I've noticed a lot of people insinuating that gym leaders can have legendaries, though, to my understanding, only the champion is entitled to the use a legendary.. x.x Can someone in charge confirm/dismiss this concept please?

Edited by Juuzou

I've noticed a lot of people insinuating that gym leaders can have legendaries, though, to my understanding, only the champion is entitled to the use a legendary.. x.x Can someone in charge confirm/dismiss this concept please?

Only the Champion is indeed allowed to use a legendary Pokémon. From brackets 5 and onwards, Gym Leaders will each have a Mega Evolution available to them, but no legendary Pokémon.

To clarify: The Champion can use pretty much everything except Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. So he/she/xe has access to everything except those.

Also, just to clarify, you say the champ has access to anything, but that "anything" applies only to one member of their team, right? I was also going to ask whether they could use their mega member in tandem with their legendary slot but it seems as though you've just ruled out all of the current mega legends. ALSO, unrelated but still on the topic of this league, is it possible to withdraw from the league with a certain team, forfeiting all earned badges to enter with a different team?

Edited by Juuzou

Also, just to clarify, you say the champ has access to anything, but that "anything" applies only to one member of their team, right? I was also going to ask whether they could use their mega member in tandem with their legendary slot but it seems as though you've just ruled out all of the current mega legends. ALSO, unrelated but still on the topic of this league, is it possible to withdraw from the league with a certain team, forfeiting all earned badges to enter with a different team?

Anything meaning, they can build a team around whatever type(s) they wish to choose, as long as it follows the 1 Mega & 1 legendary rule.

You can withdraw at any given time, but doing so will net you a penalty of 1 weekend of not being able to challenge leaders.

To accommodate all future challengers, we will give everyone one freebie on withdrawing and re-creating their League team. We will keep note on who does this.

They're adding clauses so in that aspect, it's Ou. Other than that, it's not, as the banned legendaries are not limited to ubers, no megas are allowed, and there are 2 available ubers for challengers to use. I should think if you so desired, you could make an ou team, providing it doesn't include any legendaries or megas (or swaggerers, etc.) but to do so would prevent you from being able to use greninja and aegislash against teams that will eventually have the potential to use uber megas. So the only benefit in doing so is that you can practise with it more easily on the main showdown server. Once again, if I'm wrong about any me this, by all means, correct me.

Edited by Juuzou

There should be a banlist that follows the example of smogon's monotype banlist. Pokemon that are way too powerful on their own against certain types thus create an instant win condition, or form a core that cannot be bypassed should be in the banlist. Examples include Talonflame, Greninja and Aegislash.