Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

There should be a banlist that follows the example of smogon's monotype banlist. Pokemon that are way too powerful on their own against certain types thus create an instant win condition, or form a core that cannot be bypassed should be in the banlist. Examples include Talonflame, Greninja and Aegislash.

We had Aegi & Greninja banned, but we unbanned them and Talon may be strong, but it is very frail and can't take a rock move to save itself

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is extremely late and I totally blame everything on everyone, but we have another addition to our team;

Reborn's own Shia!

Shia will be assisting us with Sprite designing and creating alongside Bazaro and Nova. (The Olivia sprite is actually xyr's work!)

Welcome aboard!

I am super excited for this, I need to start making a good team. A couple of things though, I know it was brought up earlier but freeze clause sounds kinda stupid, it's not like sleep where there are half a dozen moves that ( if they hit ) are guarantied to inflict it so it's really lame that there's a rule that you're disqualified if something that you can't control happens, and you guys say you're putting it in cause " it's everywhere" but I've never even heard of it before now. Also I don't really have a problem with not being able to change up movesets, but it's completely broken if the leaders know all your sets before the battle starts, I get that you're doing it to make sure people aren't cheating and using moves that they didn't register, but it makes it absolutely unfair. If you guys could find a way to make sure people aren't cheating with there sets without giving the leaders our info I think this could be amazing. I'm gonna predict Elliot is ghost, Olivia is grass, and Ariel is fire.

I am super excited for this, I need to start making a good team. A couple of things though, I know it was brought up earlier but freeze clause sounds kinda stupid, it's not like sleep where there are half a dozen moves that ( if they hit ) are guarantied to inflict it so it's really lame that there's a rule that you're disqualified if something that you can't control happens, and you guys say you're putting it in cause " it's everywhere" but I've never even heard of it before now. Also I don't really have a problem with not being able to change up movesets, but it's completely broken if the leaders know all your sets before the battle starts, I get that you're doing it to make sure people aren't cheating and using moves that they didn't register, but it makes it absolutely unfair. If you guys could find a way to make sure people aren't cheating with there sets without giving the leaders our info I think this could be amazing. I'm gonna predict Elliot is ghost, Olivia is grass, and Ariel is fire.

Thing is, the Reborn League had their leader's know the challengers team and sets and you had to try and outplay them.

Pretty sure Smogon has a system built in to prevent freeze hax from happening twice like sleep hax, but I don't play on Showdown enough to say for certain.

As for the whole moves and Pokemon thing, I can pretty much tell what somebody is going to do 80% of the time by what Pokemon they have. Does that mean I always win? No. Of course not. You also have a slight advantage as each Leader must have all Pokemon share a single type (though this could also be a disadvantage). It's not as big of a deal as you think it might be (and it also tests the skills of both sides).

I think you're missing on the fact that if people were to rely on hax and use teams built around hax, like Serene Grace users with Ice Beam, they could end up freezing whatever can be frozen. That being said, the freeze clause has been around ever since competitive battling was created and is nothing but a standard rule in all (online) Pokémon competitions. I'm pretty sure that Showdown has this built-in, I was just making note of this clause as a whole.

Also, we have to prepare our leaders with at least some information on what they should be expecting, but their teams are pre-set and they might have different teams to battle with. Sound unfair? Maybe. Unreasonable? Absolutely not. You can't dive into something without knowing what to expect, which is exactly what we're preparing them for. And speaking of which, even without them knowing your team(s), they're already preparing for battle.

On that note, considering people still haven't correctly guessed all the types, I'll do an official bracket 1 reveal once Elliot's badge is finished.

(Probably somewhere tonight)

Elliot is Light, Olivia is Sound and Ariel is Bird, right???

Welp. It's all ogre from here. Guess we better get outta this swamp. Champion Shrek will just have to come back some other time I guess.

Are light, sound and bird types? x.x

I mean, I know missingno. is Bird type..

Can someone explain this madness????

People thought that fairy types were going to be Light types when Sylveon was announced. Sound types were also speculated about for gen 6.

People thought that fairy types were going to be Light types when Sylveon was announced. Sound types were also speculated about for gen 6.

While Sylveon/Xerneas seemed like a plausible light type, Yveltal the 'tuning fork' was supposed to be sound, apparently.

That being said, there aren't any new types or anything crazy in this league, right?

While Sylveon/Xerneas seemed like a plausible light type, Yveltal the 'tuning fork' was supposed to be sound, apparently.

That being said, there aren't any new types or anything crazy in this league, right?

Yep. No new types for the league!

You guys create a new league, right before I leave on a 8 month deployment, talk about bad timing on me.

I know the feel. I have to leave for 5 months boot camp + basic training in just a few weeks. :/

Dash will, of course, continue the league and hopefully when I come back, the league will still stand strong. ^~^