Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wild guesses on Venus' type

poison (G.Gallade is psychic, which kills poison types, so it makes sense if Venus doesn't like his type.)

dark (Gallade is also fighting which is super-effective against dark)

ghost (ghost types are super-effective against psychic-types.)

most plausible type: dark.

To those who have not seen Mr. Gallade's topic earlier, well... first off here's the link: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18184&hl=

In case you ever need a quick recap on the latest news for Redemption, that link's your best bet.

Secondly...

Jj6a5Ln.png

Grapevine Gallade confirmed to be a gym leader =3

So I notice that this will have its own trainer card system... Will they have sprites on them? And, if so, will we be able to supply the sprites?

Yes, they will have sprites on them. We have the sprites to keep them standard.

Basicaly, if i make a team that is totaly irrelevant, i have to struggle with it the entire season?

Yes. You can choose to start over, but you forfeit your challenges for the upcoming weekend.

The second part seems pretty unnecessarily harsh.

I guess being unable to challenge the leaders is so that the guys in charge of the trainer cards have time to make your trainer card(and for the gym leaders to counter your team)?

Or are they just doing it because they can?

We put that restriction there to prevent people from "scouting" leaders' teams and learning what battle format they use. That being said, people are given ONE freebie, but I might just put a time-limit on it when we start off, something like a month or two to use your freebie, or it expires or something.

Creating Trainer Cards is also very time-consuming, they have to be made manually, so yeah.

I've also seen an interview from our reporter and it looks.. Promising, I guess. I haven't read the full thing because time isn't exactly on my side, but I'll ask Mr. Gallade to post it in his own thread.

So hopefully the League will be ready soon. Finally, sort-of, maybe happy with my team. I'll probably die horribly to one of the leaders but oh well, odds are never in our favor. As for the mysterious Venus, I'm 87% positive she's the dark leader given previous hints. Though poison does work given weakness to psychic. But we really do need the badge design soon, after all, we already know the design for a bracket 3 member. And I bet Dragon type is in the 5th bracket at least. Too strong naturally to be sooner. As for bracket 3 fire and ghost are likely the other two leaders.

Also a question, is the champion limited to a monotype rule or are they varied typing?

So hopefully the League will be ready soon. Finally, sort-of, maybe happy with my team. I'll probably die horribly to one of the leaders but oh well, odds are never in our favor. As for the mysterious Venus, I'm 87% positive she's the dark leader given previous hints. Though poison does work given weakness to psychic. But we really do need the badge design soon, after all, we already know the design for a bracket 3 member. And I bet Dragon type is in the 5th bracket at least. Too strong naturally to be sooner. As for bracket 3 fire and ghost are likely the other two leaders.

Also a question, is the champion limited to a monotype rule or are they varied typing?

Champion has access to a Legend and a Mega of a certain Monotype.

• Global Mods

I have no experience with battling actual people, but the art for these Gym Leaders is so good I'm considering participating when it's ready. Just a question to make sure I'm understanding this right: I remember reading the trainer cards and badges are kept track of by the staff. Does this mean the Redemption League trainer cards are separate from the Reborn site trainer cards in our signatures?

I have no experience with battling actual people, but the art for these Gym Leaders is so good I'm considering participating when it's ready. Just a question to make sure I'm understanding this right: I remember reading the trainer cards and badges are kept track of by the staff. Does this mean the Redemption League trainer cards are separate from the Reborn site trainer cards in our signatures?

Correct. We will make you a trainer card when you register for the league which will have whatever pokemon you chose and whatever badges you earn.

Are we allowed to add our own sprites to the trainer cards? Or is it like the ones we have at the bottom of our signatures that we work on through the shop?

i was wondering about this for quite some time too.

As much as I'd like that to be a thing, if we had to do this for every single individual registered person, it'd consume so much more time to do so, we'll have basic sprites ready for anyone to choose from when we've finished getting all the Trainer Card designs done. (They'll be Reborn-based sprites)

However, if we can somehow link the Showdown server to the Reborn system, this might be a future possibility.

Also, I'm sorry for the lack of updates as of late, it's been really hectic for me outside the League and I've been attending events that have taken quite some time.

I don't think Venus wants to reveal her type, though. Snarky little.. Er-hem.

Been almost a week since I could last post an update on where we currently stand, but with battles taking place and work needing to be done, I can present to all of you what your future Trainer Cards will look like!

We have various basic themes ready right now, 13 basic themes to be exact. We're currently trying to create Pokémon-based themes as well, and we also have a special edition Christmas theme ready!

So open up the various spoilers below to find out what they look like!

Christmas Theme:

0wleqT4.png

Dark Pink (basic color):

dALvCTv.png

Pink (basic color):

1KtMxyu.png

We have more in the making, so keep an eye out for others!

Can we see the themes with the Pokemon filled in? Because, honestly, they look pretty bad by themselves. There's really no substance to them. Even a simple gradiented colour scheme would look nicer than what's there

Edited by wytch_doctr