Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

i mean, that's why they're called "basic colour" ones. but yeah, gradiented colour scheme ones would look more better than the ones here.

i'm not quite a fan of the christmas theme one myself, but i'm sure the team is working on nicer-looking ones <:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90OtZB3.png

The sprites seem really squished. That would be sorted out, right?

Anyways, that looks a nicer than it was before. There's a lot of blank though and the fonts look somewhat odd, but that may just be me being really picky.

Edited by wytch_doctr

The sprites seem really squished. That would be sorted out, right?

Anyways, that looks a nicer than it was before. There's a lot of blank though and the fonts look somewhat odd, but that may just be me being really picky.

We're trying to get very large sprites into a much smaller size. They are always going to look at least a little different.

So no all of the ones on that sheet are fine (except for maybe Togekiss).

Yeah uh, minor change that you may or may not like.

We're stepping things up a notch before we're kicking off.

That 7th Pokémon we promised? You can still have it. After you've defeated all 18 Redemption League leaders.

Sound harsh? ..Maybe. It's also very doable to defeat all the leaders with a normal team without a mega or legendary. It takes planning and strategy. And maybe a little cunning bribary.

But to not stomp your hopes and dreams into the abyss, I'll be compiling a list of Pokémon you're allowed to choose from after defeating all 18 Leaders. It'll involve a few things like Mew and Celebi, for starters.

Allowed Pokémon to choose from after obtaining all 18 Badges:

Generation 1: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew
Generation 2: Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Celebi
Generation 3: Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Latios, Latias, Jirachi
Generation 4: Mespirit, Azelf, Uxie, Heatran, Cresselia, Regigigas, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin
Generation 5: Victini, Cobalion, Verizion, Terrakion, Tornadus/Thundurus in Therian formes, Landorus-Therian, Kyurem/Kyurem-B, Keldeo/Keldeo-R, Meloetta
Generation 6: Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa & Hoopa-U

Edit: Removed Landorus-I because it's banned to Ubers abiding Smogon rules.

I like this change as it can add more variety for the champion battle. Sure, it means we will have to fight harder to get it, but the pot has also been sweetened considerably.

Quick question, are all Pokémon who aren't mascots/horribly broken (Kyogre, SB Blaziken, ect.) allowed for the 7th slot or just the legends listed? I only ask because the wording suggested that it was just the legends listed.

I like this change as it can add more variety for the champion battle. Sure, it means we will have to fight harder to get it, but the pot has also been sweetened considerably.

Quick question, are all Pokémon who aren't mascots/horribly broken (Kyogre, SB Blaziken, ect.) allowed for the 7th slot or just the legends listed? I only ask because the wording suggested that it was just the legends listed.

Only what's listed can be used. Anything stupidly broken is simply.. Stupidly broken.

It looks like all the legends listed here, are the ones that are not banned from the OU tier. So yea anything not there is a super strong legend/ broken pokemon and is also banned from our 7th slot.

Also lovin this rule change, this is really made things more exciting lol

Edited by Milotic

As you walk along the corridor, a meek-looking girl hurriedly rushes past you holding a large unkempt pile of papers and folders. You notice that she dropped some papers, covered in scribbles and doodles of designs of some kind. You turn over the page to find a section titled "Prototype". On this page are two finished designs of what seems to be a trainer card styled after the Grass-type.

Grass - Style 1

s0nwju5.png

Grass - Style 2

CMKDL1R.png

After looking at the designs, you decide that you should return the papers, and probably find out more. However, the hurried girl is no longer to be seen...

Edited by Alicirno

As you walk along the corridor, a meek-looking girl hurriedly rushes past you holding a large unkempt pile of papers and folders. You notice that she dropped some papers, covered in scribbles and doodles of designs of some kind. You turn over the page to find a section titled "Prototype". On this page are two finished designs of what seems to be a trainer card styled after the Grass-type.

Grass - Style 1

s0nwju5.png

Grass - Style 2

CMKDL1R.png

After looking at the designs, you decide that you should return the papers, and probably find out more. However, the hurried girl is no longer to be seen...

Ooh, I like these, although I think I like the first one more. since I don't really like the placement of the leaf symbol on the second prototype. But that's just my opinion... Anyway, I'll be watching for the other 17~

...dunno how this comment is relevant here because you certainly don't have to worry about facing an all-legendary team in the League

Idk, maybe he's trying to test out his team in Ubers (because of Greninja/Aegislash?) I personally just use OU (No Mega), since I don't use any Uber Pokemon, but freaking Suicune walling me forever

Idk, maybe he's trying to test out his team in Ubers (because of Greninja/Aegislash?) I personally just use OU (No Mega), since I don't use any Uber Pokemon, but freaking Suicune walling me forever

Ubers is basically a place to abuse the sheer amount of Legendaries in the game.

Even in OU, Heatran, Jirachi, Keldeo, Kyurem, Lando-T, Thundurus, Raikou (just to name a few) are commonly used.

Sorry if this I'm missing something here, but are we forced to use a legendary as our 7th pokemon? Or are we allowed to use any non-banned pokemon in addition to the legendaries you listed?

I'd rather not use any legendary pokemon if possible.

Pretty sure you dont have to choose one of those legends, I think most people would want to tho, which is why they showed us that list to choose from.

Pretty sure you dont have to choose one of those legends, I think most people would want to tho, which is why they showed us that list to choose from.

Correct. You don't have to choose a Legendary Pokemon.