[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Any chance to see the animations originally planned for E17 in E16 instead?

Yes. Or at least those that are finished by that time.

Can you please give us a hint of who it is Ame?

it's not bugsy.

Can someone make a thread with just the animations (if it doesn't exist already)?

I am going to reassess the way that this devblog is handled for E17+ so we might see something like that then. If someone wants to collect the ones previewed in the interim and make a topic for them, I could move it in here.

...but that's a lot of pages lol.......

--

Yes, the story went up. I took a small bite out of it the other day so I could do something else. I'm not actually on the story for real yet.

I am done with the previous thing though.

I have one more large (in terms of development) sidequest to do. This one is for a starter Pokemon.

After that, only the easy-to-make sidequests are left. I hope to speed through those in a day or two.

And then.........

Why would Treeko be large in terms of development? Could Ame not just put it somewhere in the jungle (if it still exists) and have us run around to get it? My bet is on Charmander, as its popularity will encourage people to run around puzzles or difficult opponents to get to it.

Yes. Or at least those that are finished by that time.

it's not bugsy.

I am going to reassess the way that this devblog is handled for E17+ so we might see something like that then. If someone wants to collect the ones previewed in the interim and make a topic for them, I could move it in here.

...but that's a lot of pages lol.......

--

Yes, the story went up. I took a small bite out of it the other day so I could do something else. I'm not actually on the story for real yet.

I am done with the previous thing though.

I have one more large (in terms of development) sidequest to do. This one is for a starter Pokemon.

After that, only the easy-to-make sidequests are left. I hope to speed through those in a day or two.

And then.........

A lot of pages you say? I take that as a challenge 0_o

Edit: Welp searching through 200 pages ended up sucking as much as I thought it would. I probably missed a bunch because you know....200 pages but here's what I found.

Edit 2: Welp there is already a thread made for this lol, rip me i'm an idiot

A lot of pages you say? I take that as a challenge 0_o

Edit: Welp searching through 200 pages ended up sucking as much as I thought it would. I probably missed a bunch because you know....200 pages but here's what I found.

Edit 2: Welp there is already a thread made for this lol, rip me i'm an idiot

Don't worry your help is appreciated. I even found 3 animations I missed so ty.

• Administrators

Why would Treeko be large in terms of development? Could Ame not just put it somewhere in the jungle (if it still exists) and have us run around to get it? My bet is on Charmander, as its popularity will encourage people to run around puzzles or difficult opponents to get to it.

Your guess is surprisingly good-- but even what you describe is something I'd consider a larger sidequest. At least for my highly subjective purposes.

The smaller ones are self-contained, single-event sort of deals. Running around entails a bit more.

will episode 16 fix the bad lag in the tangrowth forests?

were those maps already separated in 15? I can't remember, it's been too long. >~<

maybe. but don't hold your breath.

---

anyway, don't put too much stock on the word "large" because I finished that in a day.

and it might be the most satisfying thing I've ever done. in a very silly way.

i'm having too much fun with this. someone take this project away from me.

or maybe that just means i've learned how to make sidequests enjoyable to develop... let's go with that.

Other mapping I did today:

It's a relatively simple map compared to past demonstrations, but there were a couple things I felt were worth mentioning for people learning to work with this stuff.

I realized today that, of our roughly 615 maps (and counting!), more than 100 of them have been added just in E16. That's like, 1/6th of the entire project-so-far's map development in one episode cycle. I'm not really sure what's up with that. It's weird.

I've also added like, almost 50 new items... and most of them are key items.

send help ;;;;;;;

oh, and i've got about 80 families of pokemon with expanded availability (does not mean they were completely unavailable before) ready to go too... and i'm not even done with that yet.

so anyway...

im going to try and KO all of the 'small' sidequests tomorrow.

i'd say "wish me good luck," but...

luck is just an illusory essentialization of statistics that is neither inherently good nor bad.

so i'll do my best.

oh, and i've got about 80 families of pokemon with expanded availability (does not mean they were completely unavailable before) ready to go too... and i'm not even done with that yet.

Is the Scyther family among those 80? I really want one

I could guess a few key items... We know that we're getting the Mega Bracelet, but I'm also taking a guess at the Emerald Brooch and Sapphire Bracelets being key items as well. Maybe not yet obtained, but programmed in is a possibility. Then again, we COULD see Elias or Sigmund in Reborn City, so who knows?

Mega Stones/The Orbs aren't KEY ITEMS, they are just Items, the Mega Ring is a Key Item though, don't forget the possibility of a shitload of sidequests that will need a shitload of item fetching or whatnot to do which will mean a shitload of Key Items