[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Developers

it almost seems like gamefreak saw julia when they came up with the electric pompom version oricorio :) but even if julia gets a gen 7 pokemon I wouldn't want julia to break up her little electric family

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bad so there's an imperfection in the gif but I'm pretty sure this is greenlighted so I may as well show it off

https://imgur.com/a/dI9YR

I decided to go really over the top and go full anime with it but man double battles are hard so instead of using the really easy space background i had to make the entire field space to cover up the non-getting-dunked pokemon for it to look not awful

please do not hate me for the imperfection in the oppmove i fixed it already i swear

Awww man, this makes me wanna teach my Charizard Seismic Toss sooo bad... Absolutely awesome job on that one! *__*

If it doesn't, i'll break out the big guns and Make it 2 Boldores, 2 Gravelers, 1 Golem and 1 Gigalith Send in the Perish Song Trickster Murkrow.

On that note, if you are planning to put in some epic grand finale 1 super-pokemon vs tha squad, do alter its field effect to disable or heavily extend (To 7 turns) the effect of Cheese Song and Scrublord Bond. It would simply be so anticlimactic to allow the climax of the game to be cheesed with a single move.

She might plan to put that ultra hard boss pokemon after a marathon of ultra hard trainer single and double battles where you might need all 6 of your normal team, so you will most prolly not be able to exersise that tactic since you will not have access to pc between those battles and the boss battle.

• Administrators

hooray that guy can finally stop running into a wall!

don't worry, he's getting therapy now.

On that note, if you are planning to put in some epic grand finale 1 super-pokemon vs tha squad, do alter its field effect to disable or heavily extend (To 7 turns) the effect of Cheese Song and Scrublord Bond. It would simply be so anticlimactic to allow the climax of the game to be cheesed with a single move.

do you really think just one's going to be enough now?

I wonder if there will be four-way battles implemented in E16+?

HAH, good one!

So I was thinking about how Meowstic works in Reborn right now. The males and females have different stats and move pools, but how exactly does that work in terms of RPG maker? I'm curious if the same mechanics will eventually be used for the Alola forms in whatever episode they are introduced.

Pokemon are usually defined in a text file, but alternate forms are defined in a script section. Basically it uses all the same attributes and then they're adjusted by the scripts for whatever needs to be changed. Meowstic, as well as every form change in the game uses this (including megas), but Alolan pokemon will probably be most like Shellos where it depends where they're from (+ a lot more changes besides appearance, of course)

Alola Forms being a gen 7 thing won't be around until somewhere in postgame

no fuck that i dont want to wait until post-game for my pretty alolan ninetales i want her by my side at all times

no but really ill have to rework all of availabilty/trainers/fields/tms/leaders for gen 7 so fml tbh

benefit of doing that in the last episode will be that it can be a final balance check

ish

--

about halfway done with beryl. and i think it was the bigger half. or at least the half with more in it. unless i'm a squib i should be able to finish it tomomo

• Administrators

do they want their dragon exeggutor, or do they want the IDEA of their dragon exeggutor.

you know, the fact that I never even considered more than one boss pokemon at a time a possibility concerns me.

• Developers

do they want their dragon exeggutor, or do they want the IDEA of their dragon exeggutor.

you know, the fact that I never even considered more than one boss pokemon at a time a possibility concerns me.

Double battle versus 12 PULSE pokemon confirmed.

Also I want my Dragon Exeggutor tyvm.

• Developers

no fuck that i dont want to wait until post-game for my pretty alolan ninetales i want her by my side at all times

So... alo-vulpix as a secret starter? :-) I wish I could get both the regular and alolan vulpix early on - and then challenge Fern to a double battle!

Edited by baldr

I think having multiple bosses at the same time loses that boss fight feel but a boss that the fight continues seems more boss-ish thing I mean if there was a PULSE that for whatever reason just wasn't stopping every time you faint it then I suppose that could work, maybe a super pulse machine that simply shuts off parts of the machine functions to preserve the pokemon inside meaning you have to keep going til the entire machine breaks then faint the pokemon

Edited by Lord Drakyle

no but really ill have to rework all of availabilty/trainers/fields/tms/leaders for gen 7 so fml tbh

benefit of doing that in the last episode will be that it can be a final balance check

ish

somethingsomething 8Gen hype

don't worry, he's getting therapy now.

HAH, good one!

Pokemon are usually defined in a text file, but alternate forms are defined in a script section. Basically it uses all the same attributes and then they're adjusted by the scripts for whatever needs to be changed. Meowstic, as well as every form change in the game uses this (including megas), but Alolan pokemon will probably be most like Shellos where it depends where they're from (+ a lot more changes besides appearance, of course)

ish

--

about halfway done with beryl. and i think it was the bigger half. or at least the half with more in it. unless i'm a squib i should be able to finish it tomomo

Ah! Stop with the hype! Take your time though :)

• Administrators

But... But... I'm sure people want their dragon exeggutor ASAP. :(

yeah and i want my ice ninetales, we all gotta make sacrifices bb

So... alo-vulpix as a secret starter? :-)

it might be a secret starter in my save files.......

nah unfortunately "by my side at all times" probably will have to not start until quite a while into the game.

somethingsomething 8Gen hype

Qoe3dgQ.gif

--

i was almost a squib and it took a lot longer than i expected, but beryl is done

and therefore so is the entire city! this is not a drill!!!

also did some debugging with inuki today and NPCs were not kind to him.

we're almost at 80% but i'll just post the next field whenever i finish all of eventing, since that's a more significant milestone tbh.

obviously there's still other parts of the map effected by the lake to deal with and such

aside from looking hilarious, is dragon exeggutor even usefull, i mean feels like the typing hurts more than it helps unless it gets extra stats which i personly doubt will happen since it's a form ad not an evolution. we'll wait and see i guess.

Edited by HAWmaro

To be fair, Mega Sceptile has the same typing as well, but that turned out well in the end, didn't it?

And besides, a 4x resistance to Water, Electric and Grass is convenient.

Edited by IntSys

Not to mention that we still don't know A-Exeggutor's Hidden Ability yet. It can always be something OP.

And since dex entries of other Alola pokemon mention changes to their stats, I guess that will be the case in all the Alola forms. Maybe A-Exeggutor will be completely different than the normal one and become a fast physical attacker :P

we're almost at 80% but i'll just post the next field whenever i finish all of eventing, since that's a more significant milestone tbh.

50% field: 10/01/2016

60% field: 30/01/2016

70% field: 25/04/2016

It's been a while and we've missed these. Come on, you can't stop the theme now :S The occasional screenie and animation is super-cool and all, but the new fields are the ones that make it into the frontpage of the site. Gotta keep the hype train arollin for the non-insiders

We also need to know how exactly we're going to suffer. This is very important. We must know the terrors. We must know the dreads.

true true, guess we'll wait and see.

btw isn't mega sceptil mostly used in doubles though? at least that where i had any big success with it, it's still good either way.

Really good in UU actually

Oh wow, Dragon Exeggutor is just asking to get guillotined based on that neck.

I am now officially petitioning for Guillotine to have a 100% hit rate against Exeggutor-A

Edited by Foamy

• Developers

I am now officially petitioning for Guillotine to have a 100% hit rate against Exeggutor-A

I mean, if we're starting petitions about Exeggutor-A, I'd like to petition to change Sapphira's ace to it tbh..

I mean, if we're starting petitions about Exeggutor-A, I'd like to petition to change Sapphira's ace to it tbh..

Saphira's, Florinia's, Laura's and Lin's (Fern doesn't deserve the mighty meme)