[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Oh, I guess.

Mde Plays Rough.

W2MqksM.gif

No.

And I answered why not the last time I got this question like two weeks ago.

By proper size, what are you referring to? The Pokemon backsprites are sized to 5th gen, and the trainer backsprites to 3rd gen. That said, I don't have any plans to redo either.

Finished the general teleport connections and whatnotever. I say general because that's not counting coming out of buildings or anything like that, which is a kitten caboodle I'll handle when I start really getting into eventing. Map cleaning shouldn't be too bad now.

EDIT: Tfw you get got by your own wynaut prank.

i love how there's one rubber duck that just shoots off the corner like "i must go my rubber duck planet needs me" lol

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I am the rubber duck.

A lot of the higher power moves are around the same length. I think it works proportionally. If the feedback that it takes too long is still around after seeing it in game and with sounds and stuff, we can always change it later.

Tiles are reset, city is swept, I had to redo about a solid two-three hundred teleport events, and everything is set so it can be strolled around and such.

Back to mapping the previous sidequest area. With all of that done, I'm down to one layer of stupid to deal with. And that's nothing.

I might consider a screenshot.

If y'all are nice.

Ame, what would you say is the majority of things left need to be done for the progress on episode 16? the sidequests? or maybe it's just all the eventing for map locations and no longer accessible events?

Also you are 1 post away from 10,000th post you can do it Ame reach that milestone!

What if 9999 posts are the maximum anyone can achieve? (Correct me if I'm wrong if that isn't the case.) To be honest, I thought Ame was already over 9999 posts anyway.

Anyways, with the E16 meteor shower(pun definitely intended), I feel as if we will face one or a few of these admins: Sirius, Sigmund, Zero. Facing Zero is probably unlikely, as they will probably be in Labradorra, overseeing all of the PULSE operations going on there (PULSE-Clawitzer, PULSE-Mr. Mimes, etc). As for facing Sirius and Sigmund, maybe we will face them down in Devon Corp's hideout or so, since we haven't faced those two in a while. I think we will most likely face Sirius though, since the kids are all up in Calcenon City.

One character we will probably definitely battle for sure is Victoria. We haven't seen her in a LONG time until Episode 15, and she is most likely going to fight us or help us, and with an even stronger team than before.

I am the rubber duck.

A lot of the higher power moves are around the same length. I think it works proportionally. If the feedback that it takes too long is still around after seeing it in game and with sounds and stuff, we can always change it later.

Tiles are reset, city is swept, I had to redo about a solid two-three hundred teleport events, and everything is set so it can be strolled around and such.

Back to mapping the previous sidequest area. With all of that done, I'm down to one layer of stupid to deal with. And that's nothing.

I might consider a screenshot.

If y'all are nice.

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to just treat the rebuilt city as a new map. That way, you wouldn't have to deal with overlapping events, teleport shenanigans etc. Probably would've increased the file size, however.

Chances are trying something like that would make constant overlapping areas where the game is trying to load one map or the other restlessly due to two maps existing in the exact same location that are supposedly different and existing at the same time with the same entry points with the only difference being the rule that decides which you enter.

Ayyy, stuff!

First of all, I just want to say GREAT WORK to any and everyone who's worked on the game. It's amazing. I love it. Everyone I mention it to loves it. My 13 year old cousin (who was 10 when he first saw me playing this game) loves it to the point that he's STILL bothering me with wonder about the Ep 16 update. So, I'm just saying. This is an amazing job, you guys.

Now, onto why I'm actually here. I read mention of animation work, and how you say that it doesn't actually take experience to do. What does it involve? I'd be glad to give it some practice if it means you can have reliable help in the not so distant future. :D

BONUS CONTENT: What are your plans regarding the new Sun and Moon stuff? I'm not demanding or even hoping for new pokemon inclusion, I'm just curious as to whether or not you even intend to include anything from the new games?

HYPE*HYPExHYPE+HYPE†HYPE

Now, onto why I'm actually here. I read mention of animation work, and how you say that it doesn't actually take experience to do. What does it involve? I'd be glad to give it some practice if it means you can have reliable help in the not so distant future. :D

BONUS CONTENT: What are your plans regarding the new Sun and Moon stuff? I'm not demanding or even hoping for new pokemon inclusion, I'm just curious as to whether or not you even intend to include anything from the new games?

The animation team was opened for applicants about 6 months ago, and we've already been working on them. The sign ups aren't open at this time, so you'll only be helping out with that if Ame decides we need more people and reopens applications.

Also, with Sun and Moon stuff, Kuro will script it whenever xe can according to xym, and Ame mentioned she probably wasn't going to add pokemon and stuff like that into the game until the final update.

• Administrators

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to just treat the rebuilt city as a new map. That way, you wouldn't have to deal with overlapping events, teleport shenanigans etc. Probably would've increased the file size, however.

The new city stuff is all on a new map. Only way I can change large scale visuals, really (similar stuff is done for the area where you meet Biggie McSteelix, tania rips her living room a new one, etc). The teleportywhatnots are because it's a -lot- of maps though. As many as the original city. Can't all be one map because I'd run out of auto-tiles + dear lord imagine the lag.

Finished mapping. Next up is the puzzle. Of course there's going to be a puzzle. But it's something that's been in main series, so it's not too involved.

Anyway, I guess I'll share a screen, but I might be mean about it. You can figure it out from here. ^ ^

The new city stuff is all on a new map. Only way I can change large scale visuals, really (similar stuff is done for the area where you meet Biggie McSteelix, tania rips her living room a new one, etc). The teleportywhatnots are because it's a -lot- of maps though. As many as the original city. Can't all be one map because I'd run out of auto-tiles + dear lord imagine the lag.

Finished mapping. Next up is the puzzle. Of course there's going to be a puzzle. But it's something that's been in main series, so it's not too involved.

Anyway, I guess I'll share a screen, but I might be mean about it. You can figure it out from here. ^ ^

hoooOOOOOOOooooly SHIT

Nice but with evil intentions, nothing unexpected here

Soooo... basically the abyssal ruins? I hope it's a little more challenging than they were, because the ruins were more of a trial and error.

Edited by TheShadowEmpoleon