[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally I don't want benett to be E4 he is misguided, not the best figure of authority to represent such a prestigious title, annoying and is too much of a damn lap dog

And Heather is so much better? Speaking of authority figures let's talk gym leaders: Julia, Corey, Terra, Shelly, ... .

Edited by FairFamily

That's the thing I think it would make him way to easy by E4 standards if he were to use that field. He cannot set up the field properly. What I described were literally all the bug types that could use rototiller or growth, so swapping out pkmn that can get better advantage won't work because he can't get setup on the field without shooting himself in the foot. That kind of disadvantage will result in him being eaten alive by any player. That's not even speaking from the disadvantage from volcarona + rain.

Oh, Volcarona has access to Hurricane, so I would be careful with such a statement. Rain Volcarona was an OU set in gen 5...plus all bug/steel and bug/grass would enjoy nerfed fire-moves (hardcore Shelly). Additionally, he could use a Prankster Sashed Volbeat or so to switch the weather at least twice (Or Tailwind/TWave to get a dangerous speed boost). And when it rains, the field doesn't burn away!

Also, Nature Power becomes Growth on the field, so that throws that argument out of the water.

But no bug-types have access to field-growing abilities, so that takes away possible momentum (or an easy way to protect the field).

It's not impossible, but I'm not sure how to compose a mono-bug team to abuse it to the max.

Also, a way to create this terrain would be cool (perhaps Rototiller+Leech Seed/Worry Seed/Seed Bomb(/Seed Flare)?).

Oh, Volcarona has access to Hurricane, so I would be careful with such a statement. Rain Volcarona was an OU set in gen 5...plus all bug/steel and bug/grass would enjoy nerfed fire-moves (hardcore Shelly). Additionally, he could use a Prankster Sashed Volbeat or so to switch the weather at least twice (Or Tailwind/TWave to get a dangerous speed boost). And when it rains, the field doesn't burn away!

Also, Nature Power becomes Growth on the field, so that throws that argument out of the water.

But no bug-types have access to field-growing abilities, so that takes away possible momentum (or an easy way to protect the field).

It's not impossible, but I'm not sure how to compose a mono-bug team to abuse it to the max.

Also, a way to create this terrain would be cool (perhaps Rototiller+Leech Seed/Worry Seed/Seed Bomb(/Seed Flare)?).

Rain volcarona was a thing? Well, you learn something new everyday.

Remember Shelly is at low lvl in the game with low availability of pkmn and moves so her strategies are at this point outdated at this point in the game. Hardcore Shelly is no exception especially since the player can set up his weather without shooting himself in the foot now.

Nature power adds leavanny to the list that's it. So you have Crustle,Leavany and Parasect that can grow the field outside rain dance. So he is still shooting hismelf in the foot at this lvl if he takes those.

Edited by FairFamily

Big Top Arena could work for Bennet as rain is extended to 8 turns automatically by the field if set-up, while SD and QD have their stat boosts doubled so scizor and volcarona would be pretty deadly on that field and guts heracross will just hit everything for stupid damage. If we get talonflame before this point that would be problematic, as well as the acrobatics boost in general but there's enough bug/rock types that we can probably avoid him being 6-0'd by a single pokemon.

I think it's possible El will be exposed as a Team Meteor sympathizer and lose his position, while Laura will get hers back and Bennett will gain enough skill to take El's place.

That's what I've been saying this whole time.

personally I don't want benett to be E4 he is misguided, not the best figure of authority to represent such a prestigious title, annoying and is too much of a damn lap dog

I both agree and disagree.

Bennett is one of the few characters I actually sympthyse with because of the way everyone (including his own mother) treated him and his hobby. When you first meet him, you can tell the game makes him look pathetic and weak. However, by leaving his mother and hometown, he has actually grown so much. Sure, he is quite misguided by El, but you can really see the change Bennett has went through. He actually exploited the fact that the player thought he was stupid when you meet him in 7th street.

Personally, I'd be more interested in battling Laura than Bennett, but I would also want to see Bennett making it to elite 4 with or without El's help. It shows that while everyone, who knew him, doubted him, he didn't give up and could become something bigger than anything he'd ever wish for.

Rain volcarona was a thing? Well, you learn something new everyday.

Remember Shelly is at low lvl in the game with low availability of pkmn and moves so her strategies are at this point outdated at this point in the game. Hardcore Shelly is no exception especially since the player can set up his weather without shooting himself in the foot now.

Nature power adds leavanny to the list that's it. So you have Crustle,Leavany and Parasect that can grow the field outside rain dance. So he is still shooting hismelf in the foot at this lvl if he takes those.

Let me tell you about Weather: it doesn't make or break a fight, but most people don't use it. I don't see regular pulling a BS move like I did with Shelly in which Bennett gets Perma-rain, but let's not get too into how difficult a leader is. I'm working on something E4ish but on a much grander scale so I can tell you that you might be thinking about this wrong.

You'll be facing 5 leaders in a row with a finite amount of PP if you don't bring ethers and elixers. You are also limited to six Pokemon so you'll need to have a pretty solid team. The E4 should be midway Hardcore levels of difficulty so you won't be able to curbstomp any leader with just a single Pokemon. In the CoM project, Trevor literally got down to his last Pokemon against Shelly while I only lost a couple. She certainly wasn't a cakewalk as people might've expected at that high of a level.

Bennett is never going to be super tough due to singles syndrome but I could see him using that field kind of well. I expect sticky web Forretress and either Perma-sun or Sunny Day to boost his Volcarona's power really high up. Anything that doesn't resist Volcarona will be nearly one shotted by it since there isn't anything that outspeeds it and it'll be hard to OHKO. You could say rock type, but Giga Drain is a thing. The other Pokemon could be used to help settup or slowly take down the other Pokemon on your team. It's just kind of Reborn's thing to make leaders good and their aces generally super strong (whether or not that's intentional).

For Hardcore, I do have to limit how difficult they can be so I might not give Bennett a perma weather unless he badly needs it. Rain will likely be it since I can use Steel types safely(ish) and use other Pokemon with that field. I'm just saying it's very possible to make his team difficult but Burning field is definitely going to hurt most of his mons in the long run. I predict he'll be the first person we face and the first person usually is the test and the one we have to face the most anyways (kind of like Sidney in the Hoenn games).

...I could've sworn it did. I suppose that'd be Leavanny's job then. And no, the only fake move I ever did was on two Pokemon solely for the purpose of stopping from attack spam.

• Administrators

I'm curious, has the wall of bugs been updated? I wonder if more of those bugs have been resolved.

Many of them have been fixed but the fixes haven't been finalized yet. That topic will be updated once they have been.

Sure, I'll be the killjoy as usual.

If she's hiding anything here intentionally, it's only the "gaping mistakes" she referred to. Unfortunately, she hid the gaping mistakes with an even bigger one.

Donnel is a Hero to us all and I will not forget the day you used him to reference Trump.

Ever.

You monster.

Gawrsh, this feller sure is gettin' upset about a dumb lil' country boy. Why, we never saw any jimmies this rustled back on the farm!

i dont like donnel.

trump-wall-meme-300x223.jpg

I cant remember where I saw it. it was either in reborn ep14 or rejuv v6 in one of those files, but I remember that I when I looked through the graphics/battlers I found a pulse butterfree sprite. its not their now since both were updated, but I could still be wrong about this being the mon putting people to sleep in agate.

Y'all are imaginative and I like that, but I've never seen that butterfree before. So it was probably rejuvenation.

I'd like to see how Ame can transform something serene and cute into an apocalyptic hell bug.

Is that a challenge?

Because frankly, I like the sound of it.

Almost a month since Amethyst hasn't updated the progress, I understand she's a busy woman but I want to know how the development progress is going

bruh when you posted that it'd been like two weeks since my last post here. chill q~q

I generally update the status topic when I make posts in this one, IF there's an update for it. Because I've been working on the same area for the past few weeks, there hasn't been much numeric progress.

Also, I'd rather spend more time working on it than talking about it.

Anyway, as to that area, I'm done with mapping most of it now. All together, it's about the size of Route 1. This feels like it's taken forever even to me but as I alluded to, there's just so many levels of stupid I've had to circumvent putting this together: map connections and teleport connections for lag, running out of autotiles, retroactively applying changes to older maps, and doing all of this across like 12 different tilesets. And actually there's still more to do, but I'll get back to that.

My next move creeps into Eventing territory, setting up all of the teleport connections for the city's new maps, etc. This is mostly tedious, shouldn't take too long. After that, I'll do a walk-through of all the new maps in-game to account for how it appears differently than in-editor.

Like this, which looked fine in RMXP, but uh, lol. based tile priority.

PLgoAmL.png

(granted some of that is leftover events too so whatever)

I am really hype for how Reborn has changed in this new update. After cleaning out the water systems I'm definitely eager to see how the denizens of Reborn are doing with such a huge, beneficial change. I finally feel like we've made a slight difference ya know?

Also all the general stuff. Do we know if any new Pokes or TMs are gonna be added?

In the meantime I'm just gonna be working on my team.

(granted some of that is leftover events too so whatever)

speaking of which, this might mean that in e16 we will be able to finish our missing policeman quest which we currently cannot do after the 9th badge?

Edited by DemICE

That big area sounds to me like Azurine lake. I wonder what things will we find there.

Aaahh, E16 is getting closer and closer. I hope that it will come out in July/August.

Keep the fantastic work you're doing!

Let me tell you about Weather: it doesn't make or break a fight, but most people don't use it. I don't see regular pulling a BS move like I did with Shelly in which Bennett gets Perma-rain, but let's not get too into how difficult a leader is. I'm working on something E4ish but on a much grander scale so I can tell you that you might be thinking about this wrong.

You'll be facing 5 leaders in a row with a finite amount of PP if you don't bring ethers and elixers. You are also limited to six Pokemon so you'll need to have a pretty solid team. The E4 should be midway Hardcore levels of difficulty so you won't be able to curbstomp any leader with just a single Pokemon. In the CoM project, Trevor literally got down to his last Pokemon against Shelly while I only lost a couple. She certainly wasn't a cakewalk as people might've expected at that high of a level.

Bennett is never going to be super tough due to singles syndrome but I could see him using that field kind of well. I expect sticky web Forretress and either Perma-sun or Sunny Day to boost his Volcarona's power really high up. Anything that doesn't resist Volcarona will be nearly one shotted by it since there isn't anything that outspeeds it and it'll be hard to OHKO. You could say rock type, but Giga Drain is a thing. The other Pokemon could be used to help settup or slowly take down the other Pokemon on your team. It's just kind of Reborn's thing to make leaders good and their aces generally super strong (whether or not that's intentional).

For Hardcore, I do have to limit how difficult they can be so I might not give Bennett a perma weather unless he badly needs it. Rain will likely be it since I can use Steel types safely(ish) and use other Pokemon with that field. I'm just saying it's very possible to make his team difficult but Burning field is definitely going to hurt most of his mons in the long run. I predict he'll be the first person we face and the first person usually is the test and the one we have to face the most anyways (kind of like Sidney in the Hoenn games).

Hm, from what I know about bugs, I'd definitely say Sun isn't the way to go. It may help Volc, but volc is still only average speed (base 100). All it will take is a decently fast rock slide to take it out, then the rest of your bugs have to deal with boosted fire moves. Only other mon it helps is Leavanny (not a great mon) with Chlorophyll. Rain is useful, but I'd only use it if it protects his field or something. Reducing fire damage isn't bad, but bugs don't really gain any other advantage from rain aside from Hurricane volc (Non-STAB) and Thunders from Galv (who has compound eyes anyway). The only bugs that can even use good water moves are Masquerain and Douse Drive Genesect. If you wanna go bug, hyper offense is the generally accepted strategy.

So, lets assume no weather for Bennett. A good start mon would be Galvantula as no other leader has abused sticky web yet. Also not many players bring rapid spin on their main team from what I know. Not to mention 91% accurate Thunder's with Compound eyes. Next Foretress would be good. Great spinner, high defense, It can set rocks or screens and even volt switch out for more spinning (or explode). Volc is a must, it's his main. It can run a nice array of fire moves, bug moves, giga drain, maybe even hidden power ground to threaten fire and rock types.

There's the three main spots. He needs a mega, and with Webs up both Mega Heracross and Mega Pinsir are incredibly powerful options which hit like trucks. Aerialate is an overpowered ability threatening to OHKO anything that doesn't resist it after a swords dance and gets a boosted quick attack. And Mega Hera can put a huge dent in even Skarm with its raw power. Hey even Mega Beedrill could be good, but not as good as the other two. Scizor is normally a bug staple, but there are so many Scizors in the game already. Maybe he can take advantage of Durant with his webs. As it is already fast and can hit hard with Hustle.

Other than that there are plenty of bugs like Vivillion and Venomoth who can abuse sleep powder and quiver dance. Vivllion has a powerful STAB with hurricane and Venomoth has Tinted Lens so nothing is "Not Very Effective" and Baton Pass. Scolipede is a great mon who can also swords dance and baton pass. Or my favorite strategy is just to slap a life orb on it and take things out with Megahorn, Earthquake and Rock Slide. Other good bugs could be Escavalier, Armaldo (another great rapid spinner), Crustle with Shell Smash which might work better than Durant. Yanmega with speed boost (But Shelly has that). Shuckle is a bulky mon who can abuse contrary plus shell smash plus a field boosted Infestation and toxic damage. Plus Rest to restore HP. Regular Heracross is good too.

There you go, there's my bug rant. Hope you enjoyed it! Praise to the bug type!

You see...this is the problem. You rely on competitive thinking for your strategies which require precise calcs. By the time you reach the E4, Pokemon levels will be around 95 while Bennett's Volcarona is 100. It could also be running timid which would really help it's speed a lot. Most players are going to have speed IVs at 20 on average along with uneven EV allocation so 100 EVs. Bennett's could invest 252 EVs in speed. The only Rock mons that are available with that speed are Aero and maybe Archeops. Do you know when Aero is available? Episode 16, but people were able to get it early due to being able to walk around.

You could throw in the face Garchomp or T-tar will be available but they'd be obtained at level 1 right before the E4. That's a few hours worth of extra training just to get a mon to simply outspeed another which the average person would rather go straight to the E4 and win rather than wreck them. I'm definitely not saying they'll be OP and broken, but just don't expect an easy win on a field effect because who knows? We could actually be facing Laura and not Bennett as there's a possible 10 candidates for E4.

I'm at the same time glad that the updates are coming nicely(kinda) but worried at the same time for Bennet's team O_o

i dont like donnel.

Poor Donnel :C
What did he ever done to you?

I'm at the same time glad that the updates are coming nicely(kinda) but worried at the same time for Bennet's team O_o

Between Inuki, Amethyst, and I (for Hardcore), at least one of us will be able to salvage his team. I fixed the Terra fight and let me tell you that it was pretty much me facedesking so much to try and get her to be competent. Ciel is...getting there.

the fact is that almost half of all bug types have a 4x weakness or thay have a ton of 2x weaknesses.even hight tier bugs like scizor,heracross,volcarona,pinsir are sure to fall to one shot