[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

So who is gonna be the other Gym Leader using Dragon's Den besides Saphira?

Amaria (Water) - Nerfing her water stab's? Nope.

Adrienn (Fairy) - Nothing to help xem so not likely.

Titania (Steel) - Boosting our fire attacks to slaughter her team easily? Nope.

Hardy (Rock) - I bet it's him.

So how will Hardy use the field? First the water nerf is handy and he is likely to use Golem and/or Rhyperior so ice nerf will be useful too. Also he will likely use a Magcargo and Tyrantrum who both get nasty boosts from the field. Plus he won't particularly mind if you go to the trouble of changing the field to Cave.

Of course there is the possibility that Saphira won't give us a badge so we will have to go twice against dragons. I don't like that idea though - Aya and Samson both used a different field effects than Corey and Kiki which was interesting. Two battles against dragons on the same field don't feel right.

Edited by baldr

Yet, we've had two battles using the same field effect before, and there was no real discussion about that, was there? (Samson and Ciel on Big Top Field)

My wild guess is going to beeeeeee.. Saphira and perhaps Lin crashing your battle with Saphira?

Yet, we've had two battles using the same field effect before, and there was no real discussion about that, was there? (Samson and Ciel on Big Top Field)

My wild guess is going to beeeeeee.. Saphira and perhaps Lin crashing your battle with Saphira?

Hell, maybe Lin creates the Dragon's Den by burning something down. At least that's something Meteor seem to do right.

Hell, maybe Lin creates the Dragon's Den by burning something down. At least that's something Meteor seem to do right.

Mt. Pyrous ---> Reborn City.

...Except that'd mean Reborn City gets remapped again (after less than 15 episodes), and that's prolly not happening. Maybe Mt. Pyrous erupts, or we go to a new area :P

Still sticking with this being Adrienn's field, personally, unless another new field works.

Pretty sure it's Saphira's and Hardy's field. It's Saphira's team's natural environment and Hardy's essentially locked out of his gym due to the sleep spell, while as far as we know all other gyms are accessible (the Rocky Field would also make sense for Hardy though). I guess Hardy's badge is required to use Rock Climb which the player might need to progress the story, and apparently gym leaders sometimes do fight challengers outside their gym (Noel and Luna spring to mind).

So who is gonna be the other Gym Leader using Dragon's Den besides Saphira?

Amaria (Water) - Nerfing her water stab's? Nope.

Adrienn (Fairy) - Nothing to help xem so not likely.

Titania (Steel) - Boosting our fire attacks to slaughter her team easily? Nope.

Hardy (Rock) - I bet it's him.

So how will Hardy use the field? First the water nerf is handy and he is likely to use Golem and/or Rhyperior so ice nerf will be useful too. Also he will likely use a Magcargo and Tyrantrum who both get nasty boosts from the field. Plus he won't particularly mind if you go to the trouble of changing the field to Cave.

Of course there is the possibility that Saphira won't give us a badge so we will have to go twice against dragons. I don't like that idea though - Aya and Samson both used a different field effects than Corey and Kiki which was interesting. Two battles against dragons on the same field don't feel right.

I believe you pretty much got it spot on, exactly how Hardy would use the field. He can cover 2 of his weaknesses and use things that counter grass such as magcargo or tyrantrum. His part dragon t-rex would get a field boost too, and the cave field would also be nothing bad for his type.

Pretty sure it's Saphira's and Hardy's field. It's Saphira's team's natural environment and Hardy's essentially locked out of his gym due to the sleep spell, while as far as we know all other gyms are accessible (the Rocky Field would also make sense for Hardy though). I guess Hardy's badge is required to use Rock Climb which the player might need to progress the story, and apparently gym leaders sometimes do fight challengers outside their gym (Noel and Luna spring to mind).

True, although I believe that the whole Iola Valley itself is Luna's gym. It would be kinda nice to not fight Hardy in his gym so that Noel isn't the only one singled out, though that does raise the question of where Noel's gym is supposed to be. iirc the orphanage battlefield that we never actually saw was supposed to be for both Noel and Charlotte, but Charlotte did actually have a gym she just wasn't allowed to go to it. So is Noel the only gym leader in Reborn that doesn't have a gym or do we just not know where it is.

• Developers

Noel's gym is the orphanage, which is why the screen where ame tells you about his field is located in the orphanage.

Speaking of the orphanage, do we know what field is used in the arena there? Ame NPC talked about it through the communication device in the orphanage basement but didn't actually say which field it is.

Edited by baldr

• Developers

Speaking of the orphanage, do we know what field is used in the arena there? Ame NPC talked about it through the communication device in the orphanage basement but didn't actually say which field it is.

Probably the inverse field, given that it makes the most sense he'll sport that in any postgame rematch we'd have with him.

• Administrators

fixed up fly today, structured out the new maps for the city, and copied over metadata + encounters stuff + tileset data for literally everything that needs to be redone

so tomorrow i get to actually start mapping the new areas yayyyy

My intention is, once I get into the swing of this rebuilding-mapping stuff, to stream some of it. That's not a promise... just the intention. That'll probably be next week if at all though.