Pokemon Showdown

Amethyst

Why?

Well me and the administrators of one server played some practical jokes with it, so I could assume that it could perhaps be abused and it could offend users if their name was changed to something they didn't like or found offensive.

Looks like "Alias" is gonna have some more significant use now. Or perhaps we could make a "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Pokemon Showdown Citizens of Reborn."

Dama: Mostly Harmless

EDIT: Oh my god this is so much better now I'm classed as Hiker :D

Edited by Damashii

Right, now that the growing pains of finding a Showdown I.D. are gone, let me give you my -real- input.

Showdown or PO?

...I'm...I'm gonna go ahead and say I would kinda like to see Showdown happen. Especially if Reborn being able to set it's own tiers is still going to be a thing. (Not that I don't like Smogon's tiers, It's just kinda neat from an individualist standpoint.) SD is already a widely used and very functional simulator, and while it may be a move for the server, many of the users will be familiar with the medium before-hand.

What would you like to see carried over?

Everything -I- would like to see has already been addressed.

Concerns?

The only thing that I -had- an issue with was the way you couldn't use a name that had been taken by a previous Showdown user. While "clan tags" don't seem to be a thing, there is always resorting to removing vowels from the word "Reborn" to get RBRN, which would normally be a clan tag.

(Yes, this means that if you see 'RBRN Minerva' on the server, it's -me-)

The other concern I have is that -at the very least for myself- the browser edition of the program crashes and lags into solid nothingness a WHOLE lot more than it ever has in PO, regardless of being in the "Lobby" or not. If the same problems arise for more users, that's...a legitimate concern. I have a feeling it's just me though.

I've never had DC issues. The biggest concern I have going forward is the names issues and that's about it. Teambuilding is way more quick and easy on showdown and it's aesthetically way more pleasing as a whole. Battle, I like the animations, it helps me to see what's going on more so than having to read my battle like a book. Just a personal preference.

I've never had DC issues. The biggest concern I have going forward is the names issues and that's about it. Teambuilding is way more quick and easy on showdown and it's aesthetically way more pleasing as a whole. Battle, I like the animations, it helps me to see what's going on more so than having to read my battle like a book. Just a personal preference.

Yeah, it's probably just me. :c

The Name issue is fixed if you want to put RBRN in front of your original name..or Reborn or something... At least, that's my duct tape solution anyway. :)

I don't care for Showdown's glitz and glamour. I kinda feel like it's too much on the screen at once, myself. :)

(I felt like putting the SD thread back in the spotlight was important, so...-bump. Oh, hey, 500 posts.)

Edited by Minerva

If we had some sort of a convention to identify members it would be logical considering we can't have our original aliases.

RBN- Maybe? The - would probably make it clearer than just using RBRN or something because some people might use RBRN as initials in a name anyway.

Just kinda thinkin' in text here.

Example: I would come up as RBN-Damashii

Edited by Damashii

i actually prefer showdown's battles and teambuilder, however there is one thing i prefer on PO, and thats the random battles ._.

showdown's random battles are bullshit, the pokemon dont have random items and moves D: instead every pokemon with a weakness to ground has a ballon -_-"

but thats a minor complaint, i'm all for moving there

i actually prefer showdown's battles and teambuilder, however there is one thing i prefer on PO, and thats the random battles ._.

showdown's random battles are bullshit, the pokemon dont have random items and moves D: instead every pokemon with a weakness to ground has a ballon -_-"

but thats a minor complaint, i'm all for moving there

Random battles is just a bunch of random already buildt Pokemon. CC would be the same as the "random" on PO.

Since I started my competitive career on Showdown I would love to change to that. I find the teambuiler much easier and you won't need to deal with all the new windows that pop up on PO. The community might be bad and I get a lot more haxed on Showdown, but I still prefer it.

To be honest, I don't want to switch to Showdown only for the reason that there is no client for Android, and 99% of the time I'm on PO is with my phone.

I'll try to see if I can get on the website with my browser on my phone without trouble.

Edited by Gyaradoskiller

• Administrators

Why?

From what I was told, someone was renamed to the title of one of the main area's admins, and, although I don't know the specifics, was able to abuse that name somehow. I'm not sure how severe it was, but it was apparently bad enough to warrant the termination of that command.

Now that I think about it, while I am still 100% for the switch, I remembered that there is a decent chance that spam attacks will be quite frequently as psim.us generally has more people hopping around servers looking for good ones to spam attack than PO. Just something I remember from personal experience.