Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

Soooo I just saw something veeerrrry interesting. It's about the map. Let's take a look at it.

8evgXrY.jpg

Looks normal right? You think that from the starting place, you just walk up through the open forest like area and go into that city like area but hold on.

nHV8rTK.jpg

The starter place is all cut off by the mountain. Which means you can just walk up through all of that open area. So what do you do?

KZvOvHx.jpg

That train station. I think that's where you'll go to get out of there and you'll probably end up in that red building. Do whatever you have/want to do there and then you'll be allowed to explore all that open land. Idk if I'm stupid and just NOW saw that and everyone else saw it but yea. I thought that was interesting.

So far I'm most entertained by the angry Scottish lass jokes being made about the main female character.

When I play these I'm definitely role-playing her as exactly that.

5 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Soooo I just saw something veeerrrry interesting. It's about the map. Let's take a look at it.

8evgXrY.jpg

Looks normal right? You think that from the starting place, you just walk up through the open forest like area and go into that city like area but hold on.

nHV8rTK.jpg

The starter place is all cut off by the mountain. Which means you can just walk up through all of that open area. So what do you do?

KZvOvHx.jpg

That train station. I think that's where you'll go to get out of there and you'll probably end up in that red building. Do whatever you have/want to do there and then you'll be allowed to explore all that open land. Idk if I'm stupid and just NOW saw that and everyone else saw it but yea. I thought that was interesting.

Hmmm that could be a way. Though I think it ends up being in that lone train station in the middle of the big landscape just above the starting town. It’s the only one that looks like it’s connected to while in the industrial city, there could be many more connections. We never know 👀

Gamexplain also said there would be two professors since there are two purple houses? I think the first purple house that is located in the first town is just the trainer school. It just sort of looks more like a school other than a house.

3 hours ago, wcv said:

So far I'm most entertained by the angry Scottish lass jokes being made about the main female character.

When I play these I'm definitely role-playing her as exactly that.

LMAOOO those scottish memes are the best 😂

6D5DB872-AA6B-4C47-9DB0-154509AFF920.thumb.jpeg.7683a9be3255f83e6a030edbdb341f45.jpeg

Attention rumor fans!! If you guys have twitter, be sure to check out the “rumor mill” group. Jynx club already approved of their credibility so be on a look out! They have hinted Sword and Shield before the direct:

CD998367-62-A9-4102-906-F-C82891-A28-ADB

As always treat everything they post with a grain of salt. Keep in mind though, this might 100% legit rumors so be vigilant 🧐

12 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Hmmm that could be a way. Though I think it ends up being in that lone train station in the middle of the big landscape just above the starting town. It’s the only one that looks like it’s connected to while in the industrial city, there could be many more connections. We never know 👀

Gamexplain also said there would be two professors since there are two purple houses? I think the first purple house that is located in the first town is just the trainer school. It just sort of looks more like a school other than a house.

And wow. I didn't even notice that. xD Maybe I need glasses. Lol. Yea. I think that's probably more plausible.

Omg! I've probably rewatched the GameXplain thing like 20 times now. And I mean like all 3 of their videos. It's so fascinating what they bring up.

I hope whenever we go onto trains, it's not just we go on and go directly to the destination. I'd love it if we could explore the cars as we're riding on it.

I'm not sure that the southest part of the map is actually the starting town.

There are other places it can be.

Of course it would be silly for the whole journey to be a simple linear path to the north.

And side-tracking to various villages left and right doesn't deviate from that.

I'm expecting a route similar to what J-Alright-One said, although a lot more non-linear with backtracking and travelling to Ireland, the Isle of Man, or the Fearow Islands.

IF 

the actual battle is about machines VS local [celtic] lore

THEN

the Steel and Dragon Eeveelutions might make sense

Otherwise a Scottish Fighting Eevee will do just fine.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, NickCrash said:

What's going to become of alolan forms? How does one get them in the UK? Will there be imported pokemon, or should all possible ones hold specific items?

What happens if I want an A-Vulpix? Do I make a K-Vulpix, then evolve it magically, then breed it?

It will probably be exactly the same as Kanto Forms in Alola. That is they will not be available outside of being traded in.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, NickCrash said:

Do we get a new pika-clone? What do you expect of the new pika-clone? Will it be powerful like Azumarill and Mimikyu, situational like Togedemaru or crappy like Minun?

Disregarding Azumarill and Mimikyu because they aren't "Pikaclones", we are going to get another electric rodent, its tradition at this point. I just hope we get an interesting secondary typing on it. I would be partial to an Electric/Poison rodent myself, but who knows.

Spoiler

unknown.png

This battle skin from XY shows all the Pikaclones of the time, no Azu meaning it isn't one. even though it should be obvious it wasn't one in the first place

7 hours ago, NickCrash said:

I'm not sure that the southest part of the map is actually the starting town.

There are other places it can be.

Considering we can see the house which the player character walks out of in the trailer down there, its more than likely. It would be odd for them to include a house that looks pretty much identical (from this scale) to the starter house on the map when it isn't actually the starter house.

Also on the subject of Eeveelution. We are definitely on schedule to receive a new one, considering its been 2 gens since we got our last one, and it was 2 gens before that for the previous two. Considering the fact Fairy was the last eeveelution introduced, it is likely that we will receive either Steel/Poison (or both, but thats less likely) to complete a SE typing against Fairy. The other most likely possibility is a Dragon eeveelution, again for the SE loop, but this time being weak to Fairy.

• Like 1

@Swampellow 

Azu has been considered an equivalent to the pikachu line (or "pikaclone") first because of its status as the pokemon the prof presents to the player in the starting sequence, secondly because of the relationship in the anime (although I don't remember that accurately).

Besides that, I don't see any reason not to inlcude Mimikyu to the list, since pikaclones are supposedly there to fill the gap the lack of a pikachu leaves. The concept of the pokemon is to resemble Pikachu in order to be loved. 

The rest are simply electric rodents. The lack of an electric type is the only plausible excuse for the 2 above not to be considered part of the group, albeit having much closer ties to Pikachu than the rest.

As for the starting town, I'm well aware of the trailer

However, I have noticed 2 towns with such characteristics. One in the southernmost part and another northwest of poke-London.

That's why I award the possibility of that not being the starting town, although I do believe it's very improbable.

For the most part I agree with you on the eeveelutions. 

Usually they come in pairs, excluding the 1st generation in which we received the first 3. 

And then Sylveon was alone. Sure it was along with the introduction of the Fairy type, but we could have received another one.

Now, I'm actually expecting a Steel or Dragon one, not to "balance" the eevees. That hasn't been an objective ever since the first ones were introduced.

At least it has never been circular.

As I said above, if the lore allows it, I'd welcome a Dragon and/or Steel type eevee. 

I don't see the Poison one coming, but sth like 'Toxeon' would be fun if done properly.

I'm a simple smol candy and categorize pikaclones based on whether they have cheek pouch-like things on their faces. That would include mimikyu's fake pikachu face, but not the marill line.

The Marill line is not a Pikachu clone because they don't resemble Pikachu in any meaningful way. They aren't electric type, and Azumarill isn't even a rodent. The only connection between Pikachu and Marill was that old idea that Marill was some kind of evolution of Pikachu, which literally anyone that gave the subject more than two seconds of thought would have realized was nonsense. Yes, even back then.

Mimikyu is not a Pikaclone for similiar reasons.

Pikachu clones are small, cute electric rodents meant to appeal to existing fans of Pikachu. That's why they all look so similiar.

This is a rumor but we will actually see if at least the 1st paragraph of it is real! Btw, I got this from a video I screenshotted. Thought it'd be easier and quicker for you all to see it like this than in a video format.

SXmip6C.png

I'm writing in this next part because the video I screenshotted it from had their facecam over most of the sentence here.

"You can do the 1st 3 stadiums in Galar in any order. Fire, water and grass"

xsIin4f.png

The only thing I'm hoping for is the trailer. I wanna see new stuff. But like I said, it's just a rumor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

This is a rumor but we will actually see if at least the 1st paragraph of it is real! Btw, I got this from a video I screenshotted. Thought it'd be easier and quicker for you all to see it like this than in a video format.

SXmip6C.png

I'm writing in this next part because the video I screenshotted it from had their facecam over most of the sentence here.

"You can do the 1st 3 stadiums in Galar in any order. Fire, water and grass"

xsIin4f.png

The only thing I'm hoping for is the trailer. I wanna see new stuff. But like I said, it's just a rumor.

Hmmmmmmm taking it with a grain of salt. I really don't want to believe anything that states that we're going back to Kalos since it's too good to be true. Let's just see if we get anything on the 13th though I assume the next trailer will be in May or something. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, J-Awesome_One said:

It's possible. The leak is somewhat credible because the 1st 2 that were said was that the games were to be named Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield and that it'd be taking place in Great Britain and it was posted almost a week before the announcement of those games.

Lucky Guess. Just like Vergeben.

So it seems we have gotten the TINIEST (& I can't express how tiny it is) bit of information about the new Pokemon Sword and Shield games. It is confirmed that the stadium-like buildings are the actual Gyms. Many of us basically figured that out as soon as we saw the trailer last week. BUT, the bit of new info we got is that the people that run the gyms aren't called Gym Leaders. They are referred to as Gym Masters.

https://www.serebii.net/

On 3/8/2019 at 12:35 AM, wcv said:

The only connection between Pikachu and Marill was that old idea that Marill was some kind of evolution of Pikachu, which literally anyone that gave the subject more than two seconds of thought would have realized was nonsense. Yes, even back then.

Mimikyu is not a Pikaclone for similiar reasons.

I have never seen that argument about Marill.

It's nonesense to think Marill is an evolution of Pikachu, and that's beside the point.

It's also nonesense to claim antiquity equals validity. 

"Pikaclones" is a term dubbed by the fanbase because of similarities, in games and anime. Not the creators. 

Anything that resembles or reminds people of Pikachu, may be dubbed as one.

Mimikyu cannot be for similar reason(S) because nobody would ever think of it as part of Pikachu's evolutionary line.

The connection "in a meaningful way" could be found in Mimikyu's pokedex entries.

Since there have been more connections presented both here and elsewhere, at least let's avoid the strawmanning.

The only sensible argument against those two being pika-clones is that they aren't Electric-type. /debate

From the titles of the new games, one could speculate that they'd research Offense and Defense, but that seems odd.

In previous generations not all professors were contributing to gameplay, so it's not necessary that the new one(s) do.

Secondly, we've already searched Attacks in the very previous gen, with Z-moves being the centre of attention.

Were the new ones targeted at BOTH attack and defense, there would be serious changes in the gameplay. 

So far we've seen

• Gen1: Pokemon
  • Gen2: Eggs / Natures
  • Gen3: Habitats
  • Gen4: Evolution
  • Gen5: Origins
  • Gen6: Evolution
  • Gen7: Attacks

Let's hope they have something more substantial than that.

The bug in the "leak trailer" looks horrendous. 

It's a good design, pointing towards being official.

The wings don't bother me. 

Let's just hope it's not a basic design taken from another game, and tweaked to look like a pokemon.

22 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

I have never seen that argument about Marill.

It's nonesense to think Marill is an evolution of Pikachu, and that's beside the point.

t's also nonesense to claim antiquity equals validity. 

The "link" between Marill and Pikachu goes back to the initial reveal of the Generation II Pokemon back in the first movie, and one of the earliest was Marill. At the time a lot of people thought it was a water evolution of Pikachu, nicknamed Pikablu. I remember thinking the idea was nonsense in the second grade, but everyone else in the class (this was back when Pokemon was the biggest thing that had ever existed) believed it because of that one kid who's uncle totally worked at Nintendo, despite the fact that none of the claims were ever true.

Gym Masters.. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Well that's different. I guess there will be a change of gameplay in gym battles. Considering the particular symbol that was embedded on the japanese logo of Pokemon Sword and Shield are on those signs outside of the gym stadiums, this will be the center gimmick of the games. 

7 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Sorry for the double post but omg! This is a POTENTIAL leak! It looks promising but it could also be just a real good fake. Check out the video.

🧐 I feel like this is fake. There are bits of problems when you observe the background and the color shading of the mon. But I feel like that would be a really cool mon if were to be true. Though I highly doubt it to be legit.

In other news guys, this just happened:

.................................................... At this rate, Mewtwo can just throw Arceus to the trash cause of how overpowered he will be. Buuuuuuut it is to be expected of course. I'm still clinging this to be just a random trademark for the movie. Please.

I have another one!! One of the members of "rumor mill" tweeted this picture. Let's take a look..

Maybe maybe maybe maybe it's hinting towards there being lords of Galar? Pretty vague huh.

Lastly, I also want to share Glitch's brand new remix! It's beautiful. Got my hyped again in this Gen 8 train 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Another interesting theory! Things are spicing up huh 😄

You know, I can't remember what video I watched but they were reading rumors and some of them were saying that half the gym leaders were like for the sword and the other for shield or something like that.

47 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

You know, I can't remember what video I watched but they were reading rumors and some of them were saying that half the gym leaders were like for the sword and the other for shield or something like that.

I recall that too! They're speculating that there might be "Houses" in Galar and that people are divided into these groups which play a big part in the story. Am I wrong or is this Game of Thrones? 

You should also check his twitter account! He has a lot of theories, particularly the one with the map of the Galar region. That one was so heavily detailed it's so amazing 🤩

Oh and I just saw that Serebii said that Nintendo deleted the tweet about Gym masters. Guess it was a leak then lmao someone in nintendo is hyped for gen 8 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

I recall that too! They're speculating that there might be "Houses" in Galar and that people are divided into these groups which play a big part in the story. Am I wrong or is this Game of Thrones? 

You should also check his twitter account! He has a lot of theories, particularly the one with the map of the Galar region. That one was so heavily detailed it's so amazing 🤩

Oh and I just saw that Serebii said that Nintendo deleted the tweet about Gym masters. Guess it was a leak then lmao someone in nintendo is hyped for gen 8 😂

I'm 1 of the few that doesn't watch Game Of Thrones so I have no clue. Lol. And I know. But I mean we at least know something different. Even if it's just a tiny bit. Lol. I REALLY hope March 13th trailer is real. I need to have something. I think we can save some story for later. I want just like at least 2 to 3 Pokemon reveals. That is if it's true at least.