Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

6 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

Oh funky! I can't wait to try those out once I get done with my current runs, especially that Dusknoir one.

My instinct is sirfetched as well but I'm concerned by it's non-flying typing. Why would a ff alt not be fighting/flying?

Could have lost its ability to fly

4 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

...This feels like a lamer version of the Squid Research Lab from Splatoon 2's prerelease material. Not exactly a good feeling, to be honest... 😓

Maybe they'll release a trailer with it as well and not just the reveal of the glitched mon. 

All in all I-I just want to see Sirfetch'd...... 

Would it be totally crazy if Sirfetch'd turned out to be real and cool then suddenly it has crappy stats... that would be a very gamefreak thing to do tbh.

1 hour ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Whoooooo's ready for the 18th?!

https://www.serebii.net/

Alarm is set, coffee is on standby and eyebags are on clutch. Let's gooo

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:41 AM, Autumn Zephyr said:

I personally don't think it's the legendary sirfetch'd myself (seriously, why would they just remove one of farfetch'd's Ability slots on evolution?).

Spoiler

BRB, eating leek- wait, it's Sword exclusive while I was already leaning more toward Shield? Hah, I'm kinda, sorta, technically correct after all! ...But then, what is its counterpart? 🤔 And even weirder, how is this guy our first new Fighting Type this Gen.?!

1 hour ago, Autumn Zephyr said:
  Hide contents

BRB, eating leek- wait, it's Sword exclusive while I was already leaning more toward Shield? Hah, I'm kinda, sorta, technically correct after all! ...But then, what is its counterpart? 🤔 And even weirder, how is this guy our first new Fighting Type this Gen.?!

YOOOO He’s officially revealed!! Bish I’m so happy for my boi 🥺 it’s been 20+ years ghadam he more than deserves it!

He looking kinda handsome tho.. 😳😳

One thing that excites me about this is the part that it is an exclusive to Pokemon Sword. That means if there will be a Pokemon Shield counterpart, the mon should be something along the lines of:

1. A galarian form too.

2. As useless as Farfetch’d in the past or share the same concept.

I’m betting on Dunsparce, Delibird or Qwilfish!! If any these three get’s an evo too, then the reason of my being will be fulfilled.

• Like 1

Everyone: Omg Sirfetch'd!

Me: xD I can't wait to see Maqqy's reaction

16 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

He looking kinda handsome tho.. 😳😳

One thing that excites me about this is the part that it is an exclusive to Pokemon Sword. That means if there will be a Pokemon Shield counterpart, the mon should be something along the lines of:

1. A galarian form too.

2. As useless as Farfetch’d in the past or share the same concept.

I’m betting on Dunsparce, Delibird or Qwilfish!! If any these three get’s an evo too, then the reason of my being will be fulfilled.

I was actually wondering why our duck knight is exclusive to Sword, considering that they're holding both a stalk and a shield :thonk:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

That duck is Ferdinand Von Aegir. I don't make the rules

Ferdinand Von Mallard? 🤔

Spoiler

W7BakvK.png

Anyway, I'd be down for a dunsparce counterpart, I've always kinda liked the big snake more than the self-cooking duck anyway. I have heard a number folks hoping that it'd be a Ghost Type to match with Allister, but given that the only connection I can really see between sirfetch'd and Bea are their Types, I'm not sure that theory holds up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Autumn Zephyr
No apologies will be made.
  • Upvote 2

It lost the Zorro-esque mask of old to become a more traditional sword/shield knight.  Resurrected from the Spaceworld G/S Demo, this bird will show you the power it's been restraining for so long.

(comparison 2 pics)

Spoiler

664fde00cc6b56098abdd6ee9a69ab3b.jpeg

3581649-fetch.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, seki108 said:

It lost the Zorro-esque mask of old to become a more traditional sword/shield knight.  Resurrected from the Spaceworld G/S Demo, this bird will show you the power it's been restraining for so long.

(comparison 2 pics)

Hide contents

664fde00cc6b56098abdd6ee9a69ab3b.jpeg

3581649-fetch.jpg

I can totally see the GSC demo mon to be Sirfetch’d’s evo. Who knows maybe it will have one 👀

26 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Yes! Sirfetch'd! I'm loving this so much! Buuut... I am a little confused. It is an evolution of Farfetch'd right and not just a G.F.?

NVM! I immediately found my answer as soon as I posted this. XD

Yeah I was hit by confuse ray too but it is in fact an evo! Otherwise it would have been named GF Farfetch’d. 

I’m just really praying for good stats. His weight just really scares me it might have like 20 speed I’m terrified. But, it won’t stop me from loving this chad nonetheless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Yeah I was hit by confuse ray too but it is in fact an evo! Otherwise it would have been named GF Farfetch’d. 

I’m just really praying for good stats. His weight just really scares me it might have like 20 speed I’m terrified. But, it won’t stop me from loving this chad nonetheless.

I think it's not gonna have the best speed but not like 20. Maybe like... 60? It's deff gonna have a good attack though and maybe decent defense.

24 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

I think it's not gonna have the best speed but not like 20. Maybe like... 60? It's deff gonna have a good attack though and maybe decent defense.

It’s unpredictable since it’s GF sigh. It’s signature move is a fighting type Giga Impact and it’s hmm okay. Hopefully it has Sacred Sword!! Also, a good HA. I just want my boy to be in Ubers lol cause he deserves it 😁

23 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

It’s unpredictable since it’s GF sigh. It’s signature move is a fighting type Giga Impact and it’s hmm okay. Hopefully it has Sacred Sword!! Also, a good HA. I just want my boy to be in Ubers lol cause he deserves it 😁

nah it was just retaliate

...I highly doubt it'll be Ubers, Probably OU at most. It'll certainly do quite a bit better than farfetch'd, though, (presumably higher stats and trading a weakness to Stealth Rock for a resistance to it are pretty big) so that's already a plus. Farfetch'd already has a base 90 Attack stat these days (+25 from where it was in Gen. 6, BTW), so it shouldn't be too unreasonable to expect sirfetch'd to have a pretty respectable punch. 

The worry lies in the rest of its stats, though. It obviously isn't going to be very fast (assuming that appearance matters here), but seeing as farfetch'd is already at a meager base 60, it'll likely just stay there. It's defensive stats are gonna need to be substantially increased for sirfetch'd to be worthwhile in the competitive scene, especially since its only way to bypass its pathetic Speed so far are the one-time-use First Impression and the weak (and newly STAB-less!) Quick Attack. Even adding 20 points in all of the bulk-related stats would give sirfetch'd a 72/75/82 bulk spread, which isn't exactly very inspiring for something that will inevitably take a couple hits. It might be able to pull off a Curse set, at least?

2 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Weighing a lot doesn't always mean a cut in speed. You could have that weight in muscle, which gives a chance for good - great speed for Sir Duck Knight. 

Now two things....

I'll make my peace when G. Skitty and Delcatty are officially revealed, as well as Impidimp~

36 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Weighing a lot doesn't always mean a cut in speed. You could have that weight in muscle, which gives a chance for good - great speed for Sir Duck Knight. 

Now two things....

I'll make my peace when G. Skitty and Delcatty are officially revealed, as well as Impidimp~

Yea seriously. Where is Impidimp? It's been like what? 3 months since we saw it revealed in E3? And hmm. G.F. Skitty and Delcatty? I will only agree to that if they give Delcatty an evolution.

Famous mecha designer Obari randomly posted fanart of Sirfetch’d because it looked cool.  Freaking Obari!  Well, that's a good end to this day.

Spoiler

I'm all for giving the Skitty line SOMETHING to make it decent at some role.  

• Like 1