Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Maqqy

I... don't imagine that Ash himself would have an overwhelming response to it, to be honest. A farfetch'd gave the party a lot of trouble in the OG season, so he doesn't exactly see it as being as laughable as we do. He probably would be impressed by the fancy new shield, though. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Doesn't Ash get excited about any Pokemon he sees? Is he even gonna be in Gen 8?

Pretty much. And we don't know if he will be; It's hard to say. Some speculate a new main protagonist may be introduced for gen 8 anime, while others question how could the makers take him away after all this time.

Also note that being champion doesn't make one a Master, so Ash isn't a Pokemon Master yet. He's gotta play and beat Pokemon Masters first

Meanwhile, I just want to see the starters' evolutions already ;-;

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Some speculate a new main protagonist

I SURE HOPE SO

16 hours ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Doesn't Ash get excited about any Pokemon he sees? Is he even gonna be in Gen 8?

True dat😂😂 The Gen 8 thing, Im divided. U knowww, it might feel kinda empty without him, but IF he comes then it'd be SUPER DUPER ELECTRO-

Sorry. Got a little Julia stuck in myself.

Anywayz~~

It'd be super weird to have him for ANOTHER gen, when he is already more than 22 years old! Doesn't he like know wth is a college?

24 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

So this happened:

There's no guarantee that it'll happen, but I appreciate that the most popular choice was a choice at all!

Wow. That’s kind of surprising. I mean I know people wanted that but over difficulty settings? Damn.

48 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Some very interesting news about Sword and Shield. Apparently on October 4th, Sonia, Professor Magnolia's assistant, is asking for our help with her Pokemon research.

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-live-camera/

The Pokemon Website has been infected by loads of Krabby as well 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀

Galarian Krabby 👀

Honestly, I misinterpreted this stuff as dataminers somehow managing to get into the game a month and a half early when I first saw the story yesterday. Granted, I wasn't exactly thinking the straightest in general at the time, but that was a bit of a shock regardless... 😅

So far we got this one:

I think the intention for this was just to keep watching until you see a glimpse of the mon, sort of like taking a picture in SM/USUM but the mon is hiding. I'm expecting a new bug-type atleast, since it's the only type that had not been revealed so far.

There was a galloping sound when a vague pinkish blob passed by the top-right corner, so it does make some sense.

...I do find it a bit odd that they brought slurpuff back when they already have alcremie, though. Helps out the folks who want to run a bakery-themed team, I guess, but ther's almost enough dual-Typed Fairies to make a reasonably balanced Mono-team without having to double dip on the Single-Types at this point.

5 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

...I do find it a bit odd that they brought slurpuff back when they already have alcremie, though.

I will admit i haven't been paying too close attention to the reveals, but i kinda figured that alcremie was going to be an evolution of slurpuff (or a branch i guess), although considering slurpuff is a trade evo itself would make that odd. But considering how thematicaly similiar the 2 are (and both having the same base ability) there is probably some connection.

"Bug Types have become too strong. We must nerf them somehow!"
"Uh, couldn't we just put that bad ones in and leave it at that?"
"No! They must be made non-existent!"

"...Not even butterfree's allowed?"
"...Fine. But only because it's from Gen. 1!"

Yup, seems like a ridiculous prospect to me. Surely they've got something chitinous in the works, right?

21 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

They might go the Gen 6 Route and only have new 1 Bug Pokemon in the game.

I didn't even realized this until you stated it just now. Vivillion line really the only bugs in Kalos? That's.... sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"If we give it a ton of alternate wing designs, maybe it won't feel so lonely!"-someone trying to pitch vivillon to Sugimori's design team

On the plus side, it's certainly quite a good 'mon despite its 'Early Route Bug" status- and without needing to resort to an HA, at that!

• Upvote 1