Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

1 hour ago, RedAlert said:

Unlikely but what are the odds? Really low xD

And it happens way too often. I've also had the enemy gym leader getting four critical hits in a row, which has a (6.25/100)^4 chance to happen, which is around 0.00001525878, if I'm not wrong. I do feel that the critical hits are boosted quite a bit in this game, and I'm not sure if the buffs are only for gym leader and boss-specific events.

Ooh, nice. If you're talking about Shelly, pretty cool. I'm not having an easy time with her myself :P

Sometimes the odds are against you, other times they are in your favour. But I swear that couple days ago I yelled "Can I stop getting critical hit by EVERYTHING?"

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAPTER 5: Gym Leaders are easy... What about the others though?!

Ah... A great start for a new installment. Grimdark scenery at its finest, Corey is quite dead and the Grand Staircase got blown up. Magnificent. We head to Lapis Ward, explore around and do stuff... By the way, does anyone know how the fucking brain of people in Lapis Ward works? They are shocked by witnessing a live suicide. "Oh God, I'm shocked, I will battle you!". How on Earth this makes ANY sense? Whatever though, I like destroying snotty rich people, so I do so. And then I see Victoriaa consoling Shelly out of the latter's Gym. Shade picks up Corey's body (and the blood stains as well, Shade must've been a cleaner in some previous life of his), Aster derps, Eclipse gets mad, and we keep consoling Shelly!

Oh, by the way, we get our Growlithe, breed it and offer an egg to the police officer who lost his! So, we claim the Mystery Egg. Which means that now, we can use Charybdis, my Tentacool, since it is possible to get Tentacool by the Mystery Egg too! (I think mine is a Frillish, but I don't really care xD). I also discovered a couple more shiny Poison in my other save files. A Venonat and a Foongus. I trained up Venonat, EV and level and now it is a shiny Venomoth with a perfectly useless moveset! But I can't use Foongus till I get to Azurine Island... Anyways, I introduce them to you!

Spoiler

venomoth.gif

Hestia, the Venomoth (Female)

Shiny: Yes

Bashful/Wonder Skin

• Gust
  • Psybeam
  • Stun Spore
  • Sleep Powder

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hestia (Goddess of the hearth! Wings are resembling flames, so there's your explanation! ;))

foongus.gif

Pasithea, the Foongus (Female)

Shiny: Yes

Modest/Effect Spore

• Feint Attack
  • Giga Drain
  • Ingrain
  • Sweet Scent

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasitheahttp://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/KharisPasithea.html (Goddess of meditation, relaxation aaaand... HALLUCINOGENIC DRUGS. Spore and Powder moves are pretty much self-explanatory, right?)

Anyways, here are our (boring) adventures of exploring the Lapis Ward!

Spoiler

After the boring stuff, the interesting stuff started! But then Victoria derps and wants to check out Meteor business at Grand Staircase. You know the drill. Abducted, We save her, blah blah... Then we return to Lapis Ward Gym, but Victoria now sends us to find a Psychiatrist to help Shelly, who suffers from PTSD. We go to the Orphanage/Psychiatric Clinic/Electricity provider of Reborn and meet Anna, Noel and Charlotte! And (sadly) Dr. Sigmund Connal, who sends Orderly John to test our skills, before denying us Gym battles with his patients. Back to Shelly's Gym it is, and I start to look like a tennis ball, bouncing back and forth like an idiot (thanks to Victoria, ahem...). Shelly becomes again fully functional thanks to Anna's advice (thank fuck the Lord) and Victoria once again "tries" to prevent us from doing what we have to! She succeeds? Or fails? Well, watch the video! ;) 

VS NEW WORLD ORDERLY JOHN/VICTORIA (watch them both, you'll be entertained xD)

Spoiler

Oh, you are back? My viewers already watched it? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT MORE?! Fuck off, I can't be a$$ed right now, I'm too busy with being all curled up in a corner (the specific one where Corey died) and crying, give me a break.... :( 

Ahem, so, let's try this again, Vicky... Please, mercy!!!

VS VICTORIA (TAKE #2)

Spoiler

Victory vs Victoria! Christ, this must've been the toughest fight of the history of mankind. Combined with the humiliation by Orderly John. Yeah. Not my day!

But anyways, after all this degradation by random ass trainers and rivals, all that separated me from my third badge was Shelly! And the abominable library puzzle (and some random Bug trainers, but they were relatively easy to defeat). I swear I'd prefer to STUDY all of those books that do this puzzle on my own. But I did it, on my own, for the first time! Good job Jess Venam! :D (By the way, A LOT of grinding and EV training took place before fighting Shelly. I had enough humiliation, I want revenge from this game, and I want it now!)

So, Shelly, here we come... GOT MY LEAF STONE TOO! Weepinbell is sooooo becoming a Victreebel, as soon as she learns Razor Leaf!

But without further ado...

VS SHELLY

The team I used vs Shelly was:

Spoiler

garbodor.gif

Typhon, the Garbodor (Male) (Yep, Trubbish evolved!)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Poison Gem)

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Toxic
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Toxic Spikes

dustox.gif

Erinys, the Dustox (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Docile/Shield Dust

• Psybeam
  • Venoshock
  • Silver Wind
  • Moonlight

skuntank.gif

Hemera, the Skuntank (Female) (Yep, Stunky evolved too and has its first Gym Battle as a Skuntank!)

Shiny: No (Item: Metronome)

Hasty/Aftermath

• Slash
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough
  • Acid Spray

tentacruel.gif

Charybdis, the Tentacruel (Male) (Yes, Tentacool evolved as well! ONLY SOLUTION, REVOLUTION)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Sea Incense)

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Water Pulse
  • Barrier
  • Toxic Spikes

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Crunch
  • Glare

koffing.gif

Nemesis, the Koffing (Female) (EVOLVE ALREADY!!!!)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Iron Ball)

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge
  • Haze

I won't torture you any longer with my babbling! Enjoy the battle! ;) Also, feel free to hate this horrid puzzle...

Spoiler

So, we got our third badge (the Cocoon badge), level cap up to 40 (probably, as Shelly says), and TM for Struggle Bug!

And now, we gotta head back to Grand Hall and inform Ame about Corey's suicide, to face (eventually, at some point, in the -not so near- future) the Poison reserve leader...

But this will happen in the next chapter of this pooooiiiiisonous run!

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess

Tentacruel is the boss! Honestly, I was disappointed when I got it in my mystery egg (because I thought it was boring) but it's defense stat really helped me a lot. And Shelly really looked like a walk in the park to be fair, so it's safe to say you've reclaimed your pride :)

And I can't help but feel like you still don't like Victoria...

11 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Tentacruel is the boss! Honestly, I was disappointed when I got it in my mystery egg (because I thought it was boring) but it's defense stat really helped me a lot. And Shelly really looked like a walk in the park to be fair, so it's safe to say you've reclaimed your pride :)

And I can't help but feel like you still don't like Victoria...

Yes, Tentacruel rocks. I defeated Shelly quite easily, stalled out the rain without an issue, took advantage of it with Tentacruel, then directly set her field on fire with Skuntank. Everything went according to plan!

Also, fuck that Kirlia and his Psychic...

And fuck Orderly John and his Mirror Shots... xD

22 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Yeah, those really messed you up! Especially the Kirlia. I don't exactly remember, but I think she killed at least four of your mons when it was her only one left

The disadvantage of having only Pokemons that are slow as hell left, while having to face a counter. I'm advancing at the moment WAAAAY faster than the pace in which I can update my run. I just defeated Kiki... :D 

20 minutes ago, Jess said:

The disadvantage of having only Pokemons that are slow as hell left, while having to face a counter. I'm advancing at the moment WAAAAY faster than the pace in which I can update my run. I just defeated Kiki... :D 

That's a good thing right?

22 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

That's a good thing right?

I think so, yes! :D Glad you keep following the progress! Honestly, this run feels so easy compared to the Bug Monotype.

4 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Good battle Jess :). Masquerain and Anorith were really annoying. Ahah Tentacruel has preferred to commit a suicide rather than to be defeated xD.

Thank you @LykosHand! Yes, indeed. At least Shield Dust of my Dustox stopped the Struggle Bug from crippling my Sp. Attack down, so it put some good work before fainting!

And yes, my jellyfish is too proud to admit defeat! xD

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Thank you @LykosHand! Yes, indeed. At least Shield Dust of my Dustox stopped the Struggle Bug from crippling my Sp. Attack down, so it put some good work before fainting!

And yes, my jellyfish is too proud to admit defeat! xD

You're welcome :), yeah i fully agree with you. Ahah yes exactly but i admire what he did xD

2 minutes ago, Tacuara said:

Orderly John is actually a decent fight.

He once surprised me in a normal run because i just fought with him automatically, and in your case you actually have a huge weakness to magnemite. Nice job.

Yes, Magnemite line is easily countered with Fire attacks, which my Skuntanks have, Fighting attacks, which my Nidorino had, but was too weak to retaliate, or Mud Bombs by Grimer/Arbok. I had almost none of them in my squad at that moment, so, RIP me. :( 

Edited by Jess

3 hours ago, Jess said:

Yes, Magnemite line is easily countered with Fire attacks, which my Skuntanks have, Fighting attacks, which my Nidorino had, but was too weak to retaliate, or Mud Bombs by Grimer/Arbok. I had almost none of them in my squad at that moment, so, RIP me. :( 

I'm pretty sure you can pick up that Croagunk now. No more Magnemite troubles!

Great job! You made Shelly look unbelievably easy.

Also, why not evolve Nidorino? Are you waiting for a specific move?

As @Revan already mentioned, Croagunk exists to take care of any future Steel types.

7 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Nidorino learns poison jab at level 43, and nidoking learns earth power at the same level

also Jess, you made shelly look like a very easy battle, you humiliated defeated her bugs

3 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Nidorino learns poison jab at level 43, and nidoking learns earth power at the same level

also Jess, you made shelly look like a very easy battle, you humiliated defeated her bugs

Ah, I guessed it'd be something like that.

5 hours ago, Revan said:

I'm pretty sure you can pick up that Croagunk now. No more Magnemite troubles!

Ohhh, I forgot about that!xD

Will go find it. I want a shiny one too, so it'll take a while! :) I will also go get Corey's Nidorina. I fancy a Nidoqueen! :D 

5 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Great job! You made Shelly look unbelievably easy.

As @Revan already mentioned, Croagunk exists to take care of any future Steel types.

Yes, Nidorino learns Poison Jab at 43... So, I will evolve him when he gets to 43. At 43 Nidoking learns also Earth Power. So, Nidorino will turn from a weakling into a beast in like 5 seconds.

2 hours ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

I got Ninja'ed by Amine! xD Yes, I didn't want to wait till Aya gives me Sludge Wave for Nidoking to get a proper Poison type Attack... ;) This battle felt unexpectedly easy. This run feels unexpectedly easy so far as well! 

Maybe because I've done it with a much worse typing (Bug), so Poison, the second best defensive typing of the game, makes it feel like it's piece of cake. Only Florinia, Orderly John and Victoria took a second try for me to defeat! And I've just defeated Kiki now... :D

Edited by Jess

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Will go find it. I want a shiny one too, so it'll take a while! :) 

Yes, Nidorino learns Poison Jab at 43... So, I will evolve him when he gets to 43. At 43 Nidoking learns also Earth Power. So, Nidorino will turn from a weakling into a beast in like 5 seconds.

I got Ninja'ed by Amine! xD Yes, I didn't want to wait till Aya gives me Sludge Wave for Nidoking to get a proper Poison type Attack... ;) This battle felt unexpectedly easy. This run feels unexpectedly easy so far as well! 

Maybe because I've done it with a much worse typing (Bug), so Poison, the second best defensive typing of the game, makes it feel like it's piece of cake. Only Florinia, Orderly John and Victoria took a second try for me to defeat! And I've just defeated Kiki now... :D

Omg. Kiki was a BITCH for me to beat with my Ice Types. -.- It wasn't even her ace that I was having trouble with. It was always either Hitmonlee or Lucario.

Edited by Awesome_One

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

Will go find it. I want a shiny one too, so it'll take a while! :) I will also go get Corey's Nidorina. I fancy a Nidoqueen! :D 

Nice, kiki got some dirt now :>

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Nidoqueen <3

Permission to flaunt it from my main run?

Spoiler

nido.png

@RedAlert Wow, that Nidoqueen is amazing! Toxic Spikes setter?

29 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Nice, kiki got some dirt now :>

Yep ;) 

Now gotta see how on earth I will defeat Solaris!

2 hours ago, Jess said:

@RedAlert Wow, that Nidoqueen is amazing! Toxic Spikes setter?

Yep ;) 

Now gotta see how on earth I will defeat Solaris!

You can try to use Quilfish with intimidate and cut its attack to -6 then toxic stall it with moonlight dustox

i always have a poison type to remove Toxic spikes lolol

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

14 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

You can try to use Quilfish with intimidate and cut its attack to -6 then toxic stall it with moonlight dustox

i always have a poison type to remove Toxic spikes lolol

I'd love to, since I have Intimidate on Arbok too. And I could Intimidate it till it's weak enough to take down.

Where can I catch Qwilfish?

Edit: I think Qwilfish isn't available till later in the game.... :( 

Edited by Jess

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

I'd love to, since I have Intimidate on Arbok too. And I could Intimidate it till it's weak enough to take down.

Where can I catch Qwilfish?

Edit: I think Qwilfish isn't available till later in the game.... :( 

Quilfish is in htat ice mountain (Ametrine i think) but Arbok works, i'd say get 3 arboks, but dont you have a species clause?