Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

14 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Yes, I really was. I always enjoy watching the videos, so I was happy you uploaded a new one :) 

Also, what is an Air Balloon for? What's its purpose?

Air Balloon saves you from Ground-type attacks (you aren't affected at all by them). However, if you get hit by another damaging attack, it will pop and stop saving you from Ground type attacks. I used it to make Garchomp go for Stone Edge/Fire Fang/Dragon Rush, which are moves that can miss. Then, it was all based on RNG. :) 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Jess said:

Air Balloon saves you from Ground-type attacks (you aren't affected at all by them). However, if you get hit by another damaging attack, it will pop and stop saving you from Ground type attacks. I used it to make Garchomp go for Stone Edge/Fire Fang/Dragon Rush, which are moves that can miss. Then, it was all based on RNG. :) 

Praise be to the Air Balloon

Just now, EndearingCharacterTrait said:

Praise be to the Air Balloon

Now that you said that, in Episode 17, Ame will move Air Balloons one floor up at the Department Store, so that we don't have access to them for the Garchomp fight.

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Now that you said that, in Episode 17, Ame will move Air Balloons one floor up at the Department Store, so that we don't have access to them for the Garchomp fight.

Still focus sash/counter is a great combo to defeat it :P 

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

Still focus sash/counter is a great combo to defeat it :P 

Indeed, but I couldn't be bothered to breed Counter on someone! And I wanted to save my Focus Sash for more difficult battles :) 

I don't ever recall seeing you heal until now...

Cain's character dev is all downhill from here, to think who he actually leaves Heather with..

Well-fought battles against Aya, and strats against Solaris gets an upvote from me, Acid Spray + Intimidate + Glare is a good combo just a matter of luck from there

7 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

I don't ever recall seeing you heal until now...

Cain's character dev is all downhill from here, to think who he actually leaves Heather with..

Well-fought battles against Aya, and strats against Solaris gets an upvote from me, Acid Spray + Intimidate + Glare is a good combo just a matter of luck from there

I only had to use a Super Potion in fight vs Taka at Azurine Island, but only to prevent Arbok from dying to Spikes :) 

Yes, I don't like how the game treats one of its best characters, Cain. He just gets used to guide us to where the plot takes us, by not giving us the key. But leaving Heather with Blake was a human mistake, if she assured him that she is OK...

Thanks ! :) 

Intimidate wasn't nearly enough, since it still oneshot everything on sight, but Acid Spray must be the most underrated Pokemon move in existence. And Glare is awesome to have as well.

I'm gonna have issues with my Arbok soon. Because it will learn Coil and Gunk Shot, so Acid Spray and Glare will most probably be removed. Or maybe I'll keep Glare and replace Acid Spray and Crunch. And there is Ice Fang too, which will help vs Terra. 4 move syndrome is real.

Edited by Jess

@Jess Heather assured him she was okay? I don't really understand with her not talking at some point and suddenly starting to speak after a while.

Oh I've dealt with Acid spray, trust me. The super effective Acid Sprays from the Pulse!Tangrowth gave me absolute hell. It's not underrated, it's unfair as hell xD

Rack up those heart scales and use specific move sets for the enemy you face. That's what I do, at least

15 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

@Jess Heather assured him she was okay? I don't really understand with her not talking at some point and suddenly starting to speak after a while.

Oh I've dealt with Acid spray, trust me. The super effective Acid Sprays from the Pulse!Tangrowth gave me absolute hell. It's not underrated, it's unfair as hell xD

Rack up those heart scales and use specific move sets for the enemy you face. That's what I do, at least

Yes, I admit that Heather looks hella unstable mentally, so even if she assured Cain she will be fine as she got adopted by Blake, I'd seriously doubt the clarity under which she made that decision and keep a close eye. Cain is nice, but not the sharpest person in the game!

Yes, in a Grass monotype, I can guess how much of a trouble it is. It is a damaging, 100% accurate version of Screech. Only 40 damage though, but makes sense!

So, I'll have to face all those abominable Basculins again.... Why can't we have a tiny pond with 100% Luvdiscs? :( 

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer said:

This!

This is my pokemon experience in a nutshell

I know the feeling... In all pokemon you either will have 3 good moves and be unable to fill 4th gap, or have like 5000 good moves to choose with... :( 

13 minutes ago, rayyan said:

Anna and Radomus aren't going to have pity on those poisonous Pokemon . Jk and good job defeating Aya.taka put you in a tight spot too

Radomus has fallen. LOL, defeated him just a couple hours ago :) 

Thanks @rayyan! Yes, Taka is the first one that made me use a healing item throughout the entire game so far, even if it was just a pitiful Super Potion. I've lost to a few others though, but I didn't wanna face the devil Chatter Chatot again.

Edited by Jess

Orderly John is the main antagonist.

Also by delaying Weepinbel's evolution till razor leaf (lvl 44)  you lost Victreebel's levelup moves:   Leaf Tornado  (stronger than razor leaf, and 50% chance for accuracy drop)  and the nuke that is  Leaf Storm.  At least there is move relearner post-aya.

The attack drop by Play Rough on medicham  mattered soooo much...

It seems that the AI works as it should towards Air Balloon now.  Good to know.

Also yes,  i just read a bunch of updates in a row xD

16 hours ago, LykosHand said:

@Jess Nice battle with Aya, you have shown to her who has the best poison type mons :D. Fern can't compete against your mons, so he will always lose the battles with you ;) 

But don't be so sure about Fern... His luck is beyond limit sometimes...

5 hours ago, DemICE said:

Orderly John is the main antagonist.

Also by delaying Weepinbel's evolution till razor leaf (lvl 44)  you lost Victreebel's levelup moves:   Leaf Tornado  (stronger than razor leaf, and 50% chance for accuracy drop)  and the nuke that is  Leaf Storm.  At least there is move relearner post-aya.

The attack drop by Play Rough on medicham  mattered soooo much...

It seems that the AI works as it should towards Air Balloon now.  Good to know.

Also yes,  i just read a bunch of updates in a row xD

Orderly John is a fucking boss.

Partly true about Weepinbell. I did miss Leaf Tornado, but didn't miss Leaf Storm, because it is still Gen VI and it is learnt by Victreebel at Level 47, together with Leaf Blade (instead of 32 at Gen VII). Also, Razor Leaf hits both opponents in Double Battles, so, I thought it could be useful at some point and I wanted to have it. Plus, it is physical, while Leaf Tornado is Special (and accuracy is 95% to 90% respectively)... So, I picked Razor Leaf over Leaf Tornado.

That's so true about Play Rough, I hadn't noticed and had to re-watch to realise it! By using Play Rough, Skuntank got lucky and dropped Medicham's Attack from +3 to +2, and then it survived Ice Punch from full HP with only 6 HP. It would've been dead otherwise (and I would've gotten swept probably).

Yes, and to be honest, I'd feel quite cheap if I won Garchomp because AI derped and kept using Earthquake vs Air Balloon holders due to potential super-effectiveness. Now my victory feels legit :) With a huge portion of it being luck, but still legit!

Haha, it is OK. Must be more interesting to have a good chunk of material to watch than having small fixes. I do same with Game of Thrones xD Even though I won't this season cause facebook tends to spoil everything on sight.

CHAPTER 9: Destiny cannot be evaded!

Hey everyone and here we go again, finally! Possessing the TMX Strength now, we go straight away to meet Cain and storm through Yureyu Building, reclaim our friends (and Heather, the mute) and keep tackling difficult (?) leaders! The squad has been enriched with some new members, so, the team with which I decided to tackle this perilous mission into a stronghold of Team Meteor, is the following:

Spoiler

skuntank.gif

Achlys, the Skuntank (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Metronome)

Adamant/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Flamethrower
  • Night Slash
  • Screech

venusaur.gif

Narcissus, the Venusaur (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Rose Incense)

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Dance
  • Synthesis
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

toxicroak.gif

Artemis, the Toxicroak (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Poison Barb)

Adamant/Anticipation (Used Ability Capsule to change it into Dry Skin later)

• Venoshock
  • Strength
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis (Again, backstory! She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, much like Brock's Croagunk. What a better name for my Toxicroak than this!) @Revan, I know you will appreciate this! ;) 

muk.gif

Medea, the Muk (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: None)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Gunk Shot
  • Fling
  • Minimize/Acid Armor (The latter replaced the former, evasion always works against me anyways :()

weezing.gif

Nemesis, the Weezing (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Iron Ball)

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Explosion

drapion.gif

Athena, the Drapion (Female)

Bashful/Sniper

• Night Slash
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Hone Claws
  • Venoshock

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena (The all-might Goddess of valor and wisdom, craft and war)

So, after this small introduction, right into action! :) 

VS SIRIUS

Spoiler

Thankfully, Cain didn't derp a lot (he even Shadow Balled Chandelure with Nidoking :o), Charlotte was as badass-y as ever, and we all got out unharmed. Even the mute. Anna (or Nostra?), however, felt sick after losing a memento from her father... We'll get it back, no worries sweety! So, we then messed with the Underground Railnet puzzles, only to see Heather flying away with Salamence and Cain following her to be sure she will be fine... *sigh*, what a brat Heather is at this section of the game...

So, we end up at Tanzan Cove, and Belrose Mansion, meet Laura and head to the self-teleporting (piece by piece) duet of Chrysolia Forest & Spinel Town! We observe flying Pokemarts, houses emptying themselves, meet a (stupid) lepidopterist with weird hairstyle choices, a weird religion-maniac (worshipping Pokemon in a game where Pokemon are pets, isn't the same as having a Killer Whale for your God in real life? Ridiculous) and a depressed ex-model (Serra), who is the accuracy and evasion hax Gym Leader Ice type Gym Leader!

Warning! The next video includes (apart from the me-getting-lost-in-Chrysolia-Forest part) violence by vicious Bugs towards slime-secreting beasts. Please proceed with caution!

VS BENNETT (f@#k my life)

Spoiler

Oh, previous video also introduced two more new members! The following ones!

Spoiler

ariados.gif

Arachne, the Ariados (Female)

Brave/Sniper

• Sucker Punch
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Night Shade
  • Scary Face

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachne (Amazingly talented mortal weaver who challenged Athena, goddess of wisdom and crafts, into a weaving contest; this hubris resulted in her being transformed into a spider)

nidorina.gif

Hera, the Nidorina (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Naughty/Rivalry

• Double Kick
  • Venom Drench
  • Bite
  • Strength

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hera (Queen of the Gods. Self-explanatory, isn't it :)

In the following chapters of this run, I will certainly use Nidoqueen, however I will not use Ariados, because I've already used one in my shiny run (also named it Arachne, oh, the coincidence!) AND in my Bug Monotype, and  want to try as many new Pokemon I can! But if things get bad, I might get some help from Arachne and her Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak!

Anyways, after getting humiliated by fucking Bennett, which really was a blow to my morale, I had to defeat him now. So, I switched my team around a bit

Spoiler

(soft reset once, cause when a Signal Beam gets 10000% lucky -critical hit, confuse AND make me hit myself in confusion- then you know you HAVE to say "fuck this shit" and try from scratch)

and managed to defeat him relatively easily. El praises us, and sees potential in a child whose only strategy is Quiver Dance and Field-enhanced Signal Beams. As a Bug Monotyper, this is such an insult to me and to everyone's IQ. But El has his purposes, recruiting an idiot to do the dirty jobs for him, so his nonsense is explained. BUT NOT FORGIVEN! So, to calm myself down, I will punish Serra, for raising such a dumbass! Not really her fault that he is so easily manipulated, but he is too much of a weirdo.

VS SERRA (Bonus: VS BENNETT)

Serra proved to be a worthy adversary! It took two times to defeat her, and both were relatively close fights! The team I chose to face her, was the following:

Spoiler

toxicroak.gif

Adamant/Anticipation

• Poison Jab
  • Rock Smash
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

venusaur.gif

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Dance
  • Nature Power
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Docile/Intimidate

• Crunch
  • Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Glare

muk.gif

Medea, the Muk (Female)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Gunk Shot
  • Fling
  • Acid Armor

nidoking.gif

Colcheum, the Nidoking (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Black Sludge)

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Focus Energy

weezing.gif

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Destiny Bond

So, without further ado... Sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight! the ride, cause this is a good one! (Too many Ryanair flights last year, pardon me)

Spoiler

And with this, we had our 6th (the Rime) Badge! And TM for Frost Breath (useless :() and raised level cap to Lv. 55! And now, we can go find the Pokemart, get Anna's Medicine and save the day once again!

But, this means I have to find my way backwards, from Spinel Town to Tanzan Mountain through Chrysolia Forest. With stuff still teleporting everywhere! NOPE!

We will do this at the next chapter of my poooiiisonous run!

Till then, have fun and enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess

7 minutes ago, Jess said:

CHAPTER 9: Destiny cannot be evaded!

Hey everyone and here we go again, finally! Possessing the TMX Strength now, we go straight away to meet Cain and storm through Yureyu Building, reclaim our friends (and Heather, the mute) and keep tackling difficult (?) leaders! The squad has been enriched with some new members, so, the team with which I decided to tackle this perilous mission into a stronghold of Team Meteor, is the following:

Hide contents

skuntank.gif

Achlys, the Skuntank (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Metronome)

Adamant/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Flamethrower
  • Night Slash
  • Screech

venusaur.gif

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Dance
  • Synthesis
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

toxicroak.gif

Adamant/Anticipation (Used Ability Capsule to change it into Dry Skin later)

• Venoshock
  • Strength
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis (Again, backstory! She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, much like Brock's Croagunk. What a better name for my Toxicroak than this!)

muk.gif

Medea, the Muk (Female)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Gunk Shot
  • Fling
  • Minimize/Acid Armor (The latter replaced the former, evasion always works against me anyways :()

weezing.gif

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Explosion

drapion.gif

Athena, the Drapion (Female)

Bashful/Sniper

• Night Slash
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Hone Claws
  • Venoshock

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena (The all-might Goddess of valor and wisdom, craft and war)

So, after this small introduction, right into action! :) 

VS SIRIUS

Hide contents

Thankfully, Cain didn't derp a lot (he even Shadow Balled Chandelure with Nidoking :o), Charlotte was as badass-y as ever, and we all got out unharmed. Even the mute. Anna (or Nostra?), however, felt sick after losing a memento from her father... We'll get it back, no worries sweety! So, we then messed with the Underground Railnet puzzles, only to see Heather flying away with Salamence and Cain following her to be sure she will be fine... *sigh*, what a brat Heather is at this section of the game...

So, we end up at Tanzan Cove, and Belrose Mansion, meet Laura and head to the self-teleporting (piece by piece) duet of Chrysolia Forest & Spinel Town! We observe flying Pokemarts, houses emptying themselves, meet a (stupid) lepidopterist with weird hairstyle choices, a weird religion-maniac (worshipping Pokemon in a game where Pokemon are pets, isn't the same as having a Killer Whale for your God in real life? Ridiculous) and a depressed ex-model (Serra), who is the accuracy and evasion hax Gym Leader Ice type Gym Leader!

Warning! The next video includes (apart from the me-getting-lost-in-Chrysolia-Forest part) violence by vicious Bugs towards slime-secreting beasts. Please proceed with caution!

VS BENNETT (f@#k my life)

Hide contents

Oh, previous video also introduced two more new members! The following ones!

Hide contents

ariados.gif

Arachne, the Ariados (Female)

Brave/Sniper

• Sucker Punch
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Night Shade
  • Scary Face

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachne (Amazingly talented mortal weaver who challenged Athena, goddess of wisdom and crafts, into a weaving contest; this hubris resulted in her being transformed into a spider)

nidorina.gif

Hera, the Nidorina (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: None)

Naughty/Rivalry

• Double Kick
  • Venom Drench
  • Bite
  • Strength

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hera (Queen of the Gods. Self-explanatory, isn't it :)

In the following chapters of this run, I will certainly use Nidoqueen, however I will not use Ariados, because I've already used one in my shiny run (also named it Arachne, oh, the coincidence!) AND in my Bug Monotype, and  want to try as many new Pokemon I can! But if things get bad, I might get some help from Arachne and her Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak!

Anyways, after getting humiliated by fucking Bennett, which really was a blow to my morale, I had to defeat him now. So, I switched my team around a bit

Hide contents

(soft reset once, cause when a Signal Beam gets 10000% lucky -critical hit, confuse AND make me hit myself in confusion- then you know you HAVE to say "fuck this shit" and try from scratch)

and managed to defeat him relatively easily. El praises us, and sees potential in a child whose only strategy is Quiver Dance and Field-enhanced Signal Beams. As a Bug Monotyper, this is such an insult to me and to everyone's IQ. But El has his purposes, recruiting an idiot to do the dirty jobs for him, so his nonsense is explained. BUT NOT FORGIVEN! So, to calm myself down, I will punish Serra, for raising such a dumbass! Not really her fault that he is so easily manipulated, but he is too much of a weirdo.

Serra proved to be a worthy adversary! It took two times to defeat her, and both were relatively close fights! The team I chose to face her, was the following:

Hide contents

toxicroak.gif

Adamant/Anticipation

• Poison Jab
  • Rock Smash
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

venusaur.gif

Hardy/Chlorophyll

• Petal Dance
  • Nature Power
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Docile/Intimidate

• Crunch
  • Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Glare

muk.gif

Medea, the Muk (Female)

Timid/Sticky Hold

• Mud Bomb
  • Gunk Shot
  • Fling
  • Acid Armor

nidoking.gif

Colcheum, the Nidoking (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Black Sludge)

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Focus Energy

weezing.gif

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Destiny Bond

So, without further ado... Sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight! the ride, cause this is a good one! (Too many Ryanair flights last year, pardon me)

Reveal hidden contents

And with this, we had our 6th (the Rime) Badge! And TM for Frost Breath (useless :() and raised level cap to Lv. 55! And now, we can go find the Pokemart, get Anna's Medicine and save the day once again!

But, this means I have to find my way backwards, from Spinel Town to Tanzan Mountain through Chrysolia Forest. With stuff still teleporting everywhere! NOPE!

We will do this at the next chapter of my poooiiisonous run!

Till then, have fun and enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Nicely done! Will be watching the battles shortly.

Edited by Awesome_One

1 minute ago, Awesome_One said:

Nicely done! Will be watching the battles shortly. But... Isn't Aya the fifth badge you get and not the 6th?

Precisely! This one is the 6th, vs Serra ;) 

1 minute ago, Sceptilespy said:

Subscribers saw it first.

LOL, cheaters! :D Good thing I'm making them public while writing the update and not earlier. Or I'd get ninja'ed (or spied) :P