#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

So I have yet to find the footage of it, but apparently streams of Smash Bros 3ds have gotten Milotic to appear in N's Castle. She apparently.................... does nothing at all? There's still hope for a mega, but it's significantly smaller than before.

Edited by Eagleby18

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why must most of the hoenn mega pokemon so far have such bad abilities, I was disapointed with slowbro's,sharpedo's and now galades mega.... it's kindof depressing (at least i have my salemence and fluffing cloud of fluffiness to keep me happy)

Actually, Slowbro's isn't that bad, not to mention that it's pretty fitting to the design. Shell Armor will make Mega Slowbro an even greater Calm Mind sweeper, plus, Slowbro already has reliable recovery in form of Slack Off, Regenerator is kind of useless if you're attempting to boost up your stats and sweep, and anyhow both Slowbro and Mega-Slowbro will still be pretty viable as physical walls, regardless.

Sharpedo's ability isn't bad either, much better than Speed Boost, actually. Why? Because you can get 1-2 boosts before mega evolving by revenge killing and protecting, and at that point, you won't need any more speed since it already has a somewhat high speed stat, which, with the boosts, will allow it to out speed most mons in the metagame. Plus, Strong Jaw will make Sharpedo's Crunch EVEN stronger, not to mention that Ice Fang will become somewhat viable with the boost.

The only Mega with a bad ability so far is, imo, M-Swampert (and M-Sableye, not that Magic Bounce is a bad ability but Prankster was superior), because running weather teams isn't viable on higher tiers anymore and it's overpowered, and therefore banned, on lower tiers. So unless Primal Groudon/Kyogre's new abilities happen to summon permanent weather, Swift Swim will be completely useless on Swampert, even more useless than Gallade's Inner Focus.

Edited by MMM

You have good points though i also find mega sceptile fairly bad too, going from x4 resistant to immune.....yay?

Eh, it's not that bad, an immunity is always nice, plus, the special attack boost will be pretty useful. Also, not all abilities are meant for single battles, M-Audino, for example, is obviously meant to be used in doubles since they gave it a completely useless ability for singles. Mega Sceptile's Lightningrod will make it a great partner to 'mons that it didn't partner up with as well before.

Edited by MMM

As per usual, a trailer has come out to match the CoroCoro stuff. Nothing new about it except that it shows what the new megas look like in-game.

Also, every single Pokemon in that trailer has a mega evolution, except for two. Does this hint at them getting megas?

What were those two, you ask? Slowking, who everyone expects to get a mega anyway since Slowbro did, and MAH GIRL MILOTIC! Come on Nintendo, make it happen!

Since Milotic is kinda of a counterpart of Gyarados, i'd really like if it got a mega. I think it's only fair.

And hopefully is bulky as f****

And now that you talked about that, hmm... i'm more inclined to the fact that Flygon won't receive a Mega this gen.

EDIT: woah, just one second. I expected the new weathers to be permanent, but...

From serebii:

"Primal Kyogre's ability is Primordial Sea and it blocks Fire-type moves and changing the weather. Primal Groudon's ability is Desolate Land and it blocks Water-type moves and changing the weather."

Wait, so not only it's permanent, but it can't be changed? Kyogre and Groudon will form a new tier now ^^

inb4 Primal Rayquaza with permanent Air Lock

Edited by Vinny

Since Milotic is kinda of a counterpart of Gyarados, i'd really like if it got a mega. I think it's only fair.

And hopefully is bulky as f****

And now that you talked about that, hmm... i'm more inclined to the fact that Flygon won't receive a Mega this gen.

EDIT: woah, just one second. I expected the new weathers to be permanent, but...

From serebii:

"Primal Kyogre's ability is Primordial Sea and it blocks Fire-type moves and changing the weather. Primal Groudon's ability is Desolate Land and it blocks Water-type moves and changing the weather."

Wait, so not only it's permanent, but it can't be changed? Kyogre and Groudon will form a new tier now ^^

inb4 Primal Rayquaza with permanent Air Lock

And now every Uber team will have one, those abilities are cool but it'll be boring

omfg, Ferrothorn in Mega Kyogre's team...

I'm out

Actually, the abilities are only active while Kyogre/Groudon are on the field XD. I guess they learned their lesson from gen 5's weather wars. Also, I think the ability of one of them nullifies the other's, so if both are sent out to the field in the same turn, there will be absolutely no weather. Either that, or the fastest mon will have the weather activate first.

But yeah, primal Kyogre/Groudon (especially Groudon) are pretty overpowered, Groudon's only weakness is Ground and the most popular Ground-type move happens to be Earthquake, a physical attack. It already has an extremely high defense stat and I think they might also get some of their stats boosted. Seriously, this thing is gonna take ages to kill, not to mention that it'll do a heavy amount of damage to the opposing team.

Regarding other megas, I'm pretty sure they're gonna include some megas in ORAS that they haven't revealed yet and are up to the player to find, like they did in X/Y. Gyarados was one of them, so finding a Milotinite (or whatever they would call it) wouldn't surprise me at all :D. I'm mainly expecting megas from different regions though ESPECIALLY UNOVA PLEASE GAMEFREAK MEGA BISHARP ESCAVALIER REUNICLUS GALVANTULA EELEKTROSS CHANDELURE >_>.

Edited by MMM

Actually, the abilities are only active while Kyogre/Groudon are on the field XD. I guess they learned their lesson from gen 5's weather wars.

I'll read the rest of your post later, but wait a second...

Primal Groudon is Fire/Ground. No water moves can hit it = profit, while Groudon uses Solarbeam on everything

Primal Kyogre is pure water and no fire moves can hit it... during rain... wut?

Groudon got a better deal? Maybe?

No, Groudon definitely got a better deal.

ofc, dem water attacks are going to hurt during rain, but still...

I'll still take down Primal Kyogre with any grass type because they get a booth due to the rain. heh, that should be fun

wat, most grass-type moves are special and Kyogre has a special defense stat of 140 (not to mention that it might get boosted)

plus, kyogre will take your grass-types down with an ice beam before you can even touch it :l

I'll read the rest of your post later, but wait a second...

Primal Groudon is Fire/Ground. No water moves can hit it = profit, while Groudon uses Solarbeam on everything

Primal Kyogre is pure water and no fire moves can hit it... during rain... wut?

Groudon got a better deal? Maybe?

No, Groudon definitely got a better deal.

ofc, dem water attacks are going to hurt during rain, but still...

Yea, I definitely agree that Groudon got a better deal but it's kinda fair tho XD. Kyogre was always a better pokemon before since it has an amazing special movepool giving it incredibly good coverage, and the primal weather ability will still work very well in its favor since it gives it an 100% accurate Thunder and boosted water-type moves. I feel like, thanks to this, Kyogre and Groudon are equally good now.