#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

Woah, some new lore. This is the most religious Pokemon has ever got:

It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then...

Further cementing Rayquaza as the new god of Pokemon (and mega evolution)

Edited by Eagleby18

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But wait there's more!

As the truly first mega evolution (eat balls Lucario!) the way Rayquaza mega evolves is different than other megas. I swear, if this means it can carry a held item...

Anyway, considering all the stuff and lore and backstory he's getting in these games, it makes me think there won't be a Delta Emerald. Look at Zygarde, X and Y didn't give him anything, but Z obviously will.

I'm thinking that they intended to do Delta Emerald at some point, but have by now decided "eh, we'll just throw it all into these first two games."

If my theory's right, then mega Milotic BETTER be in this (in Emerald, she's the champion's signature Pokemon).

I just came back from a walk since I really needed that after that 7h livestream... hmm..

Well legendary pokemon are worshiped as gods but this is something new.. I mean it feels like Mega Rayquaza rivals Arceus in the lore.. I mean Arceus is supposed to be the pokemon god and now it seems weaker than Rayquaza.. well everyone can go home now. Rayquaza is the new pokemon god.

But wait there's more!

As the truly first mega evolution (eat balls Lucario!) the way Rayquaza mega evolves is different than other megas. I swear, if this means it can carry a held item...

Anyway, considering all the stuff and lore and backstory he's getting in these games, it makes me think there won't be a Delta Emerald. Look at Zygarde, X and Y didn't give him anything, but Z obviously will.

I'm thinking that they intended to do Delta Emerald at some point, but have by now decided "eh, we'll just throw it all into these first two games."

If my theory's right, then mega Milotic BETTER be in this (in Emerald, she's the champion's signature Pokemon).

But GameFreak hasn't ever remade the third game ? I mean Yellow didn't get one and Crystal didn't get one but no one expected sequels when B/W2 came so it could be possible.... but I'm still thinking that Emerald remake won't be a thing but GameFreak has surprised people so......

Edited by Nan

SPACULATION:

next year we will get Pokemon Z and Delta Emerald...

They need some time to develop the next generation therefore they are holding the extra edition from X/Y back.

and since they are remaking Ruby and Sapphire on the same engine we get both 'special' editions in one go...

As it would mark a first time that two different regions (in this case Hoenn and Kalos) would release on the same date. -> choose your region instead of choose your legendary...

edit:

added speculation tag, to not confuse people and get their hopes up... (sorry Eagleby18 :P)

Edited by Cepheus

Small thing: the "Dragon Ascent" move is called "Finishing Blow" in Japanese.

next year we will get Pokemon Z and Delta Emerald...

They need some time to develop the next generation therefore they are holding the extra edition from X/Y back.

and since they are remaking Ruby and Sapphire on the same engine we get both 'special' editions in one go...

As it would mark a first time that two different regions (in this case Hoenn and Kalos) would release on the same date. -> choose your region instead of choose your legendary...

Does that have a source or is it just speculation? If it's just you speculating then you're saying it too matter-of-factly, people might mistake what you're saying for something that's actually happening, and get falsely exited. Edited by Eagleby18

Small thing: the "Dragon Ascent" move is called "Finishing Blow" in Japanese.

Does that have a source or is it just speculation? If it's just you speculating then you're saying it too matter-of-factly, people might mistake what you're saying for something that's actually happening, and get falsely exited.

I agree.

Btw I don't really understand why Finishing Blow is Dragon Ascent in the ENG versions. Finishing blow makes more sense than Dragon Ascent... but maybe it's just a cooler sounding name..

Does that have a source or is it just speculation? If it's just you speculating then you're saying it too matter-of-factly, people might mistake what you're saying for something that's actually happening, and get falsely exited.

just speculation... I mean: every Generation got it's third edition:

Gen 1 - Yellow

Gen 2 - Crystal *

Gen 3 - Emerald

Gen 4 - Platinum *

Gen 5 - B2/W2 (technically 4 editions)

Gen 6 - ??? (logically 'Z')

* = should totally been swapped... I mean: Platinum is a metal like gold and silver // Crystal is a gem like diamond and pearl...

but yeah... I'll go edit it in the original post^^

Here's some speculation: what if Dragon Ascent is a Dragon-Type Flying Press?

but they said it's flying type...i think they called it "Dragon" because only Rayquaza can use it and he has the Dragon typing

Yeah... Mega Rayquaza is pretty damn cool, although everyone has known for months that it was gonna happen...

But is anyone else thinking it's just a case of giving anybody and everybody a mega now~

I HOPE. Because everybody means Milotic too.

To me, the deciding factor on wether or not there's gonna be a Delta Emerald is if the Battle Frontier is in ORAS. In both this and previous remakes, Nintendo's made it clear that they always remake EVERYTHING in a game when they remake it. They also always add new stuff, but never take away old stuff. So it's obvious that either there will be a battle frontier in ORAS, or there will be a Delta Emerald with it.

And if the frontier is in ORAS, then there really won't be a point in a Delta Emerald, because at this point, they've already included everything else from the origional Emerald.

Soooo finally our German websites caught up on Mega-Rayquaza...

it's new attack is called "Zenitstürmer" in german which translates into "Zenith striker" and this sounds more like a flying-type attack :P

Edited by Cepheus

Well, if you live in Europe then there's several events going on where you can get a demo code (it's gonna be the smash bros. demo code rush all over again isn't it?).

Still no word on an American demo. You know, that one country that has more 3ds players than all the others combined?

Edited by Eagleby18

Well the stupid thing is here in Germany... you need to go to McDonalds to get that code...

Ok... I've got a McDonalds within 5 minute drive but never go there... (well ok... maybe 2-3 times a year when some cool special-burger is on the menu I want to try...)?

It's like a stupid promotional thing for that restaurant: "ohhhhh you like Pokemon and want to play the Demo... tell your parents you want to eat at McDonalds! If they don't want you to eat at our restaurant... well toooooooo bad you ain't playing the Pokemon Demo."

It's that "CoroCoro" time of the month again. A leak should be popping up any time now. Obviously, it's gonna have a major section dedicated to Mega Rayquaza, but considering how the magazine usually is, they'll probably reveal at least one other new mega this issue.

Please don't let it/them be mega Lati@s, the only thing that could be more dissapointing than last month's issue (all the new megas were ones we were 99% sure would happen anyway) would be an issue where all the new megas were ones we already saw.

Edited by Eagleby18

HOLY SHIT MEGA PIDGEOT/BEEDRILL CONFIRMED (sorry I really had to double post)

but SERIOUSLY, it makes me so happy that they're trying to make useless pokemons decent

EDIT: heard beedrill's gonna become poison/dragon and pidgeot electric/flying

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS BUT IF THIS HAPPENS, IT WILL BE SO FREAKING AMAZING

Edited by MMM