#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So CoroCoro leaked, but so far the new megas shown were only Camperut, Sharpedo, and Gallade. As in, the three megas we already absolutely knew were gonna happen. Not quite that big a deal.

Also, it talks about Primal Groudon and Kyogre's new abilities and moves, but we already knew those were coming as well. All it gave that's new to us is the names.

The only NEW thing is that it has a serial code to download a free trial of the games, although something tells me it's gonna be Japan only.

Edited by Eagleby18

Mega Sharpedo should have Speed Boost, Strong Jaw is ok but SB is better imo

Yeah SB is a lot better but Strong Jaw is not that bad ability.. let's just hope that Sharpedo gets more biting moves like Poison Fang..

but you could also use protect and get that 1+ Speed and then mega evolve.... but imagine that STAB Crunch with Strong Jaw boost.......

Gardevoir got a mega in X and Y, Gallade gets one in the next game

Mawile got a mega in X and Y, Sableye gets one in the next game

Blaziken got a mega in X and Y, the other two each get one in the next game

Gyrados got a mega in X and Y, so there there BETTER be a Mega Milotic!

Banette got a mega in X and Y, so there better be a Mega Dusknoir as well! (Then again, it could be argued that Bannete's Mega was to make up for the lack of a new evolution to match Dusknoir)

Also, it can be argued that Mega Gengar being in X and Y warrants a Mega Clefable.

Furthermore, since Slowbro gets a mega in OR/AS, and if Slowking doesn't, does that mean we can expect a mega Slowking in Z?

Edited by Eagleby18

Looks like Wally get's Mega Gallade, Maxie get's Mega Camerupt, and Archie get's Mega Sharpedo.

Mega Camerupt get's Sheer Force which is good in combination with Lava Plume and Earth Power.

Mega Sharpedo gets Strong Jaw. Protect turn one to get your speed boost, then Mega Evo. Spam Crunch and Ice Fang.

Primal Kyougre also has a new ability called Sea of Beginnings, which I predict grants pre-Gen VI Rain. and Primal Groudon has both a New Signature attack and New Ability. They are called Cliff Blade and Land of Endings. Cliff Blade sounds like a Ground type stone edge or leaf blade. While Land of Endings sounds like pre Gen VI Sun.

corocoro10142.jpg

Gallade has different Blade Arms and this cape thing. Which is fitting being that he is based off of the heroes portrayed in Shakesphere Plays. I was never the biggest fan of this pokemon, so this news is "meh" to me. I honestly think Mega Gallade's Design is a bit underwhelming. I also find this design to be a bit reminiscent of Hawlucha.

corocoro10144.jpg

Sharpedo looks even more like a Torpedo... that is okay I guess. It doesn't look bad, I am just not blown away by it's design.

Edit: Seeing it from a different angle, it actually reminds me more of a Submarine.

corocoro10145.jpg

When I first saw this, I was like "where is it's feet?" then I noticed the little black hooves afterwords XD.

This is probably my favorite out of the 3 designs. Mega Camerupt is both silly and kinda cool. That Volcano is a really nice touch and has some really good looking detail on it. But in the end, I just can't take this pokemon seriously, it looks goofy as all hell XD.

Altaria got one, Flygon better too.

Give me Mega Flygon or give me death.

Thats cool and all but Altaria and Flygon aren't counterparts in any sense of the term. You missed the point of my comment, all of the Pokemon I listed were considered counterparts to each other.

Anyone noticed a pattern with the new megas? The majority of them seem to be for the ace Pokemon that several gym leaders/E4/story bosses use in the game. If GameFreak is designing them in order for said bosses to use them against you (which would be a welcome boost in difficulty), we can pretty much safely predict some other megas as well.

- Winona: Altaria

- May/Brendan: Rival starter mega

- Tate and Liza: (unconfirmed) Lunatone and Solrock
- Archie: Sharpedo
- Maxie: Camerupt
- Wallace: (unconfirmed) Milotic
- Wally: Gallade (was Gardevoir, but the champion of X/Y already used that)

- Sidney: Absol (from X/Y)

- Phoebe: Sableye
- Glacia: (unconfirmed) Walerin

- Drake: Salamence

- Steven: Metagross

There's also the two remake-exclusive characters, which may allude to one other mega...

- Aarune: (unconfirmed) Flygon

- Lisia: Altaria

If Lisia uses Mega Altaria, that means Winona either won't use a mega or she gets a different one. Swellow was considered Winona's ace in the anime, and it's the only 'bird starter' with 2 evos instead of 3 (if you don't count Fearow). Though it probably makes more sense to use Skarmory instead. Winona not using a mega means we can probably pinpoint the exact point in the game where the player learns about mega evolution, most likely through their rival battle at Lilycove City.

This doesn't explain Mega Slowbro, Lopunny, and Audino though. Those three are probably for post-game things.

Edited by Alilatias

corocoro10145.jpg

When I first saw this, I was like "where is it's feet?" then I noticed the little black hooves afterwords XD.

This is probably my favorite out of the 3 designs. Mega Camerupt is both silly and kinda cool. That Volcano is a really nice touch and has some really good looking detail on it. But in the end, I just can't take this pokemon seriously, it looks goofy as all hell XD.

That volcano on it's back should make Inferno 100% accurate...

just saying ^_^

As if the this issue of CoroCoro wasn't predictable enough, they've confirmed the OTHER Mega we already absolutley knew would happen: Rayquaza. Btw, it was only confirmed, not shown...

What's next, it confirms Mega Laios/Latias? That would just be infuriating.

P.S. sorry guys, Mega Gallade doesn't have an all new ability, he has inner focus

Edited by Eagleby18

aaawwwww I had great hopes for Mega Gallade :C. I was expecting them not to give it a crappy ability and the obvious Psychic/Fighting type. M-Gallade doesn't look like a Psychic-type anymore so I was especting Fairy/Fighting and Pixilate, both of which would go well with M-Gardevoir. Too bad, it's been confirmed to have Inner Focus and to remain the previous typing, according to serebii.

aaawwwww I had great hopes for Mega Gallade :C. I was expecting them not to give it a crappy ability and the obvious Psychic/Fighting type. M-Gallade doesn't look like a Psychic-type anymore so I was especting Fairy/Fighting and Pixilate, both of which would go well with M-Gardevoir. Too bad, it's been confirmed to have Inner Focus and to remain the previous typing, according to serebii.

This is so unfair :unsure: freaking Camerupt gets Sheer Force and Gallade nada? Well i'll use him anyway.