#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So apparently a hacker has discovered Mega Hoopa in the demo's code... and no other megas. I have a hard time believing that what we've seen is all there is, so I think the developers were smart, and didn't include any unannounced megas in the demo's coding. Hoopa had to be there, however, because it's the reward for playing the demo every day.

That's my theory, anyway. The guy doing the hacking is using the European version of the demo, so we'll see when the American version comes out...

Also, looking through the movesets reveals some... interesting stuff. Milotic gets Disarming Voice, for one, Vibrava gets Boomburst. Cacturne gets Spiky Shield. Sharpedo can learn Poison Fang.

Edited by Eagleby18

Okay, looking into the hacked list of egg moves, some of them are stupid. MUDKIP with WING ATTACK. PIDGEY with THUNDERPUNCH. The coders must have intentionally done this to screw with the hackers. This all but confirms my theory about the megas.

Edited by Eagleby18

Turns out the "Mega" Hoopa is its own form. No mega stone, different moveset than normal Hoopa, and Magician for the ability (which would be a completley useless ability for a mega evolution, as you need to not have a hold item for magician to work).

Plus, a bunch of empty item slots were found between mega stones. Twenty-seven, in fact. This further supports my theory.

Edited by Eagleby18

Oh and dudes, just saw a video about Hoopa and apparently there is a chance is it NOT a Mega form....just an alternate from like Shaymin's and other legends. Also, i loses it Psychic/Ghost type to become Psychic/Dark. That could be fun.

Flygon without Levitate? Never! also why Bug? Or did you mean Dragon?

I think he meant that Flygon would change its typing to ground/bug or dragon/bug...

To be honest I want Flygon to keep its typing and the ability if it mega-evolves.

Starting at line 752 in the items list, the game lists Swampertite, and from there starts listing the mega stones that weren't in X and Y. However, the list is broken up by blank spaces up to Glalie's mega stone, and even after that there are more blank lines all the way up to 775. That's a total of 24 lines, mostly blank spaces. And since there are 20 known new megas (counting Primal ones and NOT counting Hoopa because it's not a mega), that means there are at least 4, possibly more, mega evolutions to be announced.

Edited by Eagleby18

Going through the Demo's unused text files confirms that Wallace is the 8th gym leader, not Jaun. Making mega Milotic all the more likley.

Mega Milotic may or may not happen, but I don't see a gym leader having a mega. You're grasping at straws if you actually think this makes mega Milotic more likely.

Mega Milotic may or may not happen, but I don't see a gym leader having a mega. You're grasping at straws if you actually think this makes mega Milotic more likely.

why not?

Korinna also had her Mega-Lucario... well ok, not in the Gym-Battle (because that would have been super OP in this point in the game) but she owns one and is fightable in the battle chateau

(got that "whynaut-emote"... is killing my posts everytime xD)

Edited by Cepheus

Someone didn't hear about the postgame boss battle~

Basically, the demo's codes have a list of all the trainers you battle in the game, in order, from youngster whatshisface to Champion Steven to several post-game only trainers. Wallace is the only gym leader listed twice here, his second time being listed is directly after Champion Steven.

Not to mention in Emerald version, HE is champion

Edited by Eagleby18

Did some even further research on the Wallace postgame bonus battle, and it turns out it's a battle against his Emerald team, the one he uses as Champion. There's one difference: His Milotic's Sitrus Berry is gone... Could it get replaced with-?

Edited by Eagleby18

Oh and the levels are different, but that was a given considering it's a post-champion battle and not THE champion battle.

Plus, the new Hoopa form (not mega) is TWENTY ONE FEET TALL. HOLY BALLS ON A STICK.

Edited by Eagleby18

Oh and the levels are different, but that was a given considering it's a post-champion battle and not THE champion battle.

Plus, the new Hoopa form (not mega) is TWENTY ONE FEET TALL. HOLY BALLS ON A STICK.

Okay I needed to convert feet to meters.... and apparently Hoopa's new form is 6,4m........ THAT'S TALL.

I mean Hoopa is really small and I think it's about 1m tall but....

Hoopa got a growth spurt haha.

EDIT//

I fixed some sentences since they didn't seem right haha.

Edited by Nan

This promotional image seems to hint at a mega Slaking, Milotic, and Zangoose, as they are the only guys up there who don't have confirmed megas. And if Zangoose gets a mega, then Serviper MUST get one as well, and that makes 4. And as I said, there's room for 4 in the demo's code...

Oh, and Pikachu's there too, but he doesn't count because he's Pikachu and appears on everything no matter what.