Which starter Pokemon did you pick?

que

Starter Pokemon  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter Pokemon did you pick?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
    • Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Snivy
    • Tepig
    • Oshawott
    • Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first started my Reborn run during the Episode 10 update, so I only got to choose from up to Unova, so I chose my favorite Water Starter: Oshawott.

Oshawott became my favorite Water Starter from the moment I saw him introduced. A cute little otter with a lightsa- Razor Shell, that evolves into a gallant samurai with a majestic moustache/beard combo? HELL YEAH!

But I got bored of grinding and eventually dropped Reborn altogether, until a few months later when Episode 11 came out. That's when I found out it'd been updated with Gen 6 stuff, including the starters. It was a tough choice, but I restarted (wasn't very far along) and chose Chespin.

Chespin was basically the same thing as Oshawott, chosen at first sight. A cute hedgehog... porcupine... groundhog... thing that evolves into a macho paladin with a heart of gold? Again, hell yeah! So now, Vanguard the Chespin (now Quilladin) has become a main stay on my campaign team, wrecking anyone's face... except for Taka's Chatot (ohgodnoooo).

Snivy. For two simple reasons:

A) I like snakes and serperior has better stats than the currently available snakes. (Just wait arbok. One day you shall get a mega evolution that will make you balanced stat wise).

B) Dat Contrary+Leaf Storm combo. Haven't gotten to it yet, but once I do....Im gonna need pp ups though.

While his learnset is basically just grass and lacks little typing variety at the current moment, serperior makes an excellent leech seeder. Fast and bbulky enough that it can atleast get off one before it dies. Also add in that it has pretty good stats and you have a decent pokemon. Shame about it's move set though. But hey, leaf storm is a powerful force.

For my second run I am reseting for a shiny charmander and my third i'm going to try out totodile.

Edited by Shadyserpent269

Fennekin on my current play through.

Because So far I'd just been sticking with what had worked for me in the past, I never had a gen6 poke, and figured, What the hell, Why not be adventurous?

Charmander, just for the sake of nostalgia (even though I elected for Blastoise in Red and Blue; I've grown to prefer Charmander more). If that thing gets a Mega Stone (either, really) at some point, it'll all have been worth it (furthermore, with the beginning it has, it would appear as if Amethyst just doesn't want Water-types to win unless they're Mudkip or Protean Froakie). Infernape is also good.

Edited by Truly Deceptive

I've had three runs of the game.

1st Run: Cyndaquil. Not a bad starter stat-dist wise but has a really limited move pool. He also took a back seat to my other pokemon unless I needed that Fire-Stab (or the rare flash fire boost)

2nd Run: Turtwig. My favorite run so far because Torterra simple oozes power. Pretty good move pool and shell armor allows you to set up without fear of crits. But the ice gym was hell incarnate because of the 4x weakness to ice.

3rd Run: Piplup. I thought Empoleons resistances would help but everything had some kind of Super Effective move and Empoleon just became a dead weight on the team. Still useful in the poison gym and when I needed my Muk to Sludge Wave.

Overall: Turtwig #1

Cyndaquil #2

Piplup #3

On my old computer i picked Charmander and it was shiny. So i kept it solely cause i wanted a black Charizard and it did me justice the beginning of the game with Dragon Rage.

In my more recent save file I chose Totodile because it seems glazed over most of the time but its actually decent . Just needs a bit of breeding and its a damn powerhouse. (I'm more of an underdog pokemon trainer) :ph34r:

I'm not surprised by the ones that only have 1 vote. Tepig/Emboar is massively outclassed by the other Fire/Fighting starters, Treecko/Sceptile which has a bad type for a lot of the game and horrible stat distribution, and Squirtle/blastoise who also has horrible stat distribution and typing for the early game. Still, a lot of people love squirtle because he's Squirtle, so I though he'd be more popular.

I picked up Totodile for my starter, mostly because its one of my favorite starters.^_^ Granted I have yet to restart my game since I first started playing around the time episode 8 was getting released (I started at episode 7). Once Reborn is completely finished & after I do post game stuff I'll probably restart & choose either Fennekin or Froakie.=)

• 2 weeks later...