Which starter Pokemon did you pick?

que

Starter Pokemon  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter Pokemon did you pick?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
    • Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Snivy
    • Tepig
    • Oshawott
    • Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now I have done three playthroughs.

1st Torchic. Yeah, I know it's OP and cheap, but it's my favourite starter and Blaziken is my third favourite pokemon. I didn't know about soft resetting when I started, but I got Speed Boost (and some really terrible IV's and nature). And this guy is now my best buddy in Reborn, destroying things left and right.

2nd Froakie. Again, standard choice. Chosen because it was ep11 and I wanted a gen 6 starter. But frankly, I'm underwhelmed with it's performance. With all those praises about Protean I thought it would do better.

3rd Piplup. This wasn't much of a choice due to it beeing a steel monotype. However, you'll really appreciate a water type in a team full of metal. He save me so many times with many clutch victories.

I'm going to do two more playthroughs tho. On episode 15 when all leaders will have updated fields and teams, I'm going to choose Squirtle. And when Reborn will be completed I'm going to fininsh it off grand with a Treecko as a final starter.

Edited by Jaromir

i chose charmander as it was the closest i could get to a dragon, tho for my second playthrough i wanted a bit of a chalange so i picked mudkip for that one and emposed a limit of 9 pokemon in my playthrough team for that one

Since I roll with team live badass I brought the king of dragons Charizard on my first playthough which was already at episode 11. Charizard/Gyrados/Machamp. G1 never looked so menacing excepttosolarisbutwedonttalkaboutthat. Round two I picked Blaziken. I'll say it here, if you want a challenge don't pick Blaziken. He is so OP in this game its not funny. Mine wasn't even trained properly, timid nature and crap atk iv on a physical Blaziken. His typing at stats allow him to roll through a lot of tough pokes. I tried other starters like Snivy who offered some challenge and currently I'm with my frog pal who thinks he's ninja and while he isn't my star he's certainly turned around a decent amount of battles. Lick or spikes. Have one since either can be gamechangers.

I picked oshawott for my 1st and 2nd run of the game. My favorite starter of all time. Love how it grows up to be an awesome samurai...otter....thing ^^

Edited by IronWraith

My favorite starters, by generation, are Charmander, Totodile, Torchic, Chimchar, Snivy, and though I haven't played X/Y, probably Froakie but possibly Chespin.

Who did I pick for Reborn? Mudkip. Literally because I herd u liek them. Seriously, that was my logic behing the choice. Haven't regretted it, though.

If I had to pick again, I might go with Treeko, Chespin or Snivy. Probably Treeko though because I recently finished PMD: Explorers of Time and had a couple of feels-y moments.

#TeamMudkip5ever

Mudkip and Bulbasaur are the only relevant starters tbh

Not really. They are the two earliest obtained starters by events, should you have not chosen them. Also considering that water and grass have a harder time early game than fire does... (That being said Mudkip and it's evolutions are some of my favorite pokemon)

I start back to ep 10 so no gen 6 yet to pick Froakie (and when 10.5 come out I dont want to restart) so I picked Piplup as one of my fav starters ever and water starters besides Totodile, (Froakie already mentioned) and Squirtle

So my Fav Grass starters by order

Turtwig line, Treecko line, Chespin line, Chikorita line (can't wait for Grass/Fairy Mega), Bulbasuar line, Sniny line

Fire starters by order

Chimchar line, Charmander line, Torchic line, Cyndaquil line, Tepig line, Fennekin line

Water starters by order

Totodile line, Froakie line, Piplup line, Squirtle line, Oshawot line, Mudkip line

I chose Froakie on my playthrough - not because of Protean, not because of the sh*tty Water type selection outside, but because I had a Greninja fetish at the time. As time went on, I changed the ability to Protean (with a Capsule) and noticed how GODAWFUL the selection for Water types is (unless Azumarill is your thing). There are better Grass types out there (Roserade, Leafeon, Exeggutor) and Fire types, except for Blaziken (Ninetales, Arcanine,).

Do I regret my choice? Not really.

• 1 month later...

Well..I've had like three playthroughs in this game soo...

1st Time: Snivy: It's one of my favorites though it made my life a lot harder with these gym battles.

2nd Time: Torchic: It was a shiny too! I've always favored Torchic and Blaziken. It's quite strong, though I had to start the game again because I found out that I could choose...

3rd Time: Fennekin: I've always wanted to train this pokemon. Plus it's very very cute and it's final evolution, Delphox is part of Psychic type (one of my favorite types).

Fennekin, because I simply adore the Delphox's line's design, but also because I didn't even know the types by that point (didn't knew psychic was strong against poison and weak to bug and dark, among other things). Braixen's psychic moves came incredibly in handy during the first gyms, and delphox's psychic type left samson and radomus' souls completely destroyed. My other choice would have been Serperior/Froakie.