Which starter Pokemon did you pick?

que

Starter Pokemon  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter Pokemon did you pick?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
    • Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Snivy
    • Tepig
    • Oshawott
    • Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie

I'm doing some informal research and would like to see which starter you all chose. You don't have to say why if you don't want to.

EDIT: Please try to get as many people to vote as possible.

Edited by Vinny953

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtwig. On my first run i picked Chimchar, but in reality, i was going to pick Turtwig since the start. I picked it in my second run. Torterra is actually my favorite grass type and grass starter, so yeah.

I picked Tepig.

I only did so because it was one of three starters I hadn't used actively (the other two being Snivy and Turtwig) and... Fire is my second-favourite type. So it kind of cemented the choice for me.

Granted, if I could have, I would have started with something else. It's not that Tepig (now an Emboar) did poorly, per-say, I just... feel that I should have chosen more wisely. I'm not sure why...

I have three different save files and I chose three different starters for three different reasons.

1st game: Piplup, when I was new to Reborn and didn't realize I wouldn't be starved for Water-types in general. I thought Empoleon would make a good tank (it was a beefgate during my Platinum game), but I found myself rarely putting it in a front line role in Reborn. It seemed like it was always either its Water-typing or Steel-typing that made it unsuited for a lot of major battles--Water meant he couldn't fight against Julia, Florinia, Shelly, and Dr. Connal; Steel meant he couldn't fight against Kiki; and other Pokemon got the job done better during battles where it didn't have the advantage or disadvantage. Literally, the only two gym battles I used it in was against Aya and Cal, and even then, with Aya it was mainly a defensive role while Gardevoir wailed on them, and with Cal, he was in danger because of all the Grass-, Fighting-, and Electric-types his team had. I honestly regret this choice.

2nd game: Torchic, and holy hell this was the better choice. On my first playthrough I upgraded from Ep 10 to 11 around the time I faced Noel, so when I beat my first game, I started a new game wanting to get the full Ep 11 experience since many things changed. Blaziken's typing and stat distribution means it was able to wear multiple hats, and it took an active role in most of my gym battles (I have Blaziken to thank for getting me past Noel after how much frustration).

3rd game: Froakie, though I was sorta strong-armed into this one since I'm doing a Dark-type mono challenge. I'm not far into the game yet so I can't make a proper assessment, but I can predict its Protean ability means Greninja will be both a help and a risk.

I pick chimchar my first run through and the game wasn't that hard because fire just destroys everything. My 2nd run I choose frokie and everything was good till until I met THE DREADED GRASS GYM. but geninja diverse move pool still seem a good choice I want to see how he match up with kiki and the others

Squirtle, because I couldn't decide which one to pick at that moment, and because I saw Mudkip and Bulbasaur were available later ingame. It did okay, and saved me a couple times.

If I were to choose again, I'd pick another one, even if I'm not sure which one...

1st run: Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is my favorite pokemon so I stuck by him. Because of black and white he no longer gets lava plume just before evolving so he didn't really get any good special attacks till really late which made it a little hard, but it was fun. Then my computer crashed after I beat Noel. Soooo I made a new file with my new laptop.

2nd run: I choose Chimchar just cause. Been pretty fun. Working up the mountain to met Cal.

Torchic was my starter and have not regretted that decision since. Second fastest on my team, his Speed Boost ability makes him the fastest after one turn.

IF I had to start a second file...I'd try out one of the X/Y Starters since I have not played X/Y...

Edited by PerfectMafia

I've actually done several runs, because I started over every time I felt that I "could have done better". My starters were: Chikorita, Piplup, Froakie, Torchic, Mudkip and right now it's Mudkip again. Chikorita is actually my favourite starter, but of all of them Muskip was and is the best for me. Great attack stats and very good defenses and health. It has low speed, but with only one weakness, it's whatever. Also, Swampert has great coverage. Right now I'm using Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Muddy Water and Sludge Wave. Empoleon was second best in my experience, though it's coverage was rather bad.

• Support Squad

!st run: Piplup. Rarely ever used him so i thought "Hey, Why the Fuck not?"

2nd run: Bulbasaur. Decided to use him on a whim. Currently being used in my furthest playthrough which i use each time a new episode comes out, and it works out perfectly with my typings and Drought Ninetales

3rd run: Chimchar. I decided to do a run through for ep 11 so i decided to use my Broseph. In truth he was my 2nd ever starter as i picked Turtwig on my diamond game,but as soon as i fought my rival before the E4 i restarted my game jst to get Infernape

4th (current run): Froakie: After all the tales of Protean i decided i wished to test its power for myself ingame. Its been incredibly useful, although i wish i had kept water pulse instead of the goddamn shuriken...

Cindaquil 'cause Typhlosion's a boss. Also eruption. It's coming.

Honestly though it isn't the best choice. Movepool is seriously lacking (at the moment I'm just spamming flamethrower) unless you want to breed for extrasensory but his stats are alright. The pure fire defensive typing isn't the greatest either though.

On my first run i choose Turtwig, mainly because of type coverage, and it wasn´t too hard....ok it was a trip to hell and that´s why i love this game (I hated Aya, tough) Bless Eartquake at lvl 36. And in the second one i choose Mudkip (Now i hate Aya even more)

Currently on my third run i had Fennekin and im against Shade.

I picked Chimchar for my first run through. I named him Incendia, which is latin for Fire. Fire/Fighting is a bit overused type wise (Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar). But out of all my favorite pokemon, Chimchar is the only one thats a starter. Turtwigs a second favorite, so when i make a second file im taking Turtwig as my starter.

Aron ever becomes a starter, and hes all mine. *foams at the mouth thinking about Aron as a starter*

Cyndaquil on my first run. (Personal favorite, and it was a shiny one)

Cyndaquil on my current (2nd) run, but currently he's not on my main party because I wanted an all-event-pokemon team (Gyarados, Gallade, Ursaring, Manectric, Scrafty and Drifblim.) so I use him as a backup for the team.

First run was a train wreck. I had no knowledge whatsoever in the game, and I chose Torchic thinking it might be speed boost, but it was blaze and I thought that meant that you could only get blaze Torchic. Turns out, you could get speed boost torchic. I restarted, but this time I went for froakie for that freaky froakie protean. It's my current run and it's just absolutely fantastic.

I herd u liek Bulbasaurz. Yes, I chose Bulbasaur, even though his typing isn't great, his learnset and his stats aren't either, and he had Overgrow. You could ask: "Why would you use that thing?" I'll tell you... SLEEP POWDER/LEECH SEED COMBO SPAM.