Reborn XI: Out of Light

It may just be me, but Pickup seems to be failing again =/ My new Meowth, Huntress, isn't picking up a single thing

Unlucky you... My Pachirisus do work ^^

Any chances that you didn't notice, and your Meowth has other ability instead of Pickup? ^^

Unlucky you... My Pachirisus do work ^^

Any chances that you didn't notice, and your Meowth has other ability instead of Pickup? ^^

I checked, the first one had Technician, so I released it. The second one has Pickup, which is the one I named Huntress.

^ Come to think of it, my phanpy never did pick up anything while I was grabbing Beldum and Mudkip. And I had it in my party for quite some time because beldum was a bewb and my level balls werent working so I had to grab a sporer and redo the teleportation shit again x.x

I went back to ep 10 for beldum so don't start asking me how I got it in ep 11

EDIT: Totally off topic, Vinny, are you doing a water monotype? o3o or do you actually have hitmontop on your team? xD

Edited by Lynxiechan

I've tested Kalina's save file, and pickup is working fine... Just a question: What's your Phanpy's level?

I don't know, i have this weird feeling that higher level pokemon have a higher chance of picking things up... Either that or i'm just lucky...

So... some of my Pokemon randomly changed abilities when I loaded this up. My Rock Head Aggron became Heavy Metal and my Poison Point Nidoking became Rivalry... I haven't used any of the shard guys yet, so it's not like I changed them. I haven't even really started yet.

Also, what's the button to dismount Tauros in this episode? Z isn't working anymore. I somehow accidentally dismounted once but can't figure out how to do it again.

@ Flux, A for dismounting Tauros, and the ability thing is normal, a side effect of a bug fix if I remember well. Easy to solve, just buy an ability capsule on 7th street.

Just finished this episode. Took me a while to figure out where 7th street was. Also, Bennett suddenly got really hard, I don't know if that was just me, but damn. His Yanmega was whipping me big time. Don't even get me started on Luna though... Tyranitar and Umbreon are just monsters compared to that Yanmega. Then again, I was pretty under-leveled for both, seeing as by the time I started the battle with Luna, my highest level was 56 and her lowest was 61. Don't even know how I fell behind, I fought every trainer in the game (I think anyway lol.) This was a good episode. The puzzles with the valley and the Arceus statues were awesome! Can't wait for episode 12.

Hey there ! My first post, even though I've been playing this since episode 9 was freshly released ! Great work :)

I have two things to point out that I've noticed thus far: first off, I know the stat boosts for 10,5 were bugged (they essentially doubled); they're fixed now, but my Simple Swoobat does not boost properly using Calm Mind (it only says the stats rose, not rose sharply. It's also noticeable by the amount of damage it dishes/takes). Could you look into that just to make sure, please ?

Another thing, this one much less impactful but still worth mentioning, sometimes the game crashes when I'm crossing the Apophyll Beach path to the boat when I'm using the bicycle specifically. I'm not sure if there's a specific path where it detects an error, I can share a screen if this wasn't known before.

Either way, congrats on the awesome game. I don't have X or Y yet, and Reborn sure makes the bridge I've been wanting to play/experience. Keep it up !

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Calm Mind has never sharply boosted stats before. It's always been "Special Attack rose!" and "Special Defense rose!" so if that's an issue, then you'll have to be wise about how you use it is the best I can tell you. :P

I know what regular Calm Mind does. I meant to say Simple did not change the boost script wise and effect wise. I know Simple is affected by one of the new Field effects, but nothing should stop it from doubling stat changes, and it apparently did. That's why I was requesting it be checked on that regard.

Oh right, I'm not familiar with Simple so I didn't realise it was supposed to do that. Sorry about that.

Ame did tell me (and she may have put it in an announcement post too, I forget) that some abilities haven't been fully implemented yet, because I asked about Telepathy not working. Simple must be one of the abilities we're still waiting on.

Edited by ShadowPulse

• Administrators

Simple is in. The code looks correct, although I'm not sure if this would properly change the message... Are you sure that the values seemed to be incorrect?

From what I remember, during the 10.5, Charge Beam did have the change in text (and show the effect twice as a bug), so it stroke me as odd. Either way, I confirmed that despite the text, I am unable to use Calm Mind more than three times, so the boosts seem to be technically there. I probably misjudged the damage, sorry about that.

One other question, unrelated. I've been trying to breed a Chimecho to get the egg move Recover. But that's not happening for some reason. Is it supposed to only learn the move if it's a Chingling egg...? I don't see any indication of it on other breeding pages :/

• Administrators

Looks like Chimecho and Chingling were both missing a few egg moves, specifically cosmic power and recover. Fixed for 12, good catch, thanks

Hi, I picked up Reborn in ep 10 and this is my first time updating. I want to ask how to update to ep 11. I haven't found the answer in the FAQ so I'm asking here.

I originally thought updating up to ep 11 involved downloading a separate file only containing ep 11 (I vaguely remember a Nickaboo video describing this) yet when I follow the downoad link it goes straight to the game page which has only has a link for the main game containig ep 1-11. So do I have to download the whole game again and then move my save file into it?

I just noticed Reborn being updated a couple of days back so forgive me for being a slowpoke. Looks like I'll have to grind up my Flygon which I forgot to do *sigh*.

Edited by mdman1

• Administrators

That's more or less correct. Although, you probably won't have to move your save file unless it wasn't able to save to the usual location.

That's a bridge to be crossed when it's come to. Give it a try.

i dont know if this been asked or not so ill just go ahead, ame do you have any pans to attack annimations or are they alredy there and ive not done somthing right?