The Status of Everyone (Spoiler Warning!)

Rocket_Octopus

This may come off as a bit of a weird topic but I thought it would be interesting to talk about the current status of most of the major characters at the end of V13. By "status" I mean if they're currently alive and where the character is in terms of the story and what they could do in future versions. Now I won't be covering the "player characters" of Aevis/Aevia/Axel/Ariana/Alain/Aero as we know what happens with them as of the current version but I will cover characters from some side stories and others I feel are notable. I may also get some information wrong so I'd appreciate any corrections based on some things I might have missed. But without further adieu, here we go!

Melia - Alive - Since she's probably one of, if not the central character in this story, she's going to have more development and screen time later on. I was never really able to predict where her development would go and how her story would advance so I honestly don't know where she goes from here but I'm looking forward to it!

Ren - Alive - I have a feeling that Madame X has always known that he was interacting with our heroes. We'll definitely have one or two more battles with him before the game finishes.

Spoiler

I also remember it being stated that his physical body is in Xen HQ, so I honestly think that Nastasia or other Xen members have made copies of his mechanical body and we will have to battle those copies with replicas of Ren's team.

Venam - Alive - Honestly it's tough for me to think of what Venam will do next. Whatever it is though, she'll be right by Melia's side. Like Ren, I have a feeling that she's going to battle the player one more time.

Nim - Unknown - We're most certainly going to see Nim again.

Spoiler

I believe she's going to experience another psychological trauma that results in her unleashing the full power of Storm-9. Like Ren and Venam we'll likely battle her again but the battle will be similar to that of the Puppet Master and Clear in that we battle her full team first, then the glitchy mass we battle in the beginning of Chapter 15. Regardless, I'm very interested in seeing what happens next with Nim.

Aelita - Alive - Honestly, I'd say Aelita is one of my 2 favorite major characters in this game. There are definitely some loose ends on her side of the story that remain and I'd like to see how they get resolved. Aside from that, she's solidified herself as remaining on the player's side through thick and thin.

Valarie - Dormant - She finally has her memories back! 

Spoiler

The way she, Saki and Adam come back depends on what ultimately happens with the Xen HQ raid and ensuing events. They'll either be woken up just in time for the climactic final battle, or they'll wake up when everything is done and peaceful. If it is the latter, then their character arcs are finished for the time being until the postgame/epilogue or if they will appear before the final champion battle.

Adam - Dormant - Same as above.

Saki - Dormant - A LOT of development in this update and I love it! Very tough battle too! But aside from that it's the same as above.

Delpha - Alive - She'll definitely be around to help with the Xen HQ raid, aside from that I think she'll most likely be watching over Saki, Valerie and Adam.

Kanon - Alive - A lot of development, just like Saki, though I feel like there is more to come.

Spoiler

I feel like this will culminate in Kanon acting like he did before with Huey and Reina

Erin - Alive - I like the position she took as the sort of vocal leader amongst the group alongside Alexandra and Damien. At least that's the energy I'm getting from her. 

Spoiler

I can feel an inevitable interaction between her, her siblings, and Indriad eventually. It'll be interesting to see how they all react to that if it happens. (Also I'm putting this here instead of on Melia's section because there was a bigger emphasis on Erin's relationship with Indriad in this Chapter)

Reina - Alive - I really enjoy the chaotic energy Reina gives to some conversations throughout her appearances as well as her relationship with Huey (it even got to the point where I thought Huey would leave Lavender for her). Honestly can't wait to see what she does next.

Spoiler

I also remember a plot point earlier that she or Ren would eventually bring ruin to the world. Maybe I'm misremembering but if I'm not then I feel like having it be Ren that is the "evil sibling" feels too obvious and Reina will somehow either double-cross the heroes or is brainwashed somehow. Maybe I'm overthinking it too, really hoping to get some thoughts on this...

Huey - Alive - This update was brutal for our boy but it gave him a lot of development and closure. I'm interested in seeing where he goes from here.

Texen - Unknown, most likely alive - Now more than ever is the ideal time to reintroduce him back into the story (which will probably happen next update), can't wait to see how he develops after what just happened.

Angie - Alive - Her story isn't done yet but with loose ends being slowly tied up, her second return is an inevitability that I can't wait for!

Kreiss - Alive - We haven't seen him since Angie's 1st defeat, but we'll definitely be seeing him again, most likely when Angie pops up again.

Amber - Alive - The 2nd of my 2 favorite characters in this game. I honestly think she's underrated (though I maybe be wrong) and V13 made me enjoy her character even more. I really hope she comes through to help our heroes during the raid or at least gets some more screentime!

Erick - Alive - Did not expect him to return, just like Amber I hope he sticks around!

Flora - Alive - We see her reaction to the events of this chapter, though I'm interested in seeing if she makes a bigger return in the story.

Spoiler

Florin - Dependent, alive in my playthrough so I'll be using that - With him becoming the new mayor, I'm interested in seeing if he will appear again in the story.

Lavender - Alive - I definitely expect to see her in the raid, she may even bring her new look, even if she can't physically do those flips and tricks she did in the Nightmare School. I honestly hope we can battle her at some point too.

Ryland - Alive - I know he's guarding the Eclysia Skyview at the moment, but I feel like he'll make another major appearance sometime soon.

Alice - Alive - We barely got to see much of her this update, that'll definitely change later on though and I hope we can see her develop more.

Spoiler

Was not expecting her and Allen to become Gym leaders but I'm all for it!

Allen - Like his sister, we unfortunately didn't get much of him this time around.

Spoiler

On the topic of the two becoming Gym leaders, considering their types I am terrified of what they're going to use during our battles.

Damien - Alive - He's most likely going to be the last gym leader and I hope they build up that battle more coming up. With him being a strong player in the coming events, he's going to be a nightmare to battle.

Tesla - Alive - We haven't seen her since the GDC Tournament and I'm wondering of what she'll do during later story events. 

Karen - Dependent, though I kept both her and Karrina alive - 

Spoiler

Assuming you let her live, I can't wait to see more of our favorite little psycho. I'm also interested in seeing both the battle against her if she lived and who replaces her if she dies.

Karrina - Dependent - Assuming her story with Karen is done, I'm interested to see if she'll make another appearance within the main plot. Considering she is a Storm Chaser, she might.

Jolene - Alive - Aside from some info we get from meeting her in a sidequest, we still don't know that much about her and it seems unlikely that we will until we get to battle her or if she appears during the climax.

Dylan - Alive - I'm really enjoying the sidequest with him and Ana and I want to see where it goes in the next update.

Ana - Alive - The mystery surrounding her grabbed at my attention and the easter eggs revolving around her keep me guessing. I really want to see how her story continues.

Alexandra - Alive - She's essentially the team leader of the group and she'll definitely have a major role going forward.

Spoiler

I also believe that we either prepare to battle her as the champion and her mother awakens or she awakens during the climax. Either way I believe we will battle Celine.

Amanda - Alive - Glad to see the mystery regarding her got attention, though it left me wondering if we'll see her again in the future or if this is her end in the plot.

Celine - Dormant - I mentioned my thoughts above but...

Spoiler

I do believe her awakening will be shown at some point

Eli and Sharon - Both Alive - I had to include these two together because how else would I do so. We'll definitely be seeing them soon and will battle them as well. My question is, what will happen to them following the raid

Spoiler

and the Xenpurgis

Spoiler

Zetta - Unknown - I know that after the Puppet Master's defeat, he disappears with Risa and SEC, but Crescent (or maybe it was Clear) still has the Solosis he was formed from. So it may not be an impossibility for him to physically return. I really want to know everyone's opinions on this.

Madelis - Unknown - 

Spoiler

I didn't see her after Melia's group was teleported out of the caves. She'll likely appear again during the raid on Xen HQ, but I'm still curious...

SEC - Most likely Alive - I really enjoyed seeing SEC in this current version, though I expect to see him in Xen HQ. If this version really did bring his final sendoff, then it's also not outside the realm of possibility that his advanced version: CLARA could return.

Geara - Alive - 

Spoiler

Was not expecting his return. With his connection to Sirius, I expect him to appear again for one final battle against the player.

Neved - Alive - We definitely have not seen him for a while and his story still isn't over. I also feel like there will be one last battle between him and either the player or Aelita.

Cassandra 

Spoiler

Alive, but captured - I don't expect her to stay captured for long. I can feel a battle between her and the player coming

Nastasia - Alive - This next update feels like it'll finally have our heroes come face to face with her and I am so ready for when it happens.

Spoiler

A battle is also inevitable and with what we know from the events in the past, she likely has a Deoxys... Speaking of which, she's also either a Storm Chaser or has access to time travel as she appears to be just as young as Rhodea despite the fact that she should apparently be much older. Maybe I missed something?

Mosely - Alive - If the events of the Pearl route are anything to go by, her role might get a bit bigger but this is speculation. I do hope we see more of her though.

Thomas Blakeory Jr. - Alive - Some surprising development here! He went from a character I had little to no respect for to being a very good one in my eyes. 

Blakeory Sr. - Alive - I don't expect him to make a big appearance though if there are scenes during a sort of epilogue or end credits, I think he'll appear.

Cosmia and Comet - Alive - I have a feeling that they'll appear again, especially with their previous appearances

Spoiler

Though I suspect their story will end upon discovery of Xara and Jean's death or something I'll touch upon later...

Isha/Isaiah - Alive - I don't think this is the last we've seen of the good doctor(s), something tells me he'll be back.

Anathea - Deceased - Her spirit is still in the Stone and she'll definitely come out again soon, it's just a matter of when.

Crescent - Alive - This chapter definitely did a lot for her development and I'm definitely interested in seeing

Spoiler

What becomes of her relationship with the player following the events of the Nightmare School and if she assists in the raid on Xen HQ.

Kieran and ??? - Unknown(?) - 

Spoiler

For spoiler reasons I put ??? instead of Clear. Anyway, unless I missed something or just forgot, I think they still got away after the events of V13. I may be incorrect about this though. Either way this was an AMAZING way to flesh them out, I was confused at points but I understand their story now. If they did end up escaping then I can see them having a hand in the events leading up to the climax. If they did not and were killed or otherwise taken care of, then the effects they had on others and how they develop because of it will certainly last.

Madame X - Alive - We're all waiting for the day we get to battle Madame X again. For real this time.

Spoiler

It's most likely not going to be sometime soon since her full team is very likely around the same level as the last gym leader if not just a full team of level 100's. Either way, I know for a fact that it will be b r u t a l !

Indriad - Unknown - 

Spoiler

I believe Indriad is the true villain of this game. I don't know when he will be challenged by the heroes or how, but I believe when they do, it will spark the peak of the climax. His goals are still a mystery (unless I'm an idiot and just missed them completely)...

Nymiera - Unknown - 

Spoiler

Considering who Nymiera is, I think it's safe to say that she'll have a major impact on the story and will appear closer to the climax though I may be wrong...

And that should be every major character! If I left anyone out, let me know! Aside from that, who's your favorite character and what do you think their role in future updates will be?

• Like 8

In response to the Ren and Reina prophecy thing Reina mentions in the Voidal Chasm,

Clues do lead to Reina being the traitor instead of Ren, because:

1. The light Prophecy states that the 4 lights are "not human". Well technically Ren (we don't 100% know if the Ren we hang out with is just a Robot or is actually the real Ren now a cyborg) so let's just say the Ren we're with is a cyborg. This would align him with the light prophecy then right?

2. The dark prophecy states all 4 darks are "human". Reina well... is a human so it kinda makes sense?

3. Reina is also kind of... potentially easy to manipulate?  Even though she knows Kieran is the enemy,  she still "falls for his smooth voice" in that one cutscene at Alamissa where Kieran dumps MC, Ren, Reina, Huey into past Hiyoshi City.

Ren also has more connections to the main cast, so I feel there's no motivation for him to remain evil, especially since Neved tells Anatasia to keep an eye on him during those Xen exec cutscenes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

we don't 100% know if the Ren we hang out with is just a Robot or is actually the real Ren now a cyborg

He did say this is a remote controlled body and his real one is in Xen HQ. I personally dont see a reason to doubt his words about then, Ren is still very much a human. 

He does have a reason to remain with team Xen though. He has seen a lot, had a change of perspective, and maybe team Xen's goals actually make sense to him now. Not to mention most likely he and Anastasia will be a thing and i bet you anything our Renny boy will do anything for love. 

He did say this is a remote controlled body and his real one is in Xen HQ. I personally dont see a reason to doubt his words about then, Ren is still very much a human. 

He does have a reason to remain with team Xen though. He has seen a lot, had a change of perspective, and maybe team Xen's goals actually make sense to him now. Not to mention most likely he and Anastasia will be a thing and i bet you anything our Renny boy will do anything for love. 

But, isn't Nastasia like 50? I think their relationship is totally platonic if anything. But I must agree that we don't really have a reason to not belive him when he tells us that his real body is stored at the Xen HQ. I think that making Ren the villain might be a little to obvious, since even from the beginning he was a double agent (though it was Crescent who manipulated him into being one for her) and Reina didn't really have any bigger character development. 

Spoiler

We also can't forget that Cosmia and Comet (who work for Kieran and Clear, so by extension Madame X) have kidnapped and impersonated Ren and Reina's mother, Regina, (and Mosely too) during the events of the Diamond Route in V13. I bet it will have bigger impact during the Xen HQ raid. Who knows? Maybe one of the siblings will get blackmailed with their mother being a bargaining chip to disclose the info about the Xen HQ raid or something? Still, it's just a theory and I'm most probably wrong. Ignore my ramblings.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:37 AM, Bok_Choy777 said:

The light Prophecy states that the 4 lights are "not human". Well technically Ren (we don't 100% know if the Ren we hang out with is just a Robot or is actually the real Ren now a cyborg) so let's just say the Ren we're with is a cyborg. This would align him with the light prophecy then right?

Well that is true, but I think since we know that Melia, Erin, Alice and Allen are the 4 that contain The Archetype, I'm fairly certain that they are the 4 Lights.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:37 AM, Bok_Choy777 said:

Reina is also kind of... potentially easy to manipulate?  Even though she knows Kieran is the enemy,  she still "falls for his smooth voice" in that one cutscene at Alamissa where Kieran dumps MC, Ren, Reina, Huey into past Hiyoshi City.

Ren also has more connections to the main cast, so I feel there's no motivation for him to remain evil, especially since Neved tells Anatasia to keep an eye on him during those Xen exec cutscenes. 

That makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it, Cassandra's smug attitude at the end of the Chapter could signify that she knows Reina will turn on the heroes. Then again that might just be grasping at straws.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, Cyphre said:

Even ignoring his connection with Nastasia, I don't think Madame X would just let him leave if he tried.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:30 AM, Saroyan said:

But, isn't Nastasia like 50?

Reveal hidden contents

We also can't forget that Cosmia and Comet (who work for Kieran and Clear, so by extension Madame X) have kidnapped and impersonated Ren and Reina's mother, Regina, (and Mosely too) during the events of the Diamond Route in V13. I bet it will have bigger impact during the Xen HQ raid. Who knows? Maybe one of the siblings will get blackmailed with their mother being a bargaining chip to disclose the info about the Xen HQ raid or something? Still, it's just a theory and I'm most probably wrong. Ignore my ramblings.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Cyphre said:

Unknown. While she could age naturally, she could also come from the past like so many others. She is the right hand woman of a person who owns a Time Crystal. 

According to the Rejuvenation Wiki, Cella (The Eldest) was 29 before Storm-9 and 69 during the events of the main story. Anastasia was 6 when Ren helped her back then so she should be 46 now. Either she looks incredible for her age or she has also been hopping around the time stream.

5 minutes ago, Rocket_Octopus said:

Well that is true, but I think since we know that Melia, Erin, Alice and Allen are the 4 that contain The Archetype, I'm fairly certain that they are the 4 Lights.

They aren't the only non humans thoughh.

It's implied (albeit in an out of the way) scene that the four lights are The MC, Melia, Alieta, and someone else

29 minutes ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

They aren't the only non humans thoughh.

It's implied (albeit in an out of the way) scene that the four lights are The MC, Melia, Alieta, and someone else

That's another thing I considered, do you think it's possible that Nim could be the 4th light? Part of me thinks it's possible but another part of me has also thought of the possibility that

Spoiler

Nim could be a sort of physical reincarnation of Nymiera

Just now, Rocket_Octopus said:

That's another thing I considered, do you think it's possible that Nim could be the 4th light? Part of me thinks it's possible but another part of me has also thought of the possibility that

Hide contents

Nim could be a sort of physical reincarnation of Nymiera

Here's some of the scene, if you haven't seen it:

Spoiler

sdeq.PNG.4f567694872d5e6d58f00376caaab084.PNGwfafZ.PNG.4c85ccd93a352c83268561d2d5a0de71.PNGeq1.PNG.1c86c1871ff95ba0deaa4a425aa222ad.PNGRQW.PNG.24520103bbeacb007fea287674964c00.PNGERQDF.PNG.81ef07381b8e09c647823f28d305f5e1.PNGDQEDQ.PNG.03fef249bc06bac9017abde2f4ec5b98.PNGRWQRF.PNG.dd4ec07d4eb112c9e995dd26c81dd662.PNGQRDDW.PNG.f4db926a9c51ec0fe35537a3e2ad35fe.PNG

7 hours ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

Reveal hidden contents

sdeq.PNG.4f567694872d5e6d58f00376caaab084.PNGwfafZ.PNG.4c85ccd93a352c83268561d2d5a0de71.PNGeq1.PNG.1c86c1871ff95ba0deaa4a425aa222ad.PNGRQW.PNG.24520103bbeacb007fea287674964c00.PNGERQDF.PNG.81ef07381b8e09c647823f28d305f5e1.PNGDQEDQ.PNG.03fef249bc06bac9017abde2f4ec5b98.PNGRWQRF.PNG.dd4ec07d4eb112c9e995dd26c81dd662.PNGQRDDW.PNG.f4db926a9c51ec0fe35537a3e2ad35fe.PNG

The first 2 are obvious Melia and Aelita. I’m actually curious who is the one who fights for the lost loved one. As of now, beside the main cast, Huey is the only one who has lost a loved one. Maybe later someone like Reina dies.

also that female, we are not even sure if that is Madame X. Besides Vitus, all main antagonists in this game have all been females

Edited by TheRipper41

3 hours ago, TheRipper41 said:

The first 2 are obvious Melia and Aelita. I’m actually curious who is the one who fights for the lost loved one. As of now, beside the main cast, Huey is the only one who has lost a loved one. Maybe later someone like Reina dies.

also that female, we are not even sure if that is Madame X. Besides Vitus, all main antagonists in this game have all been females

kierean says hi

yes hes considered a main antagonist

I always tought that Ren would be the last light since he was our first rival and if he is still in his robot suit then he would be not born of man.

The loved one could be Reina after she fell to the dark side.

Confirming the twin prophecy.

14 hours ago, TheRipper41 said:

It's either Huey or Ren for sure since they would best fit the one to fight for a lost loved one. For Ren it would likely coincide with the theory of Reina betraying the heroes. For Huey, it's him fighting for Rune, especially with the events of this latest version. The only other way this could also fit Huey is

Spoiler

If something were to happen to Lavender.

Kieran does technically count as an antagonist so that's not exactly true. However Peony is most likely talking about Madame X, since she is the main antagonist, or Angie since we know of her goal and how it affects the world as a whole.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, TheRipper41 said:

Maybe that character is

Spoiler

Crescent, who has lost all of his friends, with MC's past counterpart the most important one (despite she took him/her/them back to life), so maybe this character can be her, but she's still an enigmatic character, I hope for more development.

Edited by S7rife

17 hours ago, S7rife said:

Maybe that character is

Hide contents

Crescent, who has lost all of his friends, with MC's past counterpart the most important one (despite she took him/her/them back to life), so maybe this character can be her, but she's still an enigmatic character, I hope for more development.

When I first read this I thought it didn't make sense, but now as I think about it, it's not an impossible theory. But then I remembered something else.

Spoiler

Crescent's Gothitelle.

We haven't seen it in quite a while and we've seen that it can go behind her back without her knowledge. It's possible that Gothitelle can use it's psychic powers to disguise itself as Crescent while the real Crescent goes about her business as Madame X.

23 hours ago, S7rife said:

Maybe that character is

Hide contents

Imagine if its Huey LOL

I do think the 4 people the Light prophecy is the 4 people with the archertype... I was almost certain of it, and as for the Dark prophecy, i actually think its talking about Kieragan, Clear, Ren and Nim.. But, if the theory says that the Dark prophecy ones need to be human, this breaks what i was thinking apart- and about the Light prophecy, the ones there cant be humans right? Now we would need to see, if the peoples with the Archertype are considerable Humans or not, the same goes for the Interceptor

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

Imagine if its Huey LOL

If we were to think about it, there is a chance that it is Huey. We don't know his origins, not really. The only thing we got at the moment is that both him and Rune (then Freya) were the only survivors of the Miera Powerplant incident and that Rune/Freya somehow knew that Huey is very important. Also, during the Melia/Erin scene in the Blakeory Atheneum we get to read, that the only survivors of said incident were an agent from the International Police, Freya (Rune), and Lord Xenadin, the leader of the first Team Xen. So, there's a chance that Huey is Lord Xenadin. How did he get de-aged and lost his memories is another thing and a possible hole in the theory. But, in conclusion, there's a chance that Huey is not born of man, he has lost a loved one (Rune) and is possibly a part of the Light Prophecy.

3 hours ago, Saroyan said:

If we were to think about it, there is a chance that it is Huey. We don't know his origins, not really. The only thing we got at the moment is that both him and Rune (then Freya) were the only survivors of the Miera Powerplant incident and that Rune/Freya somehow knew that Huey is very important. Also, during the Melia/Erin scene in the Blakeory Atheneum we get to read, that the only survivors of said incident were an agent from the International Police, Freya (Rune), and Lord Xenadin, the leader of the first Team Xen. So, there's a chance that Huey is Lord Xenadin. How did he get de-aged and lost his memories is another thing and a possible hole in the theory. But, in conclusion, there's a chance that Huey is not born of man, he has lost a loved one (Rune) and is possibly a part of the Light Prophecy.

yeah who knows, maybe Voidal Chasm or stuff? or Kieran and Clear did something? we have too little info on who Huey is, but its certainly intriguing

9 hours ago, 321_King_123 said:

I do think the 4 people the Light prophecy is the 4 people with the archertype... I was almost certain of it, and as for the Dark prophecy, i actually think its talking about Kieragan, Clear, Ren and Nim.. But, if the theory says that the Dark prophecy ones need to be human, this breaks what i was thinking apart- and about the Light prophecy, the ones there cant be humans right? Now we would need to see, if the peoples with the Archertype are considerable Humans or not, the same goes for the Interceptor

On 8/25/2021 at 5:49 PM, SharlaSmith44 said:

Reveal hidden contents