I feel like new Souta is WAY too strong. ( in normal )

Vhein

I will leave the Team I used to beat him, I played on Normal, Battle Style on Set and No Items and, in spoilers, how the battle went, bare in mind some RNG is needed because of that DAMNED flinch of 30% on Sky Attack..

- Steelix (Iron Plate, Lead)
Stone Edge
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock

Curse

- Togedemaru (Elemental Seed)
Zing Zap
Spiky Shield
Fell Stinger
Nuzzle

- Pincurchin (Nothing)
Zing Zap
Surf
Electric Terrain
Recover

- Magnezone (Zap Plate)
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Electric Terrain
Thunder Wave

- Talon Flame (Sky Plate)
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Quick Quard
Roost

- Aevium Ampharos (Wide Lens)
Blizzard
Thunder
Power Gem

Thunder Wave

Now how the battle went, remember, I had Battle Style on Set, will keep this in spoilers if you don't want to use it and want to figure out on your own:

Spoiler

Steelix vs Skarmory
Started using Curse once while Skarmory used Stealth Rock
Used my own Stealth Rock while Skarmory started using Sky Attack
2 Gyro Balls to KO Skarmory while it used 2 more Sky Attacks leaving Steelix with a little more than 50%
Souta sends Swanna and I switch to Pincurchin which takes a Electrified Surf (Because of the Electric Terrain it settles) losing around 30% HP.

Pincuchin vs Swanna
Swanna uses Hurricane leaving Pincurchin with around 25% HP while Pincurchin KOs it with a boosted Zing Zap
Souta sends in Unfeazant and I switch to Magnezone which tanks a Return taking only around 10% damage.

Magnezone vs Unfeazant
Unfeazant uses Sky Attack dealing small damage while Magnezone will use Discharge, almost KOing it
Souta will then waste his Ultra Potions if you keep using Discharge until he has none and then use another Sky Attack before getting KOed by Magnezone
Souta will send in Orichorio and I let it KO Magnezone with a Fire-Type Hidden Power (I think) for a safe switch into Talonflame.

Talonflame vs Oricorio
Talonflame will sadly lose 50% HP on entering the field for Stealth Rocks but the Sky Field will allow his Gale Wings Ability to still work even with HP lower than 100%
Talonflame uses Brave Bird in which Oricorio will barely survive before KOing Talonflame, he did his job.

Togedemaru vs Oricorio
Togedemaru will enter the field and activate his own Elemental Seed, giving my side Tailwind while Souta's Tailwind will be gone for a while making it faster than Oricorio
Togedemary then KOs it with Zing Zap, Souta will send in his Dragonite.

Togedemaru & Pincurchin vs Dragonite
Togedemaru will paralyze the Dragonite with a Nuzzle then get KOed by it
I will send in Pincurchin just to renew the Electric Field, it will get KOed by the Dragonite and then I will send Aevium Ampharos.

Aevium Ampharos vs Dragonite & Mega Pidgeotto
Aevium Ampharos will be faster than Dragonite because of Tailwind and Paralysis so it will finish it off with a Blizzard
Souta will send Mega Pidgeotto which will still be faster than Aevium Ampharos but it will tank the Razor Wind with around 5% HP and then finish it off with a boosted, from both the Sky Field and Electric Terrain, Thunder and there, I won.

OBS: The RNG part is getting flinched by Sky Attack or Blizzard from Aevium Ampharos missing (Hence why I gave it Wide Lens)
I am sure there are better strategies since I left this battle with only 2 Pokemons standing but if you play on Battle Style on Switch you won't need to make sacrifices for safe switches like I did.

It's not impossible, massively difficult, yes, but not impossible.. If -I-, a person that isn't even that good and tends to get frustrated and basically bangs his head against the wall in annoyance, could do it with the Battle Style on Set and no items than anyone who isn't imposing those on themselves can do it too.

On 9/26/2021 at 4:12 AM, MhicKy said:

I will leave the Team I used to beat him, I played on Normal, Battle Style on Set and No Items and, in spoilers, how the battle went, bare in mind some RNG is needed because of that DAMNED flinch of 30% on Sky Attack..

- Steelix (Iron Plate, Lead)
Stone Edge
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock

Curse

- Togedemaru (Elemental Seed)
Zing Zap
Spiky Shield
Fell Stinger
Nuzzle

- Pincurchin (Nothing)
Zing Zap
Surf
Electric Terrain
Recover

- Magnezone (Zap Plate)
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Electric Terrain
Thunder Wave

- Talon Flame (Sky Plate)
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Quick Quard
Roost

- Aevium Ampharos (Wide Lens)
Blizzard
Thunder
Power Gem

Thunder Wave

Now how the battle went, remember, I had Battle Style on Set, will keep this in spoilers if you don't want to use it and want to figure out on your own:

Hide contents

Steelix vs Skarmory
Started using Curse once while Skarmory used Stealth Rock
Used my own Stealth Rock while Skarmory started using Sky Attack
2 Gyro Balls to KO Skarmory while it used 2 more Sky Attacks leaving Steelix with a little more than 50%
Souta sends Swanna and I switch to Pincurchin which takes a Electrified Surf (Because of the Electric Terrain it settles) losing around 30% HP.

Pincuchin vs Swanna
Swanna uses Hurricane leaving Pincurchin with around 25% HP while Pincurchin KOs it with a boosted Zing Zap
Souta sends in Unfeazant and I switch to Magnezone which tanks a Return taking only around 10% damage.

Magnezone vs Unfeazant
Unfeazant uses Sky Attack dealing small damage while Magnezone will use Discharge, almost KOing it
Souta will then waste his Ultra Potions if you keep using Discharge until he has none and then use another Sky Attack before getting KOed by Magnezone
Souta will send in Orichorio and I let it KO Magnezone with a Fire-Type Hidden Power (I think) for a safe switch into Talonflame.

Talonflame vs Oricorio
Talonflame will sadly lose 50% HP on entering the field for Stealth Rocks but the Sky Field will allow his Gale Wings Ability to still work even with HP lower than 100%
Talonflame uses Brave Bird in which Oricorio will barely survive before KOing Talonflame, he did his job.

Togedemaru vs Oricorio
Togedemaru will enter the field and activate his own Elemental Seed, giving my side Tailwind while Souta's Tailwind will be gone for a while making it faster than Oricorio
Togedemary then KOs it with Zing Zap, Souta will send in his Dragonite.

Togedemaru & Pincurchin vs Dragonite
Togedemaru will paralyze the Dragonite with a Nuzzle then get KOed by it
I will send in Pincurchin just to renew the Electric Field, it will get KOed by the Dragonite and then I will send Aevium Ampharos.

Aevium Ampharos vs Dragonite & Mega Pidgeotto
Aevium Ampharos will be faster than Dragonite because of Tailwind and Paralysis so it will finish it off with a Blizzard
Souta will send Mega Pidgeotto which will still be faster than Aevium Ampharos but it will tank the Razor Wind with around 5% HP and then finish it off with a boosted, from both the Sky Field and Electric Terrain, Thunder and there, I won.

OBS: The RNG part is getting flinched by Sky Attack or Blizzard from Aevium Ampharos missing (Hence why I gave it Wide Lens)
I am sure there are better strategies since I left this battle with only 2 Pokemons standing but if you play on Battle Style on Switch you won't need to make sacrifices for safe switches like I did.

It's not impossible, massively difficult, yes, but not impossible.. If -I-, a person that isn't even that good and tends to get frustrated and basically bangs his head against the wall in annoyance, could do it with the Battle Style on Set and no items than anyone who isn't imposing those on themselves can do it too.

How do I get a Steelix? Also is it possible to EV train my pokemin in GDC?  I can't leave the place to go back to Gearen..

I need to get heart scales also. I can't find any luvdisc here.

Edited by Pokeman54

Seeds in general are kind of rare, usually hidden items on the overworld. Couldn't tell you if there are any in the vicinity of GDC though, haven't really paid attention to how many I've picked up or where.

Steelix evolves from Onix while it's holding a Metal Coat and you use a Link Heart on it. Both of these items also have to be found somewhere in the overworld. 

@Pokeman54
I think I got that Elemental Seed in the Old East Gaeren hidden in the bushes on top of the Lab, I think..
To get a Steelix you need to capture an Onyx on Carotos Mountain, make it hold a Metal Coat and use a Link Heart to evolve it, the Metal Coat can be obtained on the West Gaeren Power Plant literally just sitting on a table on one of the rooms to the left.

5 minutes ago, Pokeman54 said:

@MhicKy

Oh I see, so I guess I need to find other solutions since I can't go back to Gearen :/

If you're playing with Battle Style on Switch you can try to get a Boltund with Strong Jaw instead, the Flying-type on the Oricorio won't be damaged by the Electric moves but at this point you can just use Crunch (Which will be boosted by the ability) and OHKO it, Boltund also has Nuzzle to paralyze the Dragonite and can also learn Ice Fang in case you wanna try to take it out (Tho' I prefer to paralyze it since Boltund's Ice Fang won't KO it)

For the Dragonite, since A-Ampharos won't be faster than it because of the lack of Tailwind, if you're playing on Battle Style Switch you can just take the hit, KO the Dragonite, switch back to Steelix once he sends the M-Pidgeotto and just heal the A-Ampharos back to 100% too.

You know it never even occurred to me that Shift battle style is in this game. This is my first playthrough and I started out on Intense mode since I was overconfident from other ROMhacks I played...it broke me after the 2nd gym leader and I went down to Normal haha. I never thought to change the battle style when I was stuck.

6 hours ago, SpookyEvelyn said:

You know it never even occurred to me that Shift battle style is in this game. This is my first playthrough and I started out on Intense mode since I was overconfident from other ROMhacks I played...it broke me after the 2nd gym leader and I went down to Normal haha. I never thought to change the battle style when I was stuck.

Yeah, other romhacks are baby-mode in comparison to Reborn/Rejuvenation..
I usually like to play on Normal with the Battle Style on Shift too cuz I don't like getting stuck but since this is my 5th time playing v13 I decided to challenge myself a little (Still not trying Intense, f*ck that!)

I only used one Pokémon against him : 

Vivillon  @ Elemental Seed
Ability: Compound Eyes  
EVs: 120 Def / 136 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hurricane  
- Substitute  
- Quiver Dance  
- Sleep Powder

It's very simple. Skarmory is far too strong in the beggining of the battle. However, with the Elemental Seed, Vivillon outspeeds Skarmory and it can make it to sleep.
Then, set up only one Quiver Danse and it's time 2 OHKO it with 2 Hurricane. After this one, use Sleep Powder on the next Pokémon and set up a second Quiver Danser. 

Now, time to sweep. 

1 hour ago, P.Kiko said:

I only used one Pokémon against him : 

Vivillon  @ Elemental Seed
Ability: Compound Eyes  
EVs: 120 Def / 136 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hurricane  
- Substitute  
- Quiver Dance  
- Sleep Powder

It's very simple. Skarmory is far too strong in the beggining of the battle. However, with the Elemental Seed, Vivillon outspeeds Skarmory and it can make it to sleep.
Then, set up only one Quiver Danse and it's time 2 OHKO it with 2 Hurricane. After this one, use Sleep Powder on the next Pokémon and set up a second Quiver Danser. 

Now, time to sweep. 

This is not possible to have legitimately. Vivillion doesn't learn Substitute by Levelup, Tutor, or Breeding. Which means you'd need a TM you don't have access to.

I don't remember if I already had the TM, but you can have it in the Department Store 8F.

Even if you don't have this TM, you can beat Souta. You just need to be lucky when you need to set up 2 Quiver Danse. And if you want to use an another item on Vivillon, you can try the Wide Lens (you may miss Sleep Powder, I did it), and give the Seed to a Suicide Lead with Self Destruct or Explosion.  

10 hours ago, Rabbna said:

When I beat him back in v10 I used something that can kill Skarmory and then sweep him with elemental seed speed boost Yanmega.

Well a lot changed since then..
In v12 the common strategy was to turn the Sky Field into a Cave Field by using Smack Down + Dig so you could easily sweep him with a Lycanrok afterwards but Jan keeps catching on to these cheezy strats and changing it.. Now changing the field into Cave Field is impossible and Souta has 3 Pokemons with moves that change the field back to Sky Field anyway so.. Yeah.. v13 Souta is ridiculously more difficult than any other previous version..