Quitting Rejuvenation.

HoplashTheGuy

Honestly?  V13's kinda making me consider the exact same thing and I don't blame you for quitting in the absolute slightest.  I might make my own post about this later (or if I ever have the stomach for it), but, in a nutshell, I feel like easy difficulty and casual mode are anything BUT easy OR casual - nothing about easy difficulty or casual mode suggest that you'll be ripping your hair out as early as the first Gym of the game.

1 hour ago, Existentially_tired said:

Honestly?  V13's kinda making me consider the exact same thing and I don't blame you for quitting in the absolute slightest.  I might make my own post about this later (or if I ever have the stomach for it), but, in a nutshell, I feel like easy difficulty and casual mode are anything BUT easy OR casual - nothing about easy difficulty or casual mode suggest that you'll be ripping your hair out as early as the first Gym of the game.

If casual mode is too difficult then with all due respect maybe pokemon fan games aren't for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Samurai said:

If casual mode is too difficult then with all due respect maybe pokemon fan games aren't for you.

I've played other Pokémon fan games, and not many of them have had as insane difficulty levels as Rejuvenation, though Rejuvenation is still somehow the easiest compared to Reborn and Desolation, both of which I wasn't able to play to the very end.  I was able to play to the end of Rejuvenation V12 somehow and I was legitimately looking forward to V13, but...no, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your point; just because a fan game developer (or developers) believe that official Pokémon games are "easy", it doesn't mean they should make even the easiest difficulty mode of their fan game absurdly hard.  To say that Pokémon fan games in general aren't for me because I find this ONE "too difficult" on what should be the easiest mode is unfair to the rest of the fan games that aren't Rejuvenation, Reborn or Desolation.

Edited by Existentially_tired

Too each there own I supposed. Ay what you like and if rejuvenation is too difficult for you then there are plenty of fangames to choose from. Rejuvenation is Intended to be more difficult than mainline or even other fangames barring challenge hacks. I could sympathize with your frustration and wish you well.

Imagine going out of your way to publicize that you quit because it's too hard.  You realize that's just an unnecessary barb, right?  I get it, people have their own methods of enjoyment.  Different strokes and all.  But going out of one's way to be discouraging just seems like Karen'ing.

• Upvote 4

On 8/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, Existentially_tired said:

To be fair, there have been a lot of nerfing of Venam lately especially on easy.

-Geodude available in the sewers

-Removed Merciless on Mareanie [easy]

-- Changed first badge cap to 18
- Adjusted Venam's levels slightly to match new cap; removed Venoshock on Mareanie

What I recommend is pickling up the voltorb [buy 4 poke balls from the market dude that asks for $400/ball],  and teach it Charge Beam when it levels up enough, then lower Mareanie's Sp Attack with Eerie Impulse. Enough charge beam boosts tears through her team

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

To be fair, there have been a lot of nerfing of Venam lately especially on easy.

-Geodude available in the sewers

-Removed Merciless on Mareanie [easy]

-- Changed first badge cap to 18
- Adjusted Venam's levels slightly to match new cap; removed Venoshock on Mareanie

What I recommend is pickling up the voltorb [buy 4 poke balls from the market dude that asks for $400/ball],  and teach it Charge Beam when it levels up enough, then lower Mareanie's Sp Attack with Eerie Impulse. Enough charge beam boosts tears through her team

I used the first Gym as an example; it's by no means the only time where casual-easy mode should ever make you want to pull your hair out.  But I had never considered using that Voltorb, so I'll give that a shot.  Thanks for that tip; I started with Torchic for my 3rd attempt and Mareanie would've been hell to deal with.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:36 AM, Existentially_tired said:

I've played other Pokémon fan games, and not many of them have had as insane difficulty levels as Rejuvenation, though Rejuvenation is still somehow the easiest compared to Reborn and Desolation, both of which I wasn't able to play to the very end.  I was able to play to the end of Rejuvenation V12 somehow and I was legitimately looking forward to V13, but...no, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your point; just because a fan game developer (or developers) believe that official Pokémon games are "easy", it doesn't mean they should make even the easiest difficulty mode of their fan game absurdly hard.  To say that Pokémon fan games in general aren't for me because I find this ONE "too difficult" on what should be the easiest mode is unfair to the rest of the fan games that aren't Rejuvenation, Reborn or Desolation.

Dude... Now, sometimes, Rejuvenation isnt even hard... Its UNFAIR.

Like, in the end of V13, The gym leader LITERALLY have 2 Mons that are FREAKIN LV 89 (i play on Normal mode) And YOUR LEVEL CAP IS 85. So, they are literally stoping making the game hard and are starting to make the game so freakin much unfair. Because of this, i started using Items. and hell, even revives. I wanted a hard but enyofull experience, hell, not a almost impossible one that in every single important battle i need RNG at some point to win

i will bypass everything else that has been beaten to death in every piece of media and stay only on this:

ike, in the end of V13, The gym leader LITERALLY have 2 Mons that are FREAKIN LV 89 (i play on Normal mode) And YOUR LEVEL CAP IS 85. So, they are literally stoping making the game hard and are starting to make the game so freakin much unfair.

Lets have a look at the game rejuv was inspired by:   
Terra/Ciel:  level cap 75,  aces level 78.   
Adrienn: lvl cap 80,  ace level 84   
Titania: lvl cap 85,   2 mons lvl 86 and ace level 90   
Amaria is immediately after so it doesnt matter that cap becomes 90, you will most likely go to her with levels 85-86.  and her team has  86/86/87/87/88/92
Hardy: lvl cap 90,  levels 90/92/92/91/91/97

levels above the cap as the game goes into late has always been part of the equation for these kinds of games.   its one of the ways to maintain the challenge as the player becomes stronger and stronger

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 321_King_123 said:

Dude... Now, sometimes, Rejuvenation isnt even hard... Its UNFAIR.

Like, in the end of V13, The gym leader LITERALLY have 2 Mons that are FREAKIN LV 89 (i play on Normal mode) And YOUR LEVEL CAP IS 85. So, they are literally stoping making the game hard and are starting to make the game so freakin much unfair. Because of this, i started using Items. and hell, even revives. I wanted a hard but enyofull experience, hell, not a almost impossible one that in every single important battle i need RNG at some point to win

I was much more annoyed about 2 Megas. With held items. Maybe next version some enemy can get a Mega who holds Life Orb, Assault Vest, some Band Item, Leftovers and all berries at once, just for shits and giggles. It's one thing to give an enemy advantage, but now opponents are literally playing a different game. 

I think this only happens in the Expert/Pro difficulty right? i play on normal and it only had 1 Mega. 

But still, this is one of the most unfair things i heard from the expert difficulty ._. 2 mega? And making them hold held items?? I can already see a mega mon holding a Z-Crystal. Or just imagine a Mega-Lucario holding Life orb/Choice band using only Bullet Punch or Vaccum wave 

Can I be honest?
Complaining that a game like Rejuvenation is too hard is kinda stupid since that's the point.. It's like being one of those gaming journalist years ago giving Cuphead bad reviews because it's too hard, like, yeah, that's the appeal of the game.. It was advertised as a challenging platformer.. 

Casual Mode is, with all honest, pretty fair and easy.. It's suppose to be for people that want a challenge but don't wanna have to waste time breeding the perfect Pokemon and that's how I saw it, I do get that breeding the perfect Pokemons can be tedious and that's why I usually get debug mode for but casual really doesn't need anything so my assumption is that you're probably just going into fights without any plan like I used to when I was a kid, just throw you strongest mon and use your strongest move and win (and in a main series game you can, sadly enough)..

I came to Pokemon Rejuvenation after beating X/Y and feeling unsatisfied with the story and the challenge.. While I waited for v13 my husband's brother gave me Sword and Shield and it was ridiculously easy to the point of boredom, after defeating the champion on a nuzzlock where he was 5-8 levels above me, with me not using Dynamaxing, with a team of pure Normal Types and only losing 3 mons to him I kinda felt that the original series is bland and still stuck on it's childish side even tho' the majority of it's fans are already grown ups and discovered the strategic side of it.. Pokemon can be a fun game but GameFreak constantly treats it as a kid's game and that will eventually kill the franchise but Rejuvenation and Reborn treats it as a strategy game and purposedly make it difficult in order to show how challenging the game can actually be when you care for it..

TL;DR - Complaining about Rejuvenation being too hard is dumb since that's the appeal of it, casual mode is pretty fair so if you're having problem with it you need to rethink your strategy and the reason why Rejuvenation and Reborn are good is because they actually treat the players as thinking adults and not drooling children

-EDIT-
Ah yeah, let's not forget the fact that the game isn't done yet so balancing will happen on the course of new updates and such

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Complaining about Rejuvenation being too hard is dumb since that's the appeal of it

Im fairly sure that most of the appeal comes from a detailed world, actual characters and story, as well as a much better progression and pacing. Difficulty was always secondary, and all fan games like Insurgence, Reborn and Desolation are first of all known for making pokemon work with a much more compelling narrative in a setting that makes much more sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Im fairly sure that most of the appeal comes from a detailed world, actual characters and story, as well as a much better progression and pacing. Difficulty was always secondary, and all fan games like Insurgence, Reborn and Desolation are first of all known for making pokemon work with a much more compelling narrative in a setting that makes much more sense. 

...No? i'll have to politely disagree. Reborn's main selling point has ALWAYS been the difficulty, and Rejuv simply inherited that title. if you ask people what the first thing that comes to mind when they play these games, they will almost always say "It's a challenging game!" or something to the tune of that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Generic Gamer said:

Reborn's main selling point has ALWAYS been the difficulty, and Rejuv simply inherited that title. if you ask people what the first thing that comes to mind when they play these games, they will almost always say "It's a challenging game!" or something to the tune of that.

No. It's first and main selling point was always, i quote, "massive, detailed world". Adding Field Effects was done not only to spice up gameplay, but also as a way to enhance immersion in the same world. Even in an interview with Ame way back in 2014 she said that the darker story and world came first, difficulty was added more to accomodate darker tone of the story. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyphre said:

No. It's first and main selling point was always, i quote, "massive, detailed world". Adding Field Effects was done not only to spice up gameplay, but also as a way to enhance immersion in the same world. Even in an interview with Ame way back in 2014 she said that the darker story and world came first, difficulty was added more to accomodate darker tone of the story. 

Ask anybody. LITERALLY ANYBODY. how they got into Reborn. they'll tell you it's because they heard it was hard. the main positive point anyone hears is always the Difficulty first. story, for most people, has always been a pleasant side effect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

I startedd playing Reborn because people called it the "dark souls" of Pokémon.
Field Effects and world always came second to that.

6 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

i found reborn after i was disappointed by all of those  "hard versions"  of main series  games i tried my hand on, so i just kept searching for  "hardest pokemon games"    and  Yahoo answers  delivered Reborn to me.

5 minutes ago, Generic Gamer said:

Ask anybody. LITERALLY ANYBODY. how they got into Reborn. they'll tell you it's because they heard it was hard. the main positive point anyone hears is always the Difficulty first. story, for most people, has always been a pleasant side effect.

And that is a huge shame in my opinion, since, again, all that difficulty would be meaningless without a world it exist in. You wouldnt be that interested in fighting all those gym leaders and Meteor admins if they were all Youngster Joey. But then again, it's been, i think, 8 years since Reborn started development and a lot of conceptions about it were changed. 

I am also curious, when people want to play difficult pokemon, why not just go on Showdown? Generally a lot of good matches there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

And that is a huge shame in my opinion, since, again, all that difficulty would be meaningless without a world it exist in. You wouldnt be that interested in fighting all those gym leaders and Meteor admins if they were all Youngster Joey. But then again, it's been, i think, 8 years since Reborn started development and a lot of conceptions about it were changed. 

I am also curious, when people want to play difficult pokemon, why not just go on Showdown? Generally a lot of good matches there. 

OHKO moves banned on showdown, can't have shit in detroit 😭

Just now, Cyphre said:

Personally, I prefer the challenge of Rejuvenation due to the fact that it's not a game that's against other people. I don't like PvP, and while I only play on Casual mode, I find it an interesting challenge, but I still resort to using revives and such to alleviate the inevitable frustration from not playing with entirely perfectly-bred and trained 'mons. I'm having fun enough to stay, but I can understand why the OP and others like them are willing to leave.

• Like 1