A moment of Silence..

MhicKy

• Veterans

guys... the constant off-topic posting is what caused the thread to get locked. making another thread to continue the nonsense in will just result in the same thing lol.

like, not to harsh you guys' high or hype but maybe it's best to just pipe down for a while

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

If I gotta be honest, expecting the forum to -not- go off-topic and follow a constant trail is kinda unrealistic, every forum of every kind of thing end up going like that.. In my view, aside from the Bryce Calls situation, the thread was doing fine, people were talking about Pokemon, getting hyped for the v13 release, asking question that were already answered ages ago but they didn't saw it and request dumb s**t, as it is natural even if a little annoying at times.

I hope you guys see the v14 Discussion thread with more leniency and if situations like the Bart Malls appear, just simply give a warning to the person deviating the conversation and if they don't, well, bring the hammer down on the person not the whole thread, it's the same as a teacher punishing the whole class because one student didn't shut up. 
Take it as a piece of criticism from someone that works in management but sometimes I think you guys are quite stiff when it comes to moderating the forum and a bit aggressive, even in this thread, we are talking about the v13 Discussion Thread and topics related to Pokemon, which should be fine but we already got warned to "pipe down".

Aaand with this, if I get banned guys, just wanna let you all know, it has been an honor!

43 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

If I gotta be honest, expecting the forum to -not- go off-topic and follow a constant trail is kinda unrealistic, every forum of every kind of thing end up going like that.. In my view, aside from the Bryce Calls situation, the thread was doing fine, people were talking about Pokemon, getting hyped for the v13 release, asking question that were already answered ages ago but they didn't saw it and request dumb s**t, as it is natural even if a little annoying at times.

I hope you guys see the v14 Discussion thread with more leniency and if situations like the Bart Malls appear, just simply give a warning to the person deviating the conversation and if they don't, well, bring the hammer down on the person not the whole thread, it's the same as a teacher punishing the whole class because one student didn't shut up. 
Take it as a piece of criticism from someone that works in management but sometimes I think you guys are quite stiff when it comes to moderating the forum and a bit aggressive, even in this thread, we are talking about the v13 Discussion Thread and topics related to Pokemon, which should be fine but we already got warned to "pipe down".

Aaand with this, if I get banned guys, just wanna let you all know, it has been an honor!

I don't disagree, but at the same time I think we hold some responsibility for feeding the troll.  I do agree that the problem poster should have been removed or warned before the thread was locked though as it seemed to me that people were at least trying to get it back on topic.

I think part of the problem is topics for V13 were starting to dry up, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because v13 is practically around the corner (hopefully 🤞) Looking at the dev blog the last thing that was posted that was discussion worthy pertaining to V13 was in January, with the post after reassuring progress is being made along with Game-z support and Mac, and the post after explained more about testing phases.  To be clear I'm not blaming this on anybody, there's only so much the devs can talk about V13 without completely spoiling stuff and it's better for some things to remain a surprise, right?  I'm hoping discussion can pick up again once V13 is actually released.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mudkip604 said:

what a tragic end really all over something so silly oh well fun times were had

Let's just hope things will be better on the v14 Discussion Thread when it's out

18 hours ago, Adam. said:

Because people would go off topic way too much. The non-sense of Scott Hall was the final straw and besides when the newest update is close, some people get a little crazy in the discussion channel and then the channel becomes unbearable ie the dude who was just talking nonsense. Besides when someone is clearly trolling you really should not give the said troll attention. So in short the reason it got locked was because people can't follow rules and like to be trolls for no reason. 

What does Razor Ramon have to do with any of this?

On a more serious note, perhaps it'd help to create a designated "Anything Goes" discussion thread where people can talk freely with just enough moderation to keep it from becoming a cesspit. I've seen a bunch of other forums do it and it might help to keep that sorta stuff contained. Feel free to disregard this if there's a reason why something like that doesn't already exist or if it's already been suggested a bunch.

6 hours ago, Kool Aid said:

What does Razor Ramon have to do with any of this?

On a more serious note, perhaps it'd help to create a designated "Anything Goes" discussion thread where people can talk freely with just enough moderation to keep it from becoming a cesspit. I've seen a bunch of other forums do it and it might help to keep that sorta stuff contained. Feel free to disregard this if there's a reason why something like that doesn't already exist or if it's already been suggested a bunch.

Like a literal Off-Topic thread?
Yeah that could work.. One of the mods will have to create it tho' so it stays nice and pinned at the top

• Veterans
5 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Like a literal Off-Topic thread?
Yeah that could work.. One of the mods will have to create it tho' so it stays nice and pinned at the top

yyyyyyyeah don't count on it

4 hours ago, Zumi said:

yyyyyyyeah don't count on it

A pity.. I just hope off-topic discussions be seem with more leniency then since there won't be a thread specifically made for it but you guys are the moderators and I'm just a fan

1 hour ago, dragonsbeat said:

I love how y'all are talking about V14 discussion thread and forgetting about V13.5

Oh shot! Yeah.. Forgot about that.. But I don't thinkg the v13.5 will take as long tho' since it will just be an implementation of the Pokemons from the DLCs

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

A pity.. I just hope off-topic discussions be seem with more leniency then since there won't be a thread specifically made for it but you guys are the moderators and I'm just a fan

Oh shot! Yeah.. Forgot about that.. But I don't thinkg the v13.5 will take as long tho' since it will just be an implementation of the Pokemons from the DLCs

Pretty sure it includes some side quest and half of Route 4 as well. It might take some as well but not as long as a whole new version I guess.

• Veterans
6 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I really mean it more in the sense of that we ourselves won't be making one, nor will it be pinned to the forum. If you wanna make an off-topic/anything goes rejuv thread go ahead, it just won't be officially endorsed or anything

1 hour ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

still a moment of silence

The moment of silence got silenced for a while, guess we can count that as a second moment of silence

pokemon rejuvenation v13 is still going  come which makes it worth it

ok this is an edit since none replied or commented when v12 was released did the players who had a saved file was able to get the new items in there old ones .so i mean if a player collects almost every hidden items when playing a new version did the hidden items were actually reset or did new items came there place and the player can collect those as extra for eg: if a person found all hidden yellow shard in v11 after the update did he get find new yellow shards .if yes then will it be the same in v13

• Like 1

50% testing done, guys!
This would probably be posted by multiple people in the v13 Discussion Tread.. *snif*
So young.. So full of life..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

50% testing done, guys!
This would probably be posted by multiple people in the v13 Discussion Tread.. *snif*
So young.. So full of life..

I already knew about that.

1 hour ago, RoyChaos said:

🤨

Huh? WHAT?

What is this?

Click the word "Blails"
It's an old video anyways..