Pokemon No one ever uses

PokeGuy96

So yeah what are some pokemon that you guys/most people rarely use or not use at all. Doing a challenge with these weak mons making a team with them and see if I can beat Reborn. In normal games this should be easy even with something weak like Magikarp however in Reborn this is another story. So yeah let me know.

Well I have some suggestions (note: I will not include pre-evolutions like Pichu or stuff like that) and those are only my opinion:

And I try to include 1 of every type ;)

- Unown

- Delibird

- Shedinja (Just for Reborn because I have a feeling, every enemy could have and effective move against you)

- Smeargle (At the start of the game, this can be really tough, because you need to farm your moveset)

- Luvdisc

- Spinda

- Farfecht'd

- Kricketune

- Ledian

- Beautifly, Dustox and Butterfree

- Wobbuffet (Because you need to guess the move which they will be using, and I'm not good at that :D)

- Parasect

- Plusle, Minun

- Pachirisu

- Sudowoodo

- Corsola

- Stunfisk

- Castform (Because you need to set up a weather change so that it can be reliable)

From the Fire section it was a bit hard to find something, if you dont include Castform. But I think Magcargo would be my choice here. Because it is 4x weak vs 2 types and 2x weak vs 2 types and slow. But it can has it upsides.

Fighting section the same thing, but I guess Crabominable because it is hard to get to evlove into it and has a lot of weaknesses or Breloom because it has 1 4x weakness and a lot of 2x weaknesses and the moveset is not that good.

From the almighty dragon type I think Druddigon is the worst of them.

If you want some Mega Evolution Pokemons, there would be Mawile or Sableye as an example.

Yeah I think that can be enough :D I could go further but at some point there are Pokemons with bad stats but good moves for example Raticate where you can lower the hp of the oponent to half with only 1 Attack.

If someone wants to add stuff feel free to do so, I really would also want to know what you guys think about this topic :D.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jace3 said:

Well I have some suggestions (note: I will not include pre-evolutions like Pichu or stuff like that) and those are only my opinion:

- Unown

- Delibird

- Shedinja (Just for Reborn because I have a feeling, every enemy could have and effective move against you)

- Smeargle (At the start of the game, this can be really tough, because you need to farm your moveset)

- Luvdisc

- Spinda

- Farfecht'd

- Kricketune

- Ledian

- Beautifly, Dustox and Butterfree

- Wobbuffet (Because you need to guess the move which they will be using, and I'm not good at that :D)

- Parasect

- Plusle, Minun

- Pachirisu

- Sudowoodo

- Corsola

- Stunfisk

- Castform (Because you need to set up a weather change so that it can be reliable)

From the Fire section it was a bit hard to find something, if you dont include Castform. But I think Magcargo would be my choice here. Because it is 4x weak vs 2 types and 2x weak vs 2 types and slow. But it can has it upsides.

Fighting section the same thing, but I guess Crabominable because it is hard to get to evlove into it and has a lot of weaknesses or Breloom because it has 1 4x weakness and a lot of 2x weaknesses and the moveset is not that good.

From the almighty dragon type I think Druddigon is the worst of them.

If you want some Mega Evolution Pokemons, there would be Mawile or Sableye as an example.

Yeah I think that can be enough :D I could go further but at some point there are Pokemons with bad stats but good moves for example Raticate where you can lower the hp of the oponent to half with only 1 Attack.

If someone wants to add stuff feel free to do so, I really would also want to know what you guys think about this topic :D.

*cough**cough* Butterfree *cough*
I always thought Compound Eyes  Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance should be illegal together.

Edited by Lucas4362
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Kricketune, Butterfree, Pachirisu shouldn't be listed as weak in Reborn. Kricketune rocks through Julia and Florinia. Butterfree as above. I managed to use Pachirisu in quite a few of my playthroughs up to around 50 lvl: nuzzle + electroball with superfang is quite useful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah, I forgot about that :D thanks. But in order to do so, you need to set it up first and Butterfree is almost everytime a one shot.

And its base speed is not that high to do so. You would need Trick Room or a Quick Claw proc to do so and it needs to survive.

4 minutes ago, Egzample said:

Kricketune, Butterfree, Pachirisu shouldn't be listed as weak in Reborn. Kricketune rocks through Julia and Florinia. Butterfree as above. I managed to use Pachirisu in quite a few of my playthroughs up to around 50 lvl: nuzzle + electroball with superfang is quite useful.

Alright I can see that. But those were like I said only my opinions and I'm happy you guys are correcting me on these 👍

Does someone of you here know how to delete a post or fuse them together? Because it looks like I double posted now.... :/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jace3 said:

Castform

I actually used it quite a bit during my (non-sand) weather runs. It’s the only good sun or hail setter in the early game a solid backup to Finneon for rain.

And Breloom is absolutely not a bad grass or fighting type. It’s great as both. Spore, Technician Mach Punch and Bullet Seed, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, wcv said:

And Breloom is absolutely not a bad grass or fighting type. It’s great as both. Spore, Technician Mach Punch and Bullet Seed, etc.

Would you have another suggestion for fighting types? I scrolled threw them and I thought this one was the worst one because of its weaknesses.

4 hours ago, Jace3 said:

- Kricketune

- Pachirisu

Kricketune and pachirisu completely demolishes early game. I've also heard many reports of people making good use of Shedinja against important battles (Amaria is a huge example of a leader that gets demolished by Shedinja). 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jace3 said:

Would you have another suggestion for fighting types? I scrolled threw them and I thought this one was the worst one because of its weaknesses.

1. Primeape. Okay attack and mediocre speed, plus terrible defenses. And you can get solid choices in Pangoro or Hariyama in the exact same area you can find Primeape.

2. Poliwrath.

3. Emboar. The second or third worst starter depending on what you think of Chikorita. And like Primeape you immediately have two options that are just better, but in this case Emboar is so totally outclassed by Infernape and ESPECIALLY Blaziken it’s actually funny. Terrible bulk paired with bad speed, and a way too high special attack, while it’s clearly a physical attacker. And a bunch of self-damaging moves despite not great health. There’s a reason Tepig can be caught so early in the game.

My vote goes to Emboar, since at least Mankey get cross chop by Florinia.

On the topic of Shedinja, if you soak it then Adrienn can do literally nothing to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, wcv said:

On the topic of Shedinja, if you soak it then Adrienn can do literally nothing to it.

I didn't think about this option, good one if it actually works 👍

Took a closer look on Emboar.... Its moveset is horrible... So I never played with it but yeah I guess it is worse than Breloom.

A male Combee.

I believe that this is the worst pokemon that cannot evolve in terms of total base stats with the exception of Shedinja.

If it has honey gatherer it does nothing for you in battle while hustle makes it unreliable in terms of accuracy. And I think it can learn about 6 or 7 moves in total, TMs included. One of which is Snore, however it does not have a way to put itself to sleep.

Honestly not sure if there's any harder option than this (in regards to fully evolved or non-evolveable Pokemon)

17 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Have to disagree about Primeape for having used it. Luna is utterly whitewashed by it, making a far better job against her than Pangoro or Hariyama because of their speed lack. Hitmonchan is a far worse pokemon.

By then you have access to a lot more Pokemon, including Unburden Hitmonlee. Which is a better fighting type than any of those, as well as Heracross, for Luna. Primeape is still outclassed. At least Hitmonchan gets decent coverage in the Elemental punches, plus Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch.

It also gets agility to boost its terrible speed if you can time one right.

IMO Primeape is still worse.

2 minutes ago, M4RC said:

Honestly not sure if there's any harder option than this (in regards to evolved or non-evolveable Pokemon)

Well, Unown is kinda harder because it can learn only one move. 

What about Furret, Spinda, Chimecho, Basculin, Relicanth, Sunflora and Skitty? Does anyone use them?

5 hours ago, Reispher said:

Spinda

I believe that was quite useful in the Hardcore mod since it had Hyper Voice. It rapidly ceased being useful but still...

I don't know if that's still true since I haven't played the Redux mod.

5 hours ago, Reispher said:

Relicanth

Used it once in a rain run against Ciel due to Swift Swim and Head Smash. I think it got off like two attacks before fainting. Would not recommend.

Never used any of the others.

3 hours ago, SadMoney said:

Anyone use farfetch, mothim, rapidash, ledian, furret, stantler, delcatty, tropics, watchdog?

Well Furret can learn Batton Pass by level up so you can kinda use it so set up for another Pokemon with an dmg reducing item or an item that prevents K.O. and it got good speed stats.

Farfetch can learn some good attacks like Sword Dance and Agility but its base stats are horrible. So to make it reliable you would need to set up a lot... :/

Mothim learns Quiver Dance at level 1 according to bullbapedia, so it can be good in the early game.

For Rapidash I used it as a kami kaze Pokemon to one hit something with a fire gem and Flare Blitz, but there are definetly better choices, tho its attack and speed stats are not bad. But I didn't use it for quite a while now and I don't think I ever will anymore.

I never used Delcatty and even in Pokemon XD or Ruby, Saphire and Emerald, I thought it was not good. But it got only 1 weakness and a speed base stat of 90 and it can learn a lot of stuff so maybe you can make it usable? But I don't know, I don't like it.

With Tropics I think you mean Tropius? For me it was a HM slave, nothing more....

Watchog can learn some good moves by level up like Baton Pass, Super Fang, Nasty Plot. Base stats are not terrible so it can be a set up Pokemon with some EV/IV training and also a dmg reducing item.

But like always, these are just my thoughts on this. Everybody is welcomed to correct me or state their thoughts on that.

4 hours ago, Jace3 said:

Well Furret can learn Batton Pass by level up so you can kinda use it so set up for another Pokemon with an dmg reducing item or an item that prevents K.O. and it got good speed stats.

Farfetch can learn some good attacks like Sword Dance and Agility but its base stats are horrible. So to make it reliable you would need to set up a lot... :/

Mothim learns Quiver Dance at level 1 according to bullbapedia, so it can be good in the early game.

For Rapidash I used it as a kami kaze Pokemon to one hit something with a fire gem and Flare Blitz, but there are definetly better choices, tho its attack and speed stats are not bad. But I didn't use it for quite a while now and I don't think I ever will anymore.

I never used Delcatty and even in Pokemon XD or Ruby, Saphire and Emerald, I thought it was not good. But it got only 1 weakness and a speed base stat of 90 and it can learn a lot of stuff so maybe you can make it usable? But I don't know, I don't like it.

With Tropics I think you mean Tropius? For me it was a HM slave, nothing more....

Watchog can learn some good moves by level up like Baton Pass, Super Fang, Nasty Plot. Base stats are not terrible so it can be a set up Pokemon with some EV/IV training and also a dmg reducing item.

But like always, these are just my thoughts on this. Everybody is welcomed to correct me or state their thoughts on that.

I tried using quiver dance mothim, but it's bad typing and only special attacks are hidden power and confusion early. Outclassed by wormadam as a quiver dancer, which is not saying much.

The others have some potential, but I never heard of anyone actually using them.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Reispher said:

Well, Unown is kinda harder because it can learn only one move. 

That is true, however, Unown has higher stats than Combee in every category apart from speed. Furthermore, Hidden Power can technically turn out to be every type (apart from Normal and Fairy in this case I believe). I will admit, though, that Unown is still of worse in regards to move(s), however, it can at least attack with a 72 base attack as opposed to 30.

Both are immune to Ground moves, Unown has 2 resistances (1/2 Fighting and Psychic), Combee has 3 (1/4 Fighting & Grass, 1/2 Bug), so that puts Unown at a disadvantage.

However, Unown has 3 weaknesses (2x Bug, Ghost, Dark) whereas Combee has 5 (2x Fire, Electric, Ice, Flying, 4x Rock), which puts Combee at a disadvantage.

Not necessarily saying one is definitely better/worse than the other but I think this shows that one can't say Unown is harder with certainty either.

2 hours ago, M4RC said:

That is true, however, Unown has higher stats than Combee in every category apart from speed. Furthermore, Hidden Power can technically turn out to be every type (apart from Normal and Fairy in this case I believe). I will admit, though, that Unown is still of worse in regards to move(s), however, it can at least attack with a 72 base attack as opposed to 30.

Both are immune to Ground moves, Unown has 2 resistances (1/2 Fighting and Psychic), Combee has 3 (1/4 Fighting & Grass, 1/2 Bug), so that puts Unown at a disadvantage.

However, Unown has 3 weaknesses (2x Bug, Ghost, Dark) whereas Combee has 5 (2x Fire, Electric, Ice, Flying, 4x Rock), which puts Combee at a disadvantage.

Not necessarily saying one is definitely better/worse than the other but I think this shows that one can't say Unown is harder with certainty either.

Hustle combee has higher damage output and better speed than unown, especially if it isn't hidden power psychic