Pokemon No one ever uses

PokeGuy96

I'm inclined to say Girafarig, but fwiw it gets Baton Pass so maybe someone has used it already. As for Parasect, it has its uses because its one of the few (if not the only) Bug-type that can learn Wide Guard. Pretty useful move to have when you're doing a Bug monotype run and face against Charlotte.

23 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

As for Parasect

Has a solid niche of being one of the best mons for catching Pokemon. Since it learns False Swipe and Spore it can both inflict 100% accurate Sleep and reduce the wild Pokemon to 1 HP every time. Definitely terrible for battling trainers, but still has a solid niche that few other Pokemon can fill.

For Stantler...hm...it does get two good abilities in Intimidate and Sap Sipper. But yeah, probably not worth using.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zargerth said:

I'm inclined to say Girafarig, but fwiw it gets Baton Pass so maybe someone has used it already.

That’s an understatement here. Girafarig gets Baton Pass, Agility and Nasty Plot.

I used (an underlevelled) one to sweep Ciel in my first playthrough, I couldn’t come up with anything else. The strategy was to set it up on Togekiss, starting with X SpDef, then Agilities, and Nasty Plots (with healing items to soak the damage, eventual crits, and T-Wave iirc), and then Baton Pass to Walrein. 

• Like 1

Oh I forgot about Stanler having Intimidate. Ok maybe I would use him in some double battles if I were in monotypes.

As for the cats, I would totally use some of them. Incineroar is a god in double battles. Liepard gets Prankster so there are things to do with him. Persian has good early game with Technician. A-Persian can work a little with Fur Coat and Nasty Plot. 

Eneco and Delcatty can keep being pets forever. 

• Like 1

Vanilluxe

like, you can have it before Florina, as soon as it hits luxe it can have snow warning, acid armor on vanillish makes corey a joke. Mirror coat off a respectable spD is great, learns freeze dry by level up. Only thing its lacking is aurora veil on its own but if you must use aurora veil you can just pray for cryogonal from the egg or wait till after Serra.

people back when B/W came out said "lol ice-cream pokemon, its terrible" and people still overlook it.

What about sunkern/sunflora? This could be a challenge especially later on when enemies are much more powerful and have way better mons?

Also with most of these mons even though they have bad base stats I can make a decent moveset with what they learn to make them a bit better. Also not going to use male combee as that thing doesnt evolve at all and its super weak not even worth trying. Farfectd learns swords dance to boost its attack so it might be more useful and Unown never used one so cant really say much about it.

Anyway thanks for all suggestions now I need to decide on my team

On 1/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, Conkeldurp said:

Howdy,

How about all the kittens. You get them all before Florina and they are all awful.

-Meowth

-Purrloin

-Incineroar

-Eneco

And

-The dark type cat

Meowth and Purrloin are not the worst Pokémon at that point in the game. Meowth gets Technician, Fake Out and Screech and Purrloin gets Prankster. Litten is not a bad starter at all. Overall decent stats, Intimidate and an okay movepool. I agree on Skitty though, not even evolving can save it from being useless. 

Edited by Nocturne93