[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

20 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

desoooo.jpg

I think the second book would be green in color and will contain only me, Emily, Scarlett with a bullet scar for joining Crescent, Connor with so many bullet shots (coz why not) but somehow still alive but most of all many pink pages with only one word "ROSETTTAAAA". I'm pretty sure there's no Baron, Amelia, Nova or Hardy in that book.

7 hours ago, Caz said:

I don't want to confirm anything just yet

Hardy

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Ruby Red said:
12 hours ago, GenEric said:

How old are the characters exactly? 

If they were to partake in a drinking game, who would get drunk the fastest and who would stay sober? 

I asked Caz a bit ago and he didn't give everyone a specific age and i have my own headcanons, but all of them are adults and iirc.. (srry if i forget some charas,)

Protags, Connor, Ava, Scarlett, Tristan, Hardy, (REDACTED), Sena : 18-21 (the protags are canonically adults but ppl can headcanon w/e)
Shiv, Aurora, Nova, Amelia, Emily, Aderyn, Garret(?) : 21-25
Garret??????? Lilith, Rosetta, (SPOILER), 25-28
Baron: no clue. I assume at least 50+ lol 

also, ur asking the real questions now. these are my hc's in case caz decides to respond lol
(gonna include the ppl 21+ bc drinking ages vary 😔)

Fastest drunk? this is entierly bc I think it'd be hilarious but shiv/aurora/garret
Sad n Sober? Spoiler character but also probably Baron

ily for these funny q's they keep my sanity 

I stand corrected

772e4cc7188dac879b6836c85633ee84.png

• Like 2

• Veterans
56 minutes ago, GenEric said:

So darkrai will be a regular character? 

Can he talk lmao

Lol Darkrai is Deso's mascot and I also have an unrelated darkrai oc, so we tend to meme darkrai here and there~ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MefisMetalcx726 said:

i only have 1 question why your leve this Fan game for 4 years in the last V4.1? i wait for v5 around 5 years or less.

Read the faq, it's answered there

But basically med school

• Veterans
8 hours ago, MefisMetalcx726 said:

i only have 1 question why your leve this Fan game for 4 years in the last V4.1? i wait for v5 around 5 years or less.

Maybe he.... has a busy life? Very shocking information I know.

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Lord Otto said:

Are there any major changes to the previous story content or is it overall the same? 

From what I remember what The devs said is that story wise nothing change in the previous versions except 5 out of 8 of the starters being change, mons you can encounter and changes to important characters teams

Hi Developers,

Firstly a big thank you for bringing back the game. I am excited to play the game and know how the story will progress. The three things that really made desolation stand out for me were the amazing story and characters, the credit system and the luxury of having your own customisable mansion. One thing I didn't like about the game was that as the maps/regions felt lacking or hurried as the game progressed. So, my question for the devs is that did you rework older areas (specifically Blackview and Celia). Sorry, if I have been too straightforward as I am not a native english speaker. But I am really looking forward to play v5 (much more excited than reborn E19)

• Global Mods
21 hours ago, Ravuri1 said:

Hi Developers,

Firstly a big thank you for bringing back the game. I am excited to play the game and know how the story will progress. The three things that really made desolation stand out for me were the amazing story and characters, the credit system and the luxury of having your own customisable mansion. One thing I didn't like about the game was that as the maps/regions felt lacking or hurried as the game progressed. So, my question for the devs is that did you rework older areas (specifically Blackview and Celia). Sorry, if I have been too straightforward as I am not a native english speaker. But I am really looking forward to play v5 (much more excited than reborn E19)

Hey we appreciate it my guy! we are excited to be bringing you the game soon! 

In regard to your question, yes and no? Lemme explain. So Caz has edited a few of the older maps slightly and I have personally gone back to adjust and fix anything that looked out of place, few errors etc, for example.. trees.. I now despise trees..
You may notice a few maps having a slight revamp, not major! just a little polish up for details. However with myself only starting mapping recently (as in the past 6 months?) the maps will mainly get a major rework when we start development on v6! 

This is because for v5, our main focuses were:

1. Revamping the characters, Ruby did a fantastic job on giving them new life.

2. Balance, my main goal was to adjust the game and make the overall "Pokemon gamplay" aspect more enjoyable

3. Actually pumping out the story lol

We have goals set in mind for v6, one of them will be reworking the maps! This is a long project, and as you can expect with gaining a team, it's gonna take a bit of time before everything is completely up to scratch with our vision! But we hope we deliver an overall enhanced Pokemon Desolation in v5!

• Like 3

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, GenEric said:

so

how is development going

is everything on fire yet

Development is going well! In the midst of Beta Testing, ironing out any small errors and bugs, adjusting teams if need be and overall polishing up the game as a whole.

We are still aiming End of June (in a week or two) and we have a unexpected surprise which we are happy we were able to get sorted during this period of testing, but more of that will come closer to the release date :] idk if we will be giving you guys a set date but just expect it looming around the corner when you least expect it! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Wolfmoru said:

Hi, i'm new here!!

Will the game also feature the overleveling pokemon don't listen to you mechanic after the rework?

/ will it be possible to turn that off in settings? For a more casual experience?

Hey welcome!

So we had this feature previously (and it still is a feature) however, as of v5 there will now be a hard cap! basically your Pokemon will no longer gain experience past a certain cap (which you can see what it is while viewing your Trainer Card) til you receive the next badge. It's essentially Rejuvenation's hard cap which we implemented into the game. You can still go over the hard cap using a Rare Candy and then a Reserve Candy to get your Pokemon under again, if you need a specific move or evolution before a battle :] 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Posty said:

Hey welcome!

So we had this feature previously (and it still is a feature) however, as of v5 there will now be a hard cap! basically your Pokemon will no longer gain experience past a certain cap (which you can see what it is while viewing your Trainer Card) til you receive the next badge. It's essentially Rejuvenation's hard cap which we implemented into the game. You can still go over the hard cap using a Rare Candy and then a Reserve Candy to get your Pokemon under again, if you need a specific move or evolution before a battle :] 

Ahh, that's so exciting!!

Thank you, i'm excited to play as the yellow haired chara again, it's been a while!!

Edited by Wolfmoru
  • Like 2

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, Ravuri1 said:

Hi,

I have another question. So will we be having a feature to check the field effects in Desolation v5 just like how Reborn has the field effect readouts in its pokegear?

Potentially in v6, for v5 I plan on making a small field effect guide which will be located in the Desolation Folder, since we adjusted a few fields from Reborn as well as created our own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Posty said:

Potentially in v6, for v5 I plan on making a small field effect guide which will be located in the Desolation Folder, since we adjusted a few fields from Reborn as well as created our own.

Cool. Thanks for answering my questions

• Developers
1 hour ago, Chrixai said:

What was easy and what was hard when you proceeded to make episode 5? What did you have the most fun with?

Easy - graphics and battles, because Ruby and Posty did all of it.

Hard - meeting expectations after a multi-year absence, and continuing the story in a way that's respectful to its roots. I don't know if I pulled off either of those things yet.

• Like 1